Full Version: Rigger 4
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
CanRay
You can find out about it here.
nylanfs
NOW there can be a new version of SR.
nylanfs
Although I wasn't aware that the Chicago Sprawl spread across half of Indiana to make Aurora the outskirts. smile.gif
Stahlseele
*points at date*
Nice try CanRay
UmaroVI
High quality product as always. I love the Luftballoon.
Loch
The Renraku Origami one got me good. spin.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 1 2013, 01:14 PM) *
*points at date*
Nice try CanRay
*Points To Date* What does CGL usually do on this day?
cryptoknight
Perhaps the best item in the list is the Hunchback IIC...errr... Warhammer... yes... Warhammer... just need 50,000,000 to get it... plus some custom deltaware.... can't wait to use it in Missions... nyahnyah.gif
Jaid
actually, while it's obviously made special for today, i'd say there's at least a few things in there that would happily see use.

surprisingly, the not-a-barbie car can mount weapons, for example... better make it a not-a-GIJoe if you want it to not look suspicious though nyahnyah.gif

and i'm pretty sure that android will get used by at least a few people nyahnyah.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 1 2013, 08:32 PM) *
*Points To Date* What does CGL usually do on this day?

did not look at the link i thought this would be on your shoulders ^^
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Jaid @ Apr 1 2013, 01:41 PM) *
actually, while it's obviously made special for today, i'd say there's at least a few things in there that would happily see use.

surprisingly, the not-a-barbie car can mount weapons, for example... better make it a not-a-GIJoe if you want it to not look suspicious though nyahnyah.gif

and i'm pretty sure that android will get used by at least a few people nyahnyah.gif

Please note! Each MK of the android is statted up in a matching edition's rules. So, it's useful for the SR 3, 2, and even 1 holdouts that float around. biggrin.gif
Larsine
My bet is that we will see a new edition within the next 6 months grinbig.gif
Tashiro
I couldn't believe how many of these things could be of use. The hoverboard, the mech, the android. Just... wow. I love it. biggrin.gif
Pepsi Jedi
Like others, there are things in there I'd actually use in game.

My rigger has a squad of 8 inch tall action figures that he uses for spy and infil drones. The remote car (( natually the GI Joe model!!) Would work great with them.

The Android, while done up for humor, IS mentioned in the books. Both the recoil from them after the crash, and the fact that AI's like to use them. Granted most people would use them as sex bots, but combine this with some of the persona's out of the Sims book and you could get some intresting combos.

A maid that kept your safehouse cleaned, stocked and who could hold an assult rifle and guard you while you slept or healed up after a run? Not the worst idea in the world. If I'm reading it right, the base model newest gen starts at 50K, with addon's not being too stupidly expensive. Figure if you get one used. (( Really really REALLY clean it)) You could probably net one for 15-25K. lol.
Sengir
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Apr 1 2013, 07:32 PM) *
Perhaps the best item in the list is the Hunchback IIC...errr... Warhammer... yes... Warhammer... just need 50,000,000 to get it... plus some custom deltaware.... can't wait to use it in Missions... nyahnyah.gif

I would try to wiggle it into a CBT game. Since we have weapons which can shoot further than 1 km...
Tashiro
The mech isn't too far out there. I took a GMC Banshee, turned it into a walker, and dumped a whole bunch of weapons and sensors on it - effectively turning it into a mech.

The Ares Hurricane Military Walker
The Ares Hurricane is one of the most advanced walkers in the market. This behemoth stands well over 10 metres tall, and is used out in the field against some of the largest threats in the Sixth World. Each weapon system is designed for independent firing, and is capable of tracking a target without the pilot's attention, continuing to fire upon the target until it is destroyed, or can all be locked together into sequence firing, each weapon firing on the same initiative pass.

Category: Military Craft
Handling: 0 Accel: 14/70
Speed: 280 Device: 5
Pilot: 3 Body: 36
Armour: 28 Sensor: 3 (Signal: 5)
Firewall: 5 Signal: 5
Response: 5 System: 5
Avail: 28F Cost: 8,205,600
Slots: 0

* Lock-On Countermeasures Rigger Adaptation
* Armour, Smart (Rating 15) Body Stabilizer (Rating 3)
* Complete Skinlink Enhanced Image Screens
* Engine Customization, Acceleration Engine Customization, Speed
* Life Support Level 2 Satellite Communication
* Signature Masking (Rating 3) Self-Repair
* Special Armour Mod, Chemical Protection (Rating 10)
* Special Armour Mod, Fire Resistance (Rating 10)
* Special Armour Mod, Insulation (Rating 10)
* Special Armour Mod, Nonconductivity (Rating 10)
* Special Armour Mod, Radiation (Rating 10)
* Touch Sensors
* Vehicle Sensor
* Walker Mode

Weapon Mount (Reinforced, External, Heavy Turret, Remote) Left Arm
Weapon Mount (Reinforced, External, Heavy Turret, Remote) Right Arm
Weapon Mount (Reinforced, External, Fixed, Remote) Torso
Weapon Mount (Reinforced, External, Fixed, Remote) Torso
Weapon Mount (Normal, External, Turret, Remote) Left Shoulder
Weapon Mount (Normal, External, Turret, Remote) Right Shoulder

Weapon Systems Possess:
* Radar Designator (Rating 6) Safe Target System (Image Recognition Software)
* Smartgun System, Internal Camera Upgrade (Vision Enhancement (Rating 3))
* Camera Upgrade (Vision Magnification) Camera Upgrade (Smartlink)
* Camera Upgrade (Thermographic) Camera Upgrade (Low Light)
* Camera Upgrade (Image Link) Camera Upgrade (Flare Compensation)
* Improved Range Finder

Torso: 2 Mercury Lasers
Damage: 16P
RC: 0
AP: -Half
Reach: 0
Mode: SS
Ammo: 1000
Avail: 30F
Cost: 2,003,575
Conceal: +10
Range: Short (150) Medium (350) Long (800) Extreme (1500)

Arms: Hephasteus Gauss Cannon
Damage: 18P(-2/m)
AP: -10
Mode: SS
Ammo: 50 (Belt)
Avail: 30F
Cost: 600,000
Conceal: +10
Range: Short (100) Medium (300) Long (750) Extreme (1500)

Shoulders: Zeus RMM-6 (Carrying 6 High Explosive Missiles Each, Rating 6)
Damage: 14P (-2/m)
AP: -2
Mode: SA/BF/FA
Ammo: 6
Avail: 34F
Cost: 21,000
Conceal: N/A
Range: Short (70) Medium (150) Long (450) Extreme (1500)
Fatum
Finally a CGL product worth its cost!
CanRay
QUOTE (Fatum @ Apr 1 2013, 04:02 PM) *
Finally a CGL product worth its cost!
Thanks Fatum, I worked really hard on the parts I did.
Aaron
It's fun when I get to be silly. It's even more fun when I get to poke fun at myself.
Bull
This was a fun one, and I actually did a lot of work on that BattleMech to try and make it "playable". If you're in a game where you have access to Tanks and Jets, the Mech isn't really that "out there". smile.gif

Plus the Amish War Buggy pic that Squinky did for me was AMAZING. I laughed my ass off at that one. smile.gif
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (Bull @ Apr 1 2013, 05:52 PM) *
This was a fun one, and I actually did a lot of work on that BattleMech to try and make it "playable". If you're in a game where you have access to Tanks and Jets, the Mech isn't really that "out there". smile.gif

Plus the Amish War Buggy pic that Squinky did for me was AMAZING. I laughed my ass off at that one. smile.gif

What about Bulls van?
bannockburn
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Apr 2 2013, 01:17 AM) *
What about Bulls van?

Obviously, he laughed his arm and leg off at the van.

Bull's losing extremities at an alarming rate!
FuelDrop
I love it. next time, can we get hobby air-plane to add to our arsenal as well? After all, what rigger wouldn't jump at the chance for some cheap disposable air recon?

Also, love the Amish war buggy. Whoever thought of that deserves a pay rise.
KarmaInferno
Bull! We need Bull's Van in Missions!

-k
FuelDrop
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Apr 2 2013, 11:24 AM) *
Bull! We need Bull's Van in Missions!

-k

Seconded! Motion passes!
KarmaInferno
Also, I did grin at the edition-appropriate stats for each of the 4 versions of the Nadeshiko.

smile.gif

-k
Rubic
I've been dying to get hoverskates for a character idea! Now, though, I'm considering the hoverboards even more... I wonder how much modding it would take to get rid of gremlins in that high-end board...

I do, however, think my GM would be pissed if I took out a Warhammer too easily. I'll need to get to work figuring out the right combo to do it before he can materialize extras on me xD
Ryusukanku
I wanna see a Go-Gang wearing Pinstripe Suits, bowler hats, Monocles and zooming down the highways on Pound-Penny-Farthings.

Heck... I may have to make a character who belongs to such a gang, now.
Wakshaani
I had one more to go in, but I completely failed on the art side of things and couldn't get it in in time. I also got more art in for the hoverboard (Art by Shannon Galvin, lead artist of Spore and the not-yet-released Witness... Had mercy on the CRAPPY art I'd done up and redid it. Too late for proper inclusion, but I'll link it here until my Photobucket account curls up and dies.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/Wak...zps2ca2c679.jpg

Feel free to color her up and post your versions ... 'boards are all about the crazy art, and I'm curious what kinds of designs might fall out of your collective heads. (Bet there'll be flames! There're always flames.)

The Nadeshiko also had bad Wakshaani art, but it didn't make the cut. Grab the nearest Robot Maid manga and go, "There ya go." MK-4 has metal antennae in place of ears, MK-3 has some noticeable joints, MK-2 is mostly metal (Soriyama-style!), while MK-1 is all metal.

Now, I gotta go and read more about what everybody else did. The doughnut van in particular is jumping up and down for my attention!

CanRay
QUOTE (Ryusukanku @ Apr 2 2013, 12:23 AM) *
I wanna see a Go-Gang wearing Pinstripe Suits, bowler hats, Monocles and zooming down the highways on Pound-Penny-Farthings.

Oh Ghost, not ANOTHER character... *Headdesk*
Ryusukanku
QUOTE (Ryusukanku @ Apr 2 2013, 12:23 AM) *

Oh Ghost, not ANOTHER character... *Headdesk*

"Oh, my gosh! Everybody, it's Li'l Saul and the Breakingham Palace Crew!"

"Oy, poi, poi and a deetle, deetle, deetle!"
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Apr 2 2013, 01:24 AM) *
I had one more to go in, but I completely failed on the art side of things and couldn't get it in in time. I also got more art in for the hoverboard (Art by Shannon Galvin, lead artist of Spore and the not-yet-released Witness... Had mercy on the CRAPPY art I'd done up and redid it. Too late for proper inclusion, but I'll link it here until my Photobucket account curls up and dies.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/Wak...zps2ca2c679.jpg

Feel free to color her up and post your versions ... 'boards are all about the crazy art, and I'm curious what kinds of designs might fall out of your collective heads. (Bet there'll be flames! There're always flames.)

The Nadeshiko also had bad Wakshaani art, but it didn't make the cut. Grab the nearest Robot Maid manga and go, "There ya go." MK-4 has metal antennae in place of ears, MK-3 has some noticeable joints, MK-2 is mostly metal (Soriyama-style!), while MK-1 is all metal.

Now, I gotta go and read more about what everybody else did. The doughnut van in particular is jumping up and down for my attention!

I've wanted a hover board ever since Back to the Future II. Pretty much everyone I knew wanted one. Still do...

One of my players DL this today and asked me which one of the MK's this would fall under. http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/282...8-1680-1050.jpg
Wakshaani
That'd be a late-model MK-II or an early MK-III.

You can do a lot with 'em, including male models. The level 3 Mimic makes 'em fully lifelike, so you can get Android 17 or 18-types ala Dragonball Z, or the female Boomers from Bubblegum Crisis, or Dorothy from Big O. You can also use them as "Agent Smith" types, where several smae-faced 'bots in suits can come after the Shadowrunners, being mowed down... and another wave just follows them.

I think they'll prove fun, and I already see people talking about neat things, like getting a "Guard Dog" for an astral-projecting mage, or hacing a two-legged pack mule to bring your extra guns around. Just remember, the base form is Pilot 2! Updating to a 3+ is essential if you want it to start thinking ahead. smile.gif
CanRay
Damnit, now I want an R. Dorothy Wayneright... Or a Red Destiny.

Hell, I want both.
Rubic
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Apr 2 2013, 02:20 AM) *

You can do a lot with 'em, including male models. The level 3 Mimic makes 'em fully lifelike, so you can get Android 17 or 18-types ala Dragonball Z, or the female Boomers from Bubblegum Crisis, or Dorothy from Big O. You can also use them as "Agent Smith" types, where several smae-faced 'bots in suits can come after the Shadowrunners, being mowed down... and another wave just follows them.

I think they'll prove fun, and I already see people talking about neat things, like getting a "Guard Dog" for an astral-projecting mage, or hacing a two-legged pack mule to bring your extra guns around. Just remember, the base form is Pilot 2! Updating to a 3+ is essential if you want it to start thinking ahead. smile.gif

Forget that! Skip the brain-in-a-"jar" phase, and skip directly to Battle Angel: Last Order. A chipset brain (AI), spawned from a MkII or III pilot program, skills derived from combat autosofts, and cyberlimb combat upgrades. Panzer Kunst and Sechster Angrif (if I recall the spelling correctly) are just a heartbeat away.
ShadowDragon8685
It's officially, 5th Edition can happen now.

Rigger 4 is hi-larious. Especially the DOUGHNUT section. Haze seems to be channeling Pinkie Pie on crystal meth.
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Apr 2 2013, 01:20 AM) *

Yeah I pointed out that possibility earlier. Thing is, with the cost of them, you'd really hate for them to be shot up. Better than you being dead and all, but it'd suck if your Maid/sex/Safehouse Guard bot got blown up. lol
CanRay
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Apr 2 2013, 01:32 AM) *
Rigger 4 is hi-larious. Especially the DOUGHNUT section. Haze seems to be channeling Pinkie Pie on crystal meth.
ShadowBronies still scare me.
Bull
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 2 2013, 02:44 AM) *

As well they should.

I was getting a Homer Simpsons vibe off him myself. smile.gif
Wakshaani
We very nearly had Pony Drones in the mix.

Next time, Gadget!

Next time...
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 2 2013, 01:44 AM) *

Gotta say, most of my Char's would shoot a "ShadowBronie" right in the face. No questions asked.
*BANG!*
"WHoa!?? Why'd you shoot him??"
"He called himself a Bronie"
"Oh... well."
"Yeah"
"Well we better get out of here. Knight Errant will be on their way"
*BANG!! BANG!!*
"....... Had to make sure?"
"Yeah."
"Word."
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 2 2013, 01:44 AM) *

What's wrong? Can't handle the juxtaposition of playing someone who drives around in a black trenchcoat and will, if the price is right, shoot someone right in the god damn face for nuyen, and then turning around to love me some adorable cartoon ponies?
CanRay
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Apr 2 2013, 02:05 AM) *
What's wrong? Can't handle the juxtaposition of playing someone who drives around in a black trenchcoat and will, if the price is right, shoot someone right in the god damn face for nuyen, and then turning around to love me some adorable cartoon ponies?
Because they make things like this and this.
CanRay
And this.
DMiller
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 2 2013, 04:49 PM) *

wow...just...wow
tasti man LH
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 2 2013, 12:49 AM) *

...I never thought I would see the day where something even less dignified than the Barbie dolls of Cyberpunk v3.0 would exist...

Still can't believe I let one of my players slip a ShadowBrony through...
FuelDrop
Interesting... I have a minor case of broniedom, but I'd never consider mixing it with my shadowrunning. I mean, just because I enjoy two things doesn't mean that I have to combine them.

Anyway, I honestly don't think it'd be fun with my group. A whole group of shadowbrownies on the on the other hand...

Actually, that concept might be better saved for after the horror invasion. After all, something that can terrify the horrors might be a useful weapon for metahumanity.
toturi
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Apr 2 2013, 04:40 PM) *
Actually, that concept might be better saved for after the horror invasion. After all, something that can terrify the horrors might be a useful weapon for metahumanity.

No. The concept is better before the horror invasion. Something like them can stop the invasion before it even starts.
FuelDrop
QUOTE (toturi @ Apr 2 2013, 04:57 PM) *
No. The concept is better before the horror invasion. Something like them can stop the invasion before it even starts.

Ok. I can't believe I'm saying this, but... we need to gather up a bunch of shadowbrownies and have them do some runs together, preferably against Aztechnology for the good of metahumanity the world over.

That may be the weirdest thing I've ever posted. And I've posted some weird stuff in my time!
UmaroVI
And, of course, this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012