Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So who is getting Shadowrun Returns?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Sendaz
Release is soon upon us and just curious how many folk are going to be downloading it once it's available.

I am getting it just because I loved the original and will be fun to play with the editor.
FuelDrop
Could we get "Preordered" added to the list?
DamHawke
Already used my key on Steam. Just waiting for it to drop so I can download it XP
Elfenlied
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Jul 23 2013, 11:46 AM) *
Could we get "Preordered" added to the list?

Seconded. Got the Deluxe Edition preordered for some time now, since the original release date was supposed to be June 25th.
Sunshine
Preordered and waiting for Thursday! cyber.gif
Stahlseele
3 keys
+ backer ability
+ doc wagon
CrystalBlue
I've been toying around with the mission builder since it came out. Wanting to full version so I can use something a bit less clunky and bug-ridden.
FuelDrop
I am kicking myself for not kickstarting this game.
DWC
I hit up the Steam Pre-order sale. Don't see a lot getting done this weekend.
Draco18s
Hacked backed it on Kickstarter, here.
Comes out on Thursday, birthday's on Friday. Potential to be the best gift ever.

Friend of mine dumped $500 for early access to the editor and wasn't impressed. More like overwhelmed. Compared it to a Unity interface with no documentation.
Seerow
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Jul 23 2013, 11:14 AM) *
I am kicking myself for not kickstarting this game.

This.

I didn't have the money to spare when the kickstarter was running. But I still wish I had found it, can't wait til Thursday.
CanRay
Kickstarted the game. biggrin.gif
cryptoknight
QUOTE (DWC @ Jul 23 2013, 07:30 AM) *
I hit up the Steam Pre-order sale. Don't see a lot getting done this weekend.

I got that beat. Downloading it on Thursday to Laptop and then heading off on a cruise for a week, with no internet,etc...

Steam in offline mode with Shadowrun Returns for a week.

Yes yes... I'll be doing cruise stuff... but sitting on a deck chair with a Mai Tai playing SRR sounds like a good week.
cryptoknight
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 23 2013, 09:24 AM) *
Friend of mine dumped $500 for early access to the editor and wasn't impressed. More like overwhelmed. Compared it to a Unity interface with no
documentation.

Gah I hope not.... I so want to create SR adventures...

Map building is supposed to be like Legos... so that's not too bad as long as I don't have to deal with straight bricks and hills.... smile.gif
Sendaz
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Jul 23 2013, 10:56 AM) *
I got that beat. Downloading it on Thursday to Laptop and then heading off on a cruise for a week, with no internet,etc...

Yes yes... I'll be doing cruise stuff... but sitting on a deck chair with a Mai Tai playing SRR sounds like a good week.

Sounds good.. send pics.

And here is me and the laptop sniping ghouls while sitting in a café along the beach....

That waitress is definitely a solid 6 Cha.

biggrin.gif
Jack VII
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 23 2013, 09:24 AM) *
Friend of mine dumped $500 for early access to the editor and wasn't impressed. More like overwhelmed. Compared it to a Unity interface with no documentation.

I could see that. The tutorials HBS has up for designing seem pretty good though , although they're obviously professionals. Looks like once you get the hang of it, the most annoying thing will be finding the tilesets, props, and other items from the bits box to build your maps.
Darksong
Kickstarted it, got early editor access, but then got super busy at work. Still have a couple of game ideas rattling around in my head. Hopefully I'll get them down sometime in the next year or so...
HeckfyEx
Kickstarted. Thursday can't come soon enough.
Draco18s
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Jul 23 2013, 10:57 AM) *
Gah I hope not.... I so want to create SR adventures...

Map building is supposed to be like Legos... so that's not too bad as long as I don't have to deal with straight bricks and hills.... smile.gif

Mind, that was a 20 minute impression when I reminded him that he had access and he booted it up and went "gah, so much nothing."
Given that he's been real busy, I'm not surprised he hasn't sitten* down and tried to figure things out.

*Wow Firefox, this word you don't know?
Blade
Kickstarted it, got the editor, but didn't have much time to use it between my work and my girlfriend.
I've been able to start work on one of my favorite home-made adventure, but it's heavy on the role play, so since I want to leave a lot of freedom for the player's reaction, it requires A LOT of dialogs, which takes A LOT of time.

I didn't find the editor hard to use, even quite easy, but that's coming from a developer who has already used many different level editors, so YMMV.
Bearclaw
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Jul 23 2013, 08:56 AM) *

That is an awesome plan. I've got a cruise the last week of August. Maybe I'll just save SRR for then.

Also, Kickstarted and waiting for the download to go live.
Remnar
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Jul 23 2013, 07:56 AM) *

Sounds like my weekend, but replace deck chair with... recliner. And Mai Tai with Burboun.
Roy Fokker
I didn't have an option that matched what I need. I'll be getting it eventually when its released on android tablets.
Bigity
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Jul 23 2013, 09:56 AM) *

Hope there are no game stopping bugs wink.gif
cryptoknight
QUOTE (Remnar @ Jul 23 2013, 12:51 PM) *
Sounds like my weekend, but replace deck chair with... recliner. And Mai Tai with Burboun.

Sounds good... except I have most of a whole week. smile.gif

The times I won't have revolve around food, non-electronic fun, and shore excursions.. nyahnyah.gif
cryptoknight
QUOTE (Bigity @ Jul 23 2013, 01:41 PM) *
Hope there are no game stopping bugs wink.gif

If that happens... I might have to break down and pay for data services.... :/

But it's based on 5th ed... I mean... how many bugs can there be when it's based on a system with so few flaws?

*notices over 10 pages of errata thread*

Oh crud. I hope I can find an internet cafe in jamaica
Stahlseele
shadowrun RETURNS ain't based on 5th Ed . .
it's a kinda sorta mix between SR2/3 and 4. .

Shadowrun ONLINE will be based on 4th/5th.
Remnar
Since Online was mentioned, was anyone else kinda distrubed when the first video I saw of Shadowrun Online had some sort of photon-light-bridge thing that doesn't exist in Shadowrun?

The player modelling is better than the cartoony Returns though, in my opinion.

Either way, COME ON THURSDAY GET HERE MORE FASTER, MOAR FASTER!
Draco18s
QUOTE (Remnar @ Jul 23 2013, 06:04 PM) *
Since Online was mentioned, was anyone else kinda distrubed when the first video I saw of Shadowrun Online had some sort of photon-light-bridge thing that doesn't exist in Shadowrun?

Kind of. I'm waiting to hear what the justification is on it before I render judgement. I'm totally cool with gameification to make things a good game even if it goes against the existing setting a little bit (I mean, could that bridge be a Physical Barrier of somekind? That's not too far of a stretch...)
Remnar
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 23 2013, 02:22 PM) *
Kind of. I'm waiting to hear what the justification is on it before I render judgement. I'm totally cool with gameification to make things a good game even if it goes against the existing setting a little bit (I mean, could that bridge be a Physical Barrier of somekind? That's not too far of a stretch...)

A physical barrier would work, I guess, but it would be crazy expensive to just use to cross a street (I think that is what they were doing). I guess if the rest is cool I can forgive a few items like that, but if it gets too crazy it will just straight ruin the game for me. I really did like the character modelling that I saw.
cleggster
I am super excited. I am concerned though. I wonder how many of the target audience (us) threw into the kickstart? I hope more people actually bought or are going to buy the game. It's not going to do well if a majority of it's players are investors.
tasti man LH
QUOTE (Remnar @ Jul 23 2013, 03:04 PM) *

Later on they added Annotations (on the YT video, at least) that explain that those "lights" are an AR overlay.

God, it would have bee stupid as hell if they started integrating Halo-tech.

Anyways, looking forward to the latter half of this week. Not to mention seeing what I can make out of the map editor...
tete
Is that a question? I would pay fairly big money for a good cleaned up version of 2e smile.gif that doesn't suffer from rule bloat. Had my wife not been between jobs when the kickstarter was on I would have doc wagon tags...
tete
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 23 2013, 11:44 PM) *
it's a kinda sorta mix between SR2/3 and 4. .

Weisman pretty much showed his disdain for 4e at PAX... I doubt you'll see much if any 4e in there.
DeathStrobe
QUOTE (cleggster @ Jul 23 2013, 05:30 PM) *
I am super excited. I am concerned though. I wonder how many of the target audience (us) threw into the kickstart? I hope more people actually bought or are going to buy the game. It's not going to do well if a majority of it's players are investors.

There seems to be a lot of hype around the game, probably because for video game enthusiast this is the only new good game that's out this July. Harebrain couldn't have timed it better.
Bigity
I'm all for SR 2nd edition, best edition IMO.
CanRay
I'm on a train trip pretty soon. I'm going to have to see if my pathetic little Mini-Puter can handle Steam and/or Shadowrun Returns. (Not, I'm not joking, it's a First-Gen EeePC.).
tete
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 24 2013, 02:20 AM) *
I'm on a train trip pretty soon. I'm going to have to see if my pathetic little Mini-Puter can handle Steam and/or Shadowrun Returns. (Not, I'm not joking, it's a First-Gen EeePC.).

I have one of those, it runs Puppy Linux, well after I wiped it...
CanRay
Nope, does not meet the minimum system requirements. I haz a sad.
Rystefn
Been all over this and waiting impatiently for many long months. Not exactly happy that it looks like they skipped on a midnight release, though. That's ten hours more of playing I could have gotten in before I took off for the weekend. frown.gif

Also:

QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 23 2013, 04:27 PM) *
I'm not surprised he hasn't sitten* down and tried to figure things out.

*Wow Firefox, this word you don't know?

That's because it isn't a word. The word you're looking is this obscure, seldom used throwback known as "sat." nyahnyah.gif
Critias
For those who're curious.

SR Returns Table of Contents

Foreword -- Jordan Weisman

Locks and Keys -- Jennifer Brozek

No Sharper Spur -- Russell Zimmerman

Belonging -- Robyn King

Evolution -- Dylan Birtolo

The Road to Hell -- Phaedra Weldon

But Loyal to His Salt -- Jason Schmetzer

Dinner With a Friend -- Tom Dowd

Cherry Bomb -- J.C. Hutchins

Blowing Sky High -- Patrick Goodman

Past Salvage -- Malik Toms

Showtime -- Stephen Dedman

Dog Tags -- Phillip A. Lee

White Hat, Black Bag -- Malik Toms

Never Alone -- Robyn King

The Deep End -- Jason M. Hardy

A Night’s Work -- Steven Kenson

Afterword -- Jordan Weisman

Appendix I: The Telestrian Family Tree

Appendix II: The Telestrian Industries Corporate Tree

About the Authors
Bull
Once again, I can't quite answer the poll, since I've actually been able to play some of the game for the last 2 months (and the full game for the last month) as a Beta tester for the actual game, not just the editor smile.gif

But don't sweat adding a new category. I was also kickstarter backer, so just went ahead and checked off that one. (DId the $125 level).

The game is shiny. It's got a little bit of correlation to SR2 and 3 ,but honestly it's been video-gamified. So it there's a familiar structure there, but most of it follows it's own internal rules logic. Still a ton of fun though.

Bull
Tzeentch
What did Weisman say about 4e?

The Telestrian stuff has me VERRRYYYYYYY interested.
Silverback
An here's another backer who can't wait till tomorrow. rotate.gif
Sendaz
QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 23 2013, 11:59 PM) *
Once again, I can't quite answer the poll, since I've actually been able to play some of the game for the last 2 months (and the full game for the last month) as a Beta tester for the actual game, not just the editor smile.gif

As all the shinies seem to be at Bull's place, looking for a small team to go in and extract said goodness.

Run will be Non Lethal, but kneecapping will be allowed.

Assume personnel on site to be heavily armed (subject on site has admitted to keeping several Panther cannon, including one in the loo.)

Target: Any and all shinies, including anything Beta, the computer(s) and all the 1st printings.

Need several heavy assets for B&E (if necessary) as well as hauling out the collected assets.

Rigger with Van suitable for Team and Loot.

Will need a decker/TM to either go on site with team or unavailable to travel, to hack the systems we bring out to them.

Either a Face or Way of the Speaker adept to help smooth entry past front door security.

Other Magical assets to be considered upon proof of skills.

Interested parties can contact me via Arty
Critias
QUOTE (Tzeentch @ Jul 23 2013, 11:05 PM) *
The Telestrian stuff has me VERRRYYYYYYY interested.

I may or may not have totally geeked out at GenCon, when I got a few emails from Jordan Weisman himself, asking me to confirm some Tir timeline and Telestrian family tree stuff. Discussing a few storyline things there also may or may not have influenced a couple things I slipped into LoP and my Stormfront bits, concerning new Princes and political influence and stuff.

Just kidding, it was may. It was completely may.
SCARed
another backer here. and I am already thinking of a way to get some playtime anytime soon. plus, if the game is big enough, I have to wait for the WE to download, as I am abroad at the moment. *damn*

but can't wait to get my hands on the game for sure!
Fyndhal
I kickstarted it...damn right I'm eager to play it! C'mon, Thursday!
tete
QUOTE (Tzeentch @ Jul 24 2013, 06:05 AM) *
What did Weisman say about 4e?

I dont remember his exact words but one of the audience member asked about how characters worked in relation to 4e (or something like that) and he responded witht how 4e was not in his game.
I don't recall the words but I remember it was pretty clear that it was a 2e/3e game where they could make it fit, everything else was of their own making.

This was at his Shadowrun Returns talk last year at PAX Prime.
Remnar
So, I'm wondering if today will feel longer than tomorrow as I sit at work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012