Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So who is getting Shadowrun Returns?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Stahlseele
yeah, i'll have to see that i get it installed by remote control at home so i can play when i come back . .
Remnar
Yeah, I'll probably set it to download at lunch and maybe even get to turn it on before I have to back to work. Then 5 hours of torture until I can get home for the evening.
Stahlseele
hmm, nope, other idea . . i'll simply smuggle my gaming laptop into work and wait untill the people in the higher pay grades have gone home . .
it's good to be in the late shift! ^^
Remnar
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 24 2013, 11:22 AM) *
hmm, nope, other idea . . i'll simply smuggle my gaming laptop into work and wait untill the people in the higher pay grades have gone home . .

I like that idea. It fits the theme of shadowrun better, maybe do a quick run on the supply cabinet or something to really get into the mood.
Remnar
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 24 2013, 11:22 AM) *

I like that idea. It fits the theme of shadowrun better, maybe do a quick run on the supply cabinet or something to really get into the mood.
Sendaz
StaplerRun™ biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
i do tech-support.
first thing i did when we got our new space was to smuggle in a wifi-router and bribe one of the house-techs to patch the small test-network down to us so i could get in on that too.
upper paygrade-man was not amused at first, but was also the first to complain about him not getting any wifi or mobile internet down there after i had taken the router away again.
so now it's:"we don't complain and we get to use it"
next complaint was from a buddy of mine who had become team manager by accident, that his new post was outside of that wifi radius. so i set up and hid a repeater for him too.

only reasons i get away with that are:
a: i am good friends with our shop chairman
b: the higher paygrades get to use it too
c: i do tech support for escalating corporates that we have as customers.
d: we actually do use that thing for work too, to connect our testing-hardware to.
e: it's a physically completely different network than the corporate network.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 24 2013, 03:55 PM) *
i do tech-support.
first thing i did when we got our new space was to smuggle in a wifi-router and bribe one of the house-techs to patch the small test-network down to us so i could get in on that too.

I did tech support for staff and faculty of my college at one point, first day on the job one of the (permanent) guys said, "It gets a little slow around here sometimes, you've got internet" and left.

The hardest thing about that job was switching gears from "not doing work" to "the phone is ringing because something broke" and back again. The work wasn't hard and I actually enjoyed it, it was just an issue of swapping mental RAM from one type of task to another.
Stahlseele
yeah, kinda sorta like that . .
but i have to deal with angry customers who pay for a virtual PBX and are losing money every time that thing craps itself.
and i deal with BIG corporations. bigger than the corporation i work for. bigger than the corporation(international ISP) the corporation i work for has been subcontracted by to do this sort of stuff.
otherwise, i do some testing of the VOIP-Hardware, use-cases with the management portal and i take care of tickets for faults.
but seeing how most corporations have work-hours from 08:00 - 18:30 i usually have some slow time between then and 20:00.
afterwards i do something else, but only as backup, so pretty quiet then too . .
Bigity
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 24 2013, 03:22 PM) *

My boss is gone the rest of the week and it's been slow after a busy busy 2 months!

Bigity
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 24 2013, 04:11 PM) *
I did tech support for staff and faculty of my college at one point, first day on the job one of the (permanent) guys said, "It gets a little slow around here sometimes, you've got internet" and left.

The hardest thing about that job was switching gears from "not doing work" to "the phone is ringing because something broke" and back again. The work wasn't hard and I actually enjoyed it, it was just an issue of swapping mental RAM from one type of task to another.

I agree. I try to keep busy but sometimes there just isn't much to do. There's only so much industry-related reading I can stand.

I try to find little work stuff to do when my attitude gets shifted towards 'why are people freaking bothering me' smile.gif
Cynewulf
TotalBiscuit just posted his review of Shadowrun Returns. In my not so humble opinion he is one of the better game reviewers (because his views align with my own most of the time). His review was almost universally glowing, praising everything except the save system.

Now is a good time to be a Shadowrunner.
Critias
Release time looks to be about noon, CST. Blech. I was hoping for a midnight release. smile.gif
Bull
I love TB's reviews. He does a fantastic job, he's pretty fair, and is honest about his preferences and such (and unlike a lot of reviewers, manages to review pretty fairly despite his own admitted biases.)

PLus he's entertaining.
tasti man LH
I personally keep a grab bag of several reviewers to go with, just because a.) it's incredibly silly to hang on the word of ONE reviewer and b.) it's nice to hear multiple and different perspectives on the same work, since some people will notice things that others don't notice.

I usually stick to guys like Angry Joe or Bennett the Sage (although I have no idea if those two have any intention of getting SR:R)
Cynewulf
I think they probably will. The Angry one likes pen & paper games and quirkyness, and the Sage likes good writing.
tasti man LH
Well I know he reposted the video for Satellite Reign which is already similar to SR:R in that it's cyberpunk and has turn based combat. So chances are he'd be fine with SR:R.

Sage I know likes cyberpunk, although as far as I know SR:R isn't on his radar.

Same with the SpoonyOne, and I know for a fact that he loves the hell out of SR (well, SR1-2 and early SR3. He hasn't played SR4 and I have no idea if he has intention to check out SR5), yet he acts like he isn't aware of SR:R's existence.
FuelDrop
4:43 pm over here and still no SR:R frown.gif
I hope it comes out before I hit the sack, so I can get it downloading overnight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012