Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Angel Summoner
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jhaiisiin
Instant karma! wink.gif
Shemhazai
Instead of all that focused concentration for the Willpower, consider lowering it to level 1 for some other cool spell. Use some of that available positive quality space to get Spirit Affinity (Air) which will give you an extra service every time you successfully summon an air spirit. That's like getting +3 dice to your summoning pool.

You can start the game with a rating 4 summoning focus (Air) or spend a little more for an even bigger one. Rating six would run you just 12 Karma and you could activate it while summoning. Then you could deactivate it and switch on your other focuses later.

That might be a problem with your concept that relies on sustaining focuses. If you need to summon again, you'll risk focus addiction if you keep your sustaining focuses active with a rating 6 summoning focus. You've got an awesome drain soak, even without the +4 Willpower, so recasting your buffs only takes a few seconds of your time. (I hope you aren't under fire at the time.) You're going to need reagents for that Combat Sense spell unless you want only one net hit.

Edit: I forgot to address the drain soak.

Initiate and use centering and quickening to give your high attributes +4. It'll suck to keep spending Karma every time your GM wants to torment you, but in this edition you can get by with spending only one Karma to quicken a spell! Then you will also be able to use a centering focus to help with the drain resistance, but again you'll be risking focus addiction if you combine that with your summoning focus.

Edit 2: And in the case of spirit services that will only take a short time, consider learning the Alchemical versions of some of your buffs. Your team will love it too, since you can also buff them for a few minutes.
KarmaInferno
I totally want to stat out a BMX Bandit now.

-k
FuelDrop
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Aug 5 2013, 01:17 PM) *
I totally want to stat out a BMX Bandit now.

-k

So... min-max for reaction and pilot (ground)?
I suppose that when all you have is a hammer...
Korwin
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 2 2013, 09:04 PM) *
Made all the more entertaining, since they are not HOUSERULES. They are Normal usage of Edge.
Had this argument more than once. Edge use IS CANON.

Well I would consider Spirits ALWAYS using Edge to resist summoning an HR.
To be honest, I would prefer this (HR) more than an inconsistent use of Edge by Spirits (which would be sadly 4e RAW).
Jaid
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Aug 5 2013, 12:24 AM) *
So... min-max for reaction and pilot (ground)?
I suppose that when all you have is a hammer...

also exotic melee weapon: BMX bike.

and maybe even some form of martial art.

(he may also handle the detective work, though that's not entirely clear one way or the other).
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Jaid @ Aug 5 2013, 04:58 PM) *
also exotic melee weapon: BMX bike.

and maybe even some form of martial art.

(he may also handle the detective work, though that's not entirely clear one way or the other).

Or, you know, I could just summon an army of angels to find the bad guys.
Just a thought.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Korwin @ Aug 5 2013, 01:39 AM) *
To be honest, I would prefer this (HR) more than an inconsistent use of Edge by Spirits (which would be sadly 4e RAW).

Your perrogative, to be sure, but calling it a Houserule does not make it so. *shrug*
And Not ALL spirits spend Edge at our table, just Spirits of F4 or greater.
Elfenlied
QUOTE (Korwin @ Aug 5 2013, 07:39 AM) *

Our group used F>Magic as the threshold for spirit edge use, unless you had the positive quality for the relevant spirit type.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012