Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumbest thing you've ever had a player do?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Vegetaman
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 6 2013, 05:35 PM) *
Murphy's Laws of Combat is a great read for Shadowrunners.

You mean this one?

1. If the enemy is in range, so are you.

2. Incoming fire has the right of way.

3. Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire.

4. There is always a way.

5. The easy way is always mined.

6. Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

7. Professionals are predictable, it's the amateurs that are
dangerous.

8. The enemy invariably attacks on two occasions:

a. When you're ready for them.
b. When you're not ready for them.

9. Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at.

10. If you can't remember, the claymore is pointed at you.

11. The enemy diversion you have been ignoring will be the main
attack.

12. A "sucking chest wound" is natures way of telling you to slow
down.

13. If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush.

14. Never draw fire, it irritates everyone around you.

15. Anything you do can get you shot, including nothing.

16. Make it tough enough for the enemy to get in and you won't be
able to get out.

17. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself.

18. If you are short of everything but the enemy, you are in a
combat zone.

19. When you have secured an area, don't forget to tell the enemy.

20. Never forget that your weapon is made by the lowest bidder.

21. Friendly Fire Isn't.
CanRay
Yeah, a friend of mine confirmed that they teach it at RMC (Royal Military College of Canada).
Sendaz
Sure you don't mean the RMCA then? wink.gif
RHat
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Aug 6 2013, 05:59 PM) *
Sure you don't mean the RMCA then? wink.gif

More accurately, "RMC, eh".
Vegetaman
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 6 2013, 07:57 PM) *
Yeah, a friend of mine confirmed that they teach it at RMC (Royal Military College of Canada).

Very nice. And this one is quite prescient, IMO:

7. Professionals are predictable, it's the amateurs that are
dangerous.

This is true in more things than combat. grinbig.gif
pbangarth
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Aug 6 2013, 02:53 PM) *
They were truly blessed in Wodun's eye.
Also while Berserker might sound badass, it literally mean Bear pants...

Actually, that's bear shirt:

LINK
Lionhearted
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Aug 7 2013, 04:51 AM) *
Actually, that's bear shirt:

LINK

My memory had me believe it was something along the lines of a loincloth...
It's technically more like a half-dress then a shirt though... 'särk' refers to a specific kind of shirt.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Aug 7 2013, 10:45 AM) *
'särk' refers to a specific kind of shirt.

Yes, one made out of BEAR.
Sorry.
BEAR
nyahnyah.gif
Lionhearted
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Aug 7 2013, 05:52 PM) *
Yes, one made out of BEAR.
Sorry.
BEAR
nyahnyah.gif

What do you expect us to make shirts of?
Elks? Those bastards are dangerous...
Draco18s
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Aug 7 2013, 10:55 AM) *
What do you expect us to make shirts of?
Elks? Those bastards are dangerous...

Elk will fucking hunt you down and murder you, then murder your children and your children's children.
Then stand in the road and murder some innocent bastard for just being there.
CanRay
Step one to become a berserkr: Skin a bear. Alive.
Neko Asakami
The stupidest thing I've ever had a player do? Blame a naga. (Spoiler tages because it's really long.)

[ Spoiler ]

I stopped the game there for the night and everyone went home pissed. Needless to say, the naga was quickly retired because of in-character animosity and trust issues, but the rest of the team barely trusted the troll or his player because of this. Eventually the troll's player ended up not being able to play due to real life issues, but no one really misses him.
Stahlseele
*nods*
That's Trolling right there *snickers* ^^
Neko Asakami
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 7 2013, 04:02 PM) *
*nods*
That's Trolling right there *snickers* ^^

I see wut you did there....

Though, I honestly wish that I was just being trolled by the player. I'm fine with my players trolling me, in fact I'd be sad if they didn't. This guy was just a dick and this was just the most violent example in a long line of incidents. He cheated*, was abusive to other players, argued constantly with whoever was GMing, always "forgot" to take damage and spend gold/nuyen/credits, and was generally the poster child for the player you don't want in your group. We only kept him around because his wife was really cool (the elf mage, who has sadly left the group as well) and they rode along with his sister-in-law (who is still with the group, hates his guts, and generally agrees we're better off without him).

[ Spoiler ]
FuelDrop
You know, if you're being filmed 24/7 then maybe being a professional criminal isn't the best career choice.
Just saying.
tasti man LH
Well, unless if you're a runner in LA...
Neko Asakami
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Aug 8 2013, 12:07 AM) *
You know, if you're being filmed 24/7 then maybe being a professional criminal isn't the best career choice.
Just saying.

Actually, that was one of my better moments. I let the face handle the negotiations since he was acting as the elf's manager and the player thought he could out maneuver me, so he didn't ever bother rolling for it. He ended up agreeing to the recording for something like an extra 10k nuyen a year. Granted, usually the naga would take the flyspies over, use them as additional eyes during the run, and spoof the feed using pre-recorded footage; but the one time he didn't was more than good enough for me.
QUOTE ('tasti man LH')
Well, unless if you're a runner in LA...

Since it was a Horizon contract, he was technically a corporate citizen (he had wondered why his SIN was no longer just a criminal SIN) and his extradition ended up landing him and the rest of the team in LA for a slightly modified version of A Fistful of Credsticks. Good times, all around, actually.
pragma
I was running a one-shot for old friends while I was back in town and an old player, who was on a high horse about taking flaws that meant something, decided to produce a summoner with Spirit Bane (Earth).

The facility the runners are tasked with infiltrating has a basement, so this character decides to summon an earth spirit and task him with burrowing in. The player intended to demonstrate his mastery of fancy verbal footwork by phrasing his request so that the spirit bane couldn't get him.

He said the following, emphasis mine:
"Dig a tunnel which consists of two sections. The first will start here and travel at 45 degrees below the surface of the ground for 10 feet. The second will be directly perpendicular to the ground and proceed for 100 feet."

To his great credit, he took it laughing when the scree lined 45 degree death tube dropped him into his 110 foot grave.
Draco18s
QUOTE (pragma @ Aug 8 2013, 03:20 AM) *
To his great credit, he took it laughing when the scree lined 45 degree death tube dropped him into his 110 foot grave.

Nice.

Reminds me of this trap from a D&D module.
Blastula
I once had a player's physad break into an apartment that he thought a target lived in. Finding nobody home and noticing there was surveillance on the place, he decided to take a crap right in the middle of the target's floor to "send him a message". Turns out he had the wrong apartment.

With the same group of players but on a different run, the team (consisting of a physad, a mage and a face) forms up outside the door of a courier who still has a package that they are trying to get for a Johnson. The physad smashes the door open and the mage decides to be a hero and dashes in through the smashed door. Keep in mind that nobody's actually got any idea of what's on the other side of the door since the mage didn't think to astrally recon the place to see what was in the room. The lightly armored mage blazes into the room and immediately gets dropped by the courier hiding behind the couch with an uzi III.

Though the mage didn't die, the amount of time he spent in recovery did curb his enthusiasm for trying to be the first one through any doorway after that.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Blastula @ Aug 8 2013, 08:07 AM) *
I once had a player's physad break into an apartment that he thought a target lived in. Finding nobody home and noticing there was surveillance on the place, he decided to take a crap right in the middle of the target's floor to "send him a message". Turns out he had the wrong apartment.

With the same group of players but on a different run, the team (consisting of a physad, a mage and a face) forms up outside the door of a courier who still has a package that they are trying to get for a Johnson. The physad smashes the door open and the mage decides to be a hero and dashes in through the smashed door. Keep in mind that nobody's actually got any idea of what's on the other side of the door since the mage didn't think to astrally recon the place to see what was in the room. The lightly armored mage blazes into the room and immediately gets dropped by the courier hiding behind the couch with an uzi III.

Though the mage didn't die, the amount of time he spent in recovery did curb his enthusiasm for trying to be the first one through any doorway after that.

Actually, I'm pretty sure he was always last through after that.

And to my credit... we all broke down laughing for like 5 minutes after my character popped a squat. (He also bent an antenna on the surveillance equipment).
Draco18s
I had a character who got shot up real bad after entering a situation that was more dangerous than he thought it was. To the GM's credit, he was trying to put us on our toes with the details and hinting that we should be a tad careful. But to my character--who had no streetsmarts--kept taking these as "oh, a fight happened" not "there are people with guns here now."
CanRay
The true secret power of Dwarven 'Runners: "Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo."
Sendaz
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 8 2013, 04:20 PM) *
The true secret power of Dwarven 'Runners: "Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo."

I thought it was "Fake a lower run speed so the other suckers go through the door first" ?
tasti man LH
QUOTE (Neko Asakami @ Aug 7 2013, 02:52 PM) *
The stupidest thing I've ever had a player do? Blame a naga. (Spoiler tages because it's really long.)

[ Spoiler ]

I stopped the game there for the night and everyone went home pissed. Needless to say, the naga was quickly retired because of in-character animosity and trust issues, but the rest of the team barely trusted the troll or his player because of this. Eventually the troll's player ended up not being able to play due to real life issues, but no one really misses him.

Been struggling to figure out why the story sounded familiar...

...then I remembered a similar tale that was told several years ago.
Udoshi
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Aug 6 2013, 01:20 PM) *
Techno-Vikings is the soon to be name of my shadowrunner band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAFXayH1bpY

Think someone already beat you to it. With state of the art ares-tech transforming boats.
LordHaHa
Stupidest thing...hmm, I had a non-serious campaign I did at school once. A lot of really stupid stuff happened there. Honestly I didn't have a problem with it since it was all good fun with loose rules.

But my home campaign was a different story. That was pretty tight on rules, although I did fill in some gaps in the SR3 system with a ton of house rules. In any event, I had a few SR vets in my game there, but some were newbies who had a hard time adjusting from D&D. So I decided to work in the Harlequin campaign (modified of course) in order to have a few runs where things were pretty cut and narrow for the new guys, and I thought the old timers would have appreciated the nostalgia kick (although I found out later they had never played it).

Anyway, the incident. Actually there were two incidents that stand out now that I think about it. I'll get to the "drugged-up cyber bear in St. Louis" one later and just go through the Harley one since I already brought it up.

First incident was in the Past module of Harley. They'd gotten to the baron's village in one piece and had actually done a bang up job thus far. So they had got there, and the flavor of the module said that the Baron was a hyper paranoid guy. So I had the village kitted out in surveillance gear. We had a Fuchi corp runner with the team who had background in security systems given his affiliations, so the team had determined this state of affairs fairly quickly. We also had a kitted out Sammie, a well rounded mage, and an assassin (who's player never paid attention to the game and in fact slept through it; this contributed to the state of affairs later].

So they do there legwork, meet up with the underground, and are in the last stages of hashing out their assault on the castle. Before they do this though, they go to a cafe for lunch and to scope out a few locations of interest in town without flagging themselves to the authorities. They were doing it right, and it looked like this run would be a milk run. Until this happened while RPing.

CORP SKAG, to ASSASSIN: "Could you look into getting us a different room at the hostel? I saw some nasty insects crawling around the bathroom earlier."
(RL) ASSASSIN PLAYER: "ZZZZzzzz...."
(RL) CORP PLAYER: "Dude, I just talked to you."
(RL) ASSASSIN PLAYER: "HUHWAZTHAT?"
(RL) CORP PLAYER: "Can I repeat what I just said?"
(RL) ME, THE GM: "Do the time warp again."
CORP SKAG, to ASSASSIN: "Could you look into getting us a different room at the hostel? I saw some nasty insects crawling around the bathroom earlier."
ASSASSIN (player groggy): "What, you mean the cameras?"
(RL) EVERYONE AT TABLE EXCEPT ASSASSIN PLAYER: *laughter, facepalms*
*5 minutes later*
(RL) ME: "I will be unusually nice. I'll just roll 8D6 randomly. Basically if most of them are like 3's or less, I will be nice and let this have a lesser effect than it otherwise would have had."
*rolls 8D6 in full view of everyone, results are many natural 6s, 5s and 4s, with a weighting towards 5s and 6s*
(RL) EVERYONE AT TABLE: *more laughter, screaming*
(RL) ME: [thinking "Well, I guess this is a sign"] "You guys armed? You should be."

Needless to say things went pretty bad. Long story short there was a running gun battle, lots of CQC in the castle proper and the assassin died. They still succeeded with the run though.

EDIT: We still talk about it to this day, the guy playing the Assassin has never lived it down and it has been years now.

LordHaHa
Umidori
I will never understand players who come to games and then don't bother to play.

I mean, how much of an ass do you have to be to fall asleep? Just don't even bother coming to games. One less person to have to plan for.

~Umi
Draco18s
QUOTE (Umidori @ Aug 10 2013, 05:51 PM) *
I mean, how much of an ass do you have to be to fall asleep? Just don't even bother coming to games. One less person to have to plan for.

I had a long day once, showed up with a can of Monster in my hand. Game started around 6pm, as usual.

Still almost fell asleep half way through. Funny part was, several months later a friend of mine was like "that stuff gets you wired! You were bouncing all over the place last time you had one!" and I was like..."Uh...I fell asleep..." "Oh. Right. I remember that now."

Or there was these games I was in that took place over Yahoo voice chat, 10pm till 2am my time. Ignoring the fact that the GM was a bad GM (not in the story telling sense, but in the sense of properly attending to his players), there was one night where I actually did fall asleep, even with my volume up and headphones on. Anyway, last I recalled we were investigating some kind of lake monster. One of the players dived in, everyone else waited on the dock.

I wake up an unknown amount of time later to, "...rising out of the water is some kind of green mass" and I was asked what I do. "I SHOOT THE FUCK OUT OF IT, OH MY GOD, WHAT THE F*CK IS THAT THING!"

Bad news: It was the PC that dived in, covered in sea weed.

Good news: I missed.

Probably the only memorable event I had from those games, because it was totally in character. And probably one of the only times where what my character did was anywhere near important (remember what I said about bad GMing).
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Umidori @ Aug 11 2013, 12:51 AM) *
I will never understand players who come to games and then don't bother to play.

~Umi

Not much.
In my group of buddies, it happened to every last single one of them at least once.
The only reason why it never happened to me is that i can't sleep outside my own bed . .
LordHaHa
QUOTE (Umidori @ Aug 10 2013, 05:51 PM) *

~Umi

I think he was bored with the character at that point, it was his first SR character and I don't think it suited him. Afterwards he went with a shaman and was pretty into it. In retrospect him being asleep at the wheel, so to speak, that one time was the best thing to ever happen to his SR career. On our end, we got a good furball out of it and "karmic retribution" in-game (with the character in question getting a dirtnap), to boot.

Actually we had a fifth player there now that I think about it, I think it was his only game. I think we left his character in the village actually, he just sat at the cafe eating crepes while all hell was breaking loose, last we ever saw of him.

LordHaHa
Umidori
It's one thing if you show up to the game tired out from life and fall asleep because you're just not able to stay awake. That's entirely understandable.

It's another thing if you're just fucking about being bored. If you're not having fun, if you're not interested, say so and we'll write your character out and you can go do something else! Stop wasting our time!

~Umi
LordHaHa
QUOTE (Umidori @ Aug 10 2013, 06:27 PM) *
It's one thing if you show up to the game tired out from life and fall asleep because you're just not able to stay awake. That's entirely understandable.

It's another thing if you're just fucking about being bored. If you're not having fun, if you're not interested, say so and we'll write your character out and you can go do something else! Stop wasting our time!

~Umi

Hey, guy worked hard during the day too, probably had something to do with it.

From what I could observe, it wasn't a major issue in our own runs since we had so much content when we hooked up for a session that really a single people could probably have carried a session on their own almost (not that we ever needed to, though). Can't say I was personally happy when it happened of course, but the guy was fine OOC and it eventually stopped altogether after Past played out, so outside of a tease over that run it's not even water under the bridge half a decade-plus later.

I have a bigger problem honestly with players who actively try to take over the game hard core to the detriment of everyone else. But that's a whole-nother level beyond "players being stupid", even though it is in the strict sense stupid as well.

LordHaHa
Shortstraw
QUOTE (Umidori @ Aug 11 2013, 09:27 AM) *

~Umi

Maybe it was time to hack something and he figured he had a few hours....
Stahlseele
funniest thing i remember in that regard:
buddy of mine had been sleeping for quite some time at a game already.
he knew that there would be no pardon for his character in the meantime.
his character wasn't that important most of the time, so no big impact.
so, combat happened . . everything went mostly smooth for us, despite . .
maybe even because of him sleeping through most of it while his character
for a change did not do something that would be cool but ultimately stupid.
the character stayed in cover and the GM rolled for pot shots from time to
time. and then hillarity happened in the form of the grenade scatter rules!
so, GM starty calculating gets big eyes, double checks and then declares:
"and Character takes 16D Damage!" Everybody makes big eyes suddenly.
not because of the damage taken by the character, but because my buddy
suddenly stood wide awake on the couch he had been sleeping on roaring:
"16D DAMAGE?!" Somehow, that part seems to have gone through to him ^^
CanRay
"I back-up." "OK, Sledge (Troll Tank) gets driven into the electric fence. Again." "It's OK, I get almost half my armor this time." (Poor Sledge, he took four rounds total damage from that electric fence.).
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Blastula @ Aug 8 2013, 11:07 AM) *

I find it doesn't pay to screw with people in petty ways. I mean, unless that's what Mr. Johnson is paying you for, of course. But the amount of trouble it can get you into versus the amount of satisfaction and profit there is to be had from it just isn't worth it. (Again, unless Mr. Johnson is bankrolling your pettiness.)

I mean, if you're being paid to break into someone's apartment and leave a gigantic deuce on the floor, and you're hard-up enough for the cash/enough of a jackass not to walk on the Johnson the moment he mentions feces, by all means do so, just don't use your own shtako, 'cause that literal shit is a gigantic pile of material link. (Unless you have the geneware that makes it degrade almost instantly, of course.)

But in general, it doesn't pay. See upthread: the AI who turned what I originally planned as a truckjacking from a well-planned (by the players) a sneak'n'hack into a journey by sea up the pacific coast, because she decided to fuck with someone she had no beef with in a stupidly petty way.

I bet the normal meat shield point man was happy to have the mage play tank for a change. Also, in the future, sending in a trid phantasm to scout might be a good idea.

QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Aug 8 2013, 03:24 PM) *
And to my credit... we all broke down laughing for like 5 minutes after my character popped a squat. (He also bent an antenna on the surveillance equipment).

You have to be some kind of strange person to be capable of popping a squat anywhere but a toilet, let alone in someone else's living room.

Anyway, does it count if the stupid player trick worked? Because if so, I pulled off a stupid player trick today: My Goblin Rogue (5th level) talked a Young Black Dragon who was going door-to-door in a town we inhabit, trying to extort gold from the good townsfolk, into putting on a Helm of Opposite Alignment and voluntarily failing his saving throw.

And. It. Worked.

I told him his problem getting wealth was due in large part to his temper, and how putting on the helm, taking a deep breath and letting it work its mojo on him would make him calmer, more able to cooperate with others, and hence, more able to amass wealth. I made a convincing argument, because he did it.
toturi
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Aug 11 2013, 09:53 AM) *
Anyway, does it count if the stupid player trick worked? Because if so, I pulled off a stupid player trick today: My Goblin Rogue (5th level) talked a Young Black Dragon who was going door-to-door in a town we inhabit, trying to extort gold from the good townsfolk, into putting on a Helm of Opposite Alignment and voluntarily failing his saving throw.

And. It. Worked.

I told him his problem getting wealth was due in large part to his temper, and how putting on the helm, taking a deep breath and letting it work its mojo on him would make him calmer, more able to cooperate with others, and hence, more able to amass wealth. I made a convincing argument, because he did it.

What works isn't stupid. What doesn't is.

The problem is when the GM thinks it is stupid and shouldn't work while the player thinks it isn't and should.
Shortstraw
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Aug 11 2013, 11:53 AM) *
You have to be some kind of strange person to be capable of popping a squat anywhere but a toilet, let alone in someone else's living room.

Hey! No personal attacks! nyahnyah.gif
tasti man LH
On that note of players taking unconventional methods of solving a problem...

The PCs were trying to get information from a local arms dealers on some guns he recently sold to some TerraFirst! activists that they were tracking. For whatever reason, the group's face decided that he didn't want to come along (I forget why, it might've been he was doing his own legwork on his own or he wanted to get drunk [the PC, not the player]). And the problem being that out of the PCs that went to the arms dealer, none of them took any Influence skills (although one of them was a Dryad and could probably make do with her Glamour-boosted Charisma defaulted, but w.e.).

Their solution to getting him to cough up the information? By having the female dryad street sam exchange sexual favors with him.

Yes, they didn't bother trying their luck with defaulted Charisma (it should be noted that at the time the players didn't really understand how Edge worked, so they didn't go that route). They didn't try to bribe him. They went for this instead. Well, as GM, I was stunned enough that they even considered that direction, as was the arms dealer, so that might've been why he ended up going along with.

...ok, there were a couple of contributing factors in this situation as to why this happened:

-The group's Shinto priest had an axe to grind with the sam, since earlier the sam had pulled a prank on her that ended with her in an embarrassing situation in full view of downtown Seattle. And it was mostly the priest that was heading the..."negotiations".

-Also, street sam was in a bit debt to the other PCs, due to essentially getting loan from them just so she could get her Wires. So the priest hung the debt over her head.

They did promise they wouldn't do that again, as I did tell them that they were technically worming their way out of doing a conventional Influence check, but they did get credit for surprising the GM.
ZeroSpace
My story here was from a SR3 game that I had been running for about a month at the time, although I had been with that particular group for a while longer. I was running them through the Bottled Demon adventure, and things had been going well until we got to the junkyard. Specifically, when a large-scale Lone Star HTR team shows up to collar Blood/Night/BlackWing, an elven hitman who is one of the antagonists of the plot.

Anyways, the point being that Lone Star had gone all-in on this raid. Citymasters filled officers decked out in Security armour, magical oversight via mages and spirits, and even several choppers in the air. Two of the team, a human adept specced for unarmed and bow-sniping, and an elven sniper, had already hidden themselves before negotiations went underway. The other two runners, a pair of brawny trolls, one possessing an actual SIN, were playing obvious bodyguards for the Johnson. When the excrement hit the ventilator, the adept decided he was going to shoot at one of the helicopters. question.gif This resulted in a glancing blow, and since the PC was already hidden, I ruled that the crew onboard mistook it for a bird hitting them or something. One of the trolls, not the one with the SIN, decided that this was a really good idea, and fired a shot from his own bow at the chopper. This was more successful for three reasons. First, he had what amounted to a smart gun adapter for the bow. Second, being a troll, the Str rating on the bow was much higher than the adepts bow, being a human. Third, the troll had a Ranger-X bow, whereas the adept had a generic bow. This resulted in the chopper taking a Serious hit.

At this point, I decided to break out the Consequences. Specifically, the chopper went down, and exploded. And the other 5 or so choppers had this on camera. The group was ultimately able to escape since I felt that, orders or no, the Star officers were more concerned with helping their comrades than grabbing the perps. When I later asked the two players what they were thinking, the trolls player said something to the extent of 'the adept did it', while the adept said that he thought there was only one chopper. Unfortunately for the team, and 3 officers on that chopper died.

And ultimately, despite the adept being the instigator here, the adepts player proved to be more logical. When Mr. Wing offers them 60k in cash, no questions asked, despite it being obvious this is likely the only pay they will receive for this epic CF, the above troll (Crazy Troll, I dub him) decides to take him hostage and ransom him back to Lone Star for immunity. By this point, Crazy Troll has taken 9 boxes of damage, putting him 1 away from being in overflow, and the groups attempts at first aid have failed. And he feels the need to continue dicking around with the elf.

I ended up just canning that campaign completely, with fresh character all round, as the adept ended up selling out both Mr. Wing and the rest of his team, and left Seattle entirely. I didn't have the heart (or did, who knows) needed to tell Crazy Troll's player that despite all his efforts, Mr. Wing got off scot-free due to being a Tir Tairgire diplomat, and thus already possessing immunity.

And for reference, this was what came from Crazy Trolls player as his replacement.
Vegetaman
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 10 2013, 07:34 PM) *
"I back-up." "OK, Sledge (Troll Tank) gets driven into the electric fence. Again." "It's OK, I get almost half my armor this time." (Poor Sledge, he took four rounds total damage from that electric fence.).

Do you manage to coax your players into this hilarity, or do they completely bring it on themselves? rotfl.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Vegetaman @ Aug 11 2013, 03:20 PM) *
Do you manage to coax your players into this hilarity, or do they completely bring it on themselves? rotfl.gif
As I've told my group a few times, "I could give you a mission where you go get a can of soup and you'd entertain me for hours!"

Then again, I sent them after Jiffy-Pop once.
Draco18s
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 12 2013, 02:35 PM) *
As I've told my group a few times, "I could give you a mission where you go get a can of soup and you'd entertain me for hours!"

A friend of mine had a Paranoia mission he could run that supports up to 256 troubleshooters.

"Escort this VIP down this hallway."
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Aug 12 2013, 03:41 PM) *
A friend of mine had a Paranoia mission he could run that supports up to 256 troubleshooters.

"Escort this VIP down this hallway."

The hallway had precisely 256 combat-grid spaces, I take it, and thus with the VIP needing to occupy one, someone has to go (die) to make room, amirite?
Draco18s
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Aug 12 2013, 02:43 PM) *
The hallway had precisely 256 combat-grid spaces, I take it, and thus with the VIP needing to occupy one, someone has to go (die) to make room, amirite?

No, I think it was on the order of "the floor tiles change color at random" kind of deal. And automated treason-detection-and-execution turrets.

Essentially you had to make a line of bodies down the hall.

All I know is:
That came up once and Jim may have extended the idea to support "as many people as could reasonably fit in a (large) room."
I'm not actually sure, though. I never played that particular mission.

Edit:
Note:
The mission supported "up to 256 troubleshooters."
Vegetaman
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 12 2013, 01:35 PM) *

Well... In their defense, it *may* have been Dunkelzahn's Jiffy-Pop! spin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012