Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Circles of Power Recruitment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Aria
As part of the ongoing 2075 game thread I'm opening up Circles of Power (previously from the 2072 persistent world) and bringing it into the SR5 era. I've got 2 active players but on the off chance that there are others out there who fancy a bit of roleplay (rather than roll play) driven action then please come and join us!

A summary of the game details is duplicated below.

If anyone is interested then either post here or in the 2075 OoC thread!

Circles of Power [Stat Lite/ Sex, money and power games in the UK & Europe]

I am looking for additional players (to join Johnny Awesome & Baron Herbert) who would like to explore characters who are the rich and famous (and above all beautiful!); European nobles on the Grand Tour, offspring of corporate tycoons, sim starlets, high class mobsters and other people of power and influence.

The game will be set in and around Europe, principally in the UK as I know the most about that area. I’ll be using bits from Jet Set, Corp Conspiracy Theories, Clutch of Dragons and whatever my own twisted imagination can conjure up.

The game will run as a series of snapshots rather than trying to string out a traditional ‘run.’ I would like things to be character driven as you each pursue your own agendas (whatever they may be) along with an overarching plot line that will develop with time. The group will be linked by membership of the Ordo Nobilis (someone with more than pseudo Latin may be able to tell me what that should really be?!?), an Old Boys network dedicated to maintaining the status quo.

Players will roughly build a central character who will be the person of power. Whatever you choose you will need to have a stake in the action and a reason to work with (or possibly against?!?) the other players.

Character Gen

Instead of attributes, skills and gear I would like you to spread some points of sphere of influence and resources (see below), pick up a couple of qualities and choose an entourage. Not many D will be rolled as your main character (if any) but if we need to I will probably ask for a combination of two from below and count these as bought hits (or you can roll the equivalent!)

Sphere of Influence: (6 points to spend, max 3, min 0 across these three):
  • Corporate / Media
  • Aristocracy / Magical Society
  • Shadows / Underworld

Resources: (6 points to spend, max 3, min 0 across these three)
  • Mundane
  • Magical
  • Matrix

Contacts:
6x Connection 5 or 6 contacts (probably should be based around your sphere of influence points above). Any number of connection 4 or lower contacts (don’t worry about listing these now but the more information you can give me the better!). You don’t need to determine loyalty, that will be up to me and the background info you give me on each contact.

Qualities:
3 negative and 3 positive, points don’t matter or have to balance as this is more about defining you character than game benefits. The SR4 qualities Fame, Born Rich, Family Name etc are all considered free in addition to these. There is some flexibility in this so ask if you want something!

Gear / Ware / Spells Etc:
Given your positions of power you have access to more or less whatever you want here (essence limits still apply). Obvious combat mods and more extreme ware will have social stigma attached to them, after all, you are mixing with the kinds of people who get others to do their dirty work for them. You get free luxury lifestyles in various locations, this is a chance to go to town on the details of decadent living that most runners can only dimly dream of!

Entourage:
Speaking of dirty work; you will have access to an entourage (1-3 key N/PCs) that will allow you to undertake more dubious activities that you wouldn’t normally get involved in (there will be some opportunities for shadowrunner type activity in the game). Don’t worry, I don’t expect stats for these extras (unless you really want to), a small background write-up will be sufficient and then we will base them on pre-genned characters from the rulebooks or from the forums.
JxJxA
I know I tried and failed with 4e, but I may give this another go with a more comic relief character in place of Tris. Maybe someone more Blackadder-ish or Andy Millman-y... In my stream of consciousness, having a Ricky Gervais-like character with a Stephen Merchant-inspired henchman would be pretty funny... I wonder if incompetent henchmen is a negative trait...
Vegas
Massively tempted to toss my hat (or hair bow) into the ring for this... *contemplates* let me see what I can come up with Aria and I'll let you know for certain.
JxJxA
Ok, yes, I have it! Once I'm not at work, I will explain! XD
JxJxA
Okay, here's the quick pitch:

Lord David Andrew Brent---or "Andy" as his idiot minions are regrettably quick to call him, is a nouveau riche and unfortunately goblinified noble. He's a short, fat Ork with a pug-nosed face and a rather inflated opinion of himself. His right hand elf, Nathan "Noggy" Lamb, is a gangly and bespectacled Elf with quite a lot to say but nothing of much value to offer. Noggy also insists on involving his best friend---a down-on-his-luck Dwarf named Barry Westender---in most of Andy's get-big-quick schemes. Rounding out the bunch with a touch of magic and estrogen is Mab Jacobs, a Scottish Dryad who manages to give Noggy a run for his money when it comes to sheer stupidity.

This is a story about someone who wants to make it big, who might even have the resources, and sees the goal just hanging there, ripe for his fat little hand to pick. Will it be a story of the D-Team getting lucky, or a small little shit getting his well-deserved comeuppance? That's for the dice and roleplay to decide! XD

(tl;dr---Think Extras mixed with Black Adder and Shadowrun!)
ChromeZephyr
I can already see the sparks flying between our respective crews, JxJxA. This will be entertaining, if nothing else. biggrin.gif

And Vegas? DO EEEET. Your LitS stuff has been fantastic.
Vegas
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Sep 4 2013, 12:45 PM) *
And Vegas? DO EEEET. Your LitS stuff has been fantastic.

Gracias. Glad to know someone else has enjoyed LitS besides me wink.gif The wheels are turning in my head.. I have a character I'd love to bring into this game, but I have to tweak her.. hell I have two characters in mind I'd love to play in this style of game...
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Sep 3 2013, 01:21 PM) *
Okay, here's the quick pitch:

Lord David Andrew Brent---or "Andy" as his idiot minions are regrettably quick to call him, is a nouveau riche and unfortunately goblinified noble. He's a short, fat Ork with a pug-nosed face and a rather inflated opinion of himself. His right hand elf, Nathan "Noggy" Lamb, is a gangly and bespectacled Elf with quite a lot to say but nothing of much value to offer. Noggy also insists on involving his best friend---a down-on-his-luck Dwarf named Barry Westender---in most of Andy's get-big-quick schemes. Rounding out the bunch with a touch of magic and estrogen is Mab Jacobs, a Scottish Dryad who manages to give Noggy a run for his money when it comes to sheer stupidity.

This is a story about someone who wants to make it big, who might even have the resources, and sees the goal just hanging there, ripe for his fat little hand to pick. Will it be a story of the D-Team getting lucky, or a small little shit getting his well-deserved comeuppance? That's for the dice and roleplay to decide! XD

(tl;dr---Think Extras mixed with Black Adder and Shadowrun!)

Well I was thinking more along the lines of Game of Thrones rather than Blackadder when I conceived the game but as long as it's not too slapstick I think a touch of humour would brighten things up? Is it going to be Borris Johnson (Mayor of London) style buffoonery? (ie to conceal a razor sharp mind and throw people off the scent?!?) Looks like Mr Awesome and the Baron will be feeling a bit hard done by at the moment after their efforts to derail the new matrix protocols clearly backfired...So, they won't be in a position to turn their noses up too much biggrin.gif

I've got some ideas for how Ryl will twist you all up in her machinations ork.gif

QUOTE (Vegas @ Sep 4 2013, 07:49 PM) *
Gracias. Glad to know someone else has enjoyed LitS besides me wink.gif The wheels are turning in my head.. I have a character I'd love to bring into this game, but I have to tweak her.. hell I have two characters in mind I'd love to play in this style of game...

Play both if you like biggrin.gif
JxJxA
@ Aria: Yeah, he'll be a buffoon, but a dangerous one. Otherwise, he'd already be dead. biggrin.gif
mister__joshua
@JxJxA: I was reading through the original CoP recruitment thread (to see where all the other players had gone!) and I noticed that Aria suggested that Gemeaux would be a good fit for CoP, and is already kinda tied in with some of the main characters, and it's in England. At the time he was still in the E:PL/UK thread but as that's ended maybe he'd be good to make the switch over?

I just saw also that you've already talked about moving him to a different game, but this one's better nyahnyah.gif
Aria
He would be a definite James Bond addition to the mix (albeit a French one!). Rather than the henchmen/retinue that the others get they could be fellow (subserviant) runners...
mister__joshua
Well I didn't follow E:PL/UK so I don't know the story exactly, but I thought as Lady DeBathayre was mentioned the stories would tie together in some way. Have yo got a quick synopsis of what happened in E:PL?
JxJxA
Would I add Gemeaux Elseworlds style? As in, this is what could have happened? (Or maybe it's clone #2 nyahnyah.gif)
Aria
Doesn't have to be that complicated - I could simply shift the timeline of CoP away from any other timeline where you wanted to play Gemeaux as a 'normal' runner. I had intended that they run at the same time though so whilst I like the idea of seeing Gemeaux as James Bond I understand if you want more direct action for him...
JxJxA
That'd be awesome! I'll play him in CoP as the successful shadowrunner who is entangled with Lady DeBathayre's intriguing affairs, and I'll save Andy & Co. for another game. smile.gif
mister__joshua
That's great. I'd love for us to get a bit hand-on in this latest story. Not regularly, and certainly not on a Shadowrunner level, but we've now got a kick-ass fighter type to complement my face and the Baron's wiz tech. I'm looking forward to taking Johnny Awesome on the journey from an unfocused indulgent wastrel to a bitter vengeance-seeker. Nothing has changed about his personality, but for the first time in decades he may find an actual purpose to occupy his time smile.gif

Could I have a quick synposis of the E:PL storyline? How are Gemeaux and Lady DeBathayre involved?
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Sep 9 2013, 11:44 AM) *
Could I have a quick synposis of the E:PL storyline? How are Gemeaux and Lady DeBathayre involved?

Serendipity, they sort of bumped into each other while transporting a hunted TM across the UK. She helped them out with a wink and a nudge and the promise that she'd be owed a favour! Yep, they did it for an unspecified future favour ork.gif then again beggars can't be choosers!

I'll work with JxJxA to resolve how he ended up as James Bond to your M biggrin.gif

@Vegas: just reading through your concepts now, will get back to you asap!
JxJxA
@ Aria: Well, to be fair, she was a pretty lady and he had an itch to scratch (still does, seeing as he has been left high and dry in Zombieland, USA). I'll have to think about some of those resources. It would be interesting to turn Vivienne into a full-fledged AI...
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 9 2013, 12:53 PM) *
Yep, they did it for an unspecified future favour ork.gif then again beggars can't be choosers!

Were the aware of her.... nature? Are they now? If so that's a hell of a deal to enter into
JxJxA
The exact details of her heritage were revealed at the appropriately dramatic time---i.e., AFTER the deal... nyahnyah.gif
mister__joshua
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Sep 9 2013, 02:37 PM) *
The exact details of her heritage were revealed at the appropriately dramatic time---i.e., AFTER the deal... nyahnyah.gif

Never Deal... ahem. Ah, crap. biggrin.gif

What's Gemeaux's surname? First names are so common.
I do now, for some reason, envisage the three of them pulling off some elaborate scheme flawlessly after several months of legwork and planning. It's the only way I see them working smile.gif
JxJxA
Gemeaux is his running name---French for Gemini, which I thought was appropriate for a clone/backup twin PC. I'll have to come up with a new alias. Most of his SINs used French Revolutionaries as inspiration...not sure the nobles would like it... nyahnyah.gif
mister__joshua
Just thinking, if Gemeaux is joining us, and I created my character during the first phase, this means that Baron Herbert is the only character without a proper sheet. If we are planning on getting involved in some things is it best for him to haver one? Should I convert mine to Sr5 and spend however much karma I had?
Aria
If you want sheets then feel free to create them... you may even need them knowing the spanners that PCs love to throw at things biggrin.gif

That said, you shouldn't need sheets, you get others to do your dirty work for you, the advantage of more money than xxxxx
mister__joshua
If a vendetta is personal you can be damned sure I'm going to settle it face to face (even if I'm not the one pulling the trigger wink.gif)
AStarshipforAnts
Still recruiting for this? I've got a super hacker/decker mob queen who's married into European Nobility.
Lowmoan Spectacular
I am also interested in joining if you're still recruiting.
Aria
Never say no to new characters/players biggrin.gif

Might be interesting getting a mob queen to mix with the others but I'm sure we can come up with something creative ork.gif
AStarshipforAnts
Tuesday ‘Bitesized’ Freeman

Metatype: Human
Height: 5'7''
Weight: 115 lbs

One Sentence Summary: She is a Hackette with Grey and Grey morality who has just replaced her adoptive mother as The Don of a Generic Ethnic Crime Gang, and ended up Wealthy Ever After being Given An Offer She Couldn't Refuse by Lofwyr.

Description:
Tall and leggy, but not in the way of starlets, Tuesday is lean in the way of twentieth-century style icon Audrey Hepburn: like someone who has survived a famine. Of course, it’s still very much stylish to look half-starved. So she’s got that down pat. She has strong cheekbones, and striking hawk-like light brown eyes. Tuesday is not a classically beautiful young girl, but cleans up nicely enough not to be considered too ugly to travel with the beautiful people. At the moment, her hair is a dark green, contrasting with her pale skin. Tuesday is ethnically Filipina. There is a deltaware datajack over her left temple.

Tuesday is far more often seen in exquisitely tailored suits than dresses.

She is obviously new to the glamour and glitz of these circles, and is often astonished at just how much money people are willing to pay for certain necessities, such as gourmet food. There is something ever so off about her, though. Miss Freeman seems unfamiliar with rubbing elbows, and her responses seem almost computer-calculated. In fact, most of her clothing choices also seem more like they were spat out by an algorithm than hand-picked by personal taste. So while she may not be a lady of good breeding, she's able to fake it well enough to deceive all but the most eagle-eyed.

Unlike many members of the 'new money', Tuesday is tight-lipped about her hobbies, interests, job, connections, and background. One thing is very certain about her though, a love of all things tech and Matrix related. If a new gadget is coming out in a few months, odds are she already has three.

If not for her near constant company of Hans Dechant III, one would probably assume that Tuesday was the scion of someone on tour, not someone of importance herself. She has a very young-looking face and few of a woman's charms to speak of, accentuating the fact that she's barely 18.

Attributes
Charisma: 3
Logic: 7 (10)
Intuition: 4
Body: 3
Strength: 2
Agility: 4
Magic: N/A
Essence: 3.94

Augmentations
Deltaware Math SPU
Deltaware Encephalon II
Deltaware Hot Sim Module
Deltaware Cerebral Boosters III
Deltaware Synaptic Boosters III
Deltaware Sleep Regulator
Deltaware Muscle Toner IV

Known Facts
Tuesday does not have citizenship anywhere but in Saeder Krupp. Her citizenship only dates back a few years.

Tuesday is frequently seen in the company of the extremely eligible bachelor Hans Dechant III. Hans seems entirely smitten with the young woman, despite the fact that she is nearly 11 years his junior.

Very few photos or digital records of Tuesday Freeman exist. In fact, it is hard to find any that don’t become quickly corrupted, or just disappear.

Rumors

Tuesday is the secret and/or bastard child of a Saeder Krupp executive. (Common)

Sphere of Influence
Corporate/Media: 2
Aristocracy/Magical Society: 1
Shadows/Underworld: 3

Resources
Mundane: 2
Magical: 1
Matrix: 3

Contacts

Lofwyr
Tuesday is terrified of Lofwyr. Sure he's promised that unless she displeases him he won't kill her family and eat her for dinner. But, can you really trust a dragon? The answer is 'never'. Lofwyr has essentially put Tuesday under retainer as a personal Decker/Matrix nerd, and as a convenient distraction for his trouble-shooter, Hans. Although, no doubt he will replace Tuesday as soon as a better, younger hacker comes along. Whether or not Tuesday is just a convenient pawn for the moment, or something more, remains to be seen. Tuesday does her best to stay out of his business, and tries not to let the idea that she's dealt with a dragon keep her up at night. After all, if Lofwyr orders her death, she'll never see it coming.

Hans Dechant III
Grandson of the Austrian media Sim founder and scion of Austrian nobility, Hans comes from an extremely good background. Hans joined the military soon after graduating high school, and was shortly after acquired by the Great Dragon Lofwyr as a literal trouble-shooter. After living a very James Bond life, he found the glitzy life of the rich and beautiful rather boring in comparison. Shortly after Tuesday was brought into retainer, Hans was assigned to her as a handler. He knew Tuesday was something special when he was given a hard-copy file on her instead of a digital one. One incident with bug spirits later, and Hans felt a few stirrings of affection for the young woman. He currently has Wife Husbandry plans for Tuesday.

Seven
Seven is an AI that emerged from one of Tuesday's agent programs. Tuesday never turned him in during the technomancer and AI scare, which earned her something not unlike gratitude. He's part of the reason that Tuesday's criminal record isn't intact on the Matrix. While Seven is a busy AI, he does occasionally make time for his 'mother' programmer.

Ryl
???

Entourage

Dr. Avery Swift
A no-nonsense dwarf in his mid forties with dark brown hair and beard. He is often seen wearing cashmere sweaters and a brown suit, toting around a leather medical bag full of diagnostic instruments. Dr. Swift is Tuesday's primary care physician, nutritionist, personal trainer, and one of few doctors willing to put up with a patient with a rap sheet as long as Tuesday's. Doc Swift is primarily there to make sure Tuesday doesn't attempt to preform cyberware surgery on herself or attempt to install experimental modifications. He takes his job very seriously, and often has to remind Tuesday not to personally take care of security breaches or generally act like a criminal.

Miss Lesley Norris
Secretary, Face, and first line of defense. 'Lesley' is an athletic looking elf woman with auburn hair pulled back from her face into a bun. She has a pretty face and a disarming smile, but is also a rather efficient body guard. Miss Norris does derive enjoyment from stomping the riff raff with her brand-name stiletto heels. Her loyalty to Tuesday is near fanatical, although she has the charm and subtlety to keep that hidden. So poised and elegant, people often comment that Tuesday and Lesley's relationship seems the opposite of what it should be. After all, wouldn't Lesley make a better lady than Tuesday?

Qualities

Moderate Media Junkie -10
Day Job 2 -10
SINner -5
Dependents 2 -10

Photographic Memory 10
Exceptional Attribute (Logic) 20 (Yes, her augmented Logic is 10)
Erased 5

20 Questions

Background
1.Where and in what kind of environment did your character grow up?
Tuesday was raised in an abandoned apartment complex in the Redmond Barrens of Seattle, WA. There, she lived with her adoptive mother, her biological cousin, a huge troll named 'Modular' Moira Freeman and her absurdly large brood of adopted ork and troll children. She fought for every scrap of food available, later acting as a courier for organ leggers and a very suspicious elven doctor.

2. What are your character’s relations with their family? (Does your character keep in touch? Where are they now?)
Several years ago, Tuesday succeeded her mother as matriarch of the Family, which had been organized into a Generic Ethnic Crime Family. Under Tuesday's guidance, they have cornered the market in black market fruits and vegetables, of all things, and are growing steadily richer. She keeps in regular contact with her family via the Matrix. Given just how good she is at hacking, she's almost a Big Brother like presence in the crime family. Although, Moira can still get away with pulling Tuesday's ear and berating her like a child.

Appearance
4. What does your character look like?
She looks like a recovering famine survivor, which she pretty much is. Tuesday is a flat chested string bean with spiked, unnaturally colored hair and hawk like honey brown eyes. She has a datajack over one temple, and long limbs. At 5'7'' she is a little taller than average, but not by much.

5. What does your character dress like?
For the longest time, Tuesday wore cast off shirts with holes in them and jeans about five sizes too big for her. Now she has graduated to designer European business suits and, on rare occasion, cocktail dresses.

6. What are your character’s physical quirks?
Some have described her eyes as 'like a stray dog's'. She looks perpetually bored, but ready to bite anyone who gets just a little too close.

Skills, attributes, resources

7. What did your character always want to be? (How did they go about getting this job/position/ability/image? Did they succeed?)
Tuesday's only real ambitions was to stay off the street corners and devour as much Matrix knowledge as possible. During her stint as a shadowrunner, she bought and sold nukes, turned her stalker into a fine atomic paste, and shot an insect queen with a gauss rifle. Now she's looking forward to settling down as a mob queenpin. But, the Christmas cards from Lofwyr don't stop. She fears for her life.

8. Where and how did your character learn their Active and Knowledge Skills?
Moira Freeman was serious about Tuesday's education. But, not in the way you'd think. No, Tuesday was privately tutored by shadowrunners her entire life with the express purpose of turning her into some sort of monster, and it worked. She learned to read herself in her spare time, and picked up a few other languages, and Cello playing, out of boredom.

9. Where and how did your character get their major equipment and ‘ware?
The hacker's first comlink was pried out of a dead hacker's skull when she was thirteen. She's upgraded since, several times, eventually to Deltaware after being acquired by a Great Dragon. She's got a private jet that she stole from a South American Arms dealer, and her clothing money tends to come from hacked Yakuza slush funds. As for the rest, you get the idea of where she gets her things: other criminals.

10.Where and in what kind of place does your character currently live?
Tuesday keeps a luxury apartment in downtown Seattle. But, has been living out of five star hotels in Europe. She also keeps several street-level bolt holes in Germany and the UCAS. Just in case she needs to pretend to be dead for a while.

11. Who are your character’s enemies? (How did they become your character’s enemies?)
Shigure Inoue - Deceased
A Yakuza lieutenant that Tuesday embarrassed in front of his superiors. To be fair, he kidnapped her and tried to turn her into a bunraku puppet first, but decided to kill her after he discovered there was just no more room for cyber in her head. Tuesday killed his brother, then him, and still has his right hand incased in Plexiglas as a Christmas tree ornament in the main Family office.

'Dewey' - Deceased
Tuesday's best friend turned hacker rival turned brain-in-a-jar, turned fine atomic paste. He hacked Tuesday's brain and tried to force her to love him using psychotropic IC. It didn't work.

12. For Awakened characters, how did your character learn their magic? For non-Awakened characters, how does your character feel about magic?
Tuesday does not understand magic, and doesn't really care for it. She refers to everything Awakened as 'Magic Crap' and has general trust issues with mages.

Personality
14. What are your character’s personality quirks?
She has a tendency to say 'what', but without the rising intonation that would indicate a question. She also must must must have at least three of the latest gadget. This is because she tends to rip things apart, and make them...better.

15. What are your character’s likes and dislikes?
She hates the yakuza, and traditional Japanese culture in general. But, she loves anything sweet or tech-related.

16. What is your character’s moral code?
Tuesday believes that all living things were created equal, and the same goes for technomancers and AIs. She's one of few people she knows that actively keeps a network of both and offers a safe place to stay for both. Although, it does come with a price. She gives only one warning before trouble-shooting her problems in a very literal way, sometimes not even one warning.

17. Does your character have personal beliefs?
She separates civilians from criminals, but that's about it. She doesn't believe in animal cruelty, but does believe in 'augmented interrogation'.

18. What are your character’s personal motivations?
Most anything can be traced back to Tuesday's easily bored nature, and an attempt to keep interested in the world.
JxJxA
Okay, here is CoP Gemeaux

Name: Damien Eloy (probably doesn't tell people this one)
Alias: Lazare de Coulomb (an ode to Carnot and de Coulomb to scratch my science nerd itch and to stick with the French Revolutionary theme)
Running Name: Gemeaux

One-Sentence Summary: (Warning, TVTrope Links ahead)

A well-adjusted clone on the run from the big bad evil incorporated that is scrambling to recover their prodigal spare asset, all the while trying to find an answer to the big question.

Description:

Lazare is a 30-something Human male who perfectly embodies the classic tall, dark, and handsome mold. His hair is dark brown and wavy, cut medium length in the current French coiffure. His skin is slightly olive, with dark brown eyes set deeply on a severe face with high cheekbones. He has a lean, wiry build, and a slight swagger in his step. The one flaw in his physical appearance is a slightly offset nose---likely the result of having broken it once and not getting it set properly.

His attitude matches his appearance. He is suave and sophisticated, but can counter a barb deftly with a biting edge of sarcasm. He is a shameless flirt with women, and a notorious show-off when among other men.

Despite the old guard nature of his new circle of "friends", Lazare shows all the telltale signs of one of the nouveau riche. Basically, he has no idea how to use his newfound wealth. He dresses in only the sharpest, latest fashion. His food is almost always shipped in from Marseilles. He flaunts his promiscuously, and lavishes gifts upon his flavor of the hour.

He seems at first shallow and flippant, but the glimmer of pain that lurks deep in his eyes offers a different story. The materialism may simply be a bandage for a festering wound. He looks like someone who is searching for something he lost long ago... (Don't worry, I won't force wangst into the story line nyahnyah.gif.)

Sphere of Influence:

Corporate / Media: 2
Aristocracy / Magical Society: 1
Shadows / Underworld: 3

Resources:

Mundane: 3
Matrix: 2

Contacts:
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities and Gear:

For now, I'll base it on Gemeaux's char sheet.

Entourage:

(work in progress)

Aria
QUOTE (AStarshipforAnts @ Sep 14 2013, 02:44 AM) *
Tuesday ‘Bitesized’ Freeman

Well you are going to love meeting Ryl, who works for Celedyr, and is a drake herself lol...talk about frying pans and fires ork.gif
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Sep 16 2013, 02:23 AM) *
Okay, here is CoP Gemeaux
Good stuff! Ryl will have extended her network to help you set up...oh, and Argent has returned to France so you can count her as a Nobility contact too!

@All: I'm working on an initial 2075 IC starter post now, just need to decide between a couple of metagame options to add to what I hope will be a character driven game! Hope to get it up by the end of the week...

Once it's up we can move the OoC to the master thread and I will post up your character sheet links there too!
JxJxA
Ack, how could I forget about Argent??? ^_^

Sounds good to me, and I'll keep plugging away at details. Need to figure out my circle of cronies... nyahnyah.gif
mister__joshua
Do we all now get Ryl as a contact?
Vegas
I hate to do this Aria, but I think I'm going to have to pull my hat out of the ring for now. I've got too much on my plate to take on another game :\
BestTeaMaker
NAME
[ Spoiler ]

ALIAS
Freija

METATYPE
Elf

SUMMARY
A young genius mechanic/inventor and street racer who is granted the freedom to travel openly on the promise that she NEVER reveals her strange abilities.

Despite being rarely seen in public, she is an absolutely gorgeous young woman of Icelandic stock. This young 25-year-old beauty stands at a good 5'9", her flowing blonde hair neatly encompassing her slim, pale figure. Yet, despite all her beauty, shes has rather rough and brash movements not even her mother could fix. This attitude was developed through her years sneaking out of her mansion to partake in many street races with her highly customized cars and bikes that she worked on herself. Her eyes are also a glittering green, and yet they seem to move with surprising alacrity, as if she is actively watching data go by.

In fact, much about her is a mystery. The public knows that her genius has brought Erinsson Motors, her father's company, to amazing heights with top-of-the-range technology and improvements. They also know that she is an avid street racer, often entangling herself with many gangs and other underworld figures as her betting figures go beyond seven digits. And yet, nothing about her can be found on the matrix. No private life, no official public appearances, no nothing. It's as if someone is deliberately removing her information, as if someone was protecting her.

[ Spoiler ]

Spheres of Influence
Corporate/Media: 3
Aristocracy/Magical Society: 1
Shadows/Underworld: 2

Resources
Mundance: 2
Matrix: 3

Contacts
WIP

Qualities
Juryrigger
Codeslinger (Control Device)
Analytical Mind
Insomnia
Weak Immune System
Low Pain Tolerance

Entourage

Jonathan Ericsson
Jonathan Ericsson is the butler/mentor of Freija. He can be described more as Freija's father figure as her own parents are rather distant with her. He has taught Freija the basics of engineering and automotive mechanics, watching her own natural talent bloom in pride. He is fiercely protective of Freija, but understands her want for freedom and accompanies her on her racing excusions. In a past life, he was once a skilled adept martial artist, but he retired from the shadows to take up a life of servitude. Coincidentally, his retirement coincided with Freija's own birth.

Nicholas "Nicky" Velichi and Michael "Mickey" Velichi
Nicky and Mickey are an odd pair. They say they are brothers, but it can be clearly seen that Nicky is human and Mickey is dwarven. Yet, despite their disparate genes, they are much closer than genetically related brothers. Often they get into petty arguments over small things and do have a competitive streak with each other. They were hired into the Erinsson household as Freija's assistants after she resoundly defeated them both in a high-stakes race in Italy. Other than being brilliant drivers, they also are a team, with Nicky serving as the sniper and Mickey as the spotter.
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Sep 18 2013, 07:48 PM) *
Do we all now get Ryl as a contact?

Yep biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Vegas @ Sep 19 2013, 01:49 AM) *
I hate to do this Aria, but I think I'm going to have to pull my hat out of the ring for now. I've got too much on my plate to take on another game :\

Ok, no problem. Recruitment will always stay open so if you want to drop back in anytime then feel free!
Aria
Hopefully you've seen but the IC is up, I've left it vague as to who is there and who is arriving shortly so that you can make introductions as you see fit.

Basic premise of the introductory meeting is that Ryl wants Awesome and the Baron to sponsor some new members to the Ordo Nobillis (surprisingly she's not a member herself! nyahnyah.gif) ... so Freija & Tuesday that would be you...
AStarshipforAnts
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 20 2013, 07:57 AM) *
Hopefully you've seen but the IC is up, I've left it vague as to who is there and who is arriving shortly so that you can make introductions as you see fit.

Basic premise of the introductory meeting is that Ryl wants Awesome and the Baron to sponsor some new members to the Ordo Nobillis (surprisingly she's not a member herself! nyahnyah.gif) ... so Freija & Tuesday that would be you...

Are we currently at the cafe, too? Or are non-members somewhere else?
Aria
Whichever is easier for you! You've certainly been invited to this little soirée!
BestTeaMaker
Are we using this as the OOC thread?
JxJxA
Any chance Gemeaux is at the meet as Ryl's inconspicuous muscle?

Oh, and is she the same woman/drake Gemeaux first met?
Aria
QUOTE (BestTeaMaker @ Sep 21 2013, 02:24 AM) *
Are we using this as the OOC thread?

Nope <<this>> is the OoC biggrin.gif
mister__joshua
There's NO WAY the 2 character I'm supposed to sponsor for Ordo membership are attractive young women. That's going to be a real problem for me biggrin.gif

WARNING: My character may be about to say something inappropriate!
ChromeZephyr
May? If it wasn't inappropriate I'd be concerned that Johnny was ill. biggrin.gif
AStarshipforAnts
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Sep 23 2013, 10:30 AM) *
There's NO WAY the 2 character I'm supposed to sponsor for Ordo membership are attractive young women. That's going to be a real problem for me biggrin.gif

WARNING: My character may be about to say something inappropriate!

One's only attractive if you like 'em reeeeeal skinny. Just wait for the other shoe to drop.
Aria
Just bumping this so I can link it properly - IC coming up!
Always Overkill
Interesting concept, I would be interested in joining in but I am not sure I know the history of the Sixth World well enough since 4th ed came out (roughly the last 10-15 years before 2075) to play such a well-connected character.

I think I actually have an intriguing concept for this game though, with a bit of guidance I could probably pull it off.
Always Overkill
General Genry Seigfried von Tresckow
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 215 lbs
Hair: Salt and Pepper Grey
Eyes: Blue

Character Details:
[ Spoiler ]

Background:
[ Spoiler ]

Main Asset:
[ Spoiler ]

General Staff:
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts:
[ Spoiler ]

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]
Always Overkill
Still picking at my intro, bit of writer's block to get past. Should be today or tomorrow, Sorry for the delay.

Reading over the posts, the date seems to inexplicably jump from the 18th to the 20th in the middle of the evening. Was there a reason for this I am missing?
Aria
Just moving things along, the restaurant seemed to stall a bit so I shoved them into another situation nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012