Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Circles of Power Recruitment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Always Overkill
I wanted to make an actual sheet for Tresckow, I know it won't see much use in CoP, but I would like to have it just for reference.

Should I use the Prime Runner rules where you choose priority A twice and no E? (He is a mundane so you wont have to worry about any crazy magical power)

Obviously money isn't an issue.
Aria
No problem with that. Prime Runner seems appropriate. On the off chance you want to use him in another game in the future I suggest it would be worth spending something on resources, even if it isn't an issue in CoP biggrin.gif
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 28 2014, 08:02 AM) *
No problem with that. Prime Runner seems appropriate. On the off chance you want to use him in another game in the future I suggest it would be worth spending something on resources, even if it isn't an issue in CoP biggrin.gif

Don't worry, I wont chuck my lowest priority into resources, and will try to keep him within reason and playability.
Always Overkill
@Aria

Regarding the sheet I am make for General Tresckow, is the skill limit at creation any higher as a Prime Runner? Seems like there would be but I cannot find it in the rules.
Aria
I agree there probably should be but RAW isn't specific. Let's say skill 8 max...still leaves you something to work on before becoming best of the best biggrin.gif
Always Overkill
8 sounds perfect; its what I would would have suggested
justkelly
Edit: 05/31/14

Nica Lu
[ Spoiler ]

Sphere of Influence and Resources
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Gear / Ware / Spells Etc
[ Spoiler ]

Entourage
[ Spoiler ]
Always Overkill
Good start, looking forward to learning more.
justkelly
I've updated my character details above: Nica Lu

Not exactly sure how to insert her into game, if at all, so let me know what you think. Feedback is definitely wanted.
Always Overkill
@justkelly: Can't be quite sure how Aria wants to introduce you to the scene, if you are friends with Lady deBathyre it gets you an easy in.

Also I wanted to ask if you would still like to have a background link to Tresckow, perhaps something as simple as Tresckow and your Mother being allies, in which case she may have sent you to him to help introduce you to the hermetic Mages of Germany, which are second to only the Czech Republic in offering the Sixth World's best training and research in the fields of hermetic magic.
Aria
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 9 2014, 01:31 PM) *
@justkelly: Can't be quite sure how Aria wants to introduce you to the scene, if you are friends with Lady deBathyre it gets you an easy in.

Also I wanted to ask if you would still like to have a background link to Tresckow, perhaps something as simple as Tresckow and your Mother being allies, in which case she may have sent you to him to help introduce you to the hermetic Mages of Germany, which are second to only the Czech Republic in offering the Sixth World's best training and research in the fields of hermetic magic.

Either works for me! Or even both! Ryl/Lady deBathyre/eTher has friends alllll over the place! In fact she's the one that has contacted Aria/Silk about an apparent attack on a NeoNet facility...wheels and wheels biggrin.gif
justkelly
Mama Lu likely "knows" of all the major magic leaders and their training/education institutes, so can direct Nica as to who to contact for her initiation quest. Those people would definitely span the gamut, crossing Treschow specifically, and all others who could be connected to anything magic.

Basically though Nica won't know any of these people, but will have been directed to them through her grandmother. Could role play Mama Lu's requests of those contacts to bring Nica into the group?
justkelly
Is there something you need me to do to jump into this campaign? I like the idea of roleplaying Mama Lu's introduction/instructions to Nica on her initiation and those she will need to meet, which then leads to Nica joining CoP where ever they are at then...

Aria - are you open to this idea, or perhaps another GM could take this on in the general IC? I've only been in these "shadows" a few months and don't really know enough of the major characters to "wing it" myself. If not, Nica will jump in when ever/however you want...

thanks
JxJxA
@ justkelly: Sorry, Lazare doesn't have any connections to magic stuff. However, if you're stumbling about in the shadows or you're a major player, he'd probably have his eye or AI on you... nyahnyah.gif
Aria
QUOTE (justkelly @ May 14 2014, 02:10 AM) *
Is there something you need me to do to jump into this campaign? I like the idea of roleplaying Mama Lu's introduction/instructions to Nica on her initiation and those she will need to meet, which then leads to Nica joining CoP where ever they are at then...

Aria - are you open to this idea, or perhaps another GM could take this on in the general IC? I've only been in these "shadows" a few months and don't really know enough of the major characters to "wing it" myself. If not, Nica will jump in when ever/however you want...

thanks

Sorry for the delay in replying...CoP is intended to be a freeform game so I will take the lead from you on this one! Post an intro for yourself, discussing an initiation would work. Given that a lot of implausible connections are neatly circumvented by it being 'fated' for you to meet Ryl and the others it would be quite nice to have your spirit mentor prod you in their direction. If you're not comfortable with that then you could have received an enigmatic email from a girl called Summer (welcome to the web!) that asks you to come to a virtual meeting in Seattle in the Citadel node...

I'm also quite prepared for you to be unconnected to the group for a while if you prefer and work you in gently...
justkelly
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 9 2014, 07:31 AM) *

This sounds like a really good idea right now! Mama Lu would definitely have direct connections and knowledge of the players in these organizations.

Your "people" could be advising Nica, through her people of course, to meet you ??? to begin this portion of her studies.
8-bit
Is this still open for recruitment? If so, I think I would love to join.
Aria
QUOTE (8-bit @ Dec 31 2014, 09:12 AM) *
Is this still open for recruitment? If so, I think I would love to join.

I'm going to run a Prime Runner game with the same title over on SG...the dialogue heavy pbp proved to be less than fully successful due to the pace of the game (although it was good while it lasted!). If you want to explore something like the original intent of this game feel free to do so in the general IC...you can still get some GM input but hopefully it won't need to be a back and forth conversation.
mister__joshua
I'd still love to revisit the character at some point. He's great fun biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012