Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OoC] [SR4] What I want to do when I grow up
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Aria
Once I catch up with reading the IC thread I'm sure jumping ahead wil be fine (assuming Hop's been invited)!
Koekepan
QUOTE (Aria @ Oct 28 2013, 04:24 PM) *
Once I catch up with reading the IC thread I'm sure jumping ahead wil be fine (assuming Hop's been invited)!

According to post #42 of the IC thread:

QUOTE (Twitch_) *
Rio goes through the 'Incipient Sociopathic Criminality' list, cross-referencing each name with a photo from the school's public database. Should have pulled disciplinary records while I was in there. Even without the benefit of records, there are some names that can be excluded by reputation alone: Kittenburner, Excrement Guy, a few others. Some of the remaining names have to be considered more carefully, but Rio errs on the side of caution. In her expert opinion (cursory knowledge of Shadowrunner trids), you didn't want more than a small group anyway. Colt she considers, but eventually decides she'd rather have Zoé, and they don't seem to get along.

The remaining handful of names get an unadulterated copy of the list, an explanation of where it came from, and a short message: Meet me in the parking lot of Logger's at 4:00 if you want to be more than this. Rio settles back into her pile of blinkies, pulls up her World of Wonderland window, and waits for the school day to end.

So yes, I'm happy to include Hop in that invitation, while excluding the serial excretionist and the kitten tormentor.

Since you weren't active for the weekend, as you'd said, it seemed like as good a time as any to get Matrix-y with the two budding hackers.
Aria
I've stuck something up...hopefully enough to snag an invite too...
Koekepan
QUOTE (Aria @ Oct 28 2013, 07:31 PM) *
I've stuck something up...hopefully enough to snag an invite too...

As I posted above, you were already invited.

I'm ready to continue whenever you post.
ShadowDragon8685
Rolling for Liara:

General Judge Intentions; Empathy Software rolling alone as a backup, and Lie Detection software + thermographic sensors to sense falsehoods/truth.

CHA + INT: 4 hits
Empathy Software: 1 hit
Lie Detection + Thermographic Sensors: 3 hits
Aria
Er, please ignore Hop's mention of the Public grid, tired and I forgot for a moment that we are still in SR4 nyahnyah.gif

Working on joining you in the IRC...the app was crap, will try the other way when I get a chance!
Twitch_
If you use Firefox, there's an add-on called Chatzilla that's really easy to use.
Ziathra
Testing...
Ziathra
Okay, here is my character. I swear to Dunkelzahn that this is the end!

[ Spoiler ]
Koekepan
Ixchel is approved.
Aria
@Koekepan: it's not exactly canon but the joke Rigger 4 had stats for a hover board...seems like the kind of thing Hop might be in to. I've got a bit of spare character gen nuyen, would you object to me splashing it on that?

Gear / Availability / Cost
Spinrad 720 / 12F / 4000
California Condor / 8R / 2000
Hoverskates / 4 / 500

Similar Brands: Raccoon Rocket, Novatech
Night Thrasher, Renraku Prowler,
Aztechnology Ehecatl, Ares Figure Eights,
Novatech NovaBlasters (for
kids!)

All hoverboards are piloted by an Athletics + Agility Test, needing one net success to use
safely, while additional successes can be used to perform tricks, handle more dangerous
maneuvers, and so on. Hoverboards allow the user to travel at twice their usual walking speed,
similar to skimmer discs (p. 48, Augmentation), while Spinrad-style hoverboards allow for three
times their usual walking speed but are quite dangerous to use (every use starts with one glitch,
similar to the Gremlins disadvantage).
Hoverskates allow the user to move at half again walking speed.
Koekepan
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 4 2013, 03:27 PM) *
@Koekepan: it's not exactly canon but the joke Rigger 4 had stats for a hover board...seems like the kind of thing Hop might be in to. I've got a bit of spare character gen nuyen, would you object to me splashing it on that?

Hover board, hover skates, skimmer discs all are perfectly in character for Hop. All approved, as long as they fit into your budget (ditto things like gecko gloves, of course).
Aria
I had to loose the gas mask and a trauma patch (neither seemed particularly appropriate they were just part of my PACKs setup) and I've squeezed in a Condor Hover Board biggrin.gif
Koekepan
If everyone can tell me where they're going IC, then we can fast forward to there.

If Twitch_ doesn't respond soon, I will take it as read that Rio is quietly conducting personal business with Papa Gotcha, and is not present when people reconvene.
Ziathra
Contingency plans for the evening

Graciana will be wearing her armored clothing. Once she leaves the truck, her survival knife will go on under her jacket. If Graciana is in the truck, the knife is in the glove compartment.

If the truck is currently leaking things, Graciana will make sure she has more of whatever's needed on hand in the back seat.

If Graciana has to park on the street for some reason, she will ask a Watcher to watch the truck and tell her if anyone tries to steal or damage it. If this is the case, Graciana will hustle herself into Zoé's building, mentally prepared to Stunbolt or stab anyone who starts giving her trouble.

If Graciana's mother grounds her, Graciana will astrally project over to Zoé's and manifest there.
Vegas
Daiyu will chill with Zoe until they head over to Zoe's.

SD: I'll toss up posts with you if you want to, or if you're cool with "fast forwarding" to when Koekepan jumps us, I'm cool with that too. I'll have some time tomorrow to spend on DSF if necessary.
ShadowDragon8685
Daiyu: I was going to intro Zoé's doss by having Zoé lead Daiyu into it and show her around, then wait for the others to post their own arrivals. I've basically just been waiting on your go-ahead to do so.

Tossing up posts is fine, too. smile.gif Daiyu's reaction should be good.
Audacity
Right, so here's Tristan:

Vitals
[ Spoiler ]

Attributes
[ Spoiler ]

Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Adept Powers
[ Spoiler ]

Lifestyle
[ Spoiler ]

Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

I can add all the background stuff we've discussed previously, Koekepan, but that's the game mechanic stuff. It should be 300 BP on the button.
Koekepan
Tristan is approved for play. He can pick up in his after school activities.
Aria
QUOTE (Ziathra @ Nov 7 2013, 08:12 PM) *
Contingency plans for the evening

Graciana will be wearing her armored clothing. Once she leaves the truck, her survival knife will go on under her jacket. If Graciana is in the truck, the knife is in the glove compartment.

If the truck is currently leaking things, Graciana will make sure she has more of whatever's needed on hand in the back seat.

If Graciana has to park on the street for some reason, she will ask a Watcher to watch the truck and tell her if anyone tries to steal or damage it. If this is the case, Graciana will hustle herself into Zoé's building, mentally prepared to Stunbolt or stab anyone who starts giving her trouble.

If Graciana's mother grounds her, Graciana will astrally project over to Zoé's and manifest there.

Assuming you're not grounded Hop will take you up on your offer of a lift biggrin.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Audacity @ Nov 8 2013, 08:42 AM) *
Right, so here's Tristan:

Ah good, Hop isn't the 'combat' anymore biggrin.gif
Ziathra
Hop can have a ride, although Graciana won't be all that chatty. Graciana will just have to not tell her mother that she's giving rides to boys. wink.gif
Audacity
Look, I found Tristan's dream girl! biggrin.gif

http://scebiqu.deviantart.com/art/Natasha-Kreskov-63415252
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Audacity @ Nov 11 2013, 09:21 PM) *

She's a big little Soviet, isn't she? nyahnyah.gif

(Zoé would think highly of her, too.)
Happy Noodle Boy
The noodle is here in hopes of joining the madness
Happy Noodle Boy
[ Spoiler ]
Happy Noodle Boy
[ Spoiler ]
Aria
Have we got a google maps location for our gig in Puyallup? Feel free to scribble on our 2072 map (link in the OoC thread somewhere but i can dig it out if you like) if that would help...

Like to get some visuals to work with, even if it then needs verbally updating by 60 odd years and a ton of ash! biggrin.gif
Koekepan
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 12 2013, 04:43 PM) *
Have we got a google maps location for our gig in Puyallup? Feel free to scribble on our 2072 map (link in the OoC thread somewhere but i can dig it out if you like) if that would help...

Like to get some visuals to work with, even if it then needs verbally updating by 60 odd years and a ton of ash! biggrin.gif

Yup, I gave that to ShadowDragon, don't know if any updating of maps was done. Strictly speaking it's not in the hard core barrens, but a little north, in old town Puyallup.
ShadowDragon8685
I'll get a screenie from Google Earth. I located it the very day PG mentioned it and pinned it.

[e]Here you go.

He didn't give it to me. I found it myself. nyahnyah.gif
Happy Noodle Boy
[ Spoiler ]
Happy Noodle Boy
[ Spoiler ]
Koekepan
I like Dare Mo. There's just the right degree of insanity.

However, one question remains: why is he at Southeast Tacoma High, rather than a Renraku school?
Happy Noodle Boy
Todd's father has a bit of back luck lately. seem that during a audit a discrepancy of about six figures was found that a lot of transactions that originated from Todd's father's account.

Eventually he was cleared of charges but not before his career was badly damaged. Todd's Mother took this opportunity to divorce his father and marry a up and coming accountant. After his mother left Seattle with her new husband Todd and his father heard a rumor that the accountant received a six-figured inheritance from a distant relative.

Todd's father's soon found himself "promoted' to a fourth-tier subsidiary of Renraku, the type of company that can be quickly written off by the corporation if the drek hits the fan. Because of the cost to defend himself from the embezzlement charge Todd's father was forced to dip in to his resources (including what Todd's wife didn't take from the saving account). He lost his middle level apartment.

Under corporate rules he was also no longer eligible for health and retirement benefits because the subsidiary was not covered, being considered little more than a "contracted" entity. This also meant that Todd was not eligible to attend corporate school. Todd for his part realizes that is going to have to work harder for any opportunities, but he is no longer under the corporate eye . He hopes this means he a better chance to learn and do things than he would have at a corp school.
Happy Noodle Boy
[ Spoiler ]
Happy Noodle Boy
Current Family Status:
Todd's father is working for Renraku subsidiary working on authorized cheap knock- offs of Renraku electronics products for the discount market. He is working the 11 pm to 8 am shift. He and his fellow shift managers have worked improve the efficiency of the company in hopes the Corporation heads will think their company will be worthy to become a full member of the corporate family. If that fails they hope to attract the attention of another corporation who will buy them out and they can get jobs with full corporate benefits.

Todd's father is in his early forties and the stress has aged him at least a decade. Todd's father hope to at least get back to the middle level he was at so his retirement will consist of more than a substandard medical coffin bed and a overworked medical staff. His schedule means he only really interacts with Todd from 6 pm to 9 pm. Todd's father regrets the problems the situation causes his son and tells him simply do the best you can, don't do drugs and stay out of the gangs. He hopes to be able to help Todd to at least get into a community college.

Home sweet Home
Despite struggling for several years Todd father was forced to settle out his debts and move into more affordable housing last year. While they have adjusted to the loss of some amenities, the one problem that plagues the family is the substandard wiring. While the landlord his upgraded the wiring to prevent an outright fire (after an lawsuits involving a nearby apartment and the death of two families), the electrical situation generally sucks. Todd has had to fix the lighting for the apartment twice.

All of electrical items have double fuses to prevent then from frying or blowing up like the microwave did. the one bright spot is that Todd make a few newyen by helping his neighbors with their electrical problems.
Happy Noodle Boy
[ Spoiler ]
Koekepan
Dare Mo is approved.
Happy Noodle Boy
[ Spoiler ]
Happy Noodle Boy
[ Spoiler ]
Happy Noodle Boy
The Ramen wagon:

The Ramen cart (The Happy Noodle) is at a corner near a bus and/or rail station near a large business park and the school. The cart shares the corner with two other carts selling ethic type food and a cart selling drinks and the most powerful soy-caf in the area (it is also rumored that you can get real coffee).

The property manager has managed to make agreements with the local gang and squatters in the area so any potential problems are kept and a minimum.

In the Morning before school Todd helps with the setup and assisting the vendor during the morning rush. Business-people and students stop by to grab food and drink before they start their day, they will casually gossip on events (A potential information source) before they head out. After school he will help out with the evening exodus.

recently he had to a few opportunity to assist at the restaurant that the cart is based out of. Since his mother left and his father was busy Todd had to learn to cook for himself. working at the restaurant at honed his cooking skills and is now thinking of supplementing his income by providing lunches for his fellow student. Before that he is going to have to talk to some people to see if he can make it happen
Happy Noodle Boy
world's smartest Garbage man
Laurence Fishburne
[ Spoiler ]
Happy Noodle Boy
[ Spoiler ]
RdMarquis
Koekepan, thanks for having me onboard. Here's what I have so far, character wise.

[ Spoiler ]
ShadowDragon8685
Why is someone from the PCC going to a public high school in the UCAS?
RdMarquis
Basically? A Horizon exec willed it. The man in question (I don't have a name yet, but we'll use the initials JW) basically came up with a "script" for Angelo's life that would end with him becoming a shadowrunner serving the company's interests. Following a series of amazing coincidences that left him with his skill set, his hosts revealed that his missing father had a brother living in Seattle. Shane Jensen became Andrew's guardian, and the boy was transferred to the city, where he was intended to make contact with the local shadow scene and make his start. What the company doesn't know is that he's wise to them.

Admittedly, I'm not sure if that SIN is appropriate at this time in game. But he would have had one (or a Horizon corp SIN) at some point.
ShadowDragon8685
Even Horizon can't make the UCAS public education system take a foreign citizen...

What they can do is arrange for him to become a UCAS citizen. So I'd give him a dual (or triple) citizenship: PCC/UCAS and maybe/Horizon.
RdMarquis
Heck, that'll work.
Aria
Finally got round to ordering Hop’s 20 qus. I’ve put them on the google docs sheet but repeated here for those that can’t be bothered to hunt the link down again!
[ Spoiler ]
Koekepan
Angelo should have some kind of knowledge skills, and equipment, right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012