Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lock and Load [SR5] recruitment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Drace
Hey dumpshock! Looking to recruit 4-5 players for a Mercenary PbP game here on the boards that will be part of Aria's 2075 living world. If you have ever wanted to play a troll in combat armour shooting at people with a panther assault cannon while your team mates spray fire, acid and grenades at enemy forces, this game is for you!

This will be an ongoing part of the master 2075 thread and character gen and rewards will be as per that thread…essentially it is normal gen + 1 free GM contact (in this case the PMSC's Chief Operator) with Bulls Errata used, and you earn 1 karma and 2000¥ for every 2 IC posts you make. Aswell every character must take the SINner quality at any level.

Resource House Rules:
[ Spoiler ]

For transportation, there is both an APC(modified city master) and a ares dragon to get the team into hotspots but those are mere transports. If a rigger wants a flying death machine then that will have to come from their pockets.

Game Play Focus:
[ Spoiler ]

Players would have been hired and working together for a few months as part of Bravo Squad, with both Alpha and Bravos team members being hired from wherever they were from previously with the incentive of much higher pay, shares in the company, freedom to preform how they see fit, and the ability to use the corporation to purchase normally military exclusive gear.

So any takers?
Drace
Phoenix PMSC

Creating you peace of mind

Organization:
[ Spoiler ]

Key Personnel:
[ Spoiler ]

History:
[ Spoiler ]

Main OOC for 2075 persistent world

Player List:

JustKelly - Shelby Jackson (gun bunny)
Aria - Requim (street Sam)
Rayanne - Abyssinia (Cat Shaman)
Raiden -
Neural Ronin -

Always Overkill - Clutch (pseudo NPC/rigger)
Aria
Looks like you've already interested two of us in the main OoC...let's hope we can lure in encourage more players from outside the group as well as inside biggrin.gif
Always Overkill
Very Interested in possibly assistant GMing something like this. Could do some campaign development.

PM sent... last night biggrin.gif

also... this could have a possible link to Tresckow and Valkyrie from CoP
Marwynn
I'd be interested if you have any room.
Drace
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Feb 27 2014, 01:57 PM) *
I'd be interested if you have any room.

Welcome aboard! With you, Aria and JustKelly we have 3 players already so room for 2 more!
Rayanne
I would be interested, if you have space. How do I apply for the game.
Drace
QUOTE (Rayanne @ Feb 28 2014, 04:43 PM) *
I would be interested, if you have space. How do I apply for the game.

You just did smile.gif

And yep we have room. Will keep a list of players names and any available spots (one left) for future references. Just make up and post your character smile.gif
Rayanne
Great. I will get to work on a character right now. Does the campaign need a decker?
Drace
Not as of yet, so go for it!
Raiden
any room for one more?
Drace
Yep that's the last spot! Welcome to the game!
justkelly
Feedback welcome...

Character is a female cyber Orc w/gun (Shelby Jackson, AKA Joke, as in I don't take jokes against/on me very well)

Here are her details; a clean sheet with cost breakdown will be attached later. 3 Karma and 1,050 nuyen remaining

Accountability sheet: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?page=view&a...AKu8JyKW5pHc8lg

Meta-B, Attributes-C, Magic-E, Skills-D, Resources A

Body 4(6), Agility 5(7), Reaction 5(7), Strength 3(5), Willpower 4, Logic 3, Intuition 4, Charisma 2, Edge 5

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]
Rayanne
Cool, I should have the character sheet by the end of the day.
Rayanne
I have my character done. I decided to go with a shaman instead of a decker. Sorry if I made any mistakes. This will be the first character I have ever completed.

Name Abyssinia
Concept Cat Shaman
Metatype Elf
Metatype Night One
The Night Ones are a variant of Elves (Homo sapiens nobilis), with a natural coat of short fur on their entire body. The fur color varies from black to orange. Most night ones have dark skin in black, blue purple and brown tones. All Night Ones have a light allergy against sunlight.
The resulting mainly nocturnal lifestyle combined with the usually dark skin/fur color leads to Night Ones being called ""Dark Elves"" in many places (other nicknames include ""Furries"" and ""Plushies"").

Night Ones are naturally found in Europe and the Tir Nations.
Age 16
Sex Female
Height 1.52 m
Weight 63 kg
Nationality German
Fur Color Purple
Hair Color Purple
Eye Color Purple

16 years ago, a night elf baby was discovered on the steps of Frankfurter Dom, a cathedral in city of Frankfurt. Night elves were feared by the local population, so it was assumed that she was abandoned by parents, who did not want deal with the stigma of raising her. Her childhood was spent living in a small orphanage in the poorest sections of Frankfurt. The nuns who ran the place were known for taking in metahuman children, who had nowhere to go. Due to the kind staff, Abyssinia had a fairly comfortable childhood and she was considered family.

One day when she was 14, she awoken to the sounds of an unruly crowd outside, and looked out the window. She saw that members of the policlub Humanis had assembled outside the orphanage. Tensions between the staff, who had been sheltering many metavariants, and the Humanis had been brewing for a long time. Suddenly she heard the sound of breaking glass, and turn to see that someone had thrown a Molotov cocktail into the building. The flames quickly engulfed the room, as staff scrambled to get children, some of them barely walking, out of the building. Moments later the sound of gunfire erupted.

That night, the Matron, who always treated Abyssinia like a daughter told her to flee and get to safety. She rushed out of backdoor of the building and scurried through the alley. The next day, it was reported that the riot and the fire had killed most of the staff and children. Because it was crime against the poor and unwanted, it was quickly forgotten and no one was ever brought to justice.

For the past few years she has wandered the streets and became a talented cat bugler. She was a skilled thief, but life remained hard for her. There were many nights, where she would go to bed hungry. Life was hard for a “Dark Elf,” a term that she grew to hate. One night, she met Cat, her new totem. Spending many nights, communing with her totem spirit, she grew to become proficient with magic. Tired of living on the streets eking out a meager assistance, she vowed to use her skills to make life better for herself

Body 3
Agility 4
Reaction 3
Strength 3
Willpower 5
Logic 3
Intuition 3
Charisma 7
Magic / Res 6
Edge 4
Essence 6
Initiative 6 + 1D6
Astral Initiative 6 + 2D6
Mental Limit 5
Physical Limit 4
Social Limit 9
Physical Condition Boxes 10
Stun Condition Boxes 11

Bilingual -5 Karma
A character with this quality reads, writes, and speaks a second language fluently. They can list a second language as a native tongue (see Language Skills, p. 150). This quality can only be acquired at character creation; selecting it gives the character a second free language skill during Step Five: Purchase Active, Knowledge, and Language Skills, (p. 88)

Low Light Vision (Racial Advantage)

Mentor Spirit (Cat) -5 Karma
"Everyone needs some help in life, even if it comes from someone relatively filmy and insubstantial. Mentor Spirit means the character follows a patron spirit (see Mentor Spirits, p. 320) that guides him in his practice of magic and provides certain advantages and disadvantages to his natural abilities.

Cat is honored in cultures around the world. Cat is often seen as the guardian of mystical secrets, including those involving the afterlife. She certainly knows many secrets but rarely decides to share them, and never with anyone who is not worthy. She is stealthy, sly, and arrogant. Cat toys with her prey—threatening, taunting, and confusing her targets—rather than going directly for the kill.

All: +2 dice to either Infiltration Tests (choose one)
Magician: +2 dice for illusion spells, preparations, and illusion spell rituals

Cat magicians toy with their prey. Unless you succeed in a Charisma + Willpower (3) Test at the start of combat, you cannot make an attack that incapacitates your target. If you take any Physical damage, all this playing around stops. "

Focused Concentration (Rating 3) -12 Karma
A technomancer or magic user with the Focused Con- centration quality has the discipline to manipulate mana or Resonance more precisely than otherwise possible. This precision reduces stress to the magic user’s or technomancer’s body. She is able to sustain one spell/complex form with a force/level equal to her Focused Concentration rating without suffering any penalties

Allergy (Mild Common to Sunlight) +10 Karma
She finds sunlight discomfiting and distracting. Whenever she is exposes to the allergen, apply a –2 dice pool modifier to the her Physical Tests while under the effects of the Allergy.

Active Skills

Spellcasting 5
Summoning 5
Banishing 4
Counterspelling 4
Pistols 4
Blades 2
Sneaking 4
Locksmith 4

Knowledge Skills

English N
German N
Sperethiel 5
Magic Theory 3
Parazoology 4

Spells
Acid Stream
Toxic Wave
Heal
Improved Invisibility
Armor
Swarm
Chaos
Trid Phantasm
Silence
Physical Mask
Antidote
Agony

Gear
Combat Knife ¥300
Ares Predator V /w Laser Sight ¥850
1000 Rounds of Regular Ammo ¥2,000
Erika Elite Commlink ¥2,500
Gold Credstick ¥1,000
Lockpick Set ¥250
MagLock Passkey Rating 1 ¥2,000
Basic DocWagon Contract 1 yr ¥5,000
Fake SIN Rating 1 ¥2,500
Fake SIN Rating 3 ¥7,500
Low Lifestyle (6 Months) ¥12,000
Concelable Holster ¥150
Chameleon suit ¥1,700
Armor Jacket ¥1,000
Biomonitor ¥300
Katana ¥1,000
10 Flash Pack Gernade ¥1,250
Miniwelder ¥250
Carry Over Starting Nuyen ¥5,000

Contacts
Talismonger - Connection 2 - Loyalty 5
Mr. Johnson - Connection 3 - Loyalty 1
Fixer - Connection 3 - Loyalty 2
Bartender - Connection 2 - Loyalty 3

If there is anything, I need to change, let me know.
Rayanne
I have my character done. I decided to go with a shaman instead of a decker. Sorry if I made any mistakes. This will be the first character I have ever completed.

Name Abyssinia
Concept Cat Shaman
Metatype Elf
Metatype Night One
The Night Ones are a variant of Elves (Homo sapiens nobilis), with a natural coat of short fur on their entire body. The fur color varies from black to orange. Most night ones have dark skin in black, blue purple and brown tones. All Night Ones have a light allergy against sunlight.
The resulting mainly nocturnal lifestyle combined with the usually dark skin/fur color leads to Night Ones being called ""Dark Elves"" in many places (other nicknames include ""Furries"" and ""Plushies"").

Night Ones are naturally found in Europe and the Tir Nations.
Age 16
Sex Female
Height 1.52 m
Weight 63 kg
Nationality German
Fur Color Purple
Hair Color Purple
Eye Color Purple

16 years ago, a night elf baby was discovered on the steps of Frankfurter Dom, a cathedral in city of Frankfurt. Night elves were feared by the local population, so it was assumed that she was abandoned by parents, who did not want deal with the stigma of raising her. Her childhood was spent living in a small orphanage in the poorest sections of Frankfurt. The nuns who ran the place were known for taking in metahuman children, who had nowhere to go. Due to the kind staff, Abyssinia had a fairly comfortable childhood and she was considered family.

One day when she was 14, she awoken to the sounds of an unruly crowd outside, and looked out the window. She saw that members of the policlub Humanis had assembled outside the orphanage. Tensions between the staff, who had been sheltering many metavariants, and the Humanis had been brewing for a long time. Suddenly she heard the sound of breaking glass, and turn to see that someone had thrown a Molotov cocktail into the building. The flames quickly engulfed the room, as staff scrambled to get children, some of them barely walking, out of the building. Moments later the sound of gunfire erupted.

That night, the Matron, who always treated Abyssinia like a daughter told her to flee and get to safety. She rushed out of backdoor of the building and scurried through the alley. The next day, it was reported that the riot and the fire had killed most of the staff and children. Because it was crime against the poor and unwanted, it was quickly forgotten and no one was ever brought to justice.

For the past few years she has wandered the streets and became a talented cat bugler. She was a skilled thief, but life remained hard for her. There were many nights, where she would go to bed hungry. Life was hard for a “Dark Elf,” a term that she grew to hate. One night, she met Cat, her new totem. Spending many nights, communing with her totem spirit, she grew to become proficient with magic. Tired of living on the streets eking out a meager assistance, she vowed to use her skills to make life better for herself

Body 3
Agility 4
Reaction 3
Strength 3
Willpower 5
Logic 3
Intuition 3
Charisma 7
Magic / Res 6
Edge 4
Essence 6
Initiative 6 + 1D6
Astral Initiative 6 + 2D6
Mental Limit 5
Physical Limit 4
Social Limit 9
Physical Condition Boxes 10
Stun Condition Boxes 11

Bilingual -5 Karma
A character with this quality reads, writes, and speaks a second language fluently. They can list a second language as a native tongue (see Language Skills, p. 150). This quality can only be acquired at character creation; selecting it gives the character a second free language skill during Step Five: Purchase Active, Knowledge, and Language Skills, (p. 88)

Low Light Vision (Racial Advantage)

Mentor Spirit (Cat) -5 Karma
"Everyone needs some help in life, even if it comes from someone relatively filmy and insubstantial. Mentor Spirit means the character follows a patron spirit (see Mentor Spirits, p. 320) that guides him in his practice of magic and provides certain advantages and disadvantages to his natural abilities.

Cat is honored in cultures around the world. Cat is often seen as the guardian of mystical secrets, including those involving the afterlife. She certainly knows many secrets but rarely decides to share them, and never with anyone who is not worthy. She is stealthy, sly, and arrogant. Cat toys with her prey—threatening, taunting, and confusing her targets—rather than going directly for the kill.

All: +2 dice to either Infiltration Tests (choose one)
Magician: +2 dice for illusion spells, preparations, and illusion spell rituals

Cat magicians toy with their prey. Unless you succeed in a Charisma + Willpower (3) Test at the start of combat, you cannot make an attack that incapacitates your target. If you take any Physical damage, all this playing around stops. "

Focused Concentration (Rating 3) -12 Karma
A technomancer or magic user with the Focused Con- centration quality has the discipline to manipulate mana or Resonance more precisely than otherwise possible. This precision reduces stress to the magic user’s or technomancer’s body. She is able to sustain one spell/complex form with a force/level equal to her Focused Concentration rating without suffering any penalties

Allergy (Mild Common to Sunlight) +10 Karma
She finds sunlight discomfiting and distracting. Whenever she is exposes to the allergen, apply a –2 dice pool modifier to the her Physical Tests while under the effects of the Allergy.

Active Skills

Spellcasting 5
Summoning 5
Banishing 4
Counterspelling 4
Pistols 4
Blades 2
Sneaking 4
Locksmith 4

Knowledge Skills

English N
German N
Sperethiel 5
Magic Theory 3
Parazoology 4

Spells
Acid Stream
Toxic Wave
Heal
Improved Invisibility
Armor
Swarm
Chaos
Trid Phantasm
Silence
Physical Mask
Antidote
Agony

Gear
Combat Knife ¥300
Ares Predator V /w Laser Sight ¥850
1000 Rounds of Regular Ammo ¥2,000
Erika Elite Commlink ¥2,500
Gold Credstick ¥1,000
Lockpick Set ¥250
MagLock Passkey Rating 1 ¥2,000
Basic DocWagon Contract 1 yr ¥5,000
Fake SIN Rating 1 ¥2,500
Fake SIN Rating 3 ¥7,500
Low Lifestyle (6 Months) ¥12,000
Concelable Holster ¥150
Chameleon suit ¥1,700
Armor Jacket ¥1,000
Biomonitor ¥300
Katana ¥1,000
10 Flash Pack Gernade ¥1,250
Miniwelder ¥250
Carry Over Starting Nuyen ¥5,000

Contacts
Talismonger - Connection 2 - Loyalty 5
Mr. Johnson - Connection 3 - Loyalty 1
Fixer - Connection 3 - Loyalty 2
Bartender - Connection 2 - Loyalty 3

If there is anything, I need to change, let me know.
Raiden
considering making a decker.. hmm. though Still new to new matrix rules. will be my 2nd character.
Drace
Haven't had the full chance to read through everything just skim and the like (daddy daughter time on weekends due to long work days during week) but so far am liking it all. Will stay and make sure there aren't any irregularities for the characters, and would also like to remind people about spoilers to keep the wall of texts down

For those of you who don't know [ spoiler ] text you want shrunk/hidden [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces inside the [] ) makes it so this comes up

[ Spoiler ]

Edit:
@Rayanne- You forgot the free gear listed above aswell as the necessary SIN. You don't need to have fake SINs unless you want though, and aswell since this is a merc game, how would the character fit in a Merc Crew? Perhaps she joined up with a private crew in Europe or a larger group as a magical/stealth asset (a military or MET perhaps)

@Raiden- Decker sounds good, it's actually a lot easier than it seems from the first read through. I read it a few times and it's rather simple in some ways. A combat decker would be a great addition too (plus for the most part what your doing is sanctioned military, so legal smile.gif )
Always Overkill
@Drace, Just a thought, but being a German Metahuman, she could have worked with Valkyrie. Once on the street she could have worked a run with some Runners who worked for VTID before and mentioned how much money they made doing a tour of mercenary work. That could have peaked her interest (Special Ops squads need infiltrators) and eventually lead to her taking part a "merc exchange program" between Pheonix and Valkyrie.
Raiden
think I am gonna make a combat mage I think. I don't like the new trix stuff, IDK though, we already have mojo but. I just love fireballs... lol... eh.

I will throw two together and see which I will go with.
Neural Ronin
Mercenary game from the people I've been stalking? Wow. Such awesome. Any chance there's still room?

EDIT: Ah, I did a readthrough of the thread but managed to miss the part where you said it was full. Oh well, have fun! If you decide you want a decker (or anything else), you know where to find me.
Marwynn
Great, it looks like the Magic support is covered.

I was thinking of doing a Combat Rigger of some kind. As mercenaries do we need the traditional roles much or are we better off making soldier types?

EDIT:
And reading the Rigging rules makes my head swim a bit, so I may make a simple "mechanic" combat dude. He'll fix your gear, plant explosives, the "Heavy" as it were.
Rayanne
Cool, I will add the gear to my inventory. I will also keep the spare SINS. You never know.

To answer you question, about why my character is running with a mercenary group;

Abyssinia started as a petty burglar, who would steal to put food on her plate. One day a friend of hers introduced her to a local Mr. Johnson. She took a job with him and started shadowrunning. In her new line of work, she was able to use her magical talents to create a decent life for herself. As time went on, her reputation as a capable shaman grew. One day, Mr. Johnson said that he had a connection with a mercenary organization, that was looking got magic users. She figured that it would be a nice change of pace, better money. But most important, it would be a chance to make an honest living
Drace
Hey all, got the basics of the merc outfit listed above and have a few questions for you all.

@rayanne: Sounds good to me!

@Marwynne: Sounds good to me, for roles there is no need to fill any niche, most characters are going to be mechanized infantry Soldiers first, secondary role (medic, mechanic etc) second in essence. As for your character, from what I understand about rigging is essentially you need a VCR ware and piloting skills for the basics. If you have questions you can always shoot them to me.

@All:
So the questions, I decided I want all the players input on how the outfit runs, so here goes:

1)what should the outfits moral philosophies be in regards to work:
A) anything goes, nuyen is all that matters (ie TM hunting, attacking civilians)
B) only take altruistic jobs helping others (working with insurgents and people in war zones for little nuyen but other rewards)
C) take jobs the players won't feel morally guilty about, even if required to do unsavory actions (everything in the middle between A and B)

2) Does the outfit have a political or meta agenda? Are they pro Corp, facists, communists, anarchists, pro metahuman, human nation, anti corp etc

3) what mission does the group want to do first:
A) 2 Week Contract with Tsimshian government to help with Toxic critter situation
B) 1 Week contract with Puyallup City Council dealing with Shedim situation
C) 1 Week contract with S-K for facility raid in California Free State
Raiden
1. C, based on my characters personality. though A can be ok, the moral conflicts could be interesting.

2. ANTI CORP! that's always more fun! (if, more dumb!)

3. C
justkelly
1. choice C, though could likely be closer to A (especially if it is a hate group of any kind)
2. Pro-meta, anti prejudice groups (let's kill all the haters biggrin.gif )
3. don't care - will take orders
Drace
Due to a player dropping out due to time restraints we have another player opening!
Aria
Bit brief, hate typing on my phone:
1.C
2.neutral probably
3.B or C
Drace
Haha since I do this all at work usually I do it all on my phone. You get use to it, an note apps are your friend (plus I smartened up and saved shortcuts for all the [] tags smile.gif )
Rayanne
Here are my choices..

1, I choose C. My character has done questionable things in the past, but she wont kill civilians. Oh, what is TM anyway?

2, I don't have a preference. Just no Humanis Groups... for obvious reasons biggrin.gif

3, C
Raiden
I am going to make a melee adept, proficient in blades, staves and archery. as well as sneaking, and tracking.
Drace
QUOTE (Rayanne @ Mar 4 2014, 09:22 AM) *
Here are my choices..

1, I choose C. My character has done questionable things in the past, but she wont kill civilians. Oh, what is TM anyway?

2, I don't have a preference. Just no Humanis Groups... for obvious reasons biggrin.gif

3, C

TM stands for Technomancer.

And how's everyone chargen going?
Aria
Sorry, mine stalled a bit, would you believe I was trying to wrap my head around not having enough skill points with option A skills?!? Get back on it soon!
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 12 2014, 07:54 AM) *
Sorry, mine stalled a bit, would you believe I was trying to wrap my head around not having enough skill points with option A skills?!? Get back on it soon!

Been there; I never feel like I have enough skill points. Even when I choose option A for skills.
Drace
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 12 2014, 06:54 AM) *

Haha every character I make I have that feeling with
Always Overkill
@Drace:

Hey, just a thought, but could you use an NPC Medic for the team? I had a former Docwagon Medic (who is coincidentally on the run from Ares) I was making for Tribes. Could slip in the mix, if you could use a guided voice on the crew. Plus he would be a simple character who could fade into the background whenever he is not needed.
justkelly
I'll have Joke finished soon. Any feedback on the stats already provided?

QUOTE (justkelly @ Mar 1 2014, 01:50 AM) *
Feedback welcome...

Character is a female cyber Orc w/gun (Shelby Jackson, AKA Joke, as in I don't take jokes against/on me very well)

Here are some of her details; more later in a clean sheet. NOT FINAL YET! I still have 20 Karma to use, not sure if will use for attributes or skills.

Meta-B, Attributes-C, Magic-E, Skills-D, Resources A

Body 6, Agility 7, Reaction 7, Strength 5, Willpower 4, Logic 3, Intuition 4, Charisma 2, Edge 4

Athletic group 2, Outdoor group 1
Automatics 4, specialization assault rifles
Blades 2, specialization knives
Heavy Weapons 2, specialization grenade launchers
Perception 2
Pistols 3, specialization semi-autos
Sneaking 2
Unarmed Combat 3

Knowledge Skills
English N
Japanese 1
Or'zet 2
Combat Tactics 2
Gunsmith 2
Megacorporations Security 1, specialization Ares Macrotechnology
Mercenary Groups 2
Sports 1
SWAT Team Tactics 2

Aria
Still a WIP, got 20K resources or so to spend on weapons etc, and I haven't listed the freebies either and I've got another contact or two to buy...

Anyway, comments very welcome!

<<Requiem>>
Always Overkill
@Aria: Nice build for the Heavy, should be interesting seeing him in action.
Always Overkill
@justkelly: I would probably bump up your Assault Rifles a point or 2, as it looks like it will be your primary weapon, and it will be much more expensive to improve after chargen.

Gymnastics can be vital for dodging, you could add a specialization for it to your Athletics Skillgroup. A little extra Perception couldn't hurt either.

Where get the points? You could take a point out of Pistols, its your backup piece anyways. Being a merc I doubt you will have to worry about not being able to carry your Assault Rifle on mission.

You also have strong ratings in both Blades (with your spec.) and Unarmed Combat. This isn't in any way a bad combo to have, but if you were looking for an extra point or two to move around you could borrow from one of those areas and work on them as your progress.
Drace
@Just Kelly

Looked it over and liking what I see. I agree that a bit more in the Automatics skill may be useful since it is cheaper in chargen to have a high skill than it is to upgrade during gameplay. But then again her Agi 7 does give her a good dice pool, plus Smartlink etc, so its definitely good as it stands if you don wan to change it.

As for gymnastics, like AO said, it has some good uses, but if it doesn't fit in point wise then just make sure to take advantageous use of cover.

@Aria

Looks good to me, not sure if the rules for some of gear will be out that you have (the R coating, pirated software etc) anytime soon, but everything you have and there are rules for is good by me.

@Overkill

Replied to the PM!

@All

Welcome Always Overkill as Co-GM!!
justkelly
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Mar 13 2014, 11:25 AM) *
@justkelly: I would probably bump up your Assault Rifles a point or 2, as it looks like it will be your primary weapon, and it will be much more expensive to improve after chargen.

Gymnastics can be vital for dodging, you could add a specialization for it to your Athletics Skillgroup. A little extra Perception couldn't hurt either.

Where get the points? You could take a point out of Pistols, its your backup piece anyways. Being a merc I doubt you will have to worry about not being able to carry your Assault Rifle on mission.

You also have strong ratings in both Blades (with your spec.) and Unarmed Combat. This isn't in any way a bad combo to have, but if you were looking for an extra point or two to move around you could borrow from one of those areas and work on them as your progress.

Good points all, including the followup comments from Drace. I'll apply them as best possible. Your suggestion of specialization of gymnastics for Athletic skillgroup is not allowed [p89 2nd full paragraph]. Also, you can't break skill groups at character gen - only during game play [p88 1st column 1st paragraph]. So, I'll look at how I've distributed my groups and skills to see if I can take this suggestion now, or perhaps make it a priority later.

And welcome to our new co-GM.

Any idea of when you want to begin the IC?

@Aria - Joke is a former KE trooper - any chance Requiem would have been a leader/instructor for her in the last 5-7 years? She's mid to early 20s (haven't settled on a specific age yet, so any connection/crossing with Requiem could help determine it.)
Drace
QUOTE (justkelly @ Mar 13 2014, 07:03 PM) *
Good points all, including the followup comments from Drace. I'll apply them as best possible. Your suggestion of specialization of gymnastics for Athletic skillgroup is not allowed [p89 2nd full paragraph]. Also, you can't break skill groups at character gen - only during game play [p88 1st column 1st paragraph]. So, I'll look at how I've distributed my groups and skills to see if I can take this suggestion now, or perhaps make it a priority later.

And welcome to our new co-GM.

Any idea of when you want to begin the IC?

@Aria - Joke is a former KE trooper - any chance Requiem would have been a leader/instructor for her in the last 5-7 years? She's mid to early 20s (haven't settled on a specific age yet, so any connection/crossing with Requiem could help determine it.)

@just Kelly

I was thinking the splitting would be a good idea for just after chargen. Didn't state that though my bad. What I get for writing on the tiny phone screen in my hand that barely scrolls lol.

As for IC I'm hoping in a week to get it runnin as we await the last char sheets
justkelly
I updated details of my character - in the original post up top. I'll attach an accountability sheet later. I dropped pistols completely since the crusader uses automatics. Added quality to augment gymnastics and running skill tests +2 without adding extra skill rating now. Great compromise I think.

Feedback is still welcome.

Thanks everyone - looking forward to this game.
Aria
QUOTE (Drace @ Mar 13 2014, 07:33 PM) *
@Aria

Looks good to me, not sure if the rules for some of gear will be out that you have (the R coating, pirated software etc) anytime soon, but everything you have and there are rules for is good by me.

@All

Welcome Always Overkill as Co-GM!!

Welcome Always! And Drace, I think you might be looking at the wrong tab on Requiem's sheet?!? He had an SR4 version but I've done a complete re-write for SR5 (should be the first tab) which is core rulebook only. Let me know if there's a problem seeing it and I will make a stand alone version.
QUOTE (justkelly @ Mar 13 2014, 11:03 PM) *

You've probably heard of him rather than met him directly. He got screwed up by events in Chi Town and left Ares for the shadows a while back. He was instrumental in the creation of Ares' Firefight martial art... at least in my version of SR nyahnyah.gif His background is the third tab on the character sheet (at least until '72 when he was last played), feel free to read biggrin.gif
Drace
@Aria

At line 95 and down their is a gear listing and karma expenditure list that is SR4, I looked an it looks like it came from the sr4 sheet. I was actually tallying up the costs when you mentioned everything was SR5 so I realized that those most have been an accidental carry over

@Just Kelly

Sounds good!
Always Overkill
@Drace: Clutch, the team's Rigger/Dragon Pilot, is coming along well, and I should have his sheet in the next day or two. You can add him the roster if you'd like wink.gif
justkelly
Accountability sheet for Shelby is now included in the original post as well as here...

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?page=view&a...AKu8JyKW5pHc8lg
Always Overkill
Still working on Clutch's sheet, Riggers are complicated...

Soon though
justkelly

@Always - you are creating a rigger character and going to co-GM, that's lots of work. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012