Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why do the books still list syringes?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
kzt
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Apr 9 2014, 06:25 AM) *
think he meant ricochets off the dragon. nyahnyah.gif

Yeah, with the armor spell up he had 16 points of hardened armor. That wasn't really part of our plan....
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Cain @ Apr 9 2014, 03:11 AM) *
Honestly, for my characters, I tend to buy so much ammo at chargen, I never need to buy any more for the duration of a normal campaign. A few hundred rounds is enough for a non-primary shooter, and even shooters usually don't go through 500-1000 rounds in the length of a regular game.

Well the current doctrine for civilian preparedness in the US is at least 1000 rounds for each weapon, so it's not really out of character for a Shadowrunner to have 1000 per weapon. I would argue that he should re stock as he goes though and not deplete his 1000 round supply.
Cain
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Apr 9 2014, 01:59 PM) *
Well the current doctrine for civilian preparedness in the US is at least 1000 rounds for each weapon, so it's not really out of character for a Shadowrunner to have 1000 per weapon. I would argue that he should re stock as he goes though and not deplete his 1000 round supply.

While under my rules, I do require periodic restocking, in actual use 1000 round will suffice for every combat a character will use during a normal campaign. Excluding autofire users, most shooters are of the one hit, one kill variety. If a single Shadowrun character has killedx over 1000 enemies in the course of a campaign, things are probably well beyond where most games go.

Now, I haven't achieved a one shot kill in SR5 yet, but even so, two bullets per target doesn't add up to much so far. And this doesn't include shooting at a range. I'm not a very good shooter, and I've burned through over 500 rounds a day at the range. But in game, I don't count practice shooting against their ammo total, that's covered under lifestyle.
psychophipps
QUOTE (Cain @ Apr 9 2014, 08:26 PM) *
Excluding autofire users, most shooters are of the one hit, one kill variety.

This is pretty much my experience as well. We had the occasional short burst, but full-out Rock n' Roll just didn't happen as we all pretty much agreed it was a waste of ammo. The single most common firearms attack was the two simple action "controlled pair". Keep in mind, however, that our game banned extra IP so it might very well have been far different than a 3 IP for everyone slaughterhouse game.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Cain @ Apr 9 2014, 08:26 PM) *
While under my rules, I do require periodic restocking, in actual use 1000 round will suffice for every combat a character will use during a normal campaign. Excluding autofire users, most shooters are of the one hit, one kill variety. If a single Shadowrun character has killedx over 1000 enemies in the course of a campaign, things are probably well beyond where most games go.

Now, I haven't achieved a one shot kill in SR5 yet, but even so, two bullets per target doesn't add up to much so far. And this doesn't include shooting at a range. I'm not a very good shooter, and I've burned through over 500 rounds a day at the range. But in game, I don't count practice shooting against their ammo total, that's covered under lifestyle.

Yeah, in SR ammo usage is always impossibly parsimonious. Whereas in real life (if we look to LRRP tactics from Vietnam as an example of a small force out to cause mischief while avoiding large units of enemies) you would need lots of ammo in order to use suppression fire and break contact, in SR suppression fire usually sucks and player characters hardly ever miss.
psychophipps
We loved us some Puke Gas in our 4th games.

*Blam! Blam! Blam!* "Ok here we go..." *Boom! Braaaapt!* Three...two...one... *Pop! Blam! Braaaapt!* Wait for it... *Hiss! Blam! Boom!* Wait for it... *Hiss! Boom! Brapt! Brapt!* "Heauuuuuurgh!" *Splorch!* "You Ok there?" "Heauuuuuuurgh! Heauuuuuuugh!" *Silence except for heaving and splattering noises* "Ok, we can assault now..."
Draco18s
"Instantly kills 1 in 12 metahumans that inhales it."

I've got a d12 here.
Umidori
So do I, but that's only because it's left over from my table's ill-fated attempts to get into Earthdawn. What's your excuse? nyahnyah.gif

~Umi
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Umidori @ Apr 17 2014, 12:08 PM) *
So do I, but that's only because it's left over from my table's ill-fated attempts to get into Earthdawn. What's your excuse? nyahnyah.gif

~Umi

Cracked my baby teeth on a d20, still play Pathfinder. Don't touch 4th ed of that game unless I have a flamethrower handy, of course...
Cain
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Apr 17 2014, 02:13 AM) *
Cracked my baby teeth on a d20, still play Pathfinder. Don't touch 4th ed of that game unless I have a flamethrower handy, of course...

Heh. I literally have a case full of dice. Some of them are older than many Dumpshockers. Lying around somewhere, I have one of the original d20's. Custom dice manufacturers were rare in those days, so they didn't come with filled-in numbers. Instead, they came with a white crayon, so you could fill in the numbers yourself and make it easier to read.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Umidori @ Apr 16 2014, 11:08 PM) *

I was actually para-quoting Spoony there on one of the grenade descriptions from Star Wars.

As for dice...I lost mine. frown.gif They were solid copper, too.

Left them behind in a classroom one day, by that evening they were gone, unreported to lost and found.

Feh, I'll get silver ones next time. More appropriate for me anyway.
kzt
QUOTE (Cain @ Apr 17 2014, 02:44 AM) *
Heh. I literally have a case full of dice. Some of them are older than many Dumpshockers. Lying around somewhere, I have one of the original d20's. Custom dice manufacturers were rare in those days, so they didn't come with filled-in numbers. Instead, they came with a white crayon, so you could fill in the numbers yourself and make it easier to read.

I love my old TSR marbles. Well, maybe not, but I still have some from the 70s.
Sengir
QUOTE (Umidori @ Apr 17 2014, 06:08 AM) *

Wanted to buy a MtG life counter at my old FLGS and the D12 had slipped among the D20s..it's actually kinda useful for the game at times
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (kzt @ Apr 17 2014, 01:23 PM) *
I love my old TSR marbles. Well, maybe not, but I still have some from the 70s.

Ah, the amazing D&D disintegrating dice.

I still have a baggie with an unused set. I am afraid to open said bag for fear the dice will turn to powder.

-k
psychophipps
My Gamma World boxed set came with a red crayon and the dice started falling apart within a month or so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012