Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Street dates
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Ryu
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Jul 11 2014, 05:30 PM) *
The solution is to buy the German edition and with the leftover $30 one of those "learn German" home courses nyahnyah.gif.

Hey, having to wait forever for German translations of the BattleTech books did wonders for my English grades, it can work smile.gif. (Clicky-techs new-dark-age of industrial mechs took that game from me. NERD RAGE!)
Critias
QUOTE (psychophipps @ Jul 10 2014, 09:54 PM) *
It's not so much elitism (what about being a 39-year-old D&D geek is "elite"?), it's about the fact that I used to be able to say "gamer" and my fellow gamers would ask me what RPGs or board games I play. Now I say, "Yeah, I'm a gamer" and they ask me if it's X-Box or Playstation (because PC video game players don't really count, I guess). I haven't owned a console since the Genesis (Mega Drive for you Europeans).

You might not mean it as elitism, but it's certainly still some ugly "gatekeeper" stuff. You're not in charge of who gets to be called a gamer, who's a "real" gamer, etc, etc. Don't be that grouchy guy telling the kids to get off your lawn, and how real gaming means carrying a sack of books uphill both ways in the snow and rolling your own dice by hand.
psychophipps
QUOTE (Critias @ Jul 11 2014, 01:59 PM) *
Real gaming means carrying a sack of books uphill both ways in the snow and rolling your own dice by hand.

But it's the truth! wink.gif
X-Kalibur
Do you play games? Congratulations, you are a gamer. I've always identified, in a positive way, as a gamer; even when it wasn't cool to be one. By which I mean I grew up with a 286/386 (PC master race!) and all the consoles from the NES forward and then got into Shadowrun after playing the Genesis title... which also led to the WEG d6 Star Wars and D&D. I was no more or less a gamer before or after entering the world of pen and paper RPGs.
Sengir
I was in Lofwyr's backyard over the weekend (SPIEL Essen) and was greatly amused to see this: https://imgur.com/GoqciUI
However they do it, Pegasus are running one hell of an aggressive pricing.

(And I found a factory fresh copy of the Munich book in the bargain bin, hooray)
Fatum
>20 euro for Stolen Souls
Are you sure you want to do this?
binarywraith
Depends, Pegasus fixes a lot of stuff, maybe they unbuggered it?
Sengir
QUOTE (Fatum @ Oct 20 2014, 05:37 AM) *
>20 euro for Stolen Souls
Are you sure you want to do this?

I liked the concept of having an extraction book but honestly didn't follow up on what the outcome was, or how much anal intercourse it contained. I don't even have the PDF so far.

But still, with CGL's prices for hardcover going up and Pegasus selling it for 20 bucks each (and that's not the bargain bin price), we're approaching the point where language classes and international shipping must be getting cheaper than buying the English hardcovers biggrin.gif
Sendaz
QUOTE (Sengir @ Oct 20 2014, 08:36 AM) *
But still, with CGL's prices for hardcover going up and Pegasus selling it for 20 bucks each (and that's not the bargain bin price), we're approaching the point where language classes and international shipping must be getting cheaper than buying the English hardcovers biggrin.gif

Funny you should mention that as I just got the Shadowrun France book and now have to slowly work my way through it with French dictionary and Google translate nyahnyah.gif
Sengir
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Oct 20 2014, 05:44 PM) *
Funny you should mention that as I just got the Shadowrun France book and now have to slowly work my way through it with French dictionary and Google translate nyahnyah.gif

Isn't that that book which made the French authors for SoE say "fuck this shit, we'll rewrite France from scratch"? biggrin.gif

Still, nice collector's item, congratulations
Sendaz
QUOTE (Sengir @ Oct 21 2014, 03:12 AM) *
Isn't that that book which made the French authors for SoE say "fuck this shit, we'll rewrite France from scratch"? biggrin.gif
yep biggrin.gif
Indeed, I am told it's like a train wreck.

You know it's bad but you just can't not help looking anyway.

Should be interesting.
Fatum
QUOTE (Sengir @ Oct 20 2014, 05:36 PM) *
I liked the concept of having an extraction book but honestly didn't follow up on what the outcome was, or how much anal intercourse it contained. I don't even have the PDF so far.

20 euros is not 20 bucks, more like 25.
Sengir
QUOTE (Fatum @ Oct 22 2014, 10:55 AM) *
20 euros is not 20 bucks, more like 25.

20 Eurobucks wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012