Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which version of Shadowrun are you playing?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
CaptRory
Grenades are timed to around six seconds if I recall correctly. You can "cook" a grenade and hold onto it for a few seconds so the enemy can't react to it but you're gambling that the quality control is VERY good because it can easily go off early in your hand. It is entirely probable to react to a grenade in real life so long as it hasn't been cooked. In WW2, they had three men in a fox hole: One sleeping, one with a rifle, and one with a shovel to bat grenades out of the air or to scoop it up and toss it away if they missed batting it.

Further, there are plenty of stories of men picking up grenades and throwing them away; typically the third grenade is when they run out of hands and luck.
Critias
QUOTE (CaptRory @ Jul 6 2014, 10:00 PM) *
Grenades are timed to around six seconds if I recall correctly.

That's the sort of thing you want to recall correctly.
CaptRory
If I used grenades I would darn well know how mine worked =-p
Sendaz
QUOTE (CaptRory @ Jul 6 2014, 11:23 PM) *
If I used grenades I would darn well know how mine worked =-p

Aye, but there is the rub as you have to test it to be certain and you can get irregular fuses in a batch thus spurring Murphy's Special Law of Combat: 5 second fuses burn off in 3 seconds.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CaptRory @ Jul 6 2014, 09:00 PM) *
Grenades are timed to around six seconds if I recall correctly. You can "cook" a grenade and hold onto it for a few seconds so the enemy can't react to it but you're gambling that the quality control is VERY good because it can easily go off early in your hand. It is entirely probable to react to a grenade in real life so long as it hasn't been cooked. In WW2, they had three men in a fox hole: One sleeping, one with a rifle, and one with a shovel to bat grenades out of the air or to scoop it up and toss it away if they missed batting it.

Further, there are plenty of stories of men picking up grenades and throwing them away; typically the third grenade is when they run out of hands and luck.

3 Seconds, generally (at least it was 3 Seconds for production grenades when I was in)... The improvised ones we made in the Gulf were timed for 10 Seconds (1 Kilo of C4 jammed into an empty grenade case, with a length of fuse and a fuse igniter all taped together - they were quite impressive).
Stahlseele
1 kilo of C4 in ANY circumstances should be both impressive and devastating . . and i don't think i would volounteer to set one of these off, even with 10 seconds . .
CaptRory
Holy C-cow, reminds me of my Beyond the Supernatural 2e character from The Lazlo Society boards. His answer to the supernatural was big guns and bigger explosions. But you lived it. Thank you for your service.

Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 7 2014, 10:27 AM) *
1 kilo of C4 in ANY circumstances should be both impressive and devastating . . and i don't think i would volounteer to set one of these off, even with 10 seconds . .

They were crazy - We set a few off, and I am so glad we did not use them in enclosed spaces.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CaptRory @ Jul 7 2014, 11:17 AM) *
Holy C-cow, reminds me of my Beyond the Supernatural 2e character from The Lazlo Society boards. His answer to the supernatural was big guns and bigger explosions. But you lived it. Thank you for your service.

Thanks...
Semper Fi!
Shinobi Killfist
Currently I run and play in 5e(my favorite edition is 2e). The more supplements that come out for 5e the less I want to play it. The main books flaws were manageable, the supplements are even more effed up and I'm picking through them for a handful of useable items. I should be picking through to find a handful of things that don't work for me, not desperately trying to find a redeeming feature in street grimoire.
Uli
Huh. The more I read about 5e, the more I want to play it. My group will start with it, after we finish the current campaign. But maybe having the German books helps...? question.gif
Shortstraw
QUOTE (Uli @ Jul 10 2014, 05:46 PM) *
Huh. The more I read about 5e, the more I want to play it. My group will start with it, after we finish the current campaign. But maybe having the German books helps...? question.gif

Don't need German books just the Germans on DS.
Uli
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Jul 10 2014, 11:49 AM) *
Don't need German books just the Germans on DS.

...? I don't get it.
Shortstraw
The Germans on Dumpshock are very good about providing all the errata/extra content that Pegasus puts out.
matticus825
First post on Dumpshock!

Started playing Shadowrun with 2e maybe 16 years ago? Lose track after a while. Lost my books, then rolled a hand made home brew version of rules for couple of years. Finally picked up a 3e book about 2 years back, lost that one in a move, and went and picked up a 1st edition for the nostalgia value. Starting up a 3e campaign in a few weeks, super stoked. Took a quick look at 4 and 5.. and I'll pass for now. The changes to the game mechanics are too gross for me to consider taking the plunge.
Stahlseele
Welcome to dumpshock.
Don't take it too serious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012