Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Back into the Barrens
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Redjack
Goon #2: Full Defense - REA(5) + Dodge(2) + Defender Running(2) [1,1,6,5,5,2,5,5,2] = 5 hits
Dodged!

Val: 2nd Shot - AGL(8) + Firearms(3) [5,6,6,6,6,5,1,3,2,1,1] = 6 hits
Goon #2: Full Defense - REA(5) + Dodge(2) + Defender Running(2) +Multiple Defense(-1) [5,2,5,3,3,4,1,5] = 3 hits
- Soak 8P, -1AP: Body(4) + Lined Coat(6) [3,3,2,4,2,4,4,5,1] = 1 hit
- 7P damage.
Sengir

Compile R5 Crack Sprite: RES (5) + Compiling (5) → [4,3,5,3,5,2,1,3,3,6] = (3)
Sprite resists with Rating (5) → [4,1,5,2,6] = (2)
Soak Fading [2 Stun] with RES (5) + INT (5) → [6,5,2,1,4,6,3,6,1,5] = (5)

One task, no Fading, and sending it to hack us something with wheels. I assume that evacuation plans have gone AR so both the sprite and we have a rough idea where the nearest exit is?
Redjack
My notes seem incomplete on Hardwire's interpretation of the matrix, his persona, and his favored sculpting. Could you give me a little direction on that?
Saytr
FYI Val is looking for closest door to exit the facility.
Sengir
QUOTE (Redjack @ Feb 25 2015, 04:00 AM) *
My notes seem incomplete on Hardwire's interpretation of the matrix, his persona, and his favored sculpting. Could you give me a little direction on that?

He's a Dronomancer because that kinda seemed to fit the classical hacker/tinkerer archetype...and the Sprites and Fading are not bad, admittedly wink.gif

"the Matrix is a world of connected machines that he can talk with", I read two major points from that:
- The matrix is an emergent system, where the connection between simpler devices creates a more complex/better/smarter whole
- TMs talk to the machines directly, the machine code below all the pretty iconography.

"Sprites as embodiments of the spirits of the machines from which they manifest" sounds nice for Machine Sprites, the rest...exist because they do

His icon is Beastie the BSD Daemon, in combat situations changed to more aggressive demonic imagery. Sprites are creatures of the machine code and therefore not overly human, I'm thinking something like the blue cloud thing here: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/images/3228/117424.jpg

===

Alarm or no, people are still evacuating the place, right?
Redjack
QUOTE (Saytr @ Feb 25 2015, 03:24 PM) *
FYI Val is looking for closest door to exit the facility.
You are at it.

QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 25 2015, 03:26 PM) *
His icon is Beastie the BSD Daemon, in combat situations changed to more aggressive demonic imagery. Sprites are creatures of the machine code and therefore not overly human, I'm thinking something like the blue cloud thing here: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/images/3228/117424.jpg

QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 25 2015, 03:26 PM) *
Alarm or no, people are still evacuating the place, right?
See current post for details. You all were literally already out of bed when the alarms started. You are ahead of the pack, so to speak.
Sengir
QUOTE (Redjack @ Feb 25 2015, 10:41 PM) *
See current post for details. You all were literally already out of bed when the alarms started. You are ahead of the pack, so to speak.

Are the panicked masses right on our heels, or does Hardwire's plan mean waiting far too long to be sane?

And being a good concerned citizen, can I inform that police that some Asian norm with a pink mohawk has just fired shot in the hospital?
Redjack
QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 25 2015, 06:50 PM) *
Are the panicked masses right on our heels, or does Hardwire's plan mean waiting far too long to be sane?
I'll add another post that may help you with this.

QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 25 2015, 06:50 PM) *
And being a good concerned citizen, can I inform that police that some Asian norm with a pink mohawk has just fired shot in the hospital?
You may always do something like that... It's hard for me to take your matrix connection. smile.gif
Sengir
QUOTE (Redjack @ Feb 26 2015, 02:48 AM) *
I'll add another post that may help you with this.

OK, I thought Val had gotten more clothes than just the body armor

You may always do something like that... It's hard for me to take your matrix connection. smile.gif

Question is just if the police will take such an anonymous tip. But the worst that could happen probably is that they simply ignore it, so message away
Redjack
QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 26 2015, 11:19 AM) *
OK, I thought Val had gotten more clothes than just the body armor
Technically, he had a t-shirt as well.
QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 26 2015, 11:19 AM) *
Question is just if the police will take such an anonymous tip. But the worst that could happen probably is that they simply ignore it, so message away
Exactly.
PraetorGradivus
I assume that Padrig has no trouble recognizing these two as the people he dropped off at the hospital two weeks ago.
Redjack
QUOTE (PraetorGradivus @ Feb 27 2015, 06:21 PM) *
I assume that Padrig has no trouble recognizing these two as the people he dropped off at the hospital two weeks ago.
Let's say that both were pretty screwed up previously from their burns, but the jacket, the location, the fact of a pair, the current poor lighting... he can't be 100% sure, but it is no stretch to make that leap and feel confident about it.
Redjack
Couple of clarifications:
- The van is still running.
- Padrig not able to access the controls (OOC: Hardwire's sprite currently owns it)
- The van is parked at the sidewalk, straight down from the side exit. (You can holler up at them from where you are)
Saytr
I edited my post to make sense lol
Sengir
Just as a note to myself so I don't forget it: Check your home node/drone once there's time
Sengir
Back to Redmond sounds like a plan, any objections?

If I'm reading the map right, we're between the M and o in "Des Moines" on the Map here, does Area Knowledge[Seattle] 4 suggest a better course of action than simply heading for the Interstate?
Redjack
Padrig: Memory test - LOG(2) + WIL(6) [5,2,5,2,6,4,6,4] = 4 hits

Val: Memory test - LOG(6) + WIL(3) [2,2,1,1,1,6,1,2,2] = 1 hit
Saytr
I just posted lol. Does Val remember stump and lucky pawn?.
Redjack
QUOTE (Saytr @ Mar 3 2015, 03:47 PM) *
I just posted lol. Does Val remember stump and lucky pawn?.
Everything you have posted for Val and all the memories I posted for Val, he retains. The pair are beginning to realize that they have no memory of the past three weeks because they have been unconscious.
Saytr
From the security raring this is a fairly nice area? 3 weeks is a long nap. I just wanted to clarify so I didn't post from previous knowledge, good take off post rate. Hope the next five years goes smoothly wink.gif
Sengir
QUOTE (Saytr @ Mar 4 2015, 12:16 AM) *
From the security raring this is a fairly nice area?

All the more reason not to stay close to a crime scene wink.gif

A lot of matrix-googling in order of precedence:
- Ping our fixer about Padrig and if he had anything to do with Athena
- Home sweet home, does the Fix-It drone there answer?
- The explosion at the warehouse, at least what semi-public sources say about it
- General headlines for the last 3 weeks

PS:
Hope the next five years goes smoothly wink.gif

I was asked the other what I wanted to do in five years, "smoothly running campaign" sounds like a better answer than what I gave biggrin.gif
PraetorGradivus
Padrig is going to assense his two companions
DP 9
Redjack
QUOTE (Saytr @ Mar 3 2015, 05:16 PM) *
From the security raring this is a fairly nice area? 3 weeks is a long nap. I just wanted to clarify so I didn't post from previous knowledge, good take off post rate. Hope the next five years goes smoothly wink.gif
Street Area Knowledge Seattle(1) + Intuition(4) [1,3,1,4,1] - CRITICAL GLITCH

QUOTE (Sengir @ Mar 3 2015, 06:55 PM) *
- Ping our fixer about Padrig and if he had anything to do with Athena
Connection(3) + Connection(3) - [3,1,4,2,2,4] = 0 hits
Home sweet home, does the Fix-It drone there answer?
Yes. See IC
The explosion at the warehouse, at least what semi-public sources say about it
See IC.
General headlines for the last 3 weeks
See IC

I was asked the other what I wanted to do in five years, "smoothly running campaign" sounds like a better answer than what I gave biggrin.gif
smile.gif

QUOTE (PraetorGradivus @ Mar 5 2015, 03:44 AM) *
Padrig is going to assense his two companions: DP 9

Val: [1,2,3,2,1,5,6,3,6] = 3 hits
- Suddenly, highly agitated.
- Healthy.
- Mundane
- No diseases or toxins, though residual drugs in his body.
- Cyberware: His entire body, at the layer of his skin, is cybered. His skeleton is highlighted with a mesh across that skeleton as well.
Hardwire: [6,6,6,6,2,5,4,6,2] = 6 hits
- Calm, possibly a little frustrated.
- Healthy, but damaged on his skin across the front of his body.
- Mundane
- No cyberware.
- No diseases or toxins, though residual drugs in his body.
- No bioware.
- He was very badly burned. That is nearly healed.
- He is a technomancer.
PraetorGradivus
See post 50, I never told them my name was Padrig- I used my fake SIN name of Xander Renvela... I told them they could call me Paddy cause everyone thinks anyone Irish is named Paddy...
Redjack
QUOTE (PraetorGradivus @ Mar 7 2015, 12:44 PM) *
I told them they could call me Paddy cause everyone thinks anyone Irish is named Paddy...
Edited.
PraetorGradivus
Just a quick note...my home network was hacked so I have no internet capability at home right now...even had to get direct tv to come out and switch the box cause he hacked that too.
I can only get online with my chromebook when I'm out somewhere that has free wifi.
And my characters gave you guys the name Xander Renvela...not Xaver
Sengir
QUOTE (PraetorGradivus @ Mar 10 2015, 12:32 AM) *
Just a quick note...my home network was hacked so I have no internet capability at home right now...even had to get direct tv to come out and switch the box cause he hacked that too.

Holy cow, how did you manage that?

And my characters gave you guys the name Xander Renvela...not Xaver

Sorry, editing.

Do I get my own memory roll on the hospital (Area Knowledge[Seattle] 4 or Corporate Metahuman Experimentation 5)?
Redjack
QUOTE (Sengir @ Mar 10 2015, 03:03 PM) *
Do I get my own memory roll on the hospital (Area Knowledge[Seattle] 4 or Corporate Metahuman Experimentation 5)?
Seattle Area Knowledge(4) + INT(5) = 3 - 5 - 6 - 2 - 5 - 2 - 1 - 4 - 5 = 4 hits (Invisible Castle is offline)

Hardwire has heard of the St Francis Medical Center. It is an independent medical (no corporate affiliations) supported by the Catholic Church. He's is not aware of any organized crime connections either, though he presumes mafia is more likely than Vory if it was.
Redjack
Give me the next stop and I'll fast forward.
Saytr
Stumps than the doc for payment since he was the one brokering the deal for Athena.
Sengir
So we were a little too paranoid? biggrin.gif

Payment from the Doc sounds good
Saytr
Lol we just took out a pair of hit men paranoid is ok for a minute.
Redjack
Since Paddy is new to the team, I figured I'd give him a chance to role-play his reactions to the first stop being in the Redmond Barrens.
Saytr
"Yuri was a pig. I only wish he would have died by my hands instead of the explosion. He got lucky dying quickly. Glad to have another hand to help." Translated from Russian to english.
Sengir
For simplicity, I'm assuming that the van is open between cargo area and driver's compartment (in other word, we don't have to decide who got in where)?
Redjack
QUOTE (Sengir @ Mar 20 2015, 07:32 AM) *
For simplicity, I'm assuming that the van is open between cargo area and driver's compartment (in other word, we don't have to decide who got in where)?
Yes and if you remember, it also is a plumbers van with shelves in the back and plumber supplies.
Sengir
Before the others start shooting, how do the chasers look like, visible weapons, gang colors...?
Redjack
QUOTE (Sengir @ Mar 22 2015, 10:06 AM) *
Before the others start shooting, how do the chasers look like, visible weapons, gang colors...?
Great idea... though in the darkness, the headlights are effectively blinding you.

PraetorGradivus
Perception test to notice anything about the riders.... Int 5, Defaulting... plus whatever other minuses
Redjack
QUOTE (PraetorGradivus @ Mar 25 2015, 06:53 PM) *
Perception test to notice anything about the riders.... Int 5, Defaulting... plus whatever other minuses
Holy cow... No perception skill.
Int(5) + Defaulting(-1) + Clear/Blinding Glare+Flare comp/no appreciable wind/short range(-1) [2,3,1] = 0 hits
Dang, I was really rooting for the underdog and his flare comp.
Saytr
Lol
Sengir
Looks like we all have a shopping list, Perception for Gradivus and close combat for Saytr and me wink.gif

Anyway, speaking of the Lords of War
QUOTE (Sengir @ Mar 7 2015, 09:44 PM) *
Hardwire tags the items about the Lords and the juvenile joyrider for further search

I'd like to get back at that bookmark as soon as there's time, especially see if that article mentions who shot the civillians
Redjack
QUOTE (Sengir @ Mar 26 2015, 08:22 AM) *
I'd like to get back at that bookmark as soon as there's time, especially see if that article mentions who shot the civillians
QUOTE (Redjack @ Mar 7 2015, 10:00 AM) *
- April 7: A fire fight in Touristville, Redmond left three civilians dead when members of the Lords of War street gang engaged in a street fight with unidentified, heavily armed individuals.
Your browse complex form returns the following additional data:
- Public records:
- - The three civilians are identified as:
- - > Sarah Grasen, human female, 22 years old, 3rd grade substitute teacher
- - > Jacob Driscosky, male human 24 years old, unemployed
- - > Nancy Martin, female human, 15 years old, student
- - > It is noted that four SINless were also killed.
- Blogs:
- - The heavily armed men were noted as speaking Russian
- Volo's Guide to Seattle Gangs:
- - Details about the Lords of War:
- - > Territory: Redmond Barrens, north of Touristeville
- - > Colors/Symbols: Grey Helm (Mongolian style) in front of crossed great swords, also Mongolian style. Grey & Red
- - > Membership: 20-30

Wrote this several days ago. Been a crappy work week. Posting now.
Saytr
Np RD takes precedent every time all the time. Enjoy the weekend much deserved I am sure.
Redjack
QUOTE (Saytr @ Mar 28 2015, 02:52 PM) *
Np RD takes precedent every time all the time. Enjoy the weekend much deserved I am sure.
How is everyone doing with the frequency of posts and pace of the game? Trying to get 2 posts/week where possible and at least once per week. Also making a concerted effort not to let us get bogged down in a scene. For example: once it was clear you were going to hesitate before firing first on the gangers, I fast forwarded the scene. That strategy working for everyone and keeping it enjoyable?
PraetorGradivus
works for me
Saytr
Yeah that was one of those thing I cannot come out and say but wanting to play the role lol.all good
Sengir
QUOTE (Redjack @ Mar 29 2015, 07:23 PM) *
How is everyone doing with the frequency of posts and pace of the game? Trying to get 2 posts/week where possible and at least once per week. Also making a concerted effort not to let us get bogged down in a scene.

What Gradivus said: Works out nicely for me, if frequency goes down one week there's another week with a lot of progress
Saytr
Happy Easter yall.
Redjack
Whew. Barely under the wire for the 7 day window. Work stank last week. 19 hours last Monday. Should be back to a normal schedule this coming week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012