Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Back into the Barrens
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Redjack
The original game:
- IC Thread: Yes, this game ran FIVE years.
- OOC Thread

Current game:
- IC Thread
Redjack
Name: Vladamir Sukhodolskaia a.k.a Valery Strobokov
Archtype: Male Elven Street Samurai

CHARACTER SHEET
[ Spoiler ]

CURRENT GEAR
[ Spoiler ]

LOST GEAR
[ Spoiler ]

AWARDS
[ Spoiler ]

Clues and memories:
[ Spoiler ]

EDGE USED (of 3)
- Fighting Vory at the hospital [ Link ]
- All three escaping the hospital
Redjack
HARDWIRE
Archtype: Male Ork Technomancer

CHARACTER SHEET
[ Spoiler ]

CURRENT GEAR
[ Spoiler ]

LOST GEAR
[ Spoiler ]

AWARDS
[ Spoiler ]

Edge (of 2) Spends:
- Fighting goons at the hospital [ Link ]
Redjack
Name: Padrig "Paddy" Muchinsky aka Xander
Archtype: Male Dwarven Druid

CHARACTER SHEET
[ Spoiler ]

Current Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
PC alternate #2, if one ever exists.
Redjack
Had the flu last week so my post was delayed until today. I will be giving you both some Karma for the restart and will always post on Sundays, at a minimum. I'll post in more through the week if I'm able.
Saytr
sounds good. sorry flu sucks a lot. everyone I know has some sort of variant of it lol. glad I didn't get the vaccination.
Redjack
@Satyr: Val doesn't seem to have a comlink at the moment.
Saytr
Edited post sorry lol.
Sengir
Does that owl feel kinda matrix-y or is it just a case of pink elephants
Redjack
@Sengir
QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 18 2015, 07:16 AM) *
Does that owl feel kinda matrix-y or is it just a case of pink elephants
As you take a moment to focus on the owl, it is not like the pink bunnies. It appears to be of the matrix, more than drug induced.

@Satyr
WIL(3) + Wil(3) nausea check[2] [4,2,6,4,6,1] = 2 hits
Redjack
Val: Body(4) + Willpower(3) [6,1,6,4,6,2,5] = 4 hits
Sengir
Woohoo, come here little floating owl wobble.gif
Redjack
I imagine this much akin to how television portrays an acid trip.
Sengir
...only that by the 2070s you don't need any pharmaceuticals to see floating images or have the doorknob talk to you biggrin.gif

But yeah, I imagine he's a bit dopey after three weeks
Sengir
I'm obviously trying to unplug myself from all that stuff, starting with the breathing tube

Since the question will come up, a preemptive "what's there to know about is this place" roll for the St. Francis Medical Center: Area Knowledge: Seattle (4) + Intuition (5) [4,1,1,3,5,5,6,2,6] = 4 hits
Saytr
Val is a accomplished medic perfectly capable of killing you by just removing your breathing tube wrong lol. j/k

medic 3 logic 6 9 dp http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4782021/

9d6.hits(5) → [6,1,6,4,5,5,5,1,3] = (5)

val is also privately assessing Hardwires injuries from physical inspection. I guess he could also just check his chart which would be close by.
Redjack
Initiative:
- Val: [6,3,4,1,2,1,5,1,6,4] = 3 hits + 10 = 13(3)
- Hardwire: [2,1,1,6,6,4,2,5] = 3 hits + 8 = 11(1)
- NPC 1: [5,6,2,4,2,4,5,3,6] = 4 hits + 9 = 13(1)
- NPC 2: [6,4,2,3,6,3,6,3,2] = 3 hits + 9 = 12(1)

Pass #1:
- Val is up first
Redjack
Val: Unarmed Attack - AGL(8 ) + Default Unarmed(-1) [2,2,5,2,5,3,5] = 3 hits
Goon #1:
- Block - REA(5) + UnArmed(2) [5,6,6,5,5,3,3] = 5 hits
- Pistol Whip - AGL(4) + Clubs(2) [3,4,2,6,4,6] = 2 hits
Val
- Block - REA(6) + Unarmed(0) [6,6,5,3,6,1] = 4 hits

====
Hardwire is up.
Saytr
Next on purchase list unarmed combat lol
Redjack
QUOTE (Saytr @ Feb 20 2015, 12:27 PM) *
Next on purchase list unarmed combat lol
I've pretty much decided that every character needs that at least at a level 1.
Redjack
Hardwire's dice pool is AGL(3) + Default Unarmed(-1) + Charging(+2). Roll with that?
Sengir
That's why my characters always have a breakable tooth with some combat drug...well, not always because in this case I forgot that biggrin.gif

Trying to bowl over Goon #1 (who is standing in front of #2, right?): AGI (3) - defaulting (1) + Charging (2) + Edge (2) → [[6, 2],3,1,3,4,2] = (1)
I need a tooth compartment with valium...

Edit: sorry for the short delay, got a call
Redjack
Goon #2: Block - REA(5) + Unarmed(2) [6,1,6,5,2,4,5] = 4 hits

Val is up again.
Saytr
Val will be using a edge point in a attempt to barrel through the first Russian and pick up push along hardwire in a attempt to get them both out of there.
Redjack
Val: Attack - AGL(8 ) + Default Unarmed(-1) + Edge(3) [[6, 3],4,1,[6, 4],3,4,3,3,4,4] = 2 hits
Wow. You guys are having sucky luck with edge...
Goon #1: Block - REA(5) + UnArmed(2) [5,4,4,5,1,2,6] = 3 hits

Pass #3: Val is up
Saytr
last attempt
AGL(8 ) + Default Unarmed(-1)=7dp
7d6.hits(5) → [3,4,3,5,4,6,6] = (3)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4783193/
Redjack
Goon #1 - Block - REA(5) + Unarmed(2) + Second Defense(-1) [3,3,6,3,2,6] = 2 hits
Interpret as attack to knock down: Val Strength 7 + 1 hit vs Goon body of 4. Knock down successful.

Combat Turn #2, Pass #1. Keeping same init.

Val is up first.
Sengir
Did the goon Val knocked down have the courtesy to drop his gun?
Saytr
Val is attempting to knock the weapon free of the silenced goon. Disarm
Redjack
QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 21 2015, 10:37 AM) *
Did the goon Val knocked down have the courtesy to drop his gun?
Negative.

QUOTE (Saytr @ Feb 21 2015, 12:57 PM) *
Val is attempting to knock the weapon free of the silenced goon. Disarm

Disarm is a martial arts maneuver (AR, 159), Though I will allow you to grapple for the pistol. With your speed, you'll have more actions than him to attempt to arrest the weapon from him. AGL(8 ) + Default Unarmed(-1) [4,1,1,3,1,4,4] = 0 hits.

Edge or no?
Saytr
Yes
PraetorGradivus
Do you need another player? I'm down to hotspot for the next 3-4 days but afterwards I'll have my home computer back and can post on the go and home.
Redjack
Val: Edge [4,1,1,5,4,5,5] = 3 hits
Goon #2: REA(5) + Dodge(1) [2,4,2,1,4,5] = 1 hit

Val has 2 net hits. He has a reasonably firm grip on the pistol.

Goon #1: Shoots at Val. AGL(4) + Pistols(3) + Smartgun(2) + Aim(1) + Off-Balance(-2) = dp8 [3,3,2,5,2,5,1,4] = 2 hits
Val: Counter - REA(6) + In Melee(-3) [2,4,6] = 1 hit
Val: Resist (5+1)P, -1 AP - Body(4+3) + Armor(8+2+1) = dp17 = [4,3,3,1,3,3,1,1,6,3,3,6,3,5,5,6,1] = 5 hits; 1S taken

Goon #2: Tries to wrest the gun from Val - STR(4) [5,3,1,1] = 1 hit + Glitch
Val: Resist - STR(6) [3,2,4,4,2,6] = 1 hit

Hardwire is up, then Val again.
Redjack
QUOTE (PraetorGradivus @ Feb 21 2015, 04:48 PM) *
Do you need another player? I'm down to hotspot for the next 3-4 days but afterwards I'll have my home computer back and can post on the go and home.
Satyr/Sengir - This is your call.
Saytr
That is cool with me. We can always use more help.
PraetorGradivus
Any limitations on the build? I see you have a technomancer and a samurai, so I assume some type of magician or aspected magician would be most helpful for you guys.
Redjack
- Rounded characters are better than one shot wonders. If you look at both character sheets, you'll see that neither is min-maxed. Bob the burn-out mage was a great character that fit in well with this crew. Start with a standard 400bp, SR4A character and we'll go from there.
- Right now my post rate is very high. RL will kick in at some point and it will surely settle back to a 1-2/week rate. I've played pbp games for 8 years. The previous game for Val ran five years, so we have experience with what will happen and what it takes to run a long run game. We don't expect that you commit your life to staying in the game, but understand up front what will happen. Will you be happy with the game when it settles down to about twice per week and can you make it habit to check in twice per week as the initial flurry of posting dies down?
- If you are going to be out for more than 7 days, we ask that you post in to the OOC so we can keep the game going. A player who is non-responsive after 2 weeks sometimes finds their character meets a violent, messy end. By a month, there is always a fatality. If you get tired of playing, please have the respect to let us know.
- Send me your character in a PM or if you use HeroLabs or Chummer, you can email me the file. We can PM about the history.
- This game is heavy on the story telling, though as you see, there are elements of classic combat as well. If a scene is unclear, ask me in OOC, I will elaborate.
- This game is not a classic meet Johnson, get job, get paid. This is the story of Val and his path towards remembering what happened to his life. It has also become the story of Hardwire seeking retribution for a slain friend. When your character joins, it will become his story as well: The motivation may be strictly monetary... or it may be something more personal.
- The game is street level, but rising. The current targets are several influential Vory in Tacoma. The characters are the underdogs. They fight for every scrap and every win. This is a dystopian future and though there are good days... and there are also many very, very bad ones.
PraetorGradivus
Didn't realize this was 4a vs 5. My 4h edition pdf's are on the comp that is in the shop and I don't see getting it back until Tuesday at the earliest as I'm having a (relatively minor) heart procedure on Monday and won't be home until early evening.
Sengir
QUOTE (Redjack @ Feb 22 2015, 04:58 AM) *
Satyr/Sengir - This is your call.

No problem from my side, as long as Gradivus promises to stay around longer than the last guys biggrin.gif

===

OK, so the guy with the gun is on the ground and Val has wrestled the gun from the standing one? And where are we actually, is there an emergency exit sign or something which might be useful in any way (like a bedpan to hurl on the shooter)?
Saytr
Gross!!.....yet effective idea. I imagine it would be like any Normal hospital except the alarm has been going off a minute so people are sure to be walking in the direction of the exit unless four people fighting steers them away lol.
Redjack
QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 22 2015, 06:01 PM) *
OK, so the guy with the gun is on the ground and Val has wrestled the gun from the standing one? And where are we actually, is there an emergency exit sign or something which might be useful in any way (like a bedpan to hurl on the shooter)?
Most hospitals I've been in always tend to have stuff in the hallways, especially near patient rooms. There is a small desk and a chair in the hall near where Hardwire is.

Hardwire: AGL(3) + Exotic Weapon[Chair](-1) [2,2] = 0 hits

Val is up.
Saytr
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4784821/

agi 8+ firearms group 3=11 dp 11d6.hits(5) → [4,4,1,2,4,1,3,1,5,2,2] = (1)

redjack if you would please re roll for me using a edge point I need to geek this guy quick.
Redjack
Val: Last edge point - [4,3,5,6,3,4,5,5,1,3] 4 hits + 1 hit = 5 hits
Goon #1: REA(5) + Prone(-2) [3,1,4] = 0 hits
- Soak Body(4) + Lined Coat(4) [5,4,1,2,1,1,5,2] = 2 hits

Val is up for Pass #3.
Redjack
QUOTE (PraetorGradivus @ Feb 22 2015, 02:13 PM) *
Didn't realize this was 4a vs 5. My 4h edition pdf's are on the comp that is in the shop and I don't see getting it back until Tuesday at the earliest as I'm having a (relatively minor) heart procedure on Monday and won't be home until early evening.
Good luck with your procedure! If you have ideas for the character concept, go ahead and start PM'ing with me on that... assuming you are still excited for an SR4a game...?
Saytr
agi 8+ firearms group 3=11 dp 11d6.hits(5)

<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4784880/">11d6.hits (5)=2</a>

2 hits total http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4784880/
PraetorGradivus
Padrig Muchinsky
Male Dwarf 120cm 80 kg
Archetype: Druidic Tradition Magician

Attributes and Derived Stats
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Active and Knowledge Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Spells
[ Spoiler ]

Current Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]
Sengir
QUOTE (Redjack @ Feb 23 2015, 05:34 AM) *
Good luck with your procedure!

Yep, be careful you don't get shot up by Russians wink.gif

I'd also use my action to get get behind a corner, preferably in the direction of an emergency exit sign. And since this is 4th Edition, doesn't Val get two attacks per IP?
Saytr
if a character has one weapon semi shot in each hand, he may fire once with each weapon by expending one simple action. note that single shot weapons may be fired only once per action phase. likewise only one long burst may be fired in each action phase. SR4 pg136. Fire Weapon. simple actions.

I could do two simple actions how ever firing my weapon uses my action phase for that Pass.
Redjack
QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 23 2015, 03:53 AM) *
I'd also use my action to get get behind a corner, preferably in the direction of an emergency exit sign. And since this is 4th Edition, doesn't Val get two attacks per IP?
You have no actions on this pass, but you do have movement so that works.

QUOTE (Saytr @ Feb 23 2015, 10:53 AM) *
if a character has one weapon semi shot in each hand, he may fire once with each weapon by expending one simple action. note that single shot weapons may be fired only once per action phase. likewise only one long burst may be fired in each action phase. SR4 pg136. Fire Weapon. simple actions.

I could do two simple actions how ever firing my weapon uses my action phase for that Pass.
A semiautomatic (in SR4) may be shot on each of the two simple actions Val has. In the previous pass, Val had to use his first simple action to ready the weapon and the second to fire. Conversely, the falling Vory elected to use one of his simple actions to aim to offset the fall then fired with the second.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012