Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sooo I read Anarchy...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Nath
QUOTE (freudqo @ Nov 2 2016, 08:11 PM) *
I quite don't remember nor care what SR5 is saying.
Shadowrun, Fifth Edition, page 462
Dodge Scoot: This is an electric-powered scooter with a top speed of don’t make me laugh. It’s compact, fuel-efficient, and super-affordable, but no self-respecting shadowrunners would be caught dead on one.

freudqo
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Nov 2 2016, 09:33 PM) *
I have had characters actually use the Scoot. Not only is is Cheap, it is ubiquitous in the city. You blend with the masses and do not stand out. smile.gif
Of course, if you are using it to run away from Corporate Security, you may have issues. smile.gif

I could have said exactly the same thing. And I'd bet you'd call them shadowrunners. And they were self-respecting. But to be honest, if you planned to use it to run away from Corp Sec, you had issues from the beginning biggrin.gif .

@Nath: Thanks. Glyph is the first one who mentioned it here, and I mixed up if it was from SRA or SR5. I really like that they quite say the opposite about it than what first edition said. Tells a lot.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (freudqo @ Nov 2 2016, 03:09 PM) *
I could have said exactly the same thing. And I'd bet you'd call them shadowrunners. And they were self-respecting. But to be honest, if you planned to use it to run away from Corp Sec, you had issues from the beginning biggrin.gif .

@Nath: Thanks. Glyph is the first one who mentioned it here, and I mixed up if it was from SRA or SR5. I really like that they quite say the opposite about it than what first edition said. Tells a lot.

Shadowrunners... Check. Self-Respecting... Check (mostly). Never plan to run away on a Scoot, you are going to be very disappointed. smile.gif
freudqo
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Nov 2 2016, 11:18 PM) *
Shadowrunners... Check. Self-Respecting... Check (mostly). Never plan to run away on a Scoot, you are going to be very disappointed. smile.gif

In the meanwhile, if you didn't plan and that's your only solution, you also might end up nicely surprised if you make it. If.
Sendaz
Submitted by Danny Yūn‎ in the Shadowrunners' Union FB:

When your Street Sam never forgets his humble roots:

When he started this thing, he could only afford a Dodge Scoot. Now that he's solved his cash flow problems, is it a Yamaha No-Dachi? Harley Davidson Scorpion?

That Scoot treated him right, now it's time to return the favor!

Murderhobos grow up from that Street lifestyle, plain armor jacket and an uzi to sleek Katanas, Sleeping Tigers, Ares Alphas, and Monofilament bolas, riding right at death on a completely yerzed-out death scooter.

Yerzed Out r4
High Lifestyle Upgrades
Alarm System 3 (with a Dread/DMSO mixture)
Extra Seating (that electric scooter sidecar, ya'll!)
Concealed Forward Facing Weapon Mount sporting an Ares Alpha
Chameleon Coating
Signature Masking r4
Gecko Tips for Small Vehicles

Dodge Scoot goes for 3000 nuyen. He threw in another 30,000.

Ride in style.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...amp;oe=58D0DE38
--------------------------

So not unlike Life, you get out of it what you put into it. biggrin.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Awesome, Sendaz...
Ever thought of working for one of my Subsidiaries? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012