Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangled Currents - OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Imladir
I finally found an image I really like for this new Cynthia, here.

Though of course she won't have that expression in general ^^
Bastard
Mercy,

I believe the Savalette Guardian only gets a single BF per round, so I added one roll into my post. Ready for the next. Also, Invisible Castle isn't working. Is there another you can suggest for rolls so I can link them?
Mercy
I use orokos.com.
Sakuro
Coyotecode.net is one of the dice roller sites that I use.
Beta
QUOTE (Mercy @ Jun 4 2017, 05:52 AM) *
I use orokos.com.

I don't know the others, but I also like Orokos. Pretty simple to use, it logs your rolls for future reference, has been extremely stable, and gives you a bit of code you can copy over with the results, like shown below:

sample roll: 9d6t5 2

On the screen when you roll, it shows you the full results, such as this one with exploding sixes shown: 15d6h5: 5 [15d6h5=4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1, 5, [6, 3], 1, 3, [6, 3], 5, [6, 2]]

And btw, their coding for SR dice is #d6t5 where # is the number of dice to roll. For exploding sixes the coding is #d6h5
Imladir
orokos too for me.
Though it's been a while since I had to roll for something :o
fibericon
Sorry for the delay - didn't feel so hot over the weekend. Back at it now, though.
Imladir
It's back.
I think I'll see about making a backup of my threads...
Beta
QUOTE (Imladir @ Jun 8 2017, 03:19 PM) *
It's back.
I think I'll see about making a backup of my threads...

Beat me to it. Also, I think that some period of time was lost. I was looking at a couple of threads where I'm pretty certain there were more responses than are showing up now.
Imladir
Except that my message was about this one, not the official one. Look at the date ^^
Beta
QUOTE (Imladir @ Jun 10 2017, 06:38 PM) *
Except that my message was about this one, not the official one. Look at the date ^^

Doh! Sorry, I only looked at the time, interested to see how long they'd been up.
Imladir
No problem.
By the way, to save a thread you just have to click print and save the page, the number of answers doesn't matter, you'll get everything in a single page.
Imladir
Looks like we're all on DS now with Ennui arriving.
I have saved / formatted your thread on the official forum, want me to send it to you? Or maybe post it in your thread here? You'd need to move your current answer in the bottom once I'm done, but it shouldn't be much trouble.
Mercy
Moving it here is fine. I can move the answer. Thank you very much.
Imladir
It's done.
Lizzie's dialogues aren't coloured though, since Ennui didn't use the "" to delimit her speeches, only colour. Printing a subject doesn't keep colours so the script can't see where it's speech and where it's only descriptions.
Shouldn't be too much of an issue since it's just a backup anyway.
Mercy
Thank you very much for doing that for us.
Bastard
QUOTE (Mercy @ Jun 3 2017, 10:52 PM) *
I use orokos.com.

QUOTE (Sakuro @ Jun 4 2017, 07:41 AM) *
Coyotecode.net is one of the dice roller sites that I use.

QUOTE (Beta @ Jun 4 2017, 11:11 AM) *
I don't know the others, but I also like Orokos. Pretty simple to use, it logs your rolls for future reference, has been extremely stable, and gives you a bit of code you can copy over with the results, like shown below:
sample roll: 9d6t5 2

On the screen when you roll, it shows you the full results, such as this one with exploding sixes shown: 15d6h5: 5 [15d6h5=4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1, 5, [6, 3], 1, 3, [6, 3], 5, [6, 2]]

And btw, their coding for SR dice is #d6t5 where # is the number of dice to roll. For exploding sixes the coding is #d6h5

QUOTE (Imladir @ Jun 4 2017, 11:13 AM) *
orokos too for me.
Though it's been a while since I had to roll for something :o

Thanks everyone. I used orokos for my last roll. To be honest, I thought you were sending me to a Greek yogurt website at first.
Mercy
Dang it, that's where I WAS sending you. You must have misspelled the name when you were looking for it.
Imladir
QUOTE (Mercy @ Jun 13 2017, 06:06 AM) *
Thank you very much for doing that for us.

No problem, with the script already done it took me more time to post than to format all that.
Mercy
Been a real busy few days for me. I will try to get something up tonight after work.
Jack_Spade
@all

Mercy is on vacation but has trouble logging in on dumpshock - he'll try to post but might get delayed till Wednesday
Bastard
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jul 3 2017, 02:58 AM) *
@all

Mercy is on vacation but has trouble logging in on dumpshock - he'll try to post but might get delayed till Wednesday

Thanks for letting us know.
Mercy
I was delayed a day but am back now. I am sorry for the lack of opportunity to post while I was on my vacation.
Imladir
No worries, we survived. Wouldn't want you to get in troubles with the wife ^^

QUOTE (Bastard @ Jul 7 2017, 01:56 AM) *
Perception (12): 2 successes [4, 4, 1, 5, 6, 2, 1, 1, 4, 1, 4, 4] orokos

On Orokos if you just click on the bbcode (line that says Copy pasta: link bbcode), and copy the content of the box it opens, you get everything nicely formatted. In the case of the roll I quoted, it gives: Perception - Safehouse external recon: 12d6 37

And by doing that, we can see you do not use the right format, you should use 12d6t5 and it counts the successes by itself. Something like that: Negotiation: 15d6t5 5
Bastard
QUOTE (Imladir @ Jul 6 2017, 05:03 PM) *
On Orokos if you just click on the bbcode (line that says Copy pasta: link bbcode), and copy the content of the box it opens, you get everything nicely formatted. In the case of the roll I quoted, it gives: Perception - Safehouse external recon: 12d6 37

And by doing that, we can see you do not use the right format, you should use 12d6t5 and it counts the successes by itself. Something like that: Negotiation: 15d6t5 5

Thanks. That makes it easier.
Imladir
Previous update on 30/05.

Active PCs:
CODE
Preston:   Monday   11/06 - 12:31 (+5h)
Johnny:    Tuesday  12/06 - 12:07 (+1h03m)
Cynthia:   Thursday 13/06 - 18:49 (+5h35m)
Meira:     Tuesday  13/06 - 20:07 (+31h02m)
Annex:     Friday   15/06 - 12:22 (+1h58m)

[ Spoiler ]
Imladir
Just realised that Cynthia got her first birthday last week (with 857 messages) smile.gif
fibericon
Came down with something over the weekend. I'll try to be back at it tomorrow.
Mercy
I was wondering why I had not heard from you. Get well.
Bastard
How long is it going to take Johnny to walk around the lake?
Mercy
Won't have to walk around the lake. There is a trail that leaves from the parking lot that goes around the lake, but you will be taking a path that brakes from the trail after a couple of hundred yards. Depending on how slow you wish to go, it might take about twenty to twenty-five minutes to get to the yard at the back of the house.
Bastard
Sorry for long delay. Ended up working a lot of hours this week, right up until I had to leave town for a planned vacation.
Mercy
We will continue when you get back. Have fun.
Bastard
I am back. Just trying to post with a 3 year old climbing on me. spin.gif
Bastard
Any heavy pistols in the trunk? I might want to go in with extra fire-power. I assume the team we went up against at least had a AP5 or something.
Mercy
All three of the pistols are Predator V heavy pistols.
Imladir
QUOTE (Sakuro @ Aug 16 2017, 08:10 AM) *
"What would you need both to set up a Host for the Willow Tree, and improve the matrix security without a Host?"

There are no rules, nowhere. From Data Trails, we know that Hosts can be cultivated, since with a Deep Run, you can increase the level of the Host. It's dangerous, it takes time, but if feasible. The problem is that nowhere is it said how one can create a Host. There are discussions on the official forum about that, such as that one.

No matter what, it should be expensive. Better idea than a Host might be just a high quality 'link (to get a good firewall) with the most important devices slaved to it. It's reasonably cheap, and efficient enough (you could get a firewall of 6 or 7 without paying too much). It won't stop a decent hacker for long, but it's a start.
Mercy
Thank you for the link to that discussion. Hosts can be expensive. They may have to start low and improve over time.
Bastard
QUOTE (Mercy @ Aug 18 2017, 07:22 AM) *
If you wait three minutes, you might be able to get to the rear of the house while both teams are out of sight.

Shouldn't I be coming up from the rear of the house from the trail? If the front is facing me, that would mean I would have to cross the street. Before I do that I want to make sure I am oriented correctly.
Mercy
You are at the rear of the house. I was saying that you could cross the open area to get to the house while the guard teams are around the front.
Bastard
I wanted to get to the front of the house.
Mercy
OK. You can still watch carefully and make your way to the front. There will be more guards there.
Bastard
Is the shed inside or outside the patrol route? Johnny is going to check the door and use it for cover for one pass.
Mercy
The shed is like one of those Rubbermaid things and is just off the patio. The door to it is open and you think you see some patio furniture stored there. Perhaps that is where the lounger the woman was on came from. Where it is located would be well inside the patrol route.
Bastard
Had a water leak in my house, so I have been living out of a duffle bag, trying to figure out if the insurance is going to cover me in the hotel one more night, each night. I will try to post from my phone as I can.
Mercy
I am sorry to hear that. No pressure from here.
Mercy
I am AFK for a few hours driving my granddaughter to her gymnastics meet. I will get on when I can.
Bastard
Sorry for delays. I am still around. I had a long summer. Still haven't had my wall rebuilt from the water leak. Wife's piece of shit Dodge is having computer problems again. Fortunately the bank fucked up my financing for a remodel project and lost my down payment, so I had extra money to buy another vehicle. It wasn't a Dodge.
Mercy
Sorry to hear of your problems. The thread is not going anywhere so take your time.
Mercy
Sorry, people. I was working late and just got home wasted. I need to sleep and will try to post in the morning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012