Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangled Currents--Lizzie
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Ennui
I pause at the entrance.
What the hell is this? I say glancing askance at SIan.
Mercy
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where

Sian sighs. "It is a dark garage, Isla. I had hoped that you would want to experiment with your new powers. However, if you are done for now.................."

She waves a hand and the room beyond lights up. Looking back through the portal, you see that you are standing at a doorway into what appears to be a small auto garage that has probably not been used in years. Several rats scurry away into the shadows and you can see an old car sitting on jacks off to one side. Several cluttered work benches line the walls and you can see a large utility door opposite you and a couple of open doors leading to rooms off to your right.

"Remember that you are a mage, Isla, and have been given a small look into a world very different from what you have been used to. Rather than look to me for an answer to this, you could have answered the question yourself by applying what you have learned and created your own light. Still, you are new to this and will grow in your wisdom as you grow in your strength and power.
Ennui
Post 10

I was under the impression we were leaving so Seductress didn't get more upset with me. I was expecting to go back to my body. Honestly I think I'd like to experiment with it in the meat instead. I expect that's where I will be using it the most after all.
Mercy
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where

Sian nods. "Once you step through the portal, you will be in your body, Isla, and this phase of your training will be completed. Every time you use your new abilities you will learn a bit more about them and about yourself. Be careful out there."
Ennui
Post 11

I nod to Sian and step through the portal. I slide back into my body and give a good stretch. I blearily stare around the room hazily remembering what I had been doing.

Right. Alvin Corse and his human trafficking, solidifying my power base in Redmond, drug manufacturing. Pretty much in that order too. I check my com to see what date and time it is. I hear the meta planes can be weird like that.

[ Spoiler ]
Mercy
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 Inside an Abandoned Garage, Seattle

Before you step through, Sian tells you that her light spell will only last a short time. Once through the portal, it closes and you are alone in the abandoned garage. Your 'link indicates that you have spent zero time gone, but you are certainly not in the same place.
Ennui
Post 12

I spend the better part of the hours playing around with the magic. First I connect to the Net to find out where I am and direct my bike to my location. Then I create my own light like I had been taught in the meta-planes. I practice holding power and releasing it making illusions and lighting a small fire in a trash barrel I find. Once satisfied and my bike arrives I head home.

[ Spoiler ]
Mercy
Thursday 13 June 2075 2115 Inside an Abandoned Garage, Seattle

Exploring the structure leads you to believe that you are actually in a basement of some kind. The garage door opens onto a ramp leading to the outside and the crisp night air. Your impromptu practice session goes well and you seem to be improving your ability slightly. Your bike arrives and you store it off to the side as you continue to practice.

OOC

You spent zero time on the metaplane with reference to this one. Only your location changed.
Ennui
Post 13

I stand at the entrance to the garage a little dumbfounded and frozen in a moment of hesitation and indecision. So many threads are tugging her in so many directions at once it almost feels like I might unravel but then I realize I'm grinning like an idiot. I'm enjoying this. I feel alive. I feel powerful. I feel like I've been asleep for so long and I just woke up from a long and fulfilling rest. My future unfolds in front of me in a panoramic vista of opportunities and adventure. I want it all, but what do I want first.

I probably better go smooth things over with Seductress. I hop on the bike and head for home and lodge for the necessary protections.

OOC: Since Isla is a night owl and I started this right after she woke up I think your times are probably off by about 8 hours. It would have been 1900 hours when I woke up and 3 more have passed so it should be around midnight.
Mercy
Friday 14 June 2075 0025 Inside an Abandoned Garage, Seattle

The ride home had given you a bit of time to think and set your priorities. Arriving back at your building, you head up to your empty apartment. Wait, not so empty, A form is asleep, curled up on one of the chairs, a blanket partially around her and mostly on the floor. Glinda stirs as you enter the room, straightening out and stretching. "Hello, Isla."
Ennui
Post 14

"Good morning. Thank you again for last night. I needed that. I say smiling at Glinda. I walk purposefully to the altar and sit cross legged in front of it to prepare myself for, hopefully a quick, astral jaunt. Pardon me. I have some feathers I need to un-ruffle.

I project from the safety of my lodge and go to "our place". I'm not entirely sure where it is in the real world but I've been here countless times in the astral. I can always reach her here.

Mistress? I have heard you are not pleased my my recent choices. I can only be me. That power called to me and I am too curious of a cat not to investigate. I don't want to abandon you...I hope you don't want to abandon me.

I've done as you've asked. I've found the secret of Alvin Course's power. He is not at all what he appears. I hope to soon have him deeply in our debt and wrapped around my little finger. I would appreciate a little more direction on this. I don't want to cut off something of his you might want.
Mercy
Friday 14 June 2075 0100 Isla's Apartment, Seattle

The woman that appears to you stirs your body. "Yes, I am disappointed in you. Disappointed and displeased. The power that......that thing offers is an aberration, an abomination. There are no rules to her sort of power, only false promises. You are far better served to remain firmly with what you already know. I would advise you to carefully consider your future path."

The woman seems to shake herself a bit. "As to Alvin Course, I am glad that you have not forgotten or ignored what I have asked of you. I expect you to seduce him to your needs. I have no real interest in him other than seeing you progress in your own abilities in that regard. You may do with him as you wish."
Ennui
Post 15

I go to her. I reach up and touch her face gently and bring her to look me in the eyes. What is Sian to you? I have never seen you this troubled but you refuse to tell me. You know me better than anyone. You had to have known what I would have chosen when you acted like that. What is she, that she could throw you off your game in such a manner? I know she is dangerous, but is she a threat? I deal with dangerous people all the time and I'd rather they think me an ally.
Mercy
Friday 14 June 2075 0100 Isla's Apartment, Seattle

The woman's beautiful face softens for a moment then her eyes flash and she steps away. "You are one of my prizes. Your potential is immense. Even this body feels a pull to you." The body shudders and the woman takes a step backwards. "Part of you is already corrupted by her lies and her magic. She is danger and she is death and she seeks the end of all other magic but hers. And the death of all other magicians but those that follow her. The spirits she calls come from places I have no knowledge of. They are beings of power and death. Do you know how many mages she has led to die and how many have survived her training. No, I will tell you. Many have died and only that creature in the other room has survived. Do not be foolish enough to be tempted to her way of magic, as it will be the end of you."
Ennui
post 16

[ Spoiler ]

"Very well I will keep her close to me so I can keep an eye on her," I say. Until then try to keep calm and remember you have taught me to think deeply and for myself. Offering me easy way outs and making demands are not good ways to motivate me. I know that power takes sacrifice and attention to detail. I have not chosen an easy path. I will not trivialize it.

I leave Seductress with those words and go back to my body. I look around a bit until I find the files on Alvin Course. In particular the type of woman he likes and I sit around conniving a bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012