Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Umbrae Europae [IC] (part 3) - Mist of Nycthemeron
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Haywire

Waywalker shared his findings with Rex and replied: "I think we should be sure about the portal before dropping our information in the shop. Maybe someone talked about it in some obscure forum?"

[ Spoiler ]
Romain Pelisse
The Kami replied mentally to his summoner:

"Sadly, no, oh my master. I had barely started my investigations. Also it is quite hard for me to find for you something as.... abstract as a 'portal'. My ability works better if you have a good mental image of the target. Or even better if you have already seen once the object. To your bidding, I would need to assense suspicious auras and unexplained echoes in the astral. I was going to do so, but I advise against when I realized I was not... alone here."

The Kami could feel Rex's disappointment so he replied to the mage's second question:

"Oh my master, I think you may be able to do a better job than me from the physical realm. As I've mentioned the astral here is very, strange and confusing. It is quite hard to match what one's see and what is actually your plane of existence. I would recommend you came here on your own, maybe astrally to get the lay of the land and then maybe go on the site in plane of existence. Finding such portal is not an easy task. They are rare and well hidden. It's no simple task... Otherwise others would have simply tasked a meek Kami like myself to do it and already found it."

In the meantime, Waywalker was searching the matrix for references to such a portal. At first, all he could find was a series of unexplained disappearances in the direct vicinity of Montmartre. A few artists, not so successful but somehow surviving, have disappeared regularly. Horizon, in charge of keeping Paris as touristic friendly actually file several reports of missing persons to the Police National. The megacorporation even bother to fill again the dozen of cases when Renraku's Neo PD took over Paris contract in January. Neo PD had yet to publish any kind of results on the matter.

Looking in local forums, he found some expected rumors and ghost stories. Some people said to avoid the place at night, especially after midnight. Most of the disappearances reported to Neo PD seems to have happened, indeed, late at night. Taking a better look at the calendar, the decker even noticed that ten of the disappearance happened on new moon night. Waywalker then went back to the awakened forum he browsed earlier to see what the magically active population of Paris was saying about Montmartre.

Not surprisingly, Waywalker saw several mentions of the presence of a portal nearby. Many awakened of Paris had come to this conclusion, and suspected the disappearance to be tied to it, but had no clue where the portal would be located. On the most recent entry, Waywalker also learn that the university of Fontainebleau, backed by the [url=https://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Astral_Space_Preservation_Society)[/url]Astral Space Preservation Society, were rumored to have a task force made of arcanoarcheologist currently investigating the astral site. Sadly, Waywalker could not find any confirmation on the University feeds. If such project was ongoing, the University has deemed unwise to talk about it. Looking at all the exchange, Waywalker kind of wish we could perceived the astral. The awakened who had peeked through the astral over there reported incredible things, often difficult to describe.
Jack_Spade
"Alright, thank you for your service so far, I'll do as you suggested. I'll call upon you again if I may." With that, Rex dismissed the faithful Kami.

To his partner he said: <<Alright, it seems as if it's a bit more complicated to find this portal. I'll need a place were I can savely leave my body behind and since that isn't entirely possible right now, I'll do the next best thing and ask a Kami to take watch. So for the next our or so, don't wonder if my body doesn't respond to matrix signals - it will be just a Kami left inside to keep the lights on.>>

[ Spoiler ]
Romain Pelisse
After leaving his body, it took Rex a little while to leave the premise of the forest and find its bearing. One travel at the speed of mind in the astral space, but one needs to have good sense of where one is going. As Rex astral form left the forest their hideout was hidden within and reach the city limits of Paris the astral space changed almost completely. As he was zapping through the city he almost got overwhelmed by flashes of the past - like a scene of an arrest during WW2 occupation, or by historical landmark that were as present in the astral as on the physical plane. As he passed nearby the Notre Dame he was not surprised to spot not one but several other aura flying around the building. The sight from the astral was magnificent.

The impressive building looked exactly liked he was just finished. Actually he could spot monks working on finishing the gargoyles and peasants carrying stones in chariots at the foot of the numerous spires of the church. Those were mere echoes from the past but Rex did lost a second or two enjoying the view before flying down toward the north of Paris. He soon arrived in the vicinity of Pigalles. There was again flash and echoes of the past but also a strong smell of sexual tension, depredation and despair, all mixed in strange flux of different kinds of music. It was dizzying...

At least Rex found the church on top of Montmartre, the one called Le Sacré Coeur. As he expected, this one turned out to have a far more palatable astral but was also aligned with a different kind of magic than his (theurgy he expected). Rex disliked feeling the background count messing with his magic but fortunately for him, he did not had to stay too long. First he did not spot anything suspicious that could to a portal but also the astral space in the direct surrounding of the church was "too clean" (sort of) to be hiding be able to hide something like a portal.

He then moved to the famous little place where some many painters of the past have spends months or even years perfecting their craft. To the mage despair there was there again a distinct astral background which would affect his magic - but not too much he quickly assessed. Echoes of the past and other flashes of previous events were again a frequent occurrences here. It was difficult to distinguished them for reflection of the physical realms. To make matter worth, most building were so ancient that they were fully present in the astral and thus difficult to scout on. Nevertheless the mage carried on...

[ Spoiler ]

... However, the mage was quickly interrupted. He was barely there for an instant that he spot a couple of astral entities also in the vicinity. Being careful he opted to first try to not be spot.

[ Spoiler ]
Haywire

Waywalker was intrigued by his findings. "So this university keeps its mouth shut, eh? I'll have a look in their host."

[ Spoiler ]
Jack_Spade
[ Spoiler ]

Rex kept in the shadows of the astral representations of the surrounding buildings and watched them a bit, but avoided to pierce their auras with his gaze, lest they noticed him before he could be sure about the danger they might pose.

Romain Pelisse
Locating the host of Fontainebleau on the Matrix was easy, it was , as expected, hovering around the university location nearby Paris. However this was but the public host, finding the one were the research and project was a bit more tricky but Waywalker has been exploring the matrix long enough to spot it. A simple 3d dimension diamond, hovering above one of the main building turns out to be the host he was looking for. Taking a look at it, he quickly found out that the university had not saved any money on their matrix security.

[ Spoiler ]

But in the end, it did not matter. Waywalker was not just good, he was the best. Without anyone noticing, he got a MARK on the host and went inside. And his brain almost immediately hurt.

Not from an IC attack or a spider blasting his cyberdeck with data spike. Not just form the virtual reality used here. Data and icons were flying, left and right, at a pace he had rarely thing. Everything we designed to ensure a maximum rate of exchange but also a constant "ping pong" of ideas between persona. This was so exhausting that Waywalker's persona first found shelter into a virtual classroom where a guest professor from the People University in California where giving a lecture to students across the world. This gave a minute to Waywalker to find his marks (not MARK) and decide what to do next...

In the meantime, in the astral space, Rex managed to stay out of sight of the few entities he had spot. Those appears to be standing still but not have noticed him.
Jack_Spade
"No risk, no gain." Rex thinks to himself before daring to assense the assembled crowd from the relative safety of his hiding spot.

[ Spoiler ]
Haywire

Waywalker sent a text to Rexmì, knowing he would read it later: "Maybe I should email the University to up their Matrix security, there is almost no challenge..."He was amazed at the amount of data, and messages, and videos being exchanged between personas. He almost had nausea at the sight of it.
Next step was to locate the area of the host where the arcano-archeologist data and/or the data of the Astral Space Preservation Society were...

[ Spoiler ]
Romain Pelisse
Rex read the aura of one of the entity as carefully as he could, trying, as much as possible, to not attract any attention to himself. Fortunately for the mage, the astral traveller he was investigating was too busy observing the astral phenomenon to even realize his aura was being read. He was a young adult, male probably around twenty years old. No dark spot on his aura confirmed to Rex that the young man had no cyberware. Currently, he was excited and passionate by what he was doing, which apparently, in his mind, was akin to work.

As the other auras appears to be working together with the one he was reading, Rex concluded quickly that he was witnessing a group of arcano-archaeologists, investigating the astral phenomenon. Unbeknownst to him, his companion was soon going to be able to tell him more about it.

Indeed, now inside the host of the Fontainebleau University, Waywalker had perform a deep search into the files and project data available to him. The result has aggregated, almost immediately, into one file by the system. Sadly, as part of the information were classified, Waywalker saw right away that the file was consequently protected. Some work will need to be done if the decker wants to know more about this research done in the vicinity of Montmartre...
Jack_Spade
Rex decided to try to learn about the phenomenom himself as well. Still without disturbing the others, he changed position to get a better look on what they were staring at.

[ Spoiler ]
Haywire

Waywalker icon smiled as he saw the results of his work. "Well, at least they are not so foolish to leave the data unsecured..."

[ Spoiler ]
Romain Pelisse
Rex was not the best when it came to read and interpret aura. He generally delegated this kind of things to his Kami. However, today, against all odds, he was pretty good at it. Following the activities of the other astral visitor, he quickly realized that the astral here was in fact limitless. By gazing into the aura of any corner of the streets and building, flashes of the past suddenly appeared in front of Rex's eyes. Those flashes were fascinating. The nature of the astral allow Rex to see how things exactly happened, but also feel the emotion of the people involved. No wonder why Fontainbleau decides to lunch a project to investigate this arcano-archaeological site!

On his Waywalker was cracking the file associated to this exact research. The encryption was rather high but not enough to stop Waywalker hacking skills! The file now opened Waywalker went on to try to copy and was barely able to do it! Maybe the host finally realized that something fishy was happening because as Waywalker finished copy the file over, he spot an IC being launched. He had time however to step out of the host and jack out before the IC could do anything to his persona.

[ Spoiler ]

A few instant later, Waywalker was back online, with no more overwatch tied to his Persona and could thus study the file with all the comfort of VR. The research content itself was gibberish to decker. The french was difficult to translate for his linguasoft and most used to esoteric or magical lexicon that was way above his own magical knowledge. He was sure Rex would be able to understand it but he knew by context that those reports were not about. Also because those were NOT the encrypted part.

The encrypted part were actually about the finance of the projects and also some exchange with "anonymous" sponsor being the research. Of course, the anonymity disappeared in the encrypted segment of the file and Waywalker was thus able to uncover that the all project was paid by only one organization: the Astral Space Preservation Society.

Also, in the exchange between the teachers and their contact at the society, a french-Vietnamese Ork named Tran Nguyen Huu, it was clear that the society were using the research as a cover to try to the locate the rumored portal. Apparently, Tran had access to some expert who confirmed to him that there must have been a portal nearby. If the students have not been made aware, the teacher running the project, Elisa Duquesne was fully aware of it and really much trying to please the ASPS. Sadly, she was not making too much progress, at least not enough according to Tran...

Jack_Spade
After a few minutes, Rex returned to his body - not entirely satisfied with what he had found out so far. Studends poking around would make it harder to keep the place for the trap secured. But then it would also make their story more belivable as well.
Talking to Waywalker to inform him about what he found, Rex learned that the ASPS was behind this.
<<It's getting more complicated. Maybe we should talk to this Elisa. Tell her that we are fellow researchers looking for the gate. Maybe there is cooperation possible.>>
Haywire

Waywalker paused for a moment to focus his thoughts. "Obviously these guys do not know where the portal is, or else we would know too. The ASPS does not know shit too.
What if we first find the portal to Kadath? Do you think, from the documents, we could succeed at finding the portal somehow? I'm relying on your mojo knowledge; I'm in the dark here.
If yes, we should rush, if not we can try to cooperate with this professor and I'll upload a fake curriculum for us in a believable university host."
Jack_Spade
<<I'm not particularly good at doing stuff like this myself - and the book is pretty vague on all of it. This whole place is like a haystack - and I have no idea what the needle looks like.
If we can get a good description of what the gate should look like, I might have a chance to narrow it down with the book but also by calling on a more powerful Kami.
Use your fake credentials that you used for the library - the student should still be out of Paris for a little while longer.>>

Rex replied.
Haywire

"Ok, at this point we need to find Kadath and we're unable to get to it on our own. So be it. I was wondering: what if I made up some credential in the ASPS? We could say we've been sent by them, and the professor could not deny us help. What do you think?"
Jack_Spade
<<Risky. I don't know enough about them and their business to feed you lines. Appearing as a student I could probably manage. Keep it simple. >>
Rex replied
Haywire

"Right. But then I should plant some information on the University Host, to appear legitimate..."
Jack_Spade
<<Haven't you done so already? Tss, are you getting old, or something wink.gif Come on, we've got to get to know that nice female prof>>
Rex replied, making sure Waywalker realized that he was just teasing him a bit.
Haywire

"I have not seen a photo of her... I hope she's a nice lady and nothing like my teacher of Math!"
Waywalker laughed and then went limp in VR.

[ Spoiler ]
Romain Pelisse
[ Spoiler ]

It did not took that much work for Waywalker to plant some data to help them pretend to be student. With a little hack he added some information to make their cover appears legit. Of course, if anyone were to check out an external source, like the company supposed to vet the student or simply pass a couple of phone calls, the all cover will be blown. There was little reason for anyone to do so, but to be cautious, the runners will have now to act promptly before someone - or some IC, noticed the discrepancies.
Haywire

"I'm ready to go, but I'll rely on you for the mojo-speak, or I'll blow our cover..."
Jack_Spade
<<Don't worry, I'll play the helpful guide dog and keep you on track. Still, it will be best if I disguise your aura a bit beforehand.>>
Rex replied and got to work at once.

[ Spoiler ]

Haywire

Waywalker looked on the Matrix for Professor Duquesne's commlink, to text a message: "Hello Professor Duquesne, I'm a new student assigned to your reasearch project by the University. When could I meet you?"

[ Spoiler ]
Romain Pelisse
The professor answered Waywalker almost immediately. And she was clearly not pleased.

"You've been assigned to my project? First I hear of it? Who's the frag authorize this? This is a sensible project, I cannot add random members to it before a proper vetting. It's not a cat shelter! I'm not here to pick up stray cat in the street. Let me call the dean to clarify this right away..."

[ Spoiler ]
Jack_Spade
[ Spoiler ]

Rex listened in on the conversation and told Waywalker: <<She's overworked, tell you that you were send to ease her workload. Make it clear that you don't need to be added to the group and would just as easily support one of her colleagues instead.>>
Haywire

Waywalker responded to the Professor Duquesne: "I'm sorry if I caused you any problems; I was sent to help you and ease your workload. If you want I can support one of your colleagues instead."

[ Spoiler ]
Romain Pelisse
Rex message came in just in time and Waywalker was able to reply to the professor before she hang up. And his reply score him some point because she paused for a second.

"Hum... Well, I guess that we are swamped. There is some authorization process to consider that appears to be missing. Arg, this is a mess. I don't know who the frag hacked this thing together but it is some shoddy work."

Waywalker refrained to smile as she said the work "hacked". She had no idea how close she was to the truth.

"OK, I'll deal with that when I have time. You are right, we need help and I can think about a dozen low priority tasks you can most likely accomplished without proper accreditation. Drop by my office at the end of the day, we'll do a quick on boarding meeting and I'll check if your skill set is worth going through the approval process."

As she hang up, Waywalker received an ARO containing an invitation to come to her office in few hours. The runners discussed for a while, to prepare the meet, and figure out how to park nearby the university without being filmed by all the camera around. Fontainebleau is not part of Paris but the security in the vicinity is almost as high as within the capital. Despite, they found a place to park a few blocks away from the professor's offices.

[ Spoiler ]

Waywalker could have got lost in the never ending corridor of the University but fortunately for him the ARO including an AR plan that leads directly to the office. He also had to cross a couple of security doors. But no scanner that would be able to notice his cyberdeck. It was lucky but it still did not make Waywalker comfortable. If the meet goes bad and it's time to bolt out of Dodge, going back to the van will not be a simple affair.

The hacker paused for an instant, in front of the wooden door of her office, took a deep breath and knock. Dusquesnes replied immediately, in french: "Entrez!". Waywalker knew enough about the language to know it meant "come in".

"Ah, here you are. Sorry, since we had a chat earlier today, I had to deal with a lot of things and our meeting escaped my mind. Your file in the system is pretty confusing. I did not even know that you were awakened! How on Earth did you ended up being assigned to this project?"
Jack_Spade
Rex had decided to brave the mana barriers with Waywalker - most of all so the spells he had woven onto him did not get disrupted. That necessitated him to move slowly, so Rex had time to attune him and his spells to the different barriers before slipping them through. He also needed to be around to watch the astral, so he could tell Waywalker what he was supposed to see.
Rex had taken the form of a rather small Retreiver to bring the maximum of cuteness into the meeting.

At the moment he kept himself in the background, but letting his friend know: <<Say that there are at least three other students with your name and that you've had trouble before with the administration mixing the details up. She's the type to despise bureocrats>>
Haywire

Waywalker smiled at the hint of hacking of the professor.
"I'm sorry, but my name is a pretty common one, and I've already had some trouble with this kind of paperwork. Yes, I am Awakened but my talent is not enough to cast spells... I requested to partecipate in a project focusing on the arcane side of the city, so I can put in my CV and in my thesis, and I was assigned at your research team."
Waywalker stood and smiled as he talked, waiting for the professor's reply.
Romain Pelisse
Rex's psychology analysis of Professor Dusquenes was spot on:

"Incredible! Those damn bureaucrats can still handle properly students having the same name. In these day and age" - she added, shacking her head.

"Well, I'll guess we'll have to rise to the circumstance and do the best of bad situation, don't we? So, let me see what I can do with you..." and then she closed her eyes and started, very obviously, reading Waywalker's aura. It was obvious by her attitude, but the hacker could also feel the slight change of temperature on the room - a common phenomenon tied to what some awakened called "mana bleed".

As the temperature slightly lowered in the room, Waywalker also had a strange sensation along his spine. A bit like if he was suddenly visited by some invisible ghost. Looking at the professor he could see her closed glimmer and shine. As a shadowrunner, it was not the first time he had his aura read but it remains a painless but uncomfortable feeling.Especially factoring in that she might see through Rex's mana illusion and call security!

Her reading barely lasted a second but it felt longer to the decker. She opened her eyes and continued:

"You are right, you are far from being the most potent awakened student I have, but you are in lucky, there is so much to do on this project that I'm sure I'll find a useful to use you Talent to the maximum."

Waywalker breathed a bit more easy. The professor appeared to be fouled by Rex's spell and will not be calling security right away. Now remained for the runners to steer the discussion in the right way for them...
Jack_Spade
Rex kept himself small as not to draw attention from the irritable professor, still he gave Waywalker a few pointers:
<<Ask her first where the most work is to do at the moment, then try to flatter her a bit and finally mention how exited you are to have a chance to find an astral gate>>
Haywire

"I'm looking forward to my work with you. Where is that I could help more? I've herd great things about your reaserches and I am excited to witness them firsthand. An astral gate is not something you see in the eleven o' clock news..."
Romain Pelisse
At the mention of an astral gate, the professor Dusquenes immediately frowned:

"Astral gate? You've been quite misinformed, young man, this is project is dedicated to analyzing and categorizing echo of the past on an arcanoarcheologic site. You've been informed, we are not looking for an astral gate... or any astral gate..."

As the woman kept mumbling, Waywalker knew that she was lying. She had been caught quite off-guard by his question and she was keeping up with the pretense that this project was about arcanoarcheology, but the runners knew better - thanks to their little hacking expedition.
Jack_Spade
Rex perked up at that reaction. Maybe it was time to learn one of those mind reading spells to cut short having to deal with bad liars all the time.
<<Don't apologize, just try to look confused. Maybe you can hack her commlink for more information.>>
Haywire

"Next time you will talk and I'll be the mind behind the scenes..."
"Was I badly informed? I'm looking for a research project to explore the arcane manifestation in the city, subject on which I'll write my thesis, and I've been counseled to look forward to you and your team..."
Romain Pelisse
The woman looked immediately reassured by Waywalker reply. Waywalker thought again that she was, for sure, not ready to work in the shadows. She had simply no talent for lying or reading people. She relaxed and continued:

"Well, this being sorted out, let's discuss what we can do with you. With your talent being so... undeveloped, I don't expect you to be able to astraly project - and even so certainly not to the extent needed for our 'echoes' gathering operation. However... Am I right to assume that you are a bit of a tech savvy? Because we got some founding from a ... anonymous sponsor, in the forms of a few of those fancy and weird looking drones. How are they called? Oh right, Bertillon drones."

On his top of his head, Waywalker never heard of those, but a quick matrix search gave him the answer. The Bertillon lines is a series of knockout of the Telestrian Shamus mentioned earlier by Rex. They are produced by a subsidiary of Dassault (a branch of Aztechnology). The name is a direct reference to Alphonse Bertillon which was part of the marketing operation about it as Dassault clearly targeted the drone to be sold to Neo-PD.

"I can see this is familiar to you. Well, we had issue with those devices. We deployed on the site, Montmartre, a couple of times, spends hours configuring them and even monitoring their progress is capturing informations on the astral and since they are back at the University, we haven't be able to recover the data. They appears to be completely glitchy. Maybe you could take a look at them? Of course, this is only a proposal maybe you have a better idea on how to integrate you to the project..."
Haywire

"Of course I can give a look at those drones. Just send me the address and I'll be there."
Jack_Spade
<<Nice, that way we can access their research and have the computers make a statistical analysis where the gate hides most likely.>> Rex sent through his feed.
<<If we manage to get her into a good mood, we might even be able to ask her about our book...>
Haywire

"Yep, that's a good idea. I'll work into that. I'd prefer to complete the task with the drone before approaching her on the book, so we can gain her trust."
Romain Pelisse
"A la bonheur! The drones are store within our facilities. Of course, they are at the other side of the campus. Here is the location and an ARO that should give you access to the storage facility. Be aware that because those are a bit pricey and actually 'corporate assets' lend to the University, security around the facility is a bit... Overzealous. However I don't expect this to be a problem."

Waywalker could however. Rex and him were very aware that their cover was far from perfect. If a security officer were to double check his credentials, this could go wrong and quickly. Going across the campus will also means staying longer and exposing themselves even more...
Haywire

"Of course it won't be a problem. I'll send you a report as soon as I can."
Waywalker walked away from the university teacher greeting her and then tried to imitate the look and the movings of other students.
"The best way to pass unnoticed is in plain sight, after all..."

[ Spoiler ]
Jack_Spade
Rex replied: <<Right, let's try to stay under their radar. If everything else fails I'll make us invisible and ask a Kami to conceal us. Actually, I'll just ask one of the Wise One's to accompany us - just in case we need to persuade a guard more effectively>>

Rex kept up with Waywalker and tried to stay both in his role as support dog and make Waywalker look non-threatening and friendly as well.

[ Spoiler ]
Romain Pelisse
Waywlaker and Rex were happy to see that they were doing a good job at looking inconspicuous. They got across the campus without anyone raising an eyebrow. They even run into a couple of security guards who ignored them after a the first look. They were now reaching an old looking building. It clearly looked like one of those cheap building, built in the beginning of the century. It was not in a good shape, but far away from the entrance of the campus, so potential students were not exposed to it the day they tour the university.

Getting closer to it, Waywalker could see that most of the classroom had been re-purposed into a storage facility of all kind. The main door and main corridor appears to be pretty large, so it was easy for the staff to get things as large as the Shamus drone inside the facility. When he got to the door he found out that it was looked by a simple key pass but it won't open with the ARO the professor Dusquenes give him. Looking in detail into the ARO, he realized that the woman mislead him to believe this would open the door, but in fact it was signed form for him to get a keycard!

And of course, now, the proper offices to do so was, again, at the other side of the campus... Also, Waywalker was not sure the frail identity Rex and he managed to build would be enough to pass the verification. Consider his options Waywalker looked around him and was happy to see he was in a rather deserted part of the campus. Taking a look, in the matrix, at the keypad it appears to rather simple one. However, it was protected by the University's host, so hacking it wirelessly might be a bit more tricky.

[ Spoiler ]
Jack_Spade
<<Do you need help? If you give me half an hour I could have a Kami call up thick fog or rain to cut down our visibility.>>
Rex asked his partner
Haywire

"I'm not particularly at moving in the meat space, so a fog or a concealment done by your mojo could help."
Jack_Spade
<<Right on, let's go over to that archway to sit on those benches and pretend to phone someone. This will take a while.>>
Rex called on a Kami of the Sea Court to call some bad weather to this area.

[ Spoiler ]

It took two hours, but very slowly the wind got fresher and clouds began to push in front of the sun. As temperatures began to fall so did the first drops of rain. After about two hours a massive rain storm had cut visibility down to a few meters and Rex called on the Kami to make them even less noticeable.
<<Sorry about the rain, but sudden fog would likely have drawn attention and wouldn't have prompted people to stay inside.>>
Haywire

"Thank you for the distraction, my coat should be enough to keep the rain at bay. I have my deck inside the cyberhand so no weather could damage it."
Waywalker proceeded to hack the keypad with the cable from his deck.

[ Spoiler ]
Romain Pelisse
It took barely a second for Waywalker, now properly shielded by the fog provided by Rex, to open the door. The few people around were too busy trying to get cover from the rain or navigating in the light fog to pay attention to him anyway. Once he sneaked inside, the decker got the confirmation that this building was in bad shape. He was no expert but between the flickering light and the stench of mold, he was sure this was not up to code to be used for classes. No wonder why they turned it into an improvised drone storage. He just hoped he would not have to stay there for too long...

Find out which room has been used to store the Shamus was no challenge. The first room on the left had a door jammed open and Waywalker saw right away the three large drones standing in it. The frame of the door was in fact a bit damaged, because the drones were too large to be stored in it and whoever decide to put them there opted for ramming the frame rather than finding a better solution. The coating of the drone was good, however, and Waywalker saw no damage left by the operation.

The drone appeared inactive but Waywalker actually noticed they were just running silent. Looking at the operation log, it looked like the operator tried to shut them now, but failed and finally, switch them to "silent mode"! Gosh, those people really had no idea of what they were doing...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012