Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Question about Concealable Holsters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
kevyn668
About the Roomsweeper again:

I haven't read the description for it in years. It still says that is pump action, right? With no mention of gas operation? Secondly if you wanna gripe about the conceal of a shotgun w/ a 6 round tube mag being 6, go right ahead. I still remember when it was 8!

Yeah, I know the gun you're talking about. IIRC, it's very small but only holds 2 or 3 rounds. Some one will post the link soon enough.
toturi
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Defendant: "It was only a little shotgun."
District Attourney: "Your honor, the term is 'Sawed-off'"

Defendent: I don't use nuthin' sawn off, Your Honor. My shotgin may be small, but it ain't sawn.
Person 404
QUOTE (kevyn668)
Yeah, I know the gun you're talking about. IIRC, it's very small but only holds 2 or 3 rounds. Some one will post the link soon enough.

Indeed, someone will.

Edit: I hardly ever say this, but damn, that's one cute shotgun.
Nikoli
Neat!
Modesitt
There's also this shotgun. Length of roughly 21.5 inches. To give you some comparison, I believe the MP5 is about 26 inches, the colt 1911 is about 8 and a half inches.
Nikoli
That is a scary little toy
Phaeton
I personally think it's odd, and would rather take the Super Shorty.

I don't trust a weird, Uzi-looking contraption to reliably fire shotgun ammunition.
Siege
QUOTE (Person 404)
QUOTE (kevyn668)

Indeed, someone will.

Edit: I hardly ever say this, but damn, that's one cute shotgun.

"Say hello to my..." </bad accent>

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You can take a standard shotgun and cut it down to almost nothing beyond the grip and enough barrel to accomodate the pump.

Pain in the ass to hold, accuracy goes to hell and recoil is a stone cold mother, but if you gotta spray ammo in close quarters it'll do the trick.

And on an average 5'10 guy, it'll lay against the body nicely under a long coat. grinbig.gif

-Siege
Drain Brain
Apologising for my Mad Max obsession, but how many of you would allow the old 2-barrell cut down coach gun in a concealable holster? Not that it matters once it's out and working hard...
broho_pcp
A. Wouldn't allow it.

B. There is nothing wrong with a Mad Max obsession; he is, by far, the coolest post apocalyptic australian road warrior ever.
Shrike30
QUOTE (Arethusa)
What do you mean? A tube mag practically is an internal mag.

The difference is how you have the rounds lined up. .410 isn't all that big around, but it's long... 2 inches a shell, if memory serves (i'm more of a 12-gauge kind of guy). So, stack 8 of them in a line, and you've got yourself 16 inches of tube mag.

If you stack them in an internal magazine (like you'd see in a bolt-action rifle), it's kinda boxy, but only 2-odd inches long. Much easier to conceal than a shotgun with a 16 inch tube. If you go the tube route, you might as well just up it to 12 gauge and call it a day... the added bulk is pretty insignificant.
Arethusa
Yeah, I figured that was what you were saying, but the terminology was somewhat confusing. Doesn't at all help that Shadowrun, being that it is Shadowrun, adds many layers of general confusion n that area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012