Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strange Days
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Fresno Bob
Since you're all an established team, why don't you tell each other about your characters? And then you can go around deciding who you like more, and such, and then BAM! it's a fleshed out group.
TinkerGnome
Not sure on what method you were wanting, so I'll just do it in the OOC.

Kat's a female human in her late teens. She's bright, charming, and attractive. When she wants to be, at least. She's also as coarse as gutter trash when she doesn't want anything out of anyone.

Somewhere along the line, she got augmented all to hell and back with some light military grade gear and her reflexes are jacked through the roof. She's a skilled user of pistols, SMGs, and stealth.
Beast of Revolutions
Cleaver is an orc sammy and a veteran runner. He has an assload of alphaware and bioware, and is skilled with pistols, assault rifles, edged weapons, and scuba diving.
Panzergeist
I play Derek "Mech" Larson, a dwarf rigger. He has two drones: a blimp and a spider. He also has a GMC Bulldog, with a drone pilot, and a big-ass walker drone loaded for bear that can be piloted remotely or from it's cramped cockpit. He runs the shadows to get the money to buy a jetpack for his mech. cyber.gif
Hunter
Reth is a paranormal hunter who doubles as a combat mage. He's shown himself to be extremely well educated and his accent suggests that he's native to Tir rather than Seattle.

He also lives downtown in the University area.
Noctum
Zeke is a former UCAS Army soldier, who left after his parents deaths in the Bug City Crisis, he worked corp security for a short time and then went Shadowrunner. He is skilled with Ass Rifles, Rifles, Pistols, SMG's, Launch Weapons and Thrown Weapons,and Unarmed Combat, edged weapons. He is also Stealthy, and has Military Knowledges. He is unable to have Cyber Mods due to his Bio-rejection, Sensitive System. He has all the Negatives of Being Magically active with none of the Benifits. He is Fully Ambidexterious, and carries Pistols and SMG's, and Cougar Fine blades he prefers non-leathal methods if possible, but has no problem dropping a mark if it is required.
Beast of Revolutions
Aside from the cost at character generation, what are the negatives to being magically active?
Fresno Bob
Intolerance to cyberware, it would seem.
Panzergeist
Except getting cyberware only takes away powers that you only have in the first place because you are awakened. It doesn't actually make you any worse than the non-awakened.
Glyph
Stitch is a shamanic sorcerer who is good at both mundane and magical healing, making him a good front-line medic. He has a bit of cyber (not combat-oriented), compensated for with a Power Focus. He can handle himself in a fight, although he does not use any lethal spells. Not quite a face, but he has decent social skills and a good selection of contacts.
TinkerGnome
Magically active shows up in your aura, too. The big problems come if you're dual natured.
cheezypoof714
Traz is a cybered up cyber.gif ork freelance peacekeeping agent He is somewhat qiuet preferring to let actions speak louder than words.Pistols-SMG-Cyber Implant Combat-with a little Biotech on the side for when things don't go so well.

Being a tight knit crew he has everyone's back untill the end(even you fraggin' humans)or untill you piss him off. wink.gif

Yo,Beast are we the only orks here?

*It isn't evey day someone like you meets someone like me.Seeing as there is only one of me,I consider myself to be indespensable.Whereas you are but one of many millions of human beings,therefore you are rather less unique and subsequently rather more disposable.I would like to suggest,that in order to avoid further irritation to myself,and to enable you to escape injury to your rather fragile ,and easy to damage skull,that you get out of my sight.*
TinkerGnome
Oh yeah, Kat's going to love Traz, with that attitude.
Hunter
QUOTE (TinkerGnome)
Oh yeah, Kat's going to love Traz, with that attitude.

Hey now. Is it our fault that you poor humans aren't as good as the rest of us. biggrin.gif
Fresno Bob
Just need Mech and Cleaver to post *accusitory stares* then we can get on with the killing, er...fun.
Noctum
OK Ok I don't have all the disadvantages of Being a mage I was only talking about the Bio-rejection and Sensitive system, Oh i'm also somewhat allegic to Pollution...

biggrin.gif Thankyou
Noctum
We Humans are not all a group of "Bigots", Zeke for one judges every individual on their own merits. There are individuals of all races who are "Bad" people, but there are also many "Good" people of every race. Not that I think you were trying to say anything bad about us humans. biggrin.gif
cheezypoof714
*Hmmm.Let me ask you this,chummer.If you were on a bus with 21 trolls would you still feel that way toward us metahumans.I realize that I must coexist with you humans simply because you are the"norm"and I am the minority.*

*For hundreds of years you hypocritical humans could not even look past your own kinds skin color.It took the Awakening to change that.My friend,it is in your nature to hate,as such,I do not hold you responsible for this.It's in your blood.*

*Do you suppose there was a reason for the Awakening?As Noah built the ark were two orks allowed entry?Two trolls? No.Our existence was brought about to cleanse the Earth,much like the flood.Our time will be at hand soon enough.You,my friend are the modern day dinosaur.*

*Make no mistake.If your hoop's on the line.I will be the first to your aid.Perhaps later we can share stories of how one day our races will accept each other.Zeke you are a"good"man.Unfortunately a better part of your race does not stand on the same moral ground as you.*

cheezypoof714
Traz love.gif 's humans

I hope there's no Humanis policlub gunning for me now. biggrin.gif
Fresno Bob
I'm going to send Beat/Cleaver an PM. If he doesn't post by, let's say, Sunday, Cleaver never existed, and Biomage replaces him.
cheezypoof714
Out of curiousity,what exactly are the expectations as far as posts per week are concerned?I can post almost every day,but I also have(at the present time)more free time than others might have.
Beast of Revolutions
Funny how metahumans can blame humans for stuff that happened before the awakening, even though pre-awakening humans are the ancestors of modern humans and metahumans alike.
Fresno Bob
I'd appreciate it if you could post at least twice a week.
Fresno Bob
Oh, heads up everyone.

I'm going to be gone from Friday morning to Sunday Evening. Just wanted to let you know.
cheezypoof714
I'm going to post a physical description for Traz.Hopefully others will do the same so we can get a better idea of what we all look like.

From a physical standpoint Traz is much smaller than typical of his race.
He stands 6’2 and weighs 235 lbs.His below normal size is a large reason for his
extensive cyberware.He wears his black hair short,and has mirrored chrome cybereyes.At 20 years of age he is unusually charismatic(for an ork).He is just one of those people you just unexplainably like.His skin is a light colored green.2 parallel scars(Shrapnel from an AP grenade) run the length of his neck on the right side.He frequently wears a bandana to cover them.He has a large tattoo on his right forearm that reads.*Baby,Im for real*.

Typically Traz wears tanktops with synthleather pants and boots.A Securetech Vest and a long Duster with various buckles on the forearms and chest.He dislikes people who stereotype him as an uncouth knucklehead incapable of putting a word with more than 2 syllables together.Although he has a general dislike for humans he gets along with the team.It,s your world for now.He's just living in it.
Hunter
Sure. Why not? biggrin.gif

Reth is a slim and seemingly in shape elf. His hair is raven black and worn to shoulder length, flowing freely to just touching the tops of his shoulders but leaving his ears exposed. His eyes are an intense hazel and remind anyone who looks into them for any length of time of gemstones.

He dresses according to the latest local upper class fashions and only dresses otherwise when need requires that he do so. He prefers aviator style mirror shades to ordinary sunglasses but wears no jewelry at all, including a wrist watch.
Glyph
Stitch is a male of medium height, thin, with close-cropped pale blonde hair, pale grey eyes, and bronzed skin. He has a stylized solar disk tattooed around his navel. He wears casual street clothing, preferring that and "low-maintenance" hair (although he can wear a suit convincingly when he has to), although he is meticulous about his personal hygiene. He often uses sharp, chopping gestures when he talks.
Noctum
Zeke in his early 30's 5' 10" 210 lbs of Solid Muscle, military style blond hair, usually two days of growth on his face and sharp blue eyes that never seem to miss a thing. He is usually very quiet with a nasty tendency to say the obvious. His body-language says it all he is constantly scanning the area for hostiles and seems never to be bothered by uncomfortable conditions such as heat or sitting absolutely still for hours at a time. (Being a capable soldier) he tends to where loose fitting street cloths with his Long coat. He is almost never unarmed, and has amazing manual dexterity(Fully ambidextreous). For those who have seen him without a shirt or changing gear he has multiple scars across his torso, and a few obvious bullet scars, a military veteran he spent 10 years in the service of the UCAS and has no problem talking about it if asked.
Fresno Bob
I'm back from my family oriented business.

Also, College Graduations are sucky and drawn out affairs. Never go to one.
TinkerGnome
You're telling me. I didn't even go to my own wink.gif
Fresno Bob
Does anyone mind if I fast forward the story a tad?
cheezypoof714
Feel free.I don't think anyone will have a problem with this.
TinkerGnome
I can conclusively say you'll never get a "yes" out of me on that question wink.gif
Noctum
Advance away... No problem here.
Hunter
That's fine with me. I'm probably not going to post for a week or so due to a death in the family. Sorry.
Fresno Bob
Eh, its alright. We'll do without Reth for a bit.
Noctum
Hey I want to Look around the Bar and see if there is anyone obviously watching us, and if so I would like to roll perception check to spot weapons on them. Just being Paranoid. smile.gif
Fresno Bob
Right after I make the huge friggin post...

Nope, no one looking at you.
Noctum
Um yo! PanzerG who the heck is ---->Thor pays the bartender, and hustles upstairs
Fresno Bob
Yeah, who's Thor? Mech, maybe?
cheezypoof714
Obviously,that perception roll didn't reveal the large Marvel superhero with the warhammer and horns following us up the stairs .
TinkerGnome
Kind of funny. Panzer's not even the one playing Thor in my game wink.gif
Hunter
QUOTE (Voorhees)
Eh, its alright. We'll do without Reth for a bit.

Thank you.
Beast of Revolutions
Haha, Panzer got messed up. We created those two characters together. Incidentaly, Mech is a pussy compared to Thor.
Panzergeist
This is what I get for playing in 6 games at once.
cheezypoof714
It's all good.
TinkerGnome
Kat's about 20% face, in case no one else is.
Glyph
Stitch isn't bad... 4's in Charisma, Etiquette, and Negotiation, and a decent mix of contacts.

Astral perception test: 9, 5, 3, 2, 2, 1.
TinkerGnome
Kat's a bit better than that. Cha/Et/Neg at 6 and 130k in contacts. Though I can't vouch for the usefulness of any of them.
cheezypoof714
Look's like we have ourselves a face.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012