Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Hunting Shadows Within
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Leowulf
In that case, let's forget what I tried to do before. It was wrong anyway, now that I look at it. I'm going to have to go against your recommendation because I think it will work out better for Biomage in the end.

With 1 success on the first test, let me spend 4 karma to turn that into 5 successes.

Now, with a wound level of D, and 1 net success, I'll need 3 more to get the wound level down to M. I'm choosing this one because either way, 4 successes is less than 5 on the second test. I'll spend 3 more karma to get 3 more successes, which should do the job, giving me a total of 8 successes to the sniper's 4, which should leave me with 4 net successes and stage the damage down to M.

At this point, I will have permanently burned 7 karma, and Biomage should have 3 boxes of physical damage. The second shot adds another 10, which overflows by 3.

Biomage will now have only 10 combat turns in which to live (Body 5 - 3 boxes = 2 x (Body 5) Combat Turns) unless he is stabilized by medical attention. With a total of 124 good karma points (remember 3 bonus for the good bio), 12 have gone to the karma pool, and he now has 5 left, after burning 7.

Now, if anyone has the ability to attempt first aid, or to get to a hospital that does within that amount of time, I can save the remaining karma for other things. If not, then I may have to spend more.
Shadow
Well the van is on the way to the hospital, and there is a first aid kit in the back.
Buddha72
I will attempt First Aid, not sure what the TN is but here goes.

16 04 02 02 01

Is the medkit a Saviour Advanced one?
BishopMcQ
First Aid was successful, Biomage has been stabilized.

Leo--I need a body test, then roll 1d6, then 2d6.
BishopMcQ
Shadow--I need either a sensor test, or you can take the shot now...feel free to post all of the rolls in one go. You are the only one left in initiative passes, the rest of the team dropped out of combat.
Leowulf
Body Test: 2, 1, 10, 1, 1
1D6: 3
2D6: 6 + 2
BishopMcQ
Leo--The roll for permanent injury, TN4 had 1 success. your 1d6, yielded a 3, so when you regain consciousness you will have lost the use of your right leg. Option A is to get a vat grown replacement or you can have it cyber-replaced.

Roll for magic loss is 8, this is greater than your current magic rating, so there is no magic loss.
Shadow
Sensor Test

7, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1

Do I need a sensor lock to shoot him, or can I just shoot him?

Action:

1st simple Action to aim

Gunnery test: (+ 3 combat and or control pool)

7, 7, 7, 4, 4, 4, 4, 3, 1

Buddha72
First Aid (to check out coma girl)
11 08 05 03 03

I'm assuming that lets me know she isn't physically messed up. biggrin.gif
Shadow
The rifle is loaded with XX so I believe it does 11S.
BishopMcQ
Shadow--You only need the sensor test if you're going for a lock otherwise it's manual gunnery.

Everyone Else--Perception test, hearing based. TN8, TN4 with augmentation
Shadow
Ok then consider me having fired.
Buddha72
Perception
09 05 05 05 04 03 03 02 02 01 (1 success)
Whizbang
Perception TN 8: 11, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1
Ecclesiastes
Perc: 11 04 03 03 02 02 01 01 01

Depending on what it is, maybe it'll bring me out.
BishopMcQ
The perception test was for the gunshot, I abstracted the flavor text to allow everyone a chance to roll and see whether they heard it over the growing distance from the area.
Shadow
Car skill 6 + 6 CP

11, 11, 8, 4, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1

Leowulf
You know, after reading up on it, Biomage will need a cloned part for his lef, and it's going to take weeks for that; time our characters don't have. It might be better if I spend another karma point to get 2 successes on the Body Test so our characters don't have to spend so much time in Tokyo. What do you guys think?

Also, I found out I could have made a Willpower (6) Test to have Biomage stay awake.

Willpower (6) Test: 3, 5, 15, 2, 3
Fenris
Thought you got shot in the head?

I just assumed once you came out of surgery you'd magically heal yourself. As for the karma, I don't know how much you have left, but the amount of karma to reroll goes up every time, and if you burn too much karma pool you'll end up in the same boat you were trying to avoid with HoG.
BishopMcQ
It's a Willpower 6+modifiers test, but Leo did you read the whole passage? You're disoriented, partly aware, you need to take perception checks to see the immediately obvious stuff...but the part that may be iffy for you is that you will have to make willpower tests to avoid blurting out secrets etc.

Any-hoo, Leo, the doctor has 2 successes on his trauma surgery test, which means your Over-Damage is healed, you only have the 10 boxes of physical, but you also have 1 negative option. I'll let you choose what it is going to be...

--Essence loss, 1d6*.05 Essence loss, with an immediate magic loss check.

--Mangled part, No ability to repair limb or get transplants (Cyber is still an option)

--Marred appearance, +1 TN to all Charisma linked skills

I also need 4 body tests from you so that we can figure out how long your convalescense is going to take which can be modified by magical healing you receive.
Leowulf
Fenris - Biomage got shot in the head and then in the chest. And, yes, Biomage will attempt to heal himself up after surgery. Only 5 boxes can go away at most though because he knows the Heal spell up to a force of 5. After that, it will take time. Realisticly, we may have to let him hang out with Jaron and Hafiz for a while in their posh hotel due to the minimum lifestyle requirements for healing.

McQuillan - No, of course I didn't read the whole section. wink.gif

Marred Appearance is probably the easiest for Biomage to take.

Body Tests:

4, 3, 3, 11, 5

4, 5, 9, 4, 1

5, 1, 1, 4, 16

4, 3, 2, 16, 3

I wonder if I should quit rolling the same 5 dice from the top of my box of 12.
BishopMcQ
Leo--It's going to take several weeks of convalescence to get Biomage back to full strength unless you can arrange for a high force ritual Heal.

Team--What's the plan from here? Are you still moving to a secure location to do some planning? I know with the holidays and forums outages we've lost a week, but let's try and get back on track by Monday.
Shadow
We are now short a mage wize... again. Can we try to arrange for some mage support?
Whizbang
*is a shaman as well as a decker*
Leowulf
Think of it as a temporary vacancy.

He's at 10 boxes of physical damage right? Is he conscious? How long until he heals enough to be below 10?

A note on Biomage's personality: He won't quit or back down while he's still alive, which means he'll stay with the team, even if he's wounded.

I could submit another mage. I have one already made up that I have used in other games. His personality is a little more agreeable, and frankly, Biomage is starting to annoy me too. I would just need to add in the karma and nuyen.

One thing, if you guys decide that waiting on Biomage is too much:

This other mage I have CANNOT meet you in Japan. He's being hunted by the Yakuza in Tokyo. He's in Seattle right now, so they won't find him for quite a while.

By the way, I have this sneaking suspicion that the doctor is a ghoul. Anyone else think that?
BishopMcQ
Leo--If you'd like to put Biomage into the background while he heals up, a decker would be fine or another full mage with the same caveat from the beginning that there will be a large matrix portion to this run, so a full mage should have some tech savvy.

And I'm open to guesses as to the doctor's nature...
Buddha72
The doctor's just plain creepy.

So what's the plan folks? (My family has gone home and I am ready for some PBP madness)
Ecclesiastes
w0rd.

Lets get to a secure location and plan stuff out.
Leowulf
Biomage is just going to remain unconscious for now, I guess.
Fenris
Nothing against you personally, but that's probably best wink.gif
Buddha72
McQuillan said you could throw in a new character if you wanted so you can keep playing with us all.
BishopMcQ
Leo--Do you want to bring someone else in for the interim while Biomage heals up or did you want to see if you can track down a magical group who can put you back together again? The second option is trickier...
Leowulf
Just tell me how long until Biomage regains consciousness. Once he does, he can heal himself down to Moderate at 5 boxes. From there, he's good to go, as long as he doesn't get shot again. With a reasonably comfy hotel room or apartment to rest in, and the Quick Healer Edge, it shouldn't take much time for him to heal the remaining 5 boxes.
Ecclesiastes
Keep in mind that you are assuming you cast the spell at maxium success when you are going to have plenty of wound modifiers making that real hard to do.
BishopMcQ
Leo--Make a Willpower test, TN 6.
Buddha72
I'll ask it, Leo are you dead set against bringing in a new character? I think Biomage has plenty of personality but not really a team player. Now I think (need to check in game) we have heat from the shadow runner he killed in Seattle since McQuillan said the people that normally use him would be uspet about his loss. So it might make things easier with a fresh face but if you want to go forward with him, that's ok as long you know it's all a game and nothing personal.

Did that came out right?

I just don't want the game to implode. At a tabletop we could read each other better. I would have no problem with inter-team conflict but on the boards it always seems to go horribly. People have a more difficult time separating character from player at times.

BAH!!

Hate this medium at times. This was said with no malice but rather a desire to make the game flow smoothly.
Ecclesiastes
Trixie is gunna kill Biomage in his sleep. Cause like, she's stone cold like that. *throws up gang signs*
BishopMcQ
And when Trixie lays paralyzed with the thought of combat, it should be a fair fight with the unconscious mage. wink.gif

Leo--Take the successes from the willpower test and divide it into one hour. That's how long it will take you to rejoin the land of consciousness.

Team--I'm going to leave it up to all of you, I want everyone to enjoy themselves. So let me know what you want me to change or adjust, like wise, let me know if you guys want to change something in your characters. I am open to having people switch characters, as demonstrated by my offer to Leo. Also I will do my best to keep everyone flowing smoothly, anything can be done for a price. If you want a group of mages to come in and do a mass ritual HEAL for Biomage, it can be done, but there will be side effects from that action that open and close other doors.

Everything that has gone on has been for one reason or another, as the Old man in Rags keeps saying, "choices were made" now effects of those choices are happening. (And no, you didn't make all of the choices...)
Ecclesiastes
Can Trixie goblinize into a vampire troll, but still retain all her current mental stats and otaku abilities? I'd like to make that change.
Leowulf
Yeah, maybe Biomage could suddenly goblinize into a vampire necromancer (cybermancer?) with the ability to bring himself back from the dead. That would be cool. He could join a street gang too. wink.gif

As for the heat in the game, I can roll with it. Right here, baby. Come get some.

I don't care which mage I play. Biomage is more capable of having a technological ability than my other mage, who is named Ghost Dragon.

Ghost Dragon is more of a purist. He has no cyber, and he wouldn't consider getting any, unless it was the only possible option. He was once a Yakuza assassin, but he left town, and then left the country, never to return until he was strong enough to get a healthy dose of revenge. That'll be a while.

Biomage and Ghost Dragon have similar personalities and motivations, though Ghost Dragon is much less vocal, and he prefers to take the stealthy approach whenever possible. Biomage charges forward on what he thinks is the most direct path to accomplishment, disregarding all consequences. I can assure you he doesn't care that he's been shot, as long as he lived. He is a team player, just not as much as some.

I'll submit Ghost Dragon, and we'll see where things go. How much karma do we have now? Like 124? What's the address again? Would it be easier if I just post the sheet here?

Willpower (6) Test: 11, 1, 1, 11, 3

Hey, Buddha -- You meant you don't want the game to implode, right? wink.gif
I think that using smilies is a good way to convey one's point with text. It's hard to guage the author's emotion when you only have words to stare at. I think that's why people take things the wrong way sometimes. When you let people know you're only kidding with a smiley, it goes over better, generally anyway. Some people who play these games are suffering from personality disorders and other lesser psychoses, which cause them to have clouded judgement and misinterpret everything.

I work in retail. I know. smile.gif
Ecclesiastes
I remember Ghost Dragon from the Team Effort game. smile.gif
Fenris
Just a quick note, heading out to GenCon SoCal tomorrow morning, so no guaranteed contact till Sunday.
Ecclesiastes
Like I posted in other games, I live 1/2 a mile from GenCon, so I'll hunt people down and force them to post from my house. nyahnyah.gif
BishopMcQ
Leo--Post the sheet here in a spoiler or you can send it to me. mcquillan at san dot rr dot com Also, if you don't want to keep playing the mage, it is fine with me if you want to switch to a different archtype for a change of pace while Biomage heals up. Player's choice.
Leowulf
Casting Heal 5.

Sorcery Test + Spell Pool:
3, 4, 1, 2, 2 + 3, 3, 15, 4, 7

I'm guessing Biomage has a TN of 8 (10 - Essence = 5 + Serious Wound Penalty of 3 = 8.), which would give him 1 success. If that's true, then he's at a Serious Physical Wound now with 9 boxes of damage.

Drain Resistance Test, resisting 5D Stun, +3 penalty = 8D Stun:
5, 3, 1, 5, 4 = no successes, so he knocks himself back out.

Willpower (9) Test to remain conscious:
1, 2, 3, 2, 3

Nope. Lights out again.

Willpower Test to see how long he's out, TN = Base 2 + 3 penalty = 5:
5, 3, 2, 5, 3

Dividing the Base Time of 60 minutes by 2 successes, it'll take 30 minutes to recover to 9 boxes.

1, 9, 3, 3, 4 = 60 minutes to 8.
3, 1, 2, 1, 1 = 60 minutes to 7.
2, 1, 2, 1, 10 = 60 minutes to Serious at 6, when he will finally wake up.

3 and a half hours total time! dead.gif

This brings up an interesting question though. Being unconscious, would he have been able to sustain the spell before passing out, or would he need to try again once he wakes up? According to the rules, Drain comes immediately after the spell is cast on the same Complex Action, so the spell wasn't even sustained for 1 turn.
Leowulf
Well, I've finished adding in the 100 karma, plus the 25 we've earned, and the 50k, pluse the 6,000 we've earned, and I now have what I think is a finished version of Ghost Dragon. With the overall concept being different in mindset than Biomage, Ghost Dragon has chosen to concentrate his abilities in certain areas, just as Biomage did, and those areas differ slightly from Biomage.

This is from a Word document, so I hope it's readable. The Heavy Arms thing at the end is something I made up as a tie-in for custom weapons. It's a fictitious corporation that makes and sells high-quality weaponry. I have a bunch of weapons that I've made in my catalog.

[ Spoiler ]

Right.. that didn't work out so well. For reading the sheet, only look at the last number for attributes, skills, and spells; otherwise, it will look like Ghost Dragon has Manabolt learned at a Force of 46 and stuff. The other numbers are for tracking purposes when I submit a sheet, so if a GM wants to, he can add up all my numbers and make sure I've allocated Karma correctly.
BishopMcQ
Leo--Can you e-mail me a copy of the Char sheet? The formatting lost something in translation...
Leowulf
Was the sheet I sent to you ok?
Shadow
Ghost Dragon? Cause he's a team player wink.gif
Ecclesiastes
ohplease.gif

Like I said, I remember him from Team Effort, and no, he isn't a team player...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012