Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Expendable Cities
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Dragonslayer
I live in Cincinnati Ohio, and I want you to pick Cincy for some reason. Quick run down of what's actually here, GE aircraft engines, as I recall one of 2 locations that gets to work on things like stealth bombers and such. P&G which does tons of business in home goods and such. Here in Cincy when you buy things like laundry detergent you get to choose between competing P&G brands, and that's in our world, without megacorporations running things. Dayton's a short trip up I-75 and as was mentioned before Wright-Patterson airforce base is there, and, again going just from memory, it's one of the largest air force bases in the US. Ohio stays UCAS so there's a good chance Wright-Patt would be expanded. When I ran a few runs in Cincy for my group I played it that Cincy had merged with Dayton and Northern Kentucky, not a very dense metroplex, but one that made sense, especially Cincy/N KY. I turned Covington into a slum which made things interesting because downtown Cincy was somewhat higher class and you could look into the slums from across the river.

That being said, I also like the idea of Vancouver. Mainly because no matter what happens it's unlikely for a city to become a smoking hole in the ground. More than likely there's going to be rubble, collapsed buildings maybe, and survivors. It'd be fun to have a post-apacolyptic city near to Seattle since I think most games at least have something to do with Seattle.
Jari_Kafghan
In all honesty, it isn't one city but more and more becomeing something akin to a metroplex. The Harrisburg-York-Lancaster area in Pennsylvania
Kagetenshi
Players: no peeking. This means you, Phaeton!

[ Spoiler ]

~J
Blaze
On a bit of an SoE theme (guess whose copy arrived this morning?) I can reccomend the rapid depopulation of Nottingham UK (well, probably Midsprawl- you can expect it to combine with Leicester and Derby given time) or The Hague UNL- neither seem to serve a useful purpose save for providing me with sofas to sleep on and cats to terrorise. Both also have a decent excuse for ickiness (QMC in Nottingham, Hague backing onto Europort).
[ Spoiler ]

-JH.
Kesh
QUOTE (Dragonslayer)
I live in Cincinnati Ohio, and I want you to pick Cincy for some reason. Quick run down of what's actually here, GE aircraft engines, as I recall one of 2 locations that gets to work on things like stealth bombers and such. P&G which does tons of business in home goods and such. Here in Cincy when you buy things like laundry detergent you get to choose between competing P&G brands, and that's in our world, without megacorporations running things. Dayton's a short trip up I-75 and as was mentioned before Wright-Patterson airforce base is there, and, again going just from memory, it's one of the largest air force bases in the US. Ohio stays UCAS so there's a good chance Wright-Patt would be expanded. When I ran a few runs in Cincy for my group I played it that Cincy had merged with Dayton and Northern Kentucky, not a very dense metroplex, but one that made sense, especially Cincy/N KY. I turned Covington into a slum which made things interesting because downtown Cincy was somewhat higher class and you could look into the slums from across the river.

Cincy's a good choice, too. Plenty of stuff around to do, and adventure with.
Dragonslayer
Yeah, as I recall I had most of the local stuff, GE, P&G, and Kroger get rolled into one local corp that was a subsidiary of Ares. So there was lots of pro-Ares things happening. Like bulldozing parks and such to build weapons plants. I was really taking advantage of the nicer areas of present Cincy and tearing them up. I almost forgot, we've got riverboat gambling in the area and Newport used to be run by the mafia, so its not too terrible a stretch to have the mafia back running things. I think I had Renraku building underground facilities beneath some of the historical villages that surround Cincy. It was a good time.
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (locomotiveman)
You could go with New London or Providence too (do you suppose with the loss of the south they might move the Atlantic fleet back to Quanset?)

No, New London is a major sub base for the Atlantic fleet subs and is right next to the electiric boat sub construction pens. With the loss of Virginia Beach for the US to the CAS they will need it more than ever.

St Louis is a major possibility for future meta plots being more of a frontier town than even Seattle, being at the link between NAN, CAS and UCAS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012