Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The look, the feel...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Cursedsoul
Yeah, I agree with that. That's basically the reasoning I was using up until I realized that at least in America, most people can't critically think or analyze (and in fact actively try NOT to do these) so its pointless.

I'm also one of those people who's naturally analytical and able to critically think. Yarr, the blood of an English major runs in me veins. biggrin.gif

I guess one of the perks garnered from life in the minority means I get to hate everyone else for various reasons. grinbig.gif
Arethusa
This island of England breeds very valiant creatures. But not, I guess, terribly demure ones.
Cursedsoul
I'm just glad I live on the East Coast of the US. I also live in Massachusetts, so I have a history of making trouble to live up to. One of the biggest pains in the asses during the Revolution and I think we had a hand in the talks during the Connecticutt conferences where we tried to secede from the Union because we were once again unhappy.

However, Taxachusetts isn't cheap. I guess that's the price I have to pay for actually having 4 seasons and getting to actually enjoy differences in weather. I hear California's a pretty happenin' place, but pollution + heat doesn't really make he overly happy.

I suppose we're screwed no matter where we live. grinbig.gif
Kagetenshi
The revolutionary war: a war between Massachusetts and the British Empire, with a little help from those other colonies.

~J
Cursedsoul
I'm situated about 60-90 minutes from Boston, which was one of the hubs. Mass Bay colony was one of the first permanent English settlements, and we were responsible for a lot of the original dissention. We're the troublemakers. wink.gif

Most of the anti-british sentiment was situated around the new England area. Boston Tea Party ring a bell? Takes a bunch of angry disaffected yokels to do something like that ya know? biggrin.gif

Rhode Island was a pretty mean ass area back in the day. Rogue's Island it used to be called because that was where all the "trash" was deposited. Chances are if you got banished you'd wind up there.

Its been over a year and a half since I took AP US History, and the Revolution was the first thing we did so my knowledge is fleeting sad to say.

Its always good to know that we fought a war for taxes and ended up achieving the opposite of our goal. dead.gif Seriously, the Revolution was fought because didn't want to pay taxes, despite the fact that we paid the lowest out of all England's colonies.

Rules were pretty lax to boot. Salutary Neglect basically made it really fun to be a smuggler because they simply didn't care. You bribe the British clerks at the docks to forget you were there, fake some records, and all was good.

We kinda screwed that up and now we have George Bush as president. Nevermind scraping the bottom of the barrel, we've lifted it up to get at the moss growing underneath. Seems we've run out of decently intelligent white men to put in charge of the country....not that we've ever REALLY had that many good presidents.

Washington sucked. He couldn't learn an army let alone the country. The next few were pretty much it for good leaders. Most of the rest were either massive screw ups (grant...Kennedy...egh) or at best, ineffectual dunderheads (coolidge).

Now its okay to be a bit standpat but some of these people...I doubt they could make up their mind when it came to what to put in their coffee.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012