Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [ShadowsOfEurope] Comments from the ancients in Europe
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
snowRaven
QUOTE (Nath @ Aug 19 2004, 01:40 AM)
Harlequin is not the son of Henry II and Eleanor, and thus, following simple logic wink.gif John "Lackland" would have been the rightful king after his brothers Henry the Young King and Geoffrey died.

I did consider that, but as long as Harlequin was the one who was crowned King (and didn't steal the King's identity later on) it should be his lineage on the throne. It would not be the first time a new bloodline has replaced an older one as the rulers of a nation.

It could, however, be argued that any relation to Henry II surviving into the 6th world would hold a larger claim on the throne than Harlequin, though.
Ancient History
It could be argued that Richard Couer de Lion simply inherited someone else's armor...
Synner
QUOTE (White Knight)
....or a complicated LPO trick designed to give the revolution a focus so they can crush or control it at their leisure (or to justify new powers).

And people say I'm paranoid... then again it does sound like a nice idea.
Skeptical Clown
Er... is it specified in any novels that Harlequin was Richard? It certainly doesn't say that in Post Mortem. Harlequin didn't even believe Excalibur ever really existed.
Marynsar
Post mortem indicates that "The armor still fits"... which leads to the easy conclusion that Harlequin was Richard Lionheart.
Ancient History
Or Dick was wearing H's armor.
Sepherim
Or maybe it's justa metaphor saying that he's willing to go through all the battles of that time again. He maybe didn't wield Excalibur, but he might have been an important knight.
Abstruse
I personally think that it's much stronger implied that Harlequin was Lancelot du Lac, as he's made several statements about Arthur in talkbacks plus the astral quest in HB. Harlequin also has very little respect for the "once and future king", calling him a "dolt" in DotSW I believe. Therefore, I don't think Laughing Man is the Arthur running around, and in fact he must either by greatly annoyed by this man's appearance or else greatly amused by it.

The Abstruse One
Sepherim
Or, since we're talking about Harley, he probable is both amused and annoyed, and maybe even something more! grinbig.gif
Marynsar
Seeing double meanings everywhere leads rarely to the right path. Post Mortem conversation was between two people who know each other very well, perhaps on an intimate basis. I doubt they will use triple sense, even if they are part Vorlon.

On the part where Harley talk about that "stupid dolt Ar'thu", well, IMHO,he was not Arthur, just Richard Lionheart ... two very different people.
Sepherim
Well, I know it doesn't lead to anything, but being a conspiracy theorist is just sooo fun! rotfl.gif

Besides, even Conspir-I-See is right some times. wobble.gif
Marynsar
So true.... But for once I wanted to see it as a matter not so complicated.... How did Celedyr or Synner put it? Occam Razor's ?
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Sepherim @ Aug 19 2004, 08:03 PM)
Or, since we're talking about Harley, he probable is both amused and annoyed, and maybe even something more!  grinbig.gif

I think that sums it up and I like your earlier suggestion about "the armor still fits" it's more of a metaphor. He had been a hcampion long ago and now, having been handed the roel again by Dunkelzahn, he finds it still fits him.

Richard I was so unlike Harlequin I can't see him like that. All he cared about was a good fight, no compassion for anyone else except fellow warriors. All bluster, straight ahead attacks, none of the manouvering we associate with the plans of the IE's
SirBedevere
Dont't forget, the last English king of England was Richard III. Henry Tudor's claim to the throne was dubious at best! After that we had Scots, Dutch and Germans. IRL I saw a documentary about Richard's decendents. According to this the true king of England is an Australian! I wonder if Big Bad Beeste saw this and talked about it to Synner...... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012