Full Version: Renraku Arcology - The Tree of Life
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Ol' Scratch
Sure did, Ronin. Much obliged.
FXcalibur
Ditto. Many thanks.
JaronK
Very busy right now... I get off work at 9pm tonight and will send the character after then.

JaronK
Blitz
Sent
JaronK
Oh, following the current discussion in the main boards section, what's your oppinion on Cantrips, i.e. spells that cost nothing (force 2 exclusives, force 1 fetished spells)? I tend to run it here that you get a number of them equal to your magic rating, and that they have to be GM approved, but what do you allow?

JaronK
Ol' Scratch
That rule sounds familiar. smile.gif
JaronK
Were you the one I stole it from? I really liked it!

JaronK
Ol' Scratch
I believe so, but I'm hardly the first person on the boards to come up with a similar rule. smile.gif It's great for adding a little flavor and color to any magician. You get to have the cool "style spells" like Healthy Glow or Detox (just enough Force for the perfect hangover cure) while saving your real spell points for more useful ones that'll save your hoop on a regular basis.
Digital Heroin
*officially tossing his hat into the ring*

Given the drop outs for this game, I'm making a character whom should be ready by tommorrow evening... just need to get a few quick rulings, and my "Star" Urban Brawl rookie will be ready to roll...
kevyn668
Are you still taking applicants? It seems like you are but with the comings and goings...I'm not sure.

Anyway. Interested. smile.gif I can have a character in by this time tomorrow(ish).
Ronin Soul
Jaron, that rule sounds fine for cantrips (keep in mind that the arcology usually has a background count of around 1 in most areas before the shutdown...)
and kevyn yes I am still taking applicants so feel free to send a character in and join in the *snicker* fun!

Those of you who haven't sent characters in yet - because I'm going away to England tomorrow (don't worry - it shouldn't have much of an effect on my ability to post!), you'll have to send characters either within the next 24 hours of this post or send them to either by PM here or to my hotmail account (afraid_of_the_darke@hotmail.com). Thanks.
JaronK
Sorry for the delay. Finishing up the character now

JaronK
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
I believe so, but I'm hardly the first person on the boards to come up with a similar rule. smile.gif It's great for adding a little flavor and color to any magician. You get to have the cool "style spells" like Healthy Glow or Detox (just enough Force for the perfect hangover cure) while saving your real spell points for more useful ones that'll save your hoop on a regular basis.

I'm the one who posted something like it most recently, but that doesn't mean he didn't get it from you smile.gif

You look pretty loaded up, but if a space opens and no one who was faster on the draw than I've been claims it... biggrin.gif

~J
Ol' Scratch
As far as I can tell, there's only four characters submitted so far and he's allowing up to six or seven.
Kagetenshi
I'll have one drawn up ASAP; hopefully it'll be soon enough.

I'll reread the thread, but is there anything in particular that's needed?

~J
Ronin Soul
Kagetenshi - it'll be fine for you to join (though no more!). Jut remember you'll probably have to send it to the hotmail address or as a PM.
Also when making the character - remember they get a bonus 50,000 nuyen.gif , can buy one item of availability over 8 with their starting cash (not including the bonus 50k) and have a karma pool of 3 if meta, 5 if human and 10 non-spendable Good Karma.
Any more questions?
Digital Heroin
Do you do Karma for cash on creation? This is in relation to my PM...
kevyn668
Raygun's guns?
Kagetenshi
eek.gif

Remember, we won't have much time to heal. We most definitely do not want Raygun's guns or rules used.

~J
kevyn668
Not for them, silly. Just for us. biggrin.gif

What? You've never heard of a double standard? nyahnyah.gif
Phyrexus
69 posts! grinbig.gif Well...70 now. Linkage!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Kagetenshi
That does bring up a good point, though. We need healers. Do we have any already?

~J
Ol' Scratch
As far as I know we only have one possibility, and that's a bat shaman.
Kagetenshi
I'm considering fielding a rigger, but I want to offer everyone else the chance to slap that idea out of me first smile.gif

Encryption 5 a must. Anyone want to call it a good or stupid idea?

~J
Ol' Scratch
Go for it. smile.gif You can never have too many riggers. Especially with B/R skills to repair anything you lose. biggrin.gif
Ronin Soul
Cash for Karma? Meh, go for it. You need all the help you can get. ^_^
And no Raygun's guns. Sorry. Nothing from net supplements because I don't know the material at all.

Does anyone still need me to send them the SCIRE floor index? Kagetenshi, Digital Heroin and kevyn I'm mostly asking.
kevyn668
No prob. I PMed a character to you w/o using Ray's stuff. I figured the normal guns are always acceptable. smile.gif

I could use a copy of the floorplans, please.
Digital Heroin
*steeples fingers Mr. Burns style* Excellent... now I can flesh out the character I had in mind...

And yeah, floor plans would be most excellent, Bill and Ted style...
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Ronin Soul)

Oh sure, NOW you say that... nyahnyah.gif
Ronin Soul
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
QUOTE (Ronin Soul @ Aug 17 2004, 06:14 PM)

Oh sure, NOW you say that... nyahnyah.gif

Hehe, I know. I can be a stinker can't I?
Seriously, it doesn't matter too much. I'd only really allow cash for karma for Awakened people so they have the karma to initiate or bond foci.
kevyn668
I hate to show the wetness behind my ears but what does "SCIRE" stand for??

Ol' Scratch
Self-Contained Industrial-Residential Environment. If memory serves.
Kagetenshi
Pretty sure that's correct.

~J
kevyn668
Thanks. Gotta love those corp guys and thier acronyms...
Ol' Scratch
So when can we expect to start our little escapade to make Deus our bitch?
Phyrexus
Just as a side note, I'm not gonna be around as often as I used to because school has started. I'll find some way to make it, but I'll probably be posting mainly on weekends. Again, this is just a heads-up for you.
Digital Heroin
I'll have my character ready to go by tommorrow and PMed, appologies, but I just hit the mid to evening cycle of my watch rotation, so doing anything but sleeping is a pain.
Ronin Soul
Just a quick heads-up guys (to put things in Shadowrun-y terms ^_^) - I'll be able to start in a few days when I have reliable internet access (at the moment I have to pay for it frown.gif ). I still don't have all the characters yet, but the fact that I don't have much internet is an even bigger problem.
I hope you understand. You know, travelling and all that. It's a lot of fun but it has it's disadvantages.
kevyn668
Who's missing a character (aside from DH)? Did you get mine?
Kagetenshi
*Waves* I am. Not for much longer, though.

~J
Ronin Soul
I think I have 5 characters.
I definitely don't have Kagetenshi's or Digital Heroin's and I don't have all of Blitz's (I think).
Ol' Scratch
I take your lack of a response in PM means you were able to print out the second copy of the character sheet, Ronin?
Digital Heroin
Sorry, last evening shift tonight of the cycle, then I'm onto 5 days off, I actually get some furniture in my apartment, and I'll be ready to rock... already got a background piece written, just need to type it...
Digital Heroin
And Billy Blaze, the North American Urban Brawl League Rookie of the Year, has been submitted.
FXcalibur
I got my hands on the shutdown book...and I'm scared. I also got my hands on UB, so I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Looking forward to the game. Don't worry, I haven't read most of Shutdown yet. I won't read it if you want me to...second thought I don't think I will. I'd like to keep the suspense up. Really looking forward to the game smile.gif
Ronin Soul
QUOTE (FXcalibur)
I got my hands on the shutdown book...and I'm scared. I also got my hands on UB, so I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Looking forward to the game. Don't worry, I haven't read most of Shutdown yet. I won't read it if you want me to...second thought I don't think I will. I'd like to keep the suspense up. Really looking forward to the game smile.gif

Hehe, it is pretty scary isn't? And you guys will be right in the middle of it!
I'll write up the first post hopefully in one or two days. I don't need all the characters to do it either as it's basically just talking/role-playing for the first little while...
For the first little while...
Digital Heroin - yep, I've got your character now!
Funkenstein - nope the sheet still isn't good to print frown.gif - the problem is it's too big so bits get cut off on a standard sheet of A4. I did write the link down though so as long as the site is still good, I've got access to the character.
Kagetenshi
Got most of my character done, I just want to know if you'd accept a Body 3 walker as being able to fit through most hallways (fuchikoma-style, it's the only design I could think of that would reasonably be able to navigate most of the arc) or, barring that, if you'd allow a special seat that might take up less CF than a bucket seat at the cost of being unable to do anything significant physically while inside.

For reference, the size of a Body 3 walker is compared to a subcompact car.

~J
Digital Heroin
With reference to my e-mail, the item I mention, is it out of the question?
Ronin Soul
Digital Heroin - the item in the email is fine. Go for it!
Kagetenshi - a body 3 Walker would fit fine (I have amusing images of it brushing past cubicle walls...).
I'm going to start up the IC and OOC threads now despite the fact I don't have all the characters yet (I have most of them though. That's fine).
The group:
Haruko Nakamura
Phrex
Elizabeth "Arctic" Dangle
Sloan Rourke
Albrecht "Raging Bull" Kohlenburg
Billy Blaze
Kagetenshi
Finishing up the final details: my character is Iwakura Arisu, a freelance Rigger for the Mechanized Security division, a division less glamorous than it might seem at first blush due to the public relations issues with sending armed and armored vehicles crawling through halls and cubicles. Specialties involve recon and shooting things, as well as providing a certain amount of hard cover. Short, lithe, typically in form-fitting clothing due to the space restrictions of her vehicle, it is a sad statement on Renraku's corporate policy towards women that this last factor perhaps was as responsible for her advancement as her extensive skills and augmentations.

Incidentally, her main vehicle, if approved, is described as a mostly standard-issue Renraku security vehicle, if a comparatively uncommon and expensive one.

I'm going to try to finish the sheet up tomorrow morning before work, if not, expect it tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay, and I look forward to working with you all smile.gif

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012