Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salvation OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Kurukami
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
Kurukami, I'm just eagerly anticipating any post you have, especially any flavor ones, since you've always got some entertaining ones.

biggrin.gif Cool. I swapped the original post I'd made in the Salvation IC thread over to the LiTS IC thread after I noticed your comment earlier in this thread. I'll have to think over what all I want to throw in next, planning-wise... I'll probably put something else up in the run thread later on tonight.
Shev
I think I'll do the same.
paul_HArkonen
how far, in Km is it from seattle to where we believe this camp is, and would Blaze be able to find it from the astral plane from his home?
WinterRat1
Rough estimate about 900 miles. That would be exceedingly difficult since you don't know much about it. If Sedna has somehow gotten you a copy of the results from her search, it would be much more feasible since you'd at least have a general sense of where to be. Again, possible, but as it stands, highly unlikely.
paul_HArkonen
ok, just checking, looks like I'll be waiting until a little while later to be useful.
Shev
don't be so sure of that Paul. Check the LitS thread, you're getting a call wink.gif
Sedna
Figure you'll be getting regular PMs then, Shev, each time the knowbot ping a Matrix address related to our principals that they can't get into: I'll just have them report to Avalanche as they pick up on it (since you were obviously still on-line in Shadowland when she set it up), and to Alleycat herself as an end-of-day summary.

For the general information and any camp specifics, you won't get that until the meet, distilled into a neat summary along with that other end-of-day summary ... but if you ask, you'll pick up an automated message that a general information search is underway, but without further details.

Since you included Alleycat under your own search parameters, I don't think (?) you'll pick up anything in Shadowland. Possibly depends on how you described her. (WinterRat?)

Kurukami: it's just that Alleycat has no way yet of linking Lady Cheng with Pirate Queen in-game, and she isn't going to take a chance on something she's not absolutely sure about.

paul: ditto in terms of getting hold of you ... but if Avalanche manages it, he'll have the above information and potentially whatever's behind those locked Matrix sites to share.

Oh, and figure I added Blink's Grill to the general search parameters: I want to know how to get there next time. (Keeping my own run-related posting in Salvation -- not least for time continuity against my earlier posts in LitS.)
paul_HArkonen
I would Like somebody (either WinterRat or Shev) to go ahead and detail either here, or in the IC thread what Blaze would be seeing, in terms of wards and the like.

Assencing test:
Shev
I think I was a little presumptuous, actually, in having Dice spot no troulbe. WinterRat, what would Blaze see on the astral?
WinterRat1
It's up in the Salvation IC thread
paul_HArkonen
ok, skill tests for casting the spell.

Increased reflexes 2 force 3, on the sustaining focus.

spell: (sorcery only, no spell pool, and no totem modifiers.) TN 4
1,2,4,4,5,6 four successes

Drain 3D all spell pool, plus totem modifiers.
1,2,3,3,3,3,4,4,5,5,5,5,5,6 12 successes, no Drain.

/editted to prove that I can count
Shev
QUOTE (paul_HArkonen)
spell: (sorcery only, no spell pool, and no totem modifiers.) TN 4
1,2,4,4,5,6 three successes

Not to nitpick, but isn't that 4 successes?
paul_HArkonen
yeah I guess it is, and I can't count, oh well it's not like it'll matter, hopefully.
WinterRat1
Paul, that's all you get with a surface scan. If you want more, give me a perception/aura reading roll.
paul_HArkonen
sorry about that forgot about the whole number rolling thing.

Blaze is going to focus on the elf and the ork. first roll for elf, second for ork.

Elf: 10,7,7,5,3,3 (now that is a monster roll)

Ork:9,4,2,2,2,2 (and that's not, oh well)
Kurukami
Hmmm... well, at least for Cheng, one of the things she wants to try to do is lay some groundwork for transportation. Start laying in supplies for the boat -- food, water, surplus blankets, and so forth. See if she can't lay her hands on a nice Zodiac or two (or the like), with an upgunned but quiet engine for surreptitious retrievals and insertions. Take an inventory of drones available to her, and see whether she can obtain any more general-purpose chassis like Eireann-Tir Prosperos or MCT-N Roto-drones. Spare parts to cover damage or vehicle breakdowns (and she'll try to locate some training sims/repair manuals, so that she can start learning to fix/modify the stuff herself).

She'd probably go to either to Finch or Sgt. Greenburg for these things.

Oh, and she'd like to obtain a belt or three of MMG ammunition, for the Lone Star drone -- regular ammo's fine, but if something unusual and potential useful gets found in her search, she's willing to consider that additional cost worthwhile.

Should I go with a roll for each set of items, or just do an overall Etiquette test? And may I use Karma to increase my Etiquette skill by 1 prior/during the search, to reflect the experience and knowhow she's gaining through this process? biggrin.gif
WinterRat1
Kurukami- Roll for each item, since they have different availability, and thus, different TNs. You may raise your etiquette prior to the roll. Finally, make sure you write up the role-play as Lady Cheng speaks to each of her ontacts about the stuff.

Overall reminder- Always role-play any requests for information or items from contacts. Feel free to write up your contacts responses to the point of a non-material statement.

(E.G. "I need a rocket launcher."

"Oh really? How convenient, I happen to have one in my trunk."

"Great!")

Definitely a material statement. wink.gif Anyway, I think you all get what I'm talking about. Just a minor illustration.
paul_HArkonen
did I get anything fro the assensing test?
WinterRat1
Paul- You can see that the elf was magical, same level of power/ability as you and the ork was lightly cybered, mostly headware, a little bit of cyber that runs through his body. Any further detail you want?
paul_HArkonen
mainly emotional state, looking for anything that I would be able to ID as deception, or something like that.
WinterRat1
No deception. Mostly caution, examination (they're checking you guys out, making sure you're on the level, stuff like that)
paul_HArkonen
ok, thanks
WinterRat1
Shev- Etiquette roll. Incorporate the standard modifiers for a level 2 contact.
Shev
Ok. I don't have SR3 on me right now, so I can't remember the modifier. Was it a -1 to TN or a +1 to die for the test?
WinterRat1
+1 die
Shev
Ouch.

2,2, and 1.

Two more ones and I would have ruled of oned it...
Sedna
What is it with you and Shadowland(-related) Etiquette? biggrin.gif
Shev
Actually, this is normal ettiquette smile.gif

but yes, Ave does seem to be having some problems with ettiquette wink.gif
Shev
Ok, not to be pushy, but where is everyone else? Other than Paul, I feel like the only player on this thread. What's everyone else doing?
paul_HArkonen
I think they were waiting for us to finish up our stuff that we did.
Like the meeting.
Sedna
Previous post notwithstanding, drag me in any way you like. It's just that Alleycat's done all she can think of for the nonce.
Shev
Ok then. Avalanche has done all he can do, really. Shall we skip ahead to tonights meeting then?
paul_HArkonen
sounds fine by me.
WinterRat1
Consider it bumped. Whoever wants to start the meeting off, fire away.
WinterRat1
Digital,

In case you didn't notice, the others bumped the thread to the meeting. Was your character supposed to be at the meeting or is he heading out already? If not, and your latest post is accurate, is there anything else you said to your decker friend that he could respond to with anything other than a 'Whaddya want?"
WinterRat1
Wrong place. Sunday Karma moved to LITS: OOC
Sedna
This and one or two more posts should complete what's going on with Durin / Neophyte Overlord wrt Salvation. There's a possibility of supplies and/or border crossing bribes, but Durin won't be coming with us. WinterRat: could you roll for Durin any relevant Etiquette numbers?
WinterRat1
Sedna, since we're basically writing Durin out of the thread to be an NPC, assume he rolled whatever was necessary to achieve whatever result you were shooting for
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
Digital,

In case you didn't notice, the others bumped the thread to the meeting. Was your character supposed to be at the meeting or is he heading out already? If not, and your latest post is accurate, is there anything else you said to your decker friend that he could respond to with anything other than a 'Whaddya want?"

He's supposed to show at the meet, but he's also fixing for a long haul trip, so I figure he'll be a touch late, oversleep or something of the like. He's going to be requesting that Duffy hook him up with a provision to his SIN to allow border transit along the way. Preferably in the form of a visitor's visa.
Neophyte Overlord
I am here to say I am dropping out.

I'm sorry, I just don't seem to have the ability for the multiple prolonged posting that these threads deserve.

WinterRat1 you have made a great world, that I will continue to read.

Again my apologies to every one.
paul_HArkonen
Hey guys, I'm going to be out for this weekend, I don't know whether I will have internet access or not, but starting Friday morning my access will be doubtfull.

Please feel free to NPC my character as needed until Monday, after that I'll be "back in the saddle again".

Paul_Harkonen
Sedna
Don't delay the meet on account of Durin (okay, so that's two more posts of filling in in-between story, but that's absolutely it!), and Alleycat will show up at the meet shortly. It's just that I'm just behind in everything, and on Dumpshock I've been trying to prioritise those things which touch other people most directly.
Shev
I'm mainly waiting on Cheng. Avalanche isn't the leader type, so he isn't about to try to take charge and start the meeting.
WinterRat1
As you guys may have noticed, Kurukami seems to be MIA. Additionally, Neophyte has dropped out. Digital is back and should be picking up his posting, I hope? But this does leave you guys a bit shorthanded. Would you like to have some NPC backup to flesh out your team? If so, let me know here, and I'll try to work on some NPC's for you all.

Shev, Paul, or Sedna, feel free to start the meeting so we can get rolling, although you're right Shev, Avalanche would probably wait for Lady Cheng. For practical reasons, that may not be feasible.

And I have been trying to contact Kurukami. Does anyone else know what the story is there?
Shev
As soon as it becomes apparent that Neophyte's character (Durin, I believe) is out, Avalanche will give Dice a call. I hopes that's ok, just thought I'd forestall any GM attempt to bring in more muscle than we need smile.gif

Looking back at the Idiots Guide to the Matrix thread, this isn't the first time Kurukami has pulled a disappearing act. I would say at this point, Cheng simply doesn't show to the meeting, and defies all attempts to contact her.

At this point, I'm simply waiting for Alleycat and Tin Star to show up, Durin to call and say he can't do the run, and it to become apparent that Cheng isn't going to show.

So, we need to replace muscle and a rigger/decker. Dice can take care of the muscle bit. Let's let roleplaying determine the rest.
Sedna
You had the thought at the same moment as I had the time, Shev spin.gif

Re Durin, it'll be okay to begin the meet without him: if you get any word from him, it would be during the meet anyway. Re Cheng, there's seven dozen and one ways to temp-stall an absentee player's PC, so one way or another that can be covered.

That leaves only Tin Star, and he's already established that he's a "fashionably late" type of character: which gives us a jumping-off point for that call of Avalanche's.

Editing to add apologies to you and paul_HArkonen for the delay of Alleycat's entering which led to your frustration and to the currently overlapped post. Since I've been seriously time-strapped, I'd been trying to Dumpshock prioritise those postings which forwarded other people's stories as my responsibility to others ... but forgot that playing my own character was equally a responsibility to you.

Anyway, she's there now, and even if I happen to go sporadic again (which I don't intend, but which life circumstances may bring about anyway), WinterRat has full carte blanche to write Alleycat how he will, so as not to delay anyone further.
WinterRat1
Durin and Lady Cheng's absences are covered. If there's any problems with the filler I posted, let me know. Otherwise, on with the show!
Shev
WinterRat1: I've deleted the PM that had the name of the rebel group we met with (inbox was getting full) so I'm trying to remember what the name was. I'm going to go with MPA (for $500 please, Alex wink.gif) which stands for Metahuman People's Army. It's from Year of the Comet so it least it's canon, if not correct biggrin.gif
WinterRat1
Shev-that's fine. I don't know if I still have it either. That's cool though. Whoops. Ha.

Anyway, Paul and Shev- Great job role-playing and carrying the thread. I'm going to let you guys keep running with it until you put something in the thread that requires my intervention or an OOC request for such. So if I seem to not be replying, prompt me, cause I'm watching you guys for when it seems your characters are no longer interacting with each other and require interacting with other things beyond your control. Just a note.
Shev
Just to make sure, Mr. Fan DID give us contact info, right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012