Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salvation OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
paul_HArkonen
ok. First I apologize if I took liberties in having Squall Aggree to work with him without doing a roll, if you feel an ettiguette test or the like was needed please let me know and I'll rework the post as needed.

Secondly the Ettiquette test first for the encrypted Radios (from an ooc perspective rating three preferred but that wasn't specified so anything Squall has is good). And the Test for the other info.

Radios: 03 03 02 (if this counts as street) 05 04

info: 04 04 02 (same as above) 21 03

Please God let it count as street notworthy.gif

*edited: due to the new Third request that Blaze is making is a third ettiquette test

Decker: 03 03 01 (street) 05 03
Digital Heroin
Ok, I new this would be coming, but I didn't expect the scope of length of time of it. I'll be heading to sea Monday, and apparently I'll be out all but a few weekends for about a month... this won't mean I'm completely gone, but my access may be spotty as all hell (not that I'm on so often anyway, eh)... I don't know that I'll be so active I'll be...
Sedna
Per the Yahoo group calendar notation I'm mostly off-line today and tomorrow, paul, just fyi -- but I'm dropping in anyway, here and there, as things permit.
paul_HArkonen
RL happens, don't worry about this, just worry about whatever it is you're supposed to be focusing on out there (don't know exactly what you do).
Sedna
Well, RL is a bit complicated to try to describe, and it's been years since I've had jobs that could be described in other than essay questions. If you're curious, there's a blog linked in my profile, but it might not answer the questions you'd be asking.

WinterRat and/or DH: just by way of knowing where we are with this planning -- let's face it, we've been stalled -- I'm needing some of the follow-up information specific to Tin Star.
WinterRat1
Sedna- Tin Star will have the retainer for your allies, and he also has the proper IDs/forged paperwork for him to drive to Cal Free State. I scanned through Salvation and those were the only Tin Star specific things I found. Let me know if I missed something or you need anything else.
Sedna
Also, to try to track down a decker (even if there's duplication, that was for all of us to try to do) and/or rigger and/or muscle or weapons expert and/or boat: and if decker is found, to get the Matrix search for all things Alexander and sister underway. We won't be discussing the results of said tracking-down as anything specific in this location (which is why Sal hasn't yet mentioned the trucks); and we'd be conducting interviews for possible new team members later in any case.

(Thanks for fielding this!) smile.gif
WinterRat1
Tin Star tells you he has a lead on some muscle who might be willing to work a bit cheaper (i.e. more within your budget) as well as a possible rigger with his own boat. However, he needs to go through channels to get in touch with both of them, and that means you probably wouldn’t be able to meet or talk to them until Tuesday the 9th, earliest. However, he can put the word out now that you’re interested so as to meet with them earlier on the 9th as opposed to later. No luck on the decker though. They seem to be in high demand right now.

Anything else you need to know?
Sedna
I'm assuming whoever Duffy is is among that list. Besides that, radios with respectable encryption -- but (metagaming) I seem to remember that Blaze was dealing with this through Max -- if I'm right, paul, I'm waiting for you to write that part up. (Actually I'm waiting on you regardless: we'll (N)PC Tin Star as needed after that post.) We'll need the decker to have appropriate tap-in equipment, but that's something to deal with later smile.gif
WinterRat1
Actually, it was Squall who said they could get the radios with encryption, and IIRC, Blaze put in an order for 4 of them.
Sedna
Oops -- knew relying solely on memory was a mistake, and I couldn't find the reference quickly. So my post will follow paul's, and -- do you want me to try to write up Tin Star's contribution after that?
paul_HArkonen
Yeah, He said he could get 4, with encrypt decrypt, unkown rating, and unkown time till they arived. Also I remember putting out word to Max and Squall that we needed a Decker, but I don't know if they're able to find one.
WinterRat1
Actually, since work is a bit slow today, figured I’d earn that title of GM today and write it up myself. ETA about 10 seconds…
WinterRat1
Does that cover Tin Star for now or did you guys need anything else?
Sedna
I think we're clear. paul, did you need anything else?
paul_HArkonen
well, we kinda need a decker... and about 100 more runners, but other than that yeah, I'm good.

please ignore the sarcasm, and feel free to fast forward to the meet.

*Edit and in light of your OOC comment in LiTS OOC I'm going to make another Asensing test (represents him continueing to check people's auras like a good paraniod runner)

Assensing: 08 08 05 03 02 01

ok, that deals with my "the GM is out to get me" paranoia for now*
Sedna
Noted, paul, and agreed re decker -- Sal just can't discuss missing team members in this environment. Writing it forward now, but so as to allow for the results of your assensing test, should it be of imminent relevance wink.gif
Sedna
WinterRat, have to wait for his response to Blaze before I can tackle #1.
WinterRat1
Got it, good job communicating that in your post, btw
paul_HArkonen
I don't know if any sort of negotiations test or anything is needed, I would think not, but if so let me know.
WinterRat1
Not right now. This is just your response to their demands. If it looks like you're going to be arguing or whatever, we might need a negotiations test. For now, it's just role-playing.
paul_HArkonen
ok, just wasn't clear how much back and forth was needed before you considered it arguing.
Sedna
I hadn't thought it was that hard a post to answer, WinterRat (oops). In case you need rolls?
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Sorry guys. You're right Sedna, it isn't a very hard post to respond to. It's been a very emotionally draining weekend and I haven't been at a computer at all the last few days. To put it in perspective, between Friday night and Sunday morning I slept 28 hours. Not straight, but here and there. So I've kinda been a wreck, and that's why I"ve been sleeping a lot. I'll get a reply up Monday at work, i'm sure I can squeeze something in.
WinterRat1
The retainer was 5K, correct?
paul_HArkonen
I think so, but I have been known to be quite wrong on these things.
Sedna
Correct smile.gif
WinterRat1
Paul, I'll let you reply first since Sal addressed you directly. After that, I"ll reply to Salvation
paul_HArkonen
feel free to NPC Blaze out of the meeting, it'll be easier than us repeating the "unless someone doesn't like it" thing.
Sedna
So for when and if, we're both waiting on you, WinterRat smile.gif
paul_HArkonen
I am going to be gone from 8/12/05 till 8/22/05. I apologize if that causes any problems. I'll be posting up until the morning I leave, but most likely not at all during that time.
Sedna
Whoops -- I'd been waiting for you, paul, despite your NPCing suggestion: but I'd forgotten to mention it. Maybe you'd better write Blaze out of this meeting, since Alleycat just turned it into a direct question dealing with Blaze's next actions (is he coming with her [to check out the trucks, though she hasn't said the specifics yet])?
paul_HArkonen
yeah, he'd go, I'll write that up now.

*Edit* Ok, Blaze is now yours to NPC. If there's nothing else that requires me to post today I'll see you guys in a little over a week, and if there is I'll repond, then see you in a little over a week.
Sedna
Noted -- and hope to get you past the boring parts by then. Hoping the absence involves good things (and if yes, have a good time?) smile.gif
paul_HArkonen
heh, the abscence was a vacation to Yellowstone and parts there about. It was quite fun, saw big critters, and stuff like that. Also saw holes in the ground that spew water.

Anyway, I'm back now, catching up on reading over the next day or so, then back to posting.
Sedna
Glad it was enjoyed smile.gif Never quite made it to Yellowstone myself -- glanced off the north corner of the north state instead. Maybe one day, sometime before the Awakening.

Think I got you over the boring bits. Hope I got your tone more or less right? and you're okay with the Plan? If not, replace as you see fit.
Sedna
We'll work this out as you see fit, paul. The post in the other thread assumes only that sooner or later that afternoon she is going to end up at the university library, and go from there.
Mister Juan
Need any backup? cool.gif
Sedna
You know, it might not be a bad idea at that, to jump forward the various participants of the Warehouse fight a few days, maybe even to the 13th or 14th -- or to within a day of whenever interested players are available.

Are all the members of the Warehouse fight likely to be joining this run? If yes, after we survive the Warehouse fight, smile.gif we run through IC recruiting discussion only, discussing compensation, goal, and team needs.

After that we jump forward the appropriate number of days, during which each of us would be recovering, training, setting up resources, and doing such mission legwork as is appropriate for that PC. We could possibly cover that with a minimal number of IC posts, describing the structure for the OOC rolls. It helps that the Warehouse fight resolved at least some immediate outstanding issues.

And after that we bring in every PC who is willing to participate in the run and has a sudden need to get out of town. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012