Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ShadowRun FASA Archive giveaway Saturday!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Demonseed Elite
Arsenal was the German name for Cannon Companion, I think? Or something like that.

Denizens 2 is an Earthdawn Book. Denizens of Earthdawn 1 and 2 are Earthdawn race books. 1 covers Elves, Humans, Windlings and T'skrang. 2 covered Dwarves, Orks, Trolls, and Obsidimen.
Pepside
QUOTE (Tzeentch @ Sep 14 2004, 01:19 PM)
Some of these sound interesting, but I have NO clue what they are:

Eye of the Rigger

There were some Shadowrun novels published in germany by Heyne/Fanpro (back in 1994) by an author named H.J. Alpers. I think they were never published in english.

One of them was called "Die Augen des Riggers" (translation: Eyes of the Rigger).
Theres is another entry in PropWash s list: Alpers German.

My guess is that these are notes regarding those novels. Either to coordinate plotlines or intentions to publish them in the USA. Maybe translation drafts?
lorg
Looked thru the ED collection last night, ED6+7 probably isn't Spectors, there where 6 published once. 7 could be Liferock by Koke or one of the Spector books or something completely different.

Looked in your ebay store, concidering you'll only ship to the USA I can stop looking now.

PropWash
I'm willing to ship outside of the US, it just may be hella expensive, and you ARE obligated to pay it if you buy it regardless of insane shipping costs.

Black Isis
I just bought Aztlan and Threats....this will certainly be an interesting look at what was going on. smile.gif Propwash, if you want to scan them first before sending them to me, that's fine by me.
the_dunner
Woot! somebody else bought those two. Now I don't have to worry about exerting willpower to not buy 'em!
Shadow
Man, I just read this, talk about a gold mine. I wish I could get my hands on the Star Trek stuff. If anyone happens to get it, or any Batle Tech stuff please let me know if you would be willing to ship it to me (I would foot the bill).

The StarTrek rpg by fasa was really well done, and it would be cool to have all of that.
PropWash
Read thread, there is an Ebay store now. Lots of BT stuff remains.

Also, Trek editorial stuff is available, but in significantly less quantity.
Trek art on the other hand, I have a ton of.

When I'm back in town for more than a few days I'll try to process artwork and put it in the store.

Now, if you can drive out to Kalamazoo, you can have first dibs and best prices.

PropWash
Ok, shipments are arriving. Those of you who ordered stuff, please let me know if there were any problems with the packing. I am paying someone to pack the stuff and I want to make sure that the premium paid is worth it.

Adam
Err - in the eBay purchase thing, I asked you to email me with a shipping estimate so I could pay you. smile.gif
Black Isis
I received mine just fine Saturday, still paging through a lot of it. Have to say though, for those of you who were hoping the Threats and Aztlan stuff would have huge revelations, you're going to be sadly disappointed, from my first look-through. I think most of the stuff in both books made it out (somewhat unsurprisingly, there was a lot more stuff that was discarded for Threats than for Aztlan). I will try to get a summary of things I noticed up soon somewhere.
PropWash
QUOTE (Adam)
Err - in the eBay purchase thing, I asked you to email me with a shipping estimate so I could pay you. smile.gif

Hey Adam, I have sent you 5 Emails through Ebay and 1 or 2 PMs on this site, any chance you are on here more than once a month?

Fortune
QUOTE (HolyYakker)
Anyone who gets stuff related to Urban Brawl PLEASE Make Scans for me.

I haven't finished the thread, but if nobody has told you yet, you can find info on Urban Brawl here. smile.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (JongWK)
By the way: Though it could no longer be true for SR, it seems that FASA's Hecate *was* Alachia.

Hah! I knew it all the time. biggrin.gif
Fortune
Hey Ancient History...

I'm too lazy to check your page (actually, I'm on limited dial-up), but has there been any development or info on Madagascar? Could this Umsondo dude be in any way involved in what is happening there in his role as 'The Watcher'?
Ancient History
No news, Fortune man, except that it's rumored a female Great Feathered Serpent named Fanany lairs on Madagascar guarding a cache of dragon eggs. No word on Umsondo.
Fortune
But it's not out of the question that this might be one of the so called Power Sites that Umsondo is charged in Watching, is it? Just because they haven't been specifically linked in Canon (as of yet), it isn't out of the realms of possibility.
Rock-Steady
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Sep 14 2004, 07:23 PM)
Arsenal was the German name for Cannon Companion, I think?  Or something like that.

Roger that.

QUOTE (Pepside)

There were some Shadowrun novels published in germany by Heyne/Fanpro (back in 1994) by an author named H.J. Alpers. I think they were never published in english.

One of them was called "Die Augen des Riggers" (translation: Eyes of the Rigger).
Theres is another entry in PropWash s list: Alpers German.

An excerption (sp?) of that story is in the first "Germany Sourcebook", at least in the german translation. Dont know if it was an bonus in the german one or if the english one contains it as well.
Ancient History
QUOTE (Fortune @ Oct 2 2004, 01:14 PM)
But it's not out of the question that this might be one of the so called Power Sites that Umsondo is charged in Watching, is it? Just because they haven't been specifically linked in Canon (as of yet), it isn't out of the realms of possibility.

It is almost given that Madagascar has at least one potent magical hotspot on it, if only because of the regrowth. Exact specifics, however, are unknown; no network of power sites has been described in that area as of yet, and I think it too far out to be part of the Ring of Fire. Someone is undoubtably watching the area, most likely three are Harlequin (sighted there), Fanany (rumored to be there), and Umsondo or Mujaji (relative geographic closeness.)
Fortune
No word on who's eggs Fanany is guarding, I assume? Is this Fanany a Great Dragon? If so, is it anyone we know, or any hints even? If not, what the hell is (s)he doing guarding Dragon eggs?
Ancient History
As above, Fanany is supposed to be a female great feathered serpent. No one we know, the hint about a large cache of dragon eggs on Madagascar have been around as far back as Cyberpirates.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Fortune)
No word on who's eggs Fanany is guarding, I assume?

Given the degree to which hatchlings depend on their guardian rather than their biological parents, one wonders if it matters.

~J
RangerJoe
Just got back from Chicago with a suitcase full of giveaway stuff. I culled the boxes my folks got there for interesting looking things, including development notes and drafts of Calfree, Aztlan, Renraku Arcology Shutdown, Awakenings, Corporate Security Download, and more. A buddy of mine has the development specs for the SR NES game. So much swag. I'll pass along juicy bits (probably in a new thread) as I come across them.
mattness pl
Just got back from Chicago with a suitcase full of giveaway stuff. I culled the boxes my folks got there for interesting looking things, including development notes and drafts of Calfree, Aztlan, Renraku Arcology Shutdown, Awakenings, Corporate Security Download, and more. A buddy of mine has the development specs for the SR NES game. So much swag. I'll pass along juicy bits (probably in a new thread) as I come across them.

Where are those treasures, Ranger?
Gimmi da link, gimmi da stuff :bs:
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Ancient History)
As above, Fanany is supposed to be a female great feathered serpent. No one we know, the hint about a large cache of dragon eggs on Madagascar have been around as far back as Cyberpirates.

Well Cyberpirates came out three or four years before the Earthdawn Dragons book I think, so the whole only Great Dragon's/giving eggs over to raise etc. wasn't in play yet.
Kagetenshi
That's based on the faulty assumption that all material is only thought up for the book in which it is introduced. That could have been a part of dragonkind for years before either book.

~J
Fortune
A lot of the core Dragon info was and is compatable with the Dragons pdf that FASA released for Earthdawn.
Johnny Reb
Huh.

Now I sort of wonder if Fanany might be Usmundo. "The Watcher" = "One Who Watches The Great Egg Clucth" or some such? It would also work with teh lines about the Rain Queen.

But I'm sure there's a billion reasons why this couldn't be.

AH, I think that this is your cue. smile.gif

-- Johnny Reb, about to recieve enlightenment!
Fortune
Didn't think of that. Interesting theory. smile.gif
Ancient History
Before the hardcopy, yes. Before the PDF? I'd have to check. Thanks for digging this up, by-the-by, I meant to look through it again.

[/edit] Oh, here's a cute little conspiracy theory: Umsondo is a Watcher. Some immortal elves serve/served Great Dagons.

What Wyrm had a group of intelligence operatives and assets known as Watchers?
PropWash
Awaken my thread!

I still have a bunch of stuff that isnt moving on Ebay or any other method, so I'm going to give more of it away.

I will be in Chicago at Cod Con the weekend of April 16th.

I'm probably going to pack 5-10 boxes of SR stuff to give away for free (a couple bucks for lunch, gas or a better haircut would be gladly accepted though)

Is anybody from these forums interested in picking any of this stuff up?

Also, I have the ShadowRun city model on Ebay (ebay search "shadowrun city" ) I am ending my 'storage arrangement' in Chicago, so it must go.

Black Isis
Oh man, that is awesome. If only had I had the space to put it somewhere. frown.gif
shadow_scholar
Does anyone have an extra copy of the "High Tech and Low-Life" art book that they'd be willing to part with? I could pay shipping, plus a few bucks extra for the trouble.
Kagetenshi
What're your listings? I'd go in for a few more crates of the stuff.

~J
Kin
Have someone found information about Rugaria among the Earthdawn materials?
PropWash
My listings are on Ebay under the Ebay store name 'MechJock Depot'

I will be taking the 'store' down for the con season as I tend to give away a bunch of stuff to random SR, ED, and BT fans at the cons or near the vendor booths.

(Last year some kids playing SR ended up with 2-3 boxes worth of original development materials, I love being Satan Claws)

If you know Phorce Phed, he is a local and can check out the stuff first hand if you can get him to serve as your 'eyes' and whatnot to see if there is something here you want.

Kagetenshi
Can you give us any hints as to who might be able to ship 500-lb crates, for those of us not shipping much freight?

~J
PropWash
Well, it is currently in a warehouse with full dock access, so I suspect FedEx or UPS Ground Freight are decent options.

I shipped some artwork via freight due to the dimensions, and I later had shipment of the Elemental quoted. The elemental is larger than the City in every dimension, and the price largely depended on ship-to zip code.

I think as a high watermark I priced midwest to left coast in the neighborhood of $400, but by all means, dont hold me to that.

otaku mike
LINK
Kagetenshi
I looked at both of those, but I'm not finding anything for single-use freight, sadly. I'll have to see if I can find a way to afford it; is there any chance it'll come down in price, or will it just sit there until you finally toss it or someone buys it?

~J
PropWash
As crappy as it sounds, I probably wont lower the price.

If the item sells, I have to payout to some people who have helped me store and transport the various items (including the manuscripts and artwork).

If it doesnt sell, I dont have to payout anything but gas expenses. I'll bring it home and shoot some stop-motion mecha godzilla destruction, then a bonfire.

I pulled my Ebay store today as I now have more people asking me to research shipping and NOT buying, when the descriptions clearly indicate my policy on such things. I'm not going to post a net loss any longer.

I still feel the items are / were being sold at near giveaway prices relative to the uniqueness of the items, so shipping should be moot regardless.

How often have you even had the CHANCE to buy the original editorial manuscripts and development files of your favorite games and related novels?

I will be taking a few boxes of stuff to cons and whatnot, but the bulk will be moved to my spare storage area on my property. From there the stuff will get mold infested and eventually burned or recycled.

After seeing someone pay $70 for the retail version (mint and OOP mind you) of an item I was selling the original draft for at $27. I was a bit crushed. Especially when the same person expects me to give it to them for free.

I know its a bit of a rant, and many of you have been very supportive, but a LOT of energy and expense has gone into preserving some history of a game franchise I dont even have any interest in.

I thought I could give some away, and sell some later, in hopes to at least break even in the end.

Oops.
Captain Trips
QUOTE (shadow_scholar)
Does anyone have an extra copy of the "High Tech and Low-Life" art book that they'd be willing to part with?  I could pay shipping, plus a few bucks extra for the trouble.

Check out Stiggybaby

Click on the FASA link in the left hand menu.
Click on the shadowrun RPG link when the page of SR products loads.
High Tech & Low Life should be on teh 2nd page of SR RPG products, at a price of $8.

I have made a number of orders from Stiggybaby, and have been happy with their service.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012