Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting: Bounty Hunt
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Sphynx
If someone would like to post my character, I'll send them the html file. Maybe get our own webpage going with the different members of the hopeful-team. smile.gif

Sphynx
BishopMcQ
Send it on over to me...

mcquillan (at) san rr com (Add dots as appropriate)
aeon
Alright, full story still in work, but I will post a sneak peak for you guys.

Desmond Brice is an elven mage, hermetic.
He graduated at UTT and belongs to one of the more important families in the Tir. His main motivation to get into Bounty Hunting (be it metahumans or critters) is getting a thrill and extending his horizon. At least that's what he will tell you when you ask.
In fact he grew tired of politic games and needs to get out of the shooting line of some friends he made in his home country.
I think he (and his name) could make a good front for a company of bounty hunters (as I'd prefer to form one of our own instead of getting hired by an existing one). He lacks local contacs however (except a lawyer and one other person)
HMHVV Hunter
My character, named Helios, is a vampire hunter with a vengeful streak against the bloodsuckers a mile wide. He lived a peaceful urban life until he was 18, when a vampire broke into his home and killed his family. Giving way to a killer rage, Helios grabbed a kitchen knife and incapacitated, meticulously tortured, and eventually killed the vampire. Since then, he's dedicated himself to the utter annihilation of all of the HMHVV-infected - vampires, banshees, wendigos, etc. He doesn't limit himself to contract slayings either; he's been known to go to town on a haven of ghouls just to get rid of them, and he even does pro bono work for those who don't have the money to get rid of the monster haunting them.

Helios is a caucasian male that stands about 6.5 feet tall, with black hair and brown eyes that seem to rage with an inner fury in battle. His clothes are often all black. He also carries three types of special bullets to help him take down the various Infected he meets. He often seems driven, even psychotic, to those he meets. He has an extremely morbid and dark sense of humor.
Tanka
Mmk, I'm better. I'm gonna do some grooming (Hey, down for two days and you expect me to be able to stand up straight? Ha! Anyway) then head to the bank and make a deposit, grab some grub, then pound out Uncle Charlie. I'll list the specifics when I get him done. BG is mostly done, but need some fleshing out. After that, I'll have him down for Ecc and the major BG points out for you guys.

I can host the HTML if you need me to. Granted, only 30k upload (meaning you guys will download it at a sloth's pace), but if there aren't too many images, it won't matter.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Bastard)
Big E-

In Rigger 3 when you design a vehicle the rules says it should usually be considered a main line vehicle...but I dont see it (maybe I missed it) in Cannon Companion. If I design a weapon could I consider it a a mainstream weapon anyone could buy (with proper papers atleast), instead of something my character built? I would much rather build a weapon to fit him and/or the teams needs instead of having to find one.

It has been the general concencess that if you are making something totally new, you need a facility to pull it off. However, PM what you designed and if I like it, I'll likely allow it.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Bastard)
Mr B.

edit---when you say 1 Karma per 10,000 nuyen.gif does that go both ways?

You mean, spending cash from initial character creation? Nope, sorry.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (toturi)
Character notes: Yeah, I know. The old amnesiac assassin act. I was thinking about Jason Bourne-like character. He is trying to find out more about his past and putting it to rest.

Go for it, it just gives me more bait for the long run... vegm.gif
Tanka
Just so you know, I'm going to be counting a crowbar as similar to a steel pipe. ((Str + 2)M Stun, Clubs)

If you think it should be different, let me know.
Bastard
My bad Big E---thought we tacked on money as well as the 100 Karma... frown.gif Need to go back to 1st grade and learn to read.

B
Tanka
Correction: Crowbar is +1, as lead pipe is only +1 (according to NSRCG, heh).

Too bad Big D's Temper rounds are out of availability for chargen. I could have a blast (no pun intended) with those. devil.gif
Tanka
It's away!

ecclesiastes76 (at) yahoo (dot) com, correct?

If not, then some other random Joe got my BG and sheet. nyahnyah.gif

Since you've all probably heard of Uncle Charlie, might as well put the whole BG. You guys can do variations as you see fit for how your character knows his story. He tells it different every time anyway. nyahnyah.gif

Background

“Charlie! Get your hoop back inside right now! It's time for dinner!”

A young boy came barreling through the forest with a young dog chasing after him.

Two days later he came home, wondering why his mom hadn't yelled for him. He found a Barghest taking its last round from his parents' now dead bodies. Charlie ran straight for the tool shed and grabbed the biggest crowbar he could lift. In a surge of adrenaline, he managed to surprise it and put the crowbar through its spinal column. It flailed in one final pre-death maneuver, slashing Charlie's cheek. It would be the first of many scars received from a critter fight.

Fast forward thirty-five years. Charlie still has that same old crowbar and uses it against every bounty he comes across. Nowadays, everybody calls him “Uncle Charlie.” He's always got a story to tell people (overblown, of course) when they ask him. If he were fat and didn't have all those scars, you might mistake him for Ol' Saint Nick. Well, that and he's missing his left eye, lost to a Piasama about ten years ago.

Over the years, he's grown pretty popular amongst the other bounty hunters. Known to do the job properly and efficiently, he has plenty of high marks. His favorite technique is to injure it from afar and close in for the kill (hey, he's old, not stupid) with his crowbar.

Every so often, a magically-active person will tell him he's an adept, but he just laughs and tells them: “I'm just an old man that never got a 'real job,' but if it makes you feel better about yourself, then you go on and believe it, son.”

Little does he know, he is an adept (and an initiate to boot). He first manifested on the day his parents died. That adrenaline surge was his first power coming to life.
Ecclesiastes
How completely original! eek.gif
Tanka
Eh?

That could be taken as sarcasm, but the emoticon kind of makes it not so. But, then again, it kind of does.

I must just be tired. Or something.

Yeah. Cheese. Except I can't eat that. Dammit.
Ecclesiastes
Ak. That was ment to go in the Windy City game about your Elf Face B&E character. D'oh!
Whizbang
Background sent. Almost done with the char sheet.

Darien Starr doesn't talk much about his past. What little that can be gleamed is that he was a special ops decker for Saeder-Krupp until he had a run in with some hellhounds. As he seems no worse the wear for the encounter, aside for less than obvious cybernetics, his reasons for leaving the corp he keeps to himself. He also keeps to himself the time in between, which was spent as a shadowrunner. He doesn't have a particular grudge against paranormal creatures...in fact he has an extreme fear of hellhounds. Instead, he works with the group to enable him to practice his skills in a technically more legal setting.
Tanka
Ak.  That was ment to go in the Windy City game about your Elf Face B&E character.  D'oh!

Heh, I kind of figured. nyahnyah.gif
Shadow
Tanka, UC looks awesome.

Well the good news is that I will be working till ten tonight, so I should be able to finish off my character for the game.

Ahh I love the smell of money in the morning. OT is like free money.
Tanka
Crowbars and Shotguns. Now is that old guy or what? grinbig.gif

Oh, 'grats on the OT. Gotta love it.
Shadow
I have narrowed some more down on my girl. She will take bounties on Para's as long as she considers them 'wild animals that are a threat to society' end quote. No killing Sasquatches or Ghoul comunitoes that are benine.

Vampires... well the door is still open for that, she probably wouldn't want to go after them for the same reason no one does... the posibility of being infected.

Humans, no problems. 10 years on the force taught her to tract and find people like it's breathing.

She also has a talent for langiages, she knows a half dozen easy and speaks most of them fluently.

Johnson
Tiny BIO and History Background has been sent
HMHVV Hunter
Ecc, did you get my stuff in the e-mail yet? Just wondering.
HeySparky
A question - Can we start with Ally Spirits?
Shadow
Sahara is done, I just need to run the BG by Mcq so that he can mesh his with her, then I will send her to you Ecey.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter)
Ecc, did you get my stuff in the e-mail yet? Just wondering.

Got it.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (ES_Sparky)
A question - Can we start with Ally Spirits?

Sure can.
HeySparky
What about self-initiates with the Familiar Ordeal?
Ecclesiastes
No problem.
paul_HArkonen
can you give us a list of people who you have actually recieved stuff from, or at least let me know if you've gotten mine?
Ecclesiastes
Sure. I've got a lot of them and a few people didn't give their Forum ID when sending the email, so I'll just list the character names for ya and you can see if yours in on the list. I haven't gone over them all yet, mostly I'm just checking backgrounds and glancing at the sheet to get a feel for them.

Charlie (Cool concept, nice background, though I'd like to see it fleshed out more)
Darien Starr (Well done background, very fleshed out character)
Grave (still need background)
Grizzly (Good background and concept, though I'd like more details about background)
Helios (Great background, though may not be the greatest team player)
The Major (Loved the background you sent, but I'd like to see more of where the story goes and how he got to where he is today)
Wong Li (still need background)
paul_HArkonen
thank you, I'm the major, i didn't think to put my forum name on cause its the same as the email, my fault.
Ecclesiastes
I liked what you sent, but I'd like to see more too. The story was well writen, but it ended too soon.
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Ecclesiastes)

Well, every team's got their anti-social element in it. I'll just be that element smile.gif
Sphynx
Grizzly, aka Xavier Raventalker was born in one of the oppressed Native American reservations in the year 2010. As a child he was always the shortest of the same aged children due to the UGE which was very new, and not fully understood. BitesLikeWater was the Medicine Man of the tribe and was the only one aware of the mystical nature of his birth, and gave tutelage to him. In all respects except blood, BitesLikeWater was the father of Xavier, up until the day of his 16th birthday when he was to perform the Rite of Manhood. During this long fasting period, Xavier met his totem the Raven. It is at this time that Xavier awakened and saw the world through the eyes of the spirit. His skills far surpassed BitesLikeWater, due to his magic being real and physically manifested. He could move things with his mind, and was even caught a few times flying through the air in chase of birds. Despite what one might think, this didn't lead to friends, as a matter of fact, he was extracized from the tribe, considered an outcast and even demon-ridden by the many residence who still followed the white man's cross.

This turned out to be best for Xavier who had always wanted to see the city where he knew would quickly accept him due to the wide variety of residence he'd heard lived in them. So he made his way to Seattle to forge his path in the world. Things didn't turn out as expected though, as a matter of fact, life went from the frying pan into the fire. Nobody wanted a halfer around, job potentials treated him as a kid, or as a reject. He spent the first 6 to 8 months working for ManPower, as hired labor. While on a job, a LoneStar mage noticed him using Levitate at a much higher than acceptable force and brought him in, costing him his job. It was only a short time before LoneStar changed the charge into a job offer, due to the increase need for magic security and investigations, and the spotless record of the kid.

For the next 16 years Xavier pulled 4 12 hour shifts a week, and received various commendations for outstanding performance in the field. His 16th year in though, while hunting down a JackTheRipper copycat killer, he ran into his first Paranormal, a Vampire. With the help of a Shark Shaman who appeared on the scene hunting the Vampire, he had his hoop saved when he took a rocket launcher right in the face, putting him in the hospital for weeks as they rebuilt his head. They replaced alot of his internal headware with cyberware, and his eyes are old-school stainless steel (silver) orbs with blue irises and black pupils. In order to cover expenses, the department moved him to a HTR team which entitled him to receive a higher grade of cybernetics, including a Smartlink which has recently been upgraded to include a RangeFinder.

For the following 8 years, Grizzly worked the HTR side of things until finally retiring just before hitting his 25th year of duty. LoneStar cops in Seattle know him by both reputation and name. Now he's spent the past 2 years trying to start his own Security Consultation business, but once again, racial prejudice has turned him against his dream. It's time to move on with life and find a new way to spend his years of experience without sitting in front of a vidscreen for hours.

DESCRIPTION:

Grizzly looks old. He's a little over a meter in height (4 feet exactly for you Americans that are still on the 'old' system), but always hovers at a height to make eye contact with whoever he's dealing with. He has very cybernetic looking eyes, long white hair that is tied in back with a makeshift cord that seems almost useless from the number of strands which hang outside of it and in his face. Wrinkles cover most of the scars from the damage he took, but if one were to look, they would see that the scars are definitely there, and not nearly as attractive without the wrinkles.

Grizzly
paul_HArkonen
Sorry about that, i was working on finishing up the rest of it, but haven't gotten it quite right, i'll send you the rest of it, like up to the present before firday, (maybe by the end of the day.)
Tanka
Charlie's mine. I can flesh him more. I do need to really work on the character for Sphynx's game, though. That one will take a lot more work.

Give me time and he'll be bigger and badder. Might even generate a small log of things he's hunted and conquered.
toturi
Grave's mine, Ecc, seems that attachment part of hotmail is acting up when I attach the background, so I'll post it here instead.

Images... voices…

“Hang in there, man. Don’t die on me…” A face, a familiar face streaked with grime and combat concealer.

“Severe head trauma… possible memory loss…” Lights, a masked face, the sterile scent of disinfectant…

“You there, man? Shouldn’t have sent you up there, kid. Should’ve known better. God, I’m sorry. I swear I’ll kill the motherfragger that leaked.” I know that voice, who is it?

Nathan Graves was born on 6 June 2035 in Washington FDC to a pair of proud career military parents. Although he was an elf, he looked close enough to being human that his true metatype was not discovered until he was 2 years old. Although his parents were both military officers, he was not burdened with strict rules. They allowed their only son his freedom and they taught him to do what was right even if other people around him did not. When he was 18, tragedy struck and his parents were killed in a massive vehicle pile up. Grief strickened, he turned to the Army, which he viewed as a second home. He enrolled into the UCAS Military Academy with the help of some of his parents’ friends.

In the Army, he poured all his grief into his training and showed that he had a keen eye as well as possessing latent magical talents. The training the military piled on him sharpened and honed his innate powers and skills. With his intelligence and strong moral fibre, he graduated top of his class of cadet officers. Not only did he survive the brutal Ranger and Special Forces training, he excelled. It was almost inevitable that he was recruited into the Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta. He cross-trained and deployed with numerous special operations teams from various countries and corps. It was during this period that he initiated as part of the SFOD-D magical group and received his bioware enhancements.

It was on a recon deployment to Aztlan that he lost his memory. His squad was blown by an intelligence leak and was ambushed. He suffered severe head trauma and suffered frequent flashbacks while he was convalescing. It was due to these flashback episodes that Delta decided to discharge him; they could not afford someone who would freeze in the middle of a firefight. He was introduced to a pair of ex-Special Forces intelligence officers, one of whom was working independently as a fixer while the other worked for Ares as a Johnson, by his former teammates. The fixer, Clark, offered Nathan a job, hunting down paranormal threats. With his training, Nathan was a quick and natural study.

Nathan feels that he is an imposter, playing the part of a hero. While other people had to live up to other people’s expectations based on who their parents were or who their brother or sister was, he had to deal with what the other Nathan was, who he was. It was this thinking that he decided to leave the Army behind and start from a clean slate in Seattle. Morally and ethically, he is like a child, he tends to see things in stark contrasts. His amnesia has wiped away any cynicism that he had previously, he sees things from new perspectives and different angles.

He is an amnesiac, an outcast within his own body. What is he going to do if one of his old friends come up and says hi? How does he know friend from foe? He does not remember anyone. What would the old Nathan have done in a given situation? He doesn't know, he's only making it up as he goes along. Pain... how he hates it, pain and the pain filled flashbacks that follow, people from his past, people he should remember but can't.

He can kill as easily as most people breathe, does that mean that the old Nathan was a remorseless killer? That couldn't be. The people back at Bragg, the old Nathan's teammates, did not behave as if he was. The people that knew him all talked as of his humour, his ready wit and his optimistic outlook on life.
Shadow
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter)
QUOTE (Ecclesiastes @ Sep 22 2004, 03:09 PM)

Well, every team's got their anti-social element in it. I'll just be that element smile.gif

No they don't have to have it.

---

Ecey, I sent you my BG but it is still "in progress". I need to confer with McQ as we are doing a semi shared background.

The sheet is done though, I just need to port it to something readable and pretty.
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Shadow)
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter @ Sep 22 2004, 11:26 AM)
QUOTE (Ecclesiastes @ Sep 22 2004, 03:09 PM)

No they don't have to have it.

No, but at least some teams do, and not just in Shadowrun. Look at the X-Men; would you call Wolverine a team player?

Besides, just because he's driven doesn't mean he's going to be irritating or frustrating to work with.
paul_HArkonen
OK revised background sent, i need to edit more, but in terms of being usable for a background for a character it's ready, once i get some more edits in it i'll post it.
Bastard
Big E-

I sent you my background for JT...still working on character though.
Ecclesiastes
Got it.
Bastard
should I post it here now? or do you want my character before then?
BishopMcQ
Ecc--Character in bound.
HeySparky
A few more questions:

-What month is it when the campaign starts?

-Are we trying to build a team or folks who would work well in a team?
Bastard
if a starting skill is spent at 6 but specialized can it be 5/7...or would we have to start a specialized skill at 5 so it would be 4/6

ex:if i spend 6 skill points on pistols

(6)pistols/Ares Predator 5/7

or would I have to start lower and use my 100 karma to increase past 6?
Shadow
Gun twirling tiger adept ex detective from India away!!!
BishopMcQ
Sparky--The main criteria I think was that we work well together, but some people (Shadow and I for example) have started meshing backgrounds together and comparing notes to make a more cohesive team.
Johnson
Ecc just check I sent the Bio and Background yesterday.

I will resend it now.
HeySparky
I'm up for that - meshing backgrounds.

This is a VERY rough sketch of the much larger picture...

Edana O'Reilly is young (early 20's) and new to Seattle. Shoot, new to the continent. Human, self-initiated, Shamanist following the Wild Huntsman. She's very independent and a bit on the shy side, having grown up with very little interaction with folks. But her lonely childhood has made her really value being around people, even if she's not especially good at the interactions. But, then, she has Herne, her Ally Spirit. Herne is like an imaginary friend that isn't. She works with Bows and Dart (Blowgun) for weapons and has sharp eyes and ears. Oh, and she has an impressive rack - curling ram's horns jutting out of her head. Dissapointed huh? They're troll horns, really, but they're for sure out of place on a tall, lean human woman.

A question about Ally Spirits - I'm working out of the SR2 Grimoire, anything special I should know about designing an Ally for SR3?

And another - What kind of spirits are Allies anyway? You buy/provide their stats, so do they or don't they follow an appropriate spirit template, nature, elemental...? And how do you determine their powers (other than those listed in the creation guide - Manifestation, Inhabiting, Sorcery, etc)?

Thanks. Rusty. Been a long time since I played (10 years! ugh!) and I never did much with Magic-types.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012