Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Casting Call
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Nikoli
That's quite alright.
Nikoli
QUOTE (Nine-9)
Unfortunately I wont be ableto send the character until monday... very busy weekend unfortunately, but will be good to go tuesday.

Nikoli, I need to know the cost for self initiation, no ordeal, only the one level thanks wink.gif

EDIT: oh, I tried messing with dat files in NSRCG to allow me to use it to create the character, but you cant seem to alter things such as max starting attribute levels, the amount of resources you get for your points and the skill cap of 6 for starting characters, what am I missing here, anyone know?

18 Karma or Spell point for Self-only no ordeal
Whizbang
I'm thinking

Control Actions
Fireball
Magic Fingers
Alter Memory
Laser

I'll likely buy some more spell points once I see what's left over after I build my deck. I get a bonus to manipulations and a penalty to combat spells. One or both of us might want to pick up a healing spell...
Nine-9
ah, well I already volunteered for healing duty, and aspected magic peeps get more spell points .
Whizbang
wow...enough money for two whole magic points when I was done with everything else...enough to put my odd force spell up to 6...
Whizbang
And by the way, messengers work just fine even on a dial up connection. Just don't expect to send or receive files unless you have all day.
Ol' Scratch
We need to talk about our Fixer contact and our base HQ.

Since I'm going to have plenty of cash left over, I'll go ahead and donate the money to boost our Fixer to level 2 and I'll go ahead and handle the biggest share of the fee for the groups' HQ.

That said, what kind of a Fixer do we want (or have you already cooked one up, Nikoli) and where do we want our HQ?

For the Fixer, assuming Nik doesn't already have one in mind, I think a metahuman one would be pretty cool -- maybe even something different like a troll or ork fixer. Maybe she or he might have some ties to the Mafia ('cause, frankly, the Mafia is always fun). wink.gif But I dunno.

As for the HQ, I was thinking about using an old abandoned chop shop in the Pullyup Barrens that we've renovated and made secure over the last two years. We'll probably pay off a local gang or two to help with security, which will be on the High or Luxury level, and there'll be room for a rented Vehicle Facility and maybe one or two shops (Microtronics, Enchanting, and/or Firearms perhaps?) if anyone needs them. They're really cheap when done this way even if the fee wasn't going to be spread out amongst all of us.

Sound good? Have any other recommendations or ideas? Any other needs, wants, or requirements some of you might have?
Whizbang
I was thinking computer or electronics shop...renovated place sounds good smile.gif
Tashio
Works for me.
Ol' Scratch
On another note, we might want to consider donating some cash to a pool so that we can buy some communications gear. I'm putting my vote in for a Master Tactical Communications Unit for our rigger and Personal Comm Units for everyone else (they're DNI-ready, come standard with encryption, and several other perks). Rating 4 to 6 is what I'd recommend as well.
Tashio
Problem is MTCU is avail 12. But would realy help, my char has the skills to use one + relevant equipment short of the MTCU. I think though that we can prehaps justify this one item above avail 10 because its not 1 person who gets this item.
Ol' Scratch
Ooh, I forgot about that one. The Master Unit isn't really a requirement, it just greatly enhances the range at which we could use the network. Well, unless you also have Small Unit Tactics, then it has its advantages.

That said, and since I'm an impatient git, I've thrown together the rough draft for the headquarters sans a cool description (feel free to offer one up if you feel in the mood). As always, let me know if you have any ideas for improvements or changes. We should probably decide what gang we hired to keep an eye on it, or we can just use one of the gangs one of us has a Gang Leader contact for (I was considering taking one). If one of our mages has Enchanting, let me know, too. We can get one of those shops pretty cheap (an extra 366¥/month for each of us).

THE CRASH PAD
Abandoned chop shop not far from Hell's Kitchen in the Pullyup Barrens.

Features: Area (Street, E-Zone), Comforts (Low), Entertainment (Low), Furnishings (Low), Security (Luxury), Space (Luxury). Also includes an Ammunition Shop, Firearms Shop, Microtronics Shop, and Vehicle Facility.

Edges & Flaws: Concerned Neighbors (gang), Defensive Setup, Disgusting Neighborhood (near Hell's Kitchen), Escape Tunnel, Horrible View, Inconspicious Housing (abandoned warehouse), Living By Committee, Privacy Screen 3, Rough Neighborhood.

Lifestyle Cost: 4,745¥/month + 2,250¥/month for the rented shops. 16 Lifestyle Points and 1.30 Mark-Up. Six roomates increase the Lifestyle's share by 120% (not calcalated into the previous figure).

Cost Per Player: 2,115¥/month each. This assumes that no one wants any custom Features above or below those listed above (but only as far as Comforts, Entertainment, and Furnishings go). If you want a custom change, let me know and I'll recalculate your share.
Tashio
Looks great. Military boy so low comforts is normal smile.gif What does that luxury security involve? Besides a friendly gang, I presume the costs for those are built into the monthly rate?
Ol' Scratch
Yes, they're all built into the rate. The Luxury Security gives us a Rating of 8 for all our locks and stuff, fantastic response times (by the gang), and stuff like that. Also includes bound spirits patrolling the place, wards, automatic gun turrets, and things like that. Pretty tough place to break into. smile.gif
Ol' Scratch
Anyone have any suggestions or rough drafts for our Fixer?
Nine-9
I'm cool with the mafioso being the main contact, unless nikoli has something plotted out.

Can two shamans share a lodge? I so it might be worth the two of us chipping in for that in addition. Nine will be springing for his own high lifestyle in addition, being as I see him as liking his home comforts wink.gif

Ol' Scratch
Shamanic Lodges are totem-dependant. But considering their costs, if you can't afford one on your own, you need help. wink.gif A rating 8 lodge is, what, 4,000 nuyen?
Ol' Scratch
Also, is everyone going to be able to afford a Rating 6 Personal Comm Unit? That's 9,000 nuyen. The lowest rated one we should probably buy is Rating 4 which is 6,000 nuyen, but that extra 3,000 nuyen is well worth the investment for a significantly more secure comm network. In addition, keep in mind that the lowest rated unit in a network sets the rating for the entire network -- so we should all have the same rating or higher.
Tashio
Yup, purchase already, I'm sure we all should have enough money left over.
Nine-9
so, reserving 19345 nuyen total for this stuff

6345 for three months prepaid on the gang hideout
9000 for the comm unit (does anyone have small unit tactics?)
4000 for the lodge (built into the group since theres a pile of space)

phew, should leave enough money for duct tape...
Tashio
Meh, I do.
Kremlin KOA
okay guys anyone who cant afford the comms I will cover for, just tell me rating 6 for all.... probably with encrypt and subvicals
Whizbang
Revised spell list after freeing up some cash....

Control Actions 6
Alter Memory 6
Magic Fingers 3
Fireball 6
Laser 6
Invisibilty 4
Levitate 3
Improved Reflexes 1
Healthy Glow 3 (exclusive)
Fashion 3 (exclusive)
Sterlization 3 (exclusive)
Mindprobe 6
Treat 3
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA @ Oct 24 2004, 05:54 AM)
...probably with encrypt and subvicals

Both are standard issue with a Personal Comm Unit. smile.gif DNI-ready (datajack-controllable), too.
Nikoli
well, the Fixer is limited to a Level one basic contact.

I'll design that one, but I'd also like you guys to give me an idea of the personality of your contacts. One or two hooks for me to build upon, that kind of stuff.
Ol' Scratch
Ah, thought we had the option to upgrade our Fixer's rating. That's cool. smile.gif

And, hey guys, I'm really sorry but I was misremembering the cost for the Personal Comm Unit. At Rating 6 it costs 12,000 nuyen, not 9,000 nuyen. <sheepish look> But that includes: Voice-activated wireless headsets, datajack control, ECCM 6, Encryption/Decryption 6, and allows each one to store 12 different channels so we can swap channels on a whim. It's a lot cheaper than covering all those bases individually.
Nikoli
And a much more concealable unit, but flux is half rating
Ol' Scratch
Considering Flux 3 is 4 kilometers, that's not exactly a problem. smile.gif Especially once we get a master unit for our rigger or whoever.
Nikoli
True
Kremlin KOA
Hey Mik jump on AIM if you can...
Ol' Scratch
Our rigger (or anyone else who'd want to invest in a Signal/Power Amplifier) could also extend the range of the communications if necessary, using their unit as a hub for the rest. A rating 6 amplifier would grant a range out to 25km.
Tashio
I suppose we should actualy ask if Nik's gonna let us aquire a MTCU seeing as it is Avail 12 smile.gif
Nikoli
I don't have the book sin front of me, what is the max rating at availability 12?
Nikoli
Okay, I'll allow the rating 4 MTCU.

I currently have 3 of the Characters, waiting on 3 more
Nikoli
Well, I went and made the Play thread

Here it is: Mmmm, clicking goodness......

Still waiting on 3 characters
SoyKaf Adict
Well, I have decided it doesn't pay to submit your character first... -grumbles at "Revelations"- Hey Nikoli, if I send you my character in .sr3 do you think you could make the adjustments to the character for me? That way you don't have to drive over here.
Ol' Scratch
Dude, no! You should have made him drive over just so that when he gets there, you could go "yeah, you's my bitch! Uh huh! Now get in that kitchen and fetch me a Pepsi!"
Nikoli
SoyKaf, I hate to break this to you like this, but the call was already closed when you tossed your hat in. I didn't realise that before, so I apologize for the confusion, but to be fair to those that didn't make it but submitted on time, I have to say no.
Ol' Scratch
See, you didn't do the whole "bitch" thing and look where it got you. Pfft. Amateurs.
SoyKaf Adict
Man, no wonder my friend beat tracks from this forum.
Johnson
Sorry I have been really busy the last couple of days. I have lost touch. I think I may have to pull out due to the fact I have not submitted a character. I don't want to hold up the works here.

What are the build requirements for the characters, I have not read since my last post. Sorry guys to burden anyone.
Nine-9
character will be sent to day, just ha a lot on the last few days, sorry if I'm holding things up
Nikoli
Johnson, the build requirements are on page 4. We're using the high power setup from MR. JLBB.
No extra Karma.
No harm no foul for anyone running late, I'm just here to provide the backdrop. If you folks hold yourselves up, I can deal.
Johnson
Fritz the B&E Dwarf is away.
Nikoli
I have received him, but had a few questions and comments for you in my reply.

Also, how old is Fritz?
Johnson
Fritz is 29 Years old Dwarf who has a passion for Electroinics.
Nikoli
Nine-9 and Tashio, still waiting.
Nine-9
unfortunately, I'm going to have to drop out. Sorry about doing this so late in the day, but I've had some RL things come up that mean I wouldnt be able to give this the full attention it needs.

Once again, apologies to all concerned
Johnson
Sorry to here that I hope you get your RL sorted Nine-9
Nikoli
It's quite all right, I hope you're able to get it all sorted out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012