Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tracking Mounts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Kagetenshi
Per gun per pass, yes. Not per shot.

~J
GaiasWrath8
Thats what I thought, if you fully comped a gun, GV4 on a gun that only puts out 3 points of recoil. You would never worry about recoil, even with multipul actions. But I guess I was wrong.
Paco
Expanding on the total twinkieness of the thread, would it be possible to house a few hundred MP in the tracking mounts, add a senros (thermo, low light, magnification, ultrasound), then add some robot programs to make them act as drones? Designate a target and let the tracking mounts do the rest. spin.gif

Botch
QUOTE (Backgammon @ Oct 27 2004, 06:03 PM)
QUOTE (GaiasWrath8 @ Oct 27 2004, 12:51 PM)
No, I was just talking simple stupid.

There is a baral mount in the cannon compainon. It is a target designator and cost 3000 nyan. It looks just like a laser sight, it does not funtion as one. So this was were you point the weapon with the target designator on it, the second weapon will point there as well. The trick is you could then put a laser sight on the tracking turet gun and the laser sight would be pointing right were you point your gun. Kinda cool.

Nelsen

Not quite. Spotting is a complex action that precludes you from doing anything else.

What, like shooting at the target you're already aiming at with the gun in your hand which is being used as a designator by aiming directly at the target you want to shoot at.

Spotting rules should not apply as the PC is not dependant on another to launch the projectile, nor is a being used to control a slow moving projectile such as a rocket or missle. The PC is most certainly not several klicks ahead of the gun battery painting a target for support munitions.

If there is any kind of restriction on his targetting system it would have to be a decision about how fast the tracking mounts can adjust aim and I can't recall reading any restrictions on that.
GaiasWrath8
Thats what I was saying.

If I have a gun...it has a lazar spotter thing on it. Why cant I shoot a target and have the two tracking mounts shoot at the same target I am shooting at. Seems like a good idea to me.

Oh ya, and what a great idea on the drown like tracking mounts. That would kick ass....but what if one day a virus got in your program. And it jsut desided to pick off your girl friend at dinner. LOL.
Paco
Id say that the tracking mounts at that point would be closed circuit and could only be accessed by someone physically hacking your bod ... I wonder if you were in the matrix if someone could hack through and take control of the tracking mounts as slaves ... interesting thought smile.gif
Tanka
QUOTE (Paco)
Expanding on the total twinkieness of the thread, would it be possible to house a few hundred MP in the tracking mounts, add a senros (thermo, low light, magnification, ultrasound), then add some robot programs to make them act as drones? Designate a target and let the tracking mounts do the rest. spin.gif

Why not just be a Rigger with BattleTac FDDM/IVIS and a good Sensor/Pilot rating?
Eyeless Blond
Heh. Rigging your own body; now *that* would be a fun idea. biggrin.gif
Tanka
I left out the mention of Drones in my above post, heh.

Though it would be possible. Look at The Network in Threats 2. If you can store/compile an AI from a bunch of brains, why not rig your own body?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012