Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rigging a bike?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Tarantula
Because bikes with c-12 in the seat are something you usually don't want to be sitting on when you ram it into the tank and detonate the c-12.
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
bikes can be rigged, but why would you want to? The fun of the bick is shifting the balance and feel of the wind, I speak from RL here.

That feeling should be intensified and built upon by rigging. Not only do you control the shifting of weight, but the thumping of the road against your feet, the gasoline coursing through your veins, the air rushing into your lungs, the fire of your heart, it's rhythmic beating beating faster, faster, faster... Not that it wouldn't hurt like hell to break, talk about rug burn.
Cochise
My usual 0.02¥ on that issue:
  • RAS-Override shuts down all unwanted / unnecessary body movement ... check
  • Rigging involves RAS-Override ... check
  • Decking involves RAS-Override ... check
  • Gyrostabilization is explicitly necessary for motocycles that are going to be used as drones, but not for directly rigged motocycles ... check.
  • The normal user mode for decking still involves the use of a keyboard which is not affected by the deck's RAS-Override => This kind of movement obviously isn't considered "unwanted" by the deck's RAS and can be performed without any restrictions ...
  • The rigger adaption (which includes the RAS-Override for rigging) for motocycles is more expensive than for normal vehicles => It appears to be specialized for exactly that purpose: Allow the rider to perform all necessary body movements required for steering a bike, but suppress all other types of movement (including actions like drawing a handgun and performing a classical drive-by-shooting or "melee" attacks in combat biking situation *the combatants there probably switch between rigging and virtual dashboard*)

As always: YMMV
mfb
nice. i like that explanation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012