Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I hate rats
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Toshiaki
QUOTE (Scratch)
QUOTE (Toshiaki-san)
These next two don't have stats listed because one of my players frequents these forums and they haven't run into them yet.

>>>>>[Let me attest from the player standpoint, ekaltadeta ima are a pain to fight...for any runner who's GM is enough of a Sadist to throw these ankle-biters at them, my advice is to use a ranged attack for AS LONG AS YOU CAN. No, it is not beneath the dignity of your initiated phys-ad to pick off these things with a hold-out pistol while fleeing like a little bish.]<<<<<
-- Scratch

Yeah, true. But the Movement power keeps that from working very long. These are pack animals after all. A few slow you down, the rest speed up.

Although truthfully, most of the nastiness from these, and from most critters, will come from the way that they are run. Just about anything that runs in a pack, from wolves to gangers, can be dangerous if they are used in the right way. Used poorly or singularly, most runners will eat single opponents alive with little challenge. A little bit of tactics, or good old animal cunning, can go a long way towards making an otherwise tame encounter into a true challenge.
Weredigo
This is a early relative of the Kangaroo

Interesting little historical fact. The name of the critter isn't Kangaroo, in fact one of the first europeans to make landfall on australia walked up to an Aborigine and asked "What do you call those", while pointing at the creature. The Aborigine knowing nothing of the european's language replied with "Don't Know" in his native tongue, and so we have a lot of 'I don't know's" hopping around in australia, or Kanga Roo's.
"Giant Demon Ducks of Doom,"

ROTFLMAO, oh that's a good one... definitely want a description of the looks on their faces when they see what these things are capable of.
Duck, Wabbit, Baseball
They describe it as being thick and heavy of build, with a feline head
sounds dwarven to me . . . i like it
Just about anything that runs in a pack, from wolves to gangers, can be dangerous if they are used in the right way.
use in almost overwhelming numbers to keep the characters from veering off course.

An idea I've been thinking about. Turtles. A Paranormal Turtle with the reflexes of a cat. Probably used to research Synaptic Accelleration by studying the differences between it's reflexes and those of a normal turtle. Why not make it a Snapping Boxer. They'd make great pets, and guard animals.
Diesel
All three of them.
Cynic project
QUOTE (Weredigo)

These rats are just random Duex Ex Machina,and lazy story ideas.

No, rather they are just background decoration. I'd never plan an entire story around them.
Do you also have squads of SAS, Ghosts, or Wild Cats, guarding fax machines down at the local printing store?

Do you put cyber zombies behind the counter of the stuffer shack?

Do you have great dragons running small street gangs, with a hands on leadership?

Does lone star patrol the barons,and everywhere else in SOTA heavy tanks, and military grade air support?

no, no, yes, no. the one Yes, due to sheer luck one of the council princes of Tir Tairngire was at one point in time Leader of the Ancients chapter in Seattle, He takes his orders from Lofwyr and the Now leader of the Ancients takes his orders indirectly from him.
why wouldn't the runnenr know abou these rats fromt he time they were born,or within days of them showing up in large numbers?

First, they didn't show up in large numbers. Second somethings you only learn through making mistakes.

So, you take it that one the largest and highest ranking gags in seatle(Center of the world TM) is a small street gang?
Cynic project
And one mre thing, why do they die when Dragons eat them,but no frm anything else?
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Cynic project)
And one mre thing, why do they die when Dragons eat them,but no frm anything else?

Because the GM is a Dragon fan that has very little imagination or lacks a sense of internal consistency in his game world?
James McMurray
Or because they're meant to be used as anti-dragon grenades somet ime in the future. Toss rat, wait 1-5 years, dragon dies of indigestion. biggrin.gif
Weredigo

Because the GM is a Dragon fan that has very little imagination or lacks a sense of internal consistency in his game world?

Honestly I dunno, I didn't create the thing myself, previous GM did, and my group likes to use them. Call it a deadly allergic reaction to the stomach acid...

So, you take it that one the largest and highest ranking gags in seatle(Center of the world TM) is a small street gang?
Maybe in other GM's games but unfortunately in mine the ancients are still licking thier wounds from a 4 month war with the halloweeners, in which they surrendered in defeat.
Tanka
QUOTE (Weredigo)

Honestly I dunno, I didn't create the thing myself, previous GM did, and my group likes to use them. Call it a deadly allergic reaction to the stomach acid...

So if I make a Vomit Grenade, I win?

QUOTE (Weredigo)
Maybe in other GM's games but unfortunately in mine the ancients are still licking thier wounds from a 4 month war with the halloweeners, in which they surrendered in defeat.

For some reason, I really doubt that would happen...
Weredigo
Unfortunately do to a sadistic and twisted GM it did, it wasn't pretty, it wasn't fun, and after it was said and done my first character rolled up for the game wound up with a limp (due to faulty artificial knee), one less finger, and responsibility for feeding, housing, clothing, schooling, and protecting 1/12 of Tir Tairngire's people. Apparantly same people who "orchestrated" the gang war, assassinated his father and all 7 brothers, the entire male side of his family wiped off the planet. Negative Pressure Value
Cynic project
QUOTE (tanka)
QUOTE (Weredigo @ Feb 13 2005, 09:39 PM)

So if I make a Vomit Grenade, I win?

QUOTE (Weredigo)

For some reason, I really doubt that would happen...

Well, stomach acid, is hydroclroach(sp) acid..As least as far as I recall.

And seeing as the holloweners are out smarting golden Snout himself... Well, clearly this man neds to go play a game like D&D,or DBZ.....
Weredigo
Halloweeners did not outsmart golden snout, 'twas well befor goldensnout's involvement.
John Campbell
QUOTE (Weredigo)
Unfortunately do to a sadistic and twisted GM it did, it wasn't pretty, it wasn't fun, and after it was said and done my first character rolled up for the game wound up with a limp (due to faulty artificial knee), one less finger, and responsibility for feeding, housing, clothing, schooling, and protecting 1/12 of Tir Tairngire's people.

Ooooo-kay.....
Cynic project
QUOTE (Weredigo)
Halloweeners did not outsmart golden snout, 'twas well befor goldensnout's involvement.

And the gang that golden snout is backing is not the roxor of camping?I mean, why wouldn't they be getting major bankroll,and support system? I mean if a grea dragon is taking an active role in anything it is because that thing is big.
Weredigo
Patience my freind. Every balloon starts out small befor they are filled with quite literally the breath of life.
Cynic project
Look,the whole mob is a small time group compared to SK. No,not the mob in Seatle.No, not the Mob in the UCAS, but the whole Mafia, around the world.

GoldenSnout owns the world's largest super power. It makes more money than any other AAA's and most likely at least twice as much as most of them.
Weredigo
Even goldensnout has a few claws into mafia orginazation... now he's got one permanently sunk into one he can easily put blame onto someone else for.
Sandoval Smith
I just realized that the uber-rats could be a perfect answer to the 'How to kill a Leopard III' thread. You just have to sell the players on the fact that somehow, their tank is being eaten by a rat that can shrug off naval damage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012