Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scariest critters out there
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Crimson Jack
The worst time my group has ever had is when I threw 2 master shedim at them at once. One Force 6, one Force 8. They had a pretty tough time with them. Fear>Essence Drain. Sick.
fistandantilus4.0
*starts enchanting Holy Hand grenade of Antioch Anchoring foci*
Mortax
Rotf!

I swear, I can't wait till my campain gets to surge.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)
Fear>Essence Drain. Sick.

Well, you know what they say: Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. biggrin.gif

On another note, Fear is strikingly over-powered, but it doesn't faze drones, as a Wendigo in our game soon found out.
fistandantilus4.0
That's where I'm lucky, as a GM.

I've discovered critters. They haven't discovered drones.

ANd, well, I discovered drones too. They're getting shot at by them right now. GO ARES!

Those gaurdians are nasty! (Ares gaurdian drone)

Speaking of which, anyone ever deal with gaurdian vines? They don't really seem al that tough to me. Just throw spells from a distance.

Critias
On the bright side, at least Fear will let a few of my characters finally get some sort of use out of the Bravery edge I compulsively purchase for them.
Omer Joel
QUOTE (Mortax)
Oh, almost forgot my fav. BUGS!
Send them into a big hive. Mosqito, beattle, and roach, I think, can have more than one mother spirit. Mantids are also good. Use the uber bugs from threats.

Just don't overdue them and don't use them as cannon fodder; use them for conspiracy plots rather than modern "dungeon crawls". If your players don't know much about bugs, it will work even better. Let them see the varied faces of the Invae threat inch by inch. "Investing" important people, "investing" even your best friends... people disappearing... strange experiments, strange cases of violence. Use the hive run as a climax, not the mainsty of the adventure, and don't be too generous with information. again, it works best with players who don't know bugs well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012