Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damage Codes / weights revisited?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (mfb)
because the game universe is compelling. because the genre is largely unique. because when the rules are good, they're very good. i bitch about SR because i like it, and because i want to see it made better.

Criticism is a good thing. I just can't seem get a handle on why Arethusa seems so upset that I don't agree with him, LOL.
Eyeless Blond
Arethusa's just been championing this subject for a long time now. He's not going to start, stop, or even slow down based on the arguments of one person. smile.gif
GrinderTheTroll
I'm all up for being determined and sticking to my argument, but steamrolling over anyone who doesn't agree seems rather closed-minded. dead.gif
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
The next BFTG?

In this thread, the weapon discussed as a BFTG was a .50 Alaskan firing a 450gr bullet at 1,905fps for 3,627ft-lbs of kinetic energy at the muzzle. This was, of course, for a handgun and not a shoulder arm, but the Rheinmetall 120mm M256 smoothbore cannon might still be a bit much: firing the M829A2 APFSDS-T round, the 73,233gr (10.45lbs) depleted uranium penetrator leaves the muzzle at around 5,830fps, which comes to 5,528,405ft-lbs of kinetic energy.

I haven't got any data on the exact ballistics of the XM1028 APERS round, but it's a safe bet it's somewhere in the 4.5 - 6.5 million ft-lbs range. Basically, it fires the equivalent of 130-150 tungsten 000 buck shot shells at ~2.5 times the muzzle velocity of a shotgun.

[Edit]Well, I tracked down the muzzle velocity and payload weight of the XM1028. Apparently, it fires a 11kg (24.25lb, 169,950gr) payload at 1,410m/s (4,626fps), generating 8,077,712 ft-lbs at the muzzle.[/Edit]
Arethusa
QUOTE (Eyeless Blond)
Arethusa's just been championing this subject for a long time now. He's not going to start, stop, or even slow down based on the arguments of one person. smile.gif

Heh. I think I spent a good minute laughing at this when I read it. Ah, good times.

QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll)
I'm all up for being determined and sticking to my argument, but steamrolling over anyone who doesn't agree seems rather closed-minded. dead.gif

How am I steamrolling over you? I disagree strongly, but I am not ignoring what you have to say.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012