Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 Rumor Control
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
NightHaunter
QUOTE (Bull)
6. Seriously, what about the D20 system I keep hearing about.

D20 gives you cancer.

This is the only believable bit.
And I work in a gamer shop.
Goddamm D20
DrJest
QUOTE (Aes)
Five words: Stiletto heels and long nails

All personal secretaries have those. wink.gif

Don't forget the fishnets.

Oh wait... wrong secretary...
Bull
16. Does D20 give you cancer?

Assistant Line Developer Arnie Trachtenberg is at lunch right now, so you're lucky. I'll field this one though.

Does D20 give you cancer? This sign from Gen Con says it all.

Bull
Backgammon
QUOTE (Bull)
16. Does D20 give you cancer?

Assistant Line Developer Arnie Trachtenberg is at lunch right now, so you're lucky. I'll field this one though.

Does D20 give you cancer? This sign from Gen Con says it all.

Bull

Heehhehehe rotfl.gif

Now we need to petition the surgeon general to force labels of that warning on D20 products.
Siege
I was kinda looking forward to one of those special first 1,000 prints. grinbig.gif

-Siege
Toa
QUOTE (Bull)
This sign from Gen Con says it all.

Who wrote "Black Death" into that D? Ô_ô
Bull
17. Did Tom Dowd really write Black Death on the "D20 Gives You Cancer" sign at Gen Con 2004.

No. To the best of my knowledge, he was not at Gen Con 2004. Many people autographed the sign in support of the fact that D20 gives you cancer, despite the silence on the part of the Surgeon General regarding this matter. Unfortunately, we do not know which of the many Celebreties of Gaming that signed it wrote that phrase.

18. I've heard there will be a new magical tratidion in Shadowrun 4th Edition. Is this true.

Yes, sort of. For full blown Magic, Shamanism and Hermeticism will remain the two standard traditions. Likewise, Aspected Magicians remain the same.

Adepts, however, will be getting split up into four distinct categories: Physical Adepts, Charismatic Adepts, Technical Adepts, and Shamanic Adepts.

Physical Adepts are your traditional PhysAds from SR1 and 2, for the most part. They focus on physical prowess and fighting.

Charismatic Adepts utilize the material originally published in SOTA: 2064, focusing their magic mainly on social and mental abilities.

Technical Adepts are still pretty hush hus, but they will basically be magical riggers and deckers, for all intents and purposes.

Shamanic Adepts will be more of a subclass of the adept that any of the above can be. The Shamanic Totems have finally figured out a way to physically manifest themselves a little onoto the material plane, and do so through these Adepts, who take on a totem much like Shamanic Spellcasters do.

19. Is it true you're getting rid of dice pools?

Depends on who you ask and how you define dice pools.

Arnie Trachtenberg, new Assistant Line Developer, has said that he really hated the large cobe shaped swimming pools that used to be required for Shadowrun.

20. With the new hacking/decking rules and the Crash 2.0 changingt the matrix, how will this effect Otaku?

By 2070, all otaku have hit puberty and started getting interested in girls. They no longer want to deck or hack. They pretty much focus their energies completely on girls and cars.

21. Does this mean no more Otaku?

Of course not. Arnie Trachtenberg, Assistant Line Developer, released this press statement early this evening:

"We recognize the wide popularity of Otaku with the fan base. To that end, we plan to release a new type of supplement for Shadowrun in October of 2005 that we're tentatively titling Otaku: Tits & Zits. It's got material that can be carried over into the core Shadowrun Fourth Edition game, but it's more of a game in and of itself. You take on the role of an Otaku in their waning years, chasing girls, learning about cars,and trying to survive High School without getting beat up by Jocks. We think it's pretty exciting, and we know all the playtesters have been raving about it."

In fact, we've learned that Playtester, Freelancer, and FanPro web master Adam Jury's sister Ada enjoyed the game so much that she's decided to re-enroll herself in High School to research for "Live Action O:Z&T".

22. I've heard there will be LARP rules for Shadowrun Fourth Edition?

This is correct. FanPro is planning to release Shadowrun Live Action Roleplay (or SLARP for short) rules set where fans of the game will be able to shoot each other and rob corporations just like their characters!

The core set will sell for $99.99 and will come with an Officially sanctioned SLARP character sheet that you can take to any sanctioned SLARP event, a 256 page hardbound rulebook, and a high powered, semi-automatic pellet gun used as the primary wepon for all SLARPers.

There is some concern that the pellet guns can be dangerous, and that breaking into company office buildiongs to steal things is illegal, but FanPro is certain that the fun will outweigh any potential legal ramifications the game will have.

23. So the core dice mechanic is really 2d6 then?

Edited by the Administration

No Comment

24. What effect does the Crash 2.0 have on Japan?

As Japan had the most highly wired society in the Shadowrun, the Crash 2.0 hits them harder thanb the rest of the world. They quickly fall into chaos, and the boy-emporer of Japan takes control with a tight reign, with his mentor Buttercup guiding him. It is revealed that he SURGEd during YOTC, and he becomes a fuedal dictator favoring metaumans over pure humans. This will have far reaching effects on the world that will be dealt with down the line.

Bull
DrJest
24. What effect does the Crash 2.0 have on Japan?

As Japan had the most highly wired society in the Shadowrun, the Crash 2.0 hits them harder thanb the rest of the world. They quickly fall into chaos, and the boy-emporer of Japan takes control with a tight reign, with his mentor Buttercup guiding him. It is revealed that he SURGEd during YOTC, and he becomes a fuedal dictator favoring metaumans over pure humans. This will have far reaching effects on the world that will be dealt with down the line.

Funnily enough, I could almost see that one happening smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Kinda makes you worry doesn't it.

What if he's NOT joking about some of it.

Keeps me up at night I tell you

(that and I work graves)
GunnerJ
Was something really "edited by the administration," or was that part of the joke?
Kagetenshi
Given that Bull is a member of the administration, I'm going to say the answer's probably both.

~J
Solstice
Gee thanks for quashing the wild conjecture that been running rampant here of late. wink.gif
Aes
Now, what we all really need to know is of course: Five years down the line and decades since ye olde Street Samurai Catalogue was out, will there finally be high-powered laser guns available for everyone? nyahnyah.gif
Penta
Please, dear God, no.
Bull
25. Will there be laser guns for everyone?

No, of course not. Don't be silly. In 2070, minor's will still be unable to purchase firearms of any sort.

Bull
Aes
Crap!

But they get to use them for "educational purposes", right?
Dvixen
Can you tell us more about the decision to use different sized (and coloured) dice for each type of test in SR4?
Kanada Ten
Is it true that all the miniatures will be left over SR Duels characters?
Kagetenshi
Can you expound on the new d13 die mechanic, and the rumored "role-playing" of damage resistance tests?

~J
Vertaxis666
QUOTE (Bull)
13.  Is it true Nigel Findley will be writing a new book?

In a way.  To honor his memory, and to give the fans a special treat, the bones of Findley were dug up and ground into powder, which was then mixed with a vat of printing ink.  1000 limited edition, foil embossed Hardcover copies of Shadowrun 4th Edition will be printed with this ink, and will be available for the very reasonable price of $500.  Get them while they last!

Please put me down for 2 copies. devil.gif
DrJest
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Can you expound on... ...the rumored "role-playing" of damage resistance tests?

I think that's where Granite Devil comes in, isn't it? biggrin.gif

After that thread, I figure if he shows up to GenCon, there's gonna be a whole can o' damage resistance testing opened up on his arse...
Sandoval Smith
Bull: Making the baby Jesus cry since Mar 22, 2005.
mfb
psh. i was doing that before it was cool. i started the making-the-baby-Jesus-cry thing, you know.
Capt. Dave
QUOTE (Bull)

Technical Adepts are still pretty hush hus, but they will basically be magical riggers and deckers, for all intents and purposes.

I knew the VCR adept power was coming. I had my suspicions about the Fairlight Excalibur power...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012