Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR: Reloaded or Revolutions?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Adam
And it was. I walked out onto the convention floor at about 11AM, said "Yo" to Sprite, whipped out the Powerbook and posted the announcement.

Oh, if only SpyGuy hadn't seen us talking the night before!
kloked1
I would like to see an evolution, teh "hacker" (decker in my book) thing ought to be good so I am not alienating the team or a team member while they run around in the matrix. I would like to see a drastic overhaul of combat, it irritates me that combats can take up to an hour realtime to conclude, I recently got into deadlands and we have adapeted some of their system to streamline things
hermit
SR combat is one of the more decent parts, actually. Do a Matrix run sometime, or a by-the-book vehicle combat between two drone Riggers. THAT's in need of revision.

Not that a streamlined combat wouldn't hurt, mind you (TN calculation, integrating vehicles/drones, better worded LOS rules). But only if the basic mechanics would be kept, because they're working just fine.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Arethusa)
"I woke up this morning and I just hated everything"? What the hell? Tomb Riader written by Camus?

Cackle, YES!
Eyeless Blond
QUOTE (kloked1)
I recently got into deadlands and we have adapeted some of their system to streamline things

One thing I LOVE about Deadlands is their initiative system. The deck of cards thing was incredibly creative, and distributed turns randomly among the players, which is something I wish could be done with Shadowrun. Even the Quickness test is something SR can emulate with a Success Test using Reaction, rather than the stupid clunky thing we've got going now with initiative being rolled differently than everything else in the game.

I wonder, can we get the same sort of random turn distribution thing that Deadlands has with d6s?
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (Commiekeebler)
Here's a novel idea, folks.

Instead of complaining and arguing about things we know nothing about (the 4th edition), let's channel that energy into complaining and arguing about things we know everything about - the 3rd edition!

Hi there! Welcome to Dumpshock!

We've got several threads going, all the ones in the "Shadowrun 4 forum" are all about, well, Shadowrun 4!

So if you don't want to talk about Shadowrun 4, then pop on over to the ever popular "Shadowrun" forums.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012