Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any reason I shouldn't allow...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
I agree with Doctor Funkenstein that in most situations using both rules will only serve to make things more balanced and to make cyberimplant melee weaponry slightly more attractive compared to conventional melee weapons. It only gets silly with really high STRs.

And even then it doesn't matter if you're using Ambidexterity or not.
Nikoli
QUOTE (toturi)
Because the guy might have loaded up on that Death Touch spell?

If that's the case, you are already fragged Toturi as in either defendign or attacking someone holding a touch spell, you complete the spell circuit and receive the spell. Only way around is to shoot them.
Dawnshadow
QUOTE (Nikoli @ Apr 1 2005, 10:47 AM)
QUOTE (toturi @ Apr 1 2005, 10:00 AM)
Because the guy might have loaded up on that Death Touch spell?

If that's the case, you are already fragged Toturi as in either defendign or attacking someone holding a touch spell, you complete the spell circuit and receive the spell. Only way around is to shoot them.

Nah.. Death Touch requires an unarmed melee hit -- weapons don't count. Cyber-Implant probably would, it's paid for with essence, but ordinary weapons wouldn't.

The reason you always carry knives, even if you're an unarmed monster.

Reasoning: p178 BBB, under Range, it specifies normal UNARMED attack... so it's only with unarmed vs unarmed that the spell circuit is completed.
hyzmarca
Now that I think about it, while weapon foci can provide extra dice to an adept they really aren't that useful. Adepts can already throw so many dice that anything more gets into the "MR Johnson wants me to kill Lowfyr" Territory. They can supliment an underpowered adept and make a good adept insane, but their real benifits are only reaped by mages. A mage with a pair of weapon foci and ambidexterity is essentially an astral blender, slicing and dicing anything that gets in his way. There is very little on the astral plane that can stand up to a projecting mage throwing 27 dice at (CHA+4)S.
Against dual natured beings,astral speed and initiative means that the projecting mage can close to melee before the enemy can get off a spell or alert anyone. The only problem such a mage would face is against munched out astraly percieving melee adepts.

Of course, with the adept metamagic that allows limited projection..... That would be bad, especially if the adept already had attunment and centering. But, we're not talking about a multiple initiate here, I hope?
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
But, we're not talking about a multiple initiate here, I hope?

Compare the karma costs of the two weapon foci to the karma costs of two group aided initiations. If you want them to be big weapon foci, it is definately in the realm of multiple initiations.
Fortune
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
Of course, with the adept metamagic that allows limited projection..... That would be bad, especially if the adept already had attunment and centering. But, we're not talking about a multiple initiate here, I hope?

That's only available to Adepts of the Magical Way (Phys-Mages).

And Weapon Foci don't just add extra dice, they actually add to the skill itself. It also affects Regenerating creatures better than normal weapons.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012