Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edge vs Karma Pool
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
blakkie
QUOTE (Ellery @ Apr 17 2005, 11:07 AM)
QUOTE (Synner)
As an attribute this means all it offers is a chance, it bends probabilities, but doesn't ensure success. This isn't directly comparable with the effects of most magic or cyber which offer concrete, quantifiable, fixed advantages and modifiers.

So you're saying that most cyberware and magic doesn't provide modifiers to the dice pool? Don't forget--modifers to the dice pool bend probabilities but don't ensure success.

Maybe you mean that edge can be exhausted, whereas your smartlink can't.

He and other playtesters have said as much before, that you can exhaust it, although it is possible to interpret what they said as meaning there are other conditions that limit the use. In all it seems it is the last Pool standing.
Dexy
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
[QUOTE=SR4 FAQ 4](I doubt any races have a racial modification of Edge),

I've been assuming that humans will have a racial modification to Edge, given that they have something similar in SR3 and Earthdawn.
NightHaunter
QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (RunnerPaul @ Apr 17 2005, 12:10 AM)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Apr 17 2005, 12:27 AM)
QUOTE (Fortune @ Apr 16 2005, 10:21 PM)
Right, but none of that means that there is a need for an arbitrary 'balancing' factor like Edge.

You mean "...like some people claim Edge is, based on small throw-away comment in an extremely vague FAQ." ? wink.gif

I see nothing vague about "This makes it especially useful to non-cyber and non-magic characters, as they will have a way of keeping ahead of the game."

I said a vague -FAQ-. nyahnyah.gif The sentence I contend is a throw-away line, or at the least being over interpreted.

I see it so if you don't wanna be Cybered of Awakened Magically or only want a little of one of them you can buy this so the more "powerful" characters don't competely leave you in thier wake. smokin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012