Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Guns, Germs, & Steel
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mallet
Jklst14 you can post again, in game terms you have serious physical and stun damage right now. Ouch. wink.gif But you can move and speak.

Whizbang you will be up in a post or two. I will let you know (by making your "wake up" post.)

Kaosaur
Okay, I'm back from my vacation...

Should be no problem with regular posting.
mallet
great. Did you have a good time?
Kaosaur
Yep! Toronto was a blast, as always.

It's a fairly frequent getaway for me.
mallet
Ok, Whizbang. You are fully healed, but your clothes have seen better days. you can post.
Whizbang
Why do I get the feeling that the 'what they summoned' is where the Germs part comes in...
Kaosaur
Germ?
Whizbang
In the game title.
Kaosaur
Oh!

Well...oh yeah. :B *silly grin*
gobogen
Healing time

Treat force 3

taking account of background count of 2

Sorcery (+4 spell pool): 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 9, 11
Successes:
0 if Essence of less than 1
1 if Essence of less than 3
2 if Essence of less than 7
3 if 5 is a success i.e. you have an Essence of 7 cool.gif

Drain 2S (Will +2 spell pool): 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 7, 15
No Drain

My post reflects that I assume you have at least an essence of 1 and thus I have healed something
mallet
let me know if you want to touch, walk through, throw something at, scan, or otherwise interact with what is in front of you.
Whizbang
*wants to chuck a rock at it* smile.gif
mallet
Hey! I just noticed that we started playing a month ago, today. And Kaosaur still hasn't had a chance to play eek.gif

Sorry, buddy. I didn't realise when I was working out the story that I would take so long for you to join in.

Should be really, really soon now. (I know I said that before, but this time I mean it.) biggrin.gif
Kaosaur
It's cool.

Some things are worth the wait...and I used to play PBEM Diplomacy ( board game if you're not familiar) so this is nothing.
mallet
You guys discuss what you are going to do here if you like. Let me know, and I will post what happens in the IC thread. Or just keep discussing it ICly till you come up with a plan.
gobogen
Disrupting it could be an idea. We could try to break the barrier, there's nothing wrong in trying....

I'm not sure how to do that though, I'd have to read the magic section of the core book on barriers again.

What do you guys think we should do?
Whizbang
Hmm...*wonders what would happen if we touched it*

You guys would know more than I would...I'm just the mundane. smile.gif
mallet
Well, you know that it is not a physical barrier (the rock went through it). If it is a magical barrier then you should be able to pass through it (although magical items might be stoped/deactivated). Or it might be something else. Posiblities that might occur to your characters (they are faily bright); it might be an illusion, it might be an "after effect" of powerful magic, it might be a manawarp, or a rift.

The last three (manawarp, after effect, rift) might account for the "pain" of looking astral. Although a very high background count of an "evil" nature might also account for the pain.

Very little scientific posiblities occure to you. Most of them would require a lot of equipment to make it happen. For example: a magnetic field holding the smoke inside (some sort of windtunnel could be moving the smoke) or a holographic illusion. But none of these are likely in the blast area of an explosion and would not explain the astral issues involved.

-just trying to be helpful- nyahnyah.gif
gobogen
Thanks a lot for letting us know about this... yet it doesn't help all that much.

Damn.. I know even less what to do.

When in doubt, throw a fireball at it? indifferent.gif
Whizbang
Hmm...it didn't do anything to me...

Now question is, will it do anything if a magic user touches it...
mallet
well, are you guys just going to stand there looking at it, or what?

I should remind you that you are in the middle of an explosion site, surrounded by dead bodies and body parts and it is most likely the authorities might be on their way. it was a big, loud explosion. And all that fire...

So I would suggest doing something quickly or running away.
Whizbang
Hmm... *thinks that's a hint* of course, would be nice if I wasn't the only one putting my life and sanity on the line to test these theories...
gobogen
I could... push you ? spin.gif
mallet
So, I take it no one is doing anything but standing there looking at it slack-jawed and vacantly?

If that is the case (ie. no posted action by tomorrow afternoon) I will just start moving the story along.

sound good?
Whizbang
no one else decide to make a constructive comment by then, I'll likely just suck it up and try it... what's the worst that can happen? smile.gif
mallet
Now isn't that a hell of a coincidence... cool.gif
gobogen
Storm steps into .... the storm.

Sorry, it was too tempting embarrassed.gif
jklst14
I read it a few years back. Good book.
Whizbang
Heading out of town for a couple days. Should be back Thursday.
gobogen
Is it possible to reach the sword from where we stand? Cause I'd like to pull it out of the floating body if my character can reach it.
mallet
Yep, you just have to get up close to him, reach up and pull. If you dare...
mallet
Ok, guys tell me what you are doing.
mallet
Welcome back Whizbang.

And everyone should welcome KAOSAUR! Finally you get to join us.

Feel free to post and intereact with the others.

Kaosaur
For obvious reasons, I'm going to refer to myself in the 1st person in all of my In Character posts. Sorry that I have to break up the flow and writing style...but I think for now it'll work.

If we have another preference, I can always make edits.
gobogen
Sounds good to me. So you're amnesiac, huh ? Interesting...

Anyways, glad to finally have you aboard, and mallet just let me know when I'm conscious again.
mallet
Hey kaosaur, I think the first person approach is a bit distracting and too different from the rest of the posts. Just use "He" instead of "I" for now, until you find a name for yourself.

Sound good?
Kaosaur
Okay. Not a problem.
mallet
Oh, and as I was reading over the last posts I noticed a point I left out of the description of the naked guy.

There is no wound/injury in his chest or back from the sword. It is like the sword was never stuck in him. Make of this what you will. I do not think it requires me to edit or make a whole new post just to tell you it, so I am mentioning it here.
mallet
Storm is still knocked out. No sign of injury and his vitals are good, but he is non responsive.

Kao, If you want you can pull on one of the mages robes for clothing. Pretty much everything else out here is shreaded and blood soaked.
Kaosaur
Are we waiting for me?

I was figuring I would give somebody else a chance to lead the action before I did anything.
jklst14
Hey guys,
I'm moving soon and have been packing, which is why my posts have been sporadic recently. It'll be hard for me to post over the next several days but I should be back posting regularly by next week.

Thanks!

jklst14
mallet
Yah, I am just waiting for you guys to do something (even to keep talking).

Since Gobogen is knocked out right now. And Jklst14 is awayish, it falls on to Whizbang and Kaosaur to keep the talking going and to figure out a plan, etc...

So, post away.
mallet
Anyone? Anyone?
gobogen
well... I did as much as can be done by an unconscious character.. nyahnyah.gif
Whizbang
I posted recently...was kinda waiting for a response from Mallet...Daniel has been quiet for awhile...
mallet
Hi,
No, it is ok to ASK the npc's questions, I have no problem with that. I mean, that's what they are there for (and for killing, i guess, (if they are bad guy npcs)). I just ment that I did not want the npc to "take command" of the team, give orders, etc... I would like the players to take a leadership role, asking questions, investigating the dead bodies, etc...

Anyways, let the game continue.
Kaosaur
*twiddles his thumbs a bit*

So...
gobogen
la la-la la-la

pumpkin.gif
mallet
Sorry guys, had a couple of issues with the old computer and have been using the ones at school and at friends houses to check, etc... but haven't had the time to post.

Look for a new posting by me tomorrow afternoon, but do not let me slow down you guys from talking and desiding what you want to do, make plans, first aid checks, etc...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012