Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Domini Umbra
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Sicarius
"It is like putting on your pants..." Gregori said, after thinking for a moment.
"Magic is a natural thing, for those who have it." His fingers toyed with the furry fetish, as he often did, subconciously. "To be without it.. would be to feel naked before everyone. For me to be cut off from Wolf's guidance.. would be to feel helpless. Or perhaps like a person whose spectacles have been shattered, going through life blind."

Gregori could remember when Wolf first came to him. Teaching him to see things others could not see, to understand the mysteriousness of nature. It was truly a change of life. There was the reason they called magic-users, "awakened."

Foxx
"I'm jealous." Dawn said. "When I goblinized I only picked the features of elven kind and inherited all the traits that goes with the race, save the ability to work magic."

It would have been a big benefit to Dawn if she did, there was a few people she wanted to blast back in her previous life. Too bad she decided on a more peaceful path to take her life in. "But I can feel happy for you. I'm sure the Wolf totem makes life some what more easier."
Sicarius
"Being who you are is always easiest." Gregori said.

He hadn't always been so accepting and relaxed. But hard time could do that to you. After all, what choice did you have? Wolf had been a large part in accepting his fate. In nature, up is up, and down and is down, and no mitigating factors determine your survival. There are no hard feelings.

"Magic is a talent that has helped me survive. You no doubt have your own that did the same in your past."

Musashi Forever
Razz wishes that he could have spoken before Os. The Aussie didn't know the first thing about gang politics. As their adversaries move to flank them, he also wished that his assault rifle was under his coat, ready to be flashed, rather than disassembled in his duffel.

"We're just moving on, chummer," Razz says, trying to difuse the situation. "Place is a drek-hole anyway."
Foxx
If Gregori only know what talents Dawn had learned during her brief life. Would he be surprise or horrified. Nah, maye not horrified, Dawn wouldn't take this man lightly till she got to know him better. Till she got to know the rest better, she was going to think of them as being complete pro's. With the situation as was now, being the best was only thing that was going to help them out.

"I get people to do what I want, perferably with all interest being met. Thats what I'm good at."
Sicarius
Gregori nodded. He could imagine that the elven woman was... extremely convincing. Although he didn't necessarily agree with things working out in everyone's interest. In Gregori's experience, there were winners.. and losers in every conflict.

"It will be pleasure to work with you I think." was what he said.

Frater Inominatus
22:35:12 / Thursday June 12th, 2064/ Safehouse in Bellevue

The air fairly crackles with tension as Os, Razz, and the gangers square off. The cool breeze whisks away any warmth left by the sun. In a burst of motion the lead ganger draws a pistol. "You'll be movin' on alright Fred. Movin'to da organ-legger!" The rest begin to dance as well...
Tziluthi
Riding a surge of adrenaline, Os quickly steps into the house and takes cover to the side of the doorway, simultaniously drawing his pistol and bringing his eye-mods to life.

He looks to Razz, and motions to the side of the building that he saw the second ganger move to, saying, "One might be trying to flank us. Head him off."
Musashi Forever
22:35:14 / Thursday June 12th, 2064/ Safehouse in Bellevue

Oh sure, run out infront of all those drekheads with guns to stop the guy flanking us.

"Frag that!" Razz replies to Os. The ork hauls hoop for the safehouse and throws himself around the nearest corner as fast as he can.
Frater Inominatus

The lead ganger reaches the right side of the truck and begins firing. Driver sticks a pistol out the window and begins firing. Ganger sprinting for corner, still spriniting. Ganger at bed of truck pulls up an assault rifle of some kind. Woman still sitting in truck, unmoved.

Os
[ Spoiler ]
Frater Inominatus

Dawn, Gregori, Lethe, and Ragnorok are all coming up the street of this quiet neighborhood when shots ring out. Small arms, POP, POP, POP, followed by the BBBRRAAAPPPP of an assault rifle. Muzzle flashes can be seen up ahead. An old pick-up sits in the safehouse drive. A dark figure can be seen running for the far side of the building. Three others are near the vehicle firing into the house.
Things just went from bad to worse...
Sicarius
Gregori strained to see the people up ahead. What the hell was going on up there? Where were OS and Razz?

"Time to use those talents I think!" Gregori shouts to Dawn, as his hand reached to pull the Predator from its holster.

[ Spoiler ]

viggo
Ragnarok, at the sound of gunfire, dropped his bag, pulled out his assault rifle, slung the bag over his shoulders and sprinted toward the action, moving as fast as his troll legs would take him. When he got in range, he took careful aim.

[ Spoiler ]
nick012000
Oh, frag.

Lethe pops the trunk of the RV, yanks the cable from his forehead and sprints to the rear of the RV where he pops open the canopy of his T-bird drone, which he slides into and turns on the engines, sensors, and weapon systems after he jacks himself in, watching the displays on the LCD screen on its roof as he does so. Once everything is booted, he will pop it out of the rack it is sitting in, and fly out of the rear hatch, vector thrust engines screaming, scanning the street to locate the hostiles.
Foxx
[ Spoiler ]

Dawn figured it was women intution as she noticed the fight down the street where they beloved safe house was located. Appears someone decided to take exception to Os and Razz being at the location. Could it be the gangers they had moved in? Only one-way to find out...

Dawn nodded at Gregori's command to do her thing. She didn't stop the car but continued, the sharply turning the wheel and power sliding as close as she dared to the truck turning to face it driver side first. It was the best way to set up cover for their departure from the vehicle as bullets were sure to be coming their way. The danger of course that she was on the side the bullets would be entering.

The little bastard better not shoot up her car!

[ Spoiler ]

Dawn would be quick to follow Gregori outside, drawing her Ultra browning from its side holster. She would leave the machine pistol in its place in case trouble got worse.

Frater Inominatus

Os steps back into the safe house, placing a wall between him and the gangers. Razz is half a step behind him, diving throught the doorway and coming up in the hall. A hail of bullets follow on their heels, striking wall, door, carpet and window. One of them has a AK-97 Os recognizes the sound of the ubiquitous rifle immediately. Os flinches as rounds penetrate the wall near him, then breathes a sigh of relief as he realizes he is uninjured.
Frater Inominatus

Dawn could now see Os and Razz racing for the safehouse. One of the gangers had pulled out an assault rifle and was now using it as a suppressive weapon. That or he isn't certain how to use the selector switch. Dawn thought. Gregori peers intently at the scene before them. Dawn gunned the engine and raced towards the truck and its ganger friends. At the last moment she stomped hard on the brake and gently nudged the wheel right. The expensive sedan responded perfectly, stopping three meters from the truck. Now for the fun part...

[ Spoiler ]
Frater Inominatus

Lethe's T-bird roars to life as he quickly runs through the start-up sequence. It trundles out on its small landing gear until clearing the van and gently lifts off.
nick012000
Lethe presses down on the thrust pedal, accelerating the T-bird towards the gangers, the vector thrust engine's scream rising in pitch. If he passes them, he'll turn around and start swooping over them.

[ Spoiler ]
Foxx
Dawn bounced out of the passsender side door after (hopefully) Gregori moved. She took up position at the front of the car and aimmed down the sights of her pistol, looking for a readily available target. Where she positioned the car she had a good view of the rear of the truck and both sides. From her vantage point she had the driver side of the truck covered along with the rear.

Dawn decided the Ganger #4 was standing too close to the drivers seat and fireing several a round from her compact heavy pistol. "I got the left covered."

After firing the first two shots, Dawn ducked down and fired one more at Ganger #3 with the assult rifle.

[ Spoiler ]
Sicarius
Gregori was a unsure about the situation. Presumably Dawn wanted him to hop out as well. He was worried about the silver haired woman. What kind of person just sits calmly in a car in the middle of a fire fight? Whatever happened, Gregori figured he'd do his best for Dawn and himself.

Gregori took a deep breath, bracing himself for what might go down, and gave a guttural growl as he threw the door open . He saw a decent shot at the assault rifle wielding ganger, and he took it, than crouched behind the door.

[ Spoiler ]
nick012000
As he screams overhead, he begins having the T-bird scanning the gangers with its sensors, getting ready to fire.

[ Spoiler ]
viggo
[ Spoiler ]

Ragnarok saw the ganger pumping bullets into the safehouse.
Not smart, chum, he thought, and fired 2 3-round bursts into the AK-wielding ganger.

[ Spoiler ]

Ragnarok continued sprinting forward, and smiled to himself when he saw the T-bird lift off and fly around. This group knows how to get down - I think I'll stick with 'em a while.
Musashi Forever
Razz was no coward, but he felt woefully unprepared for this particular rumble. He could, of course, cast a spell at the gangers, but he just knew that one of them was waiting for his green head to peek around the conor. Besides, the level of fire outside had increased dramatically.

"Let's find another way out!" he calls to Os. Then turning and staying out of the line of fire, Razz delves deeper into the now totally UN-safehouse.
Musashi Forever
Removed
nick012000
The roar of the T-bird's engines is joined by the roar of its machine gun as it opens fire on the gangers.

[ Spoiler ]
Tziluthi
Os starts running with Razz.

"No point in staying in this place, anyway. The cops will be here soon."
Tziluthi
EDITED
Frater Inominatus
22:35:17 / Thursday June 12th, 2064/ Safehouse in Bellevue

From inside the safehouse, Os and Razz can hear a new barrage of gun fire. After a quick look they can see Dawn's Westwind angled behind the ganger's truck, Gregori and Dawn both unloading into the gangers. The ganger standing behind the drivers door get spun and drops to the ground after several flashes from Dawn's handgun. To the south, the muzzle flash of an assault rifle can be seen. It is immediately followed by the "tink, tank, thunk" sound on the pick-up. You don't hear any more bursts from the assault rifle. Dawn and Gregori can see him drop (Not before Gregori's predator reaches out and touches him), moaning and clutching his abdomen, on the ground.
Another sound echoes from the south. The high pitches whine of a vectored thrust vehicle zooms northward , banks around and turns on to an attack vector. The gangers fire, unorganized, into the house until the rest of the group arrives. The remaining ganger runs for the driver's side of the truck and jumps in and the engine roars to life.

[ Spoiler ]
Sicarius
Gregori saw two of the gangers go down, and a third looking to flee. Gregori thought about pressing the attack, but decided against it. Letting the gangers flee had no consquences. They would not be staying here, the gangers were unlikely to tell the 'Star even if arrested. The effort required for two more dead was unnecessary. He stayed down, surveying the area. If any of the ganger's decided to do something stupid, The thing would be finished.

[ Spoiler ]
Foxx
Being good in a gun battle was not a trait that Dawn considered her most endearing. She always perferred to deal with persons face to face through negotiation. Gun fights tend to end with a permanent solution where you have many more options in a smoke filled room talking. Dawn was beyond using violence in self-defense, that was the way the world work. Where people tried to hurt you in order to take what they want. That wasn't allowed as there was still rules to follow, even in the streets. Break them and pay for the consequences.

Thats what these particular idiots did, they thought they were too hot to listen to common sense and get out of Dodge. Dawn wasn't going to show them an easy time, no-one else had ever did it for her.

Noticing the last two were leaving the area she curbed her trigger and fired once more, this time to scare the guy out of the truck. Like hell he was getting in there and damaging her Eurostar in his hate to get out of the neighborhood.

"Get away from the truck, punk, or its the meat locker for you." Dawn shouted at the guy who jumped in the truck. Taking a bead on his head where she could see him.

[ Spoiler ]
viggo
Ragnarok sees the battle end and runs up to join the group, AR still at the ready. He stops near Gregori, remaining silent and ready to spring into action.

[ Spoiler ]
nick012000
Seeing the gangers pile into the vehicle, Lethe begins locking onto their vehicle.

[ Spoiler ]
Frater Inominatus
The ganger starts at Dawn's order, then hears something from inside the truck and proceeds to mount the vehicle. Her gun barks twice. The first round penetrates the rear window of the truck and passes cleanly through the gangers neck. Blood, thick and dark coats the front window of the vehicle as the ganger flops to the seat and then to the ground.

After a moment of tension, the passenger's door open and the silver haired woman steps out. The dark brown leather duster flares behind her like something out of a John Woo movie. She looks impassively at Dawn, Gregori and Ragnorok. She smiles and quips, "Looks like I'll have to walk now." She tosses her hair and begins walking north, toward the neighbors drive.

Meanwhile, behind the safehouse, the last ganger is moving toward the back door when Lethe's T-Bird screams down on him. A short burst ripped the poor soul into halves, the torso hitting the ground well after the vectored thrust vehicle screams by.

Gregori
[ Spoiler ]
Sicarius
Gregori actually took two or three stutter steps forward before shaking his head clear. He looked over at Dawn and Ragnarok,

"It is time to be going..." he said. There was no reaction.

"IT IS TIME TO BE GOING NOW!" Gregori shouted, the urgency becoming clear in his voice. Whoever the silver hair siren was, she wasn't their target. Star was probably on their way. Sticking around was only a bad idea getting worse by the moment.

"Ragnarok cover me, I'll grab Os and Razz,"

Gregori began to make his way towards the (safe)house. As he moved, he purposefully keep his eyes off the woman.

Help me Brother he asked of his totem, as he crossed the distance of the driveway.

When he reached the doorway of the safe house he shouted inside.

"Os, Razz, time to get out of here!"

Foxx
Dawn was watching the stange woman as she left. Holding her own fire she figured the woman wasn't going to start any trouble. Which was lucky cause it was not Dawn's style to go around blowing people away. This was a mess that couldn't have been avoided since the gangers decided to shoot at the others and the safe house up. The strange way she acted too...

Dawn hopped as Gregori shouted to get their attention. "Alright, I'll get the car ready."

She kept her eyes open, watching the woman go then looking for any more of the gangers lurking about. Certainly they wouldn't try anything now after watching their buddies get cut down. Wierdier things have been known to happen and tonight was beginning to not be the exception.

nick012000
Lethe brings his T-bird back around to land in his RV. He will then hop out of it, and close the rear hatch of the RV.
viggo
Ragnarok heard Gregori yelling at him and decided that the Russian had a better grasp on the situation than he. Never very good at making decisions, especially split-second ones, he backed his way toward the RV and waited for the T-bird to land, and then squeezed himself into the vehicle, rifle still mostly at the ready.

"I got your back!" he bellowed at the top of his more-than-adequate voice.

In a lower voice, he said "Gregori! Are you sure you want to let her go? I could salsa her from here, or I could always wrestle her down. Your call."
Sicarius
Gregori heard Viggo as he waited for Os or Razz to acknowledge him. The last thing he wanted to do was step through the door and "eat lead" as they say. Especially from teammates. That would be an embarassing end to a promising career.

"Let her go!" Gregori shouted back. He didn't understand the silver haired woman's actions. They were inconsistent with a ganger. If he wasn't in such a hurry to get the hell off the scene, he'd have paused and assensed the woman's aura. But as it was, he knew she was out of sorts, and thats all he needed to know.
Musashi Forever
Razz hears Gregori's yell from the front of the building and stops his search of a means of escape. Once stopped he notices that the gunfire has also grown silent. The ork puts a hand on Os's arm, "I think things are done out there."

Then he calls out to the Russian, "Be out in a minute man! The rumble finished?"
Sicarius
"Da!" Gregori shouted in acknowledgement at Razz. As he saw the two coming towards the front door, he provided more direction.

"Razz, ride with Os, Dawn and I will lead, than Lethe, you two bring up rear. Away from scene we will.. decide how to deal with situ..ation."

Gregori turned and started heading back towards Dawn's vehicle, giving Ragnarok a thumbs up as he moved.
Foxx
Dawn was finishing the process of getting the car turned right and ready to roll out. Too many dead bodies in a rural neightborhood left too much to explain to Lonestar and she did not want to go through that process. She gave the car engine a rev as Gregori approached.

"I hope you got a good idea where we should go after this fiaso."
Tziluthi
Os emerges from the house along with Razz, carrying the two pieces of luggage that he arrived with.

"Okay, guys," Os starts in a clear voice. "We need some way of communicating while we're in transit. Who here has a two-way radio?"
nick012000
Lethe opens the door of the RV.

"I've got a micro transciever."
Sicarius
Gregori turned around at the aussie and snapped in his native tongue,

"What part of get in car was not clear? WE ARE GOING. NOW! "

He switched to english towards the end,

"Radios and other things we deal with later, when we get organized."

He continued heading at a rapid pace towards the Eurostar he'd arrived in.

"I have no fragging idea," He said to Dawn, in answer to her question, "But drive car, and I will figure out."

That ganger woman, whoever she was, had shaken Gregori up pretty good. They need to get settled in, reorganize, and than worry about unfragging this thing.

Gregori sat down in Dawn's passenger seat, and waited..

Musashi Forever
Frag, he pissed! Razz thinks as he climbs into the R.V.

"All right man, let's get the frag out of here!" he says to Lethe as soon as he sees that Os has made it aboard.
nick012000
Once everyone who's catching a ride with him hops in, Lethe will follow the others.
Foxx
Dawn waited long enough for Gregori to get into the Eurostar before she hit the gas to go. No, she didn't spin the wheels but the car started out a pretty brisk pace to put the 'safe' house and the potential crime scene behind them. She was pretty sure nothing would come of it, but she didn't want to hang around in case their friends show up and decided they wanted pay back. Of course, the white haired lady was probably going to be a problem if she decided she didn't like her friends getting geeked. Dawn decided she wasn't going to like thsi woman, not only did she showed a apparently disregard for fellow gangers, but she shook up Gregori pretty good.

Dawn figured that was a serouisly bad thing.

Dawn decided to drive towards the highway the best place where they would have options on where to go. It also gave her time to settle her companion down as well. She reached over lightly to put her hand on his shoulder, concern in her eyes. "Hey you going to be alright?"
Tziluthi
Unimpressed by Gregori's outburst, Os looks over to Lethe and says, "Switch it to channel 15."

Os jogs over to his Americar and throws in his bags, then quickly jumps in and takes off after Dawn.
Sicarius
Gregori was still seething as Eurocar pulled out. He looked up when he felt Dawn's touch.

"Huh? Yes I'm fine." He arched his back, to slide the heavy pistol back into place, and then took a deep breath.

It was violating. To have your will interrupted, even momentarily. Gregori was not a weak minded man. He did 7 long years, and held his own against the worst of the worst. And that woman, if that's what she was, had had power over him.

"I was looking forward to hot tub." He said, something approximating a smile coming up on his lips.

"Maybe you call Razz, tell him we'll call Tamburo and tell him we wet gangers, that safe house is no good. Either he finds us new place, or we find one, and he pays bill."

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012