Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting: Prisoner of Peace
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
GaiasWrath8
oh, so I am out...ok.

See ya around.
Kagetenshi
Ok, after trying and failing for several days to get a tilt-wing that has survivability, useful capabilities, and a price tag that can be measured in non-astronomical terms, I'm going to ask flat-out what capabilities everyone wants in the team's vehicles. With that I ought to be able to pick and choose or design appropriate vehicles with much greater speed. I should have done this several days ago, and I apologize for the delay.

Actually, something that could make this all easier: what kinds of vehicles might be paid-for? For example, would a heavy tilt-wing designed for hauling cargo but not necessarily combat-worthy be on the government's tab or ours? What I'm looking for is a way to deploy our heavier gear (land-bound or short-range vehicles) wherever our jobs may take us.

~J
Ol' Scratch
When in doubt (and on a budget), use the Used Vehicle quality factor and say its an old military model you managed to salvage and repair over the years.

That said, maxed out cargo space, a high Signature, camouflage (Photovoltaic Chameleon Paint, Transponder Library, and ED) and range (Economy and Fuel Code; probably with an EFC and SunCell being our best bet) would be our primary concerns. Speed, armor, and weaponry... not so much. Like you said, it's mostly just our transportation and in the case that we run into any kind of opposition, you can always just install some of those drone docking bays and and go crazy with the aerial combat drones. This latter idea also increases our overall functionability, as you can use them to deploy recon and resupply drones as well.

The nice thing is that we could probably get off-the-shelf drones for free from the organization as needed per mission. smile.gif

As for other vehicles? A modest-looking sedan or SUV would be ideal in most situations. Give it as much Concealed Armor as you can without comprimising its point and, basically, design it much the same way you would a runner's vehicle and that should be great. Anything beyond that one and, honestly, we could probably get the Organization to pay for; dune buggies or MPUVs if we go into the wilds, for instance.

We're not supposed to be the most pimped-out group out there either. We have access to some nice gear, but in the end we don't get all the cool spy-gear that other operatives would likely have. At least that was the impression I was getting.

Oh, though I have to admit, a really nice mini-blimp loaded to the brim with the extended senors from SOTA:2064, a maxed out Signature, and Ruthenium would probably be the single most useful drone we would have. We're going to be doing a lot of tracking and hunting, so anything that'll help us there would be vital I imagine. Through a nice sniper rifle on it with an extended barrel, and we even have a back-up sniper on call anytime we need it. biggrin.gif
Ol' Scratch
Here's a little retired military tilt-wing designed to resupply troops in the field that I threw together really quick (I was bored). Still has quite a bit of room open for customization (especially since I had to pass on some of the cooler stuff because it didn't fit the concept very well), and has enough room to carry the entire team plus two additional passengers as well as up to a Body 4 vehicle with room to spare. Final cost was just over 330,000 nuyen, and has some nice features to boot.

[ Spoiler ]
Shadow
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
what kinds of vehicles might be paid-for? For example, would a heavy tilt-wing designed for hauling cargo but not necessarily combat-worthy be on the government's tab or ours?~J

It would be on the governments. Add weapons and hi-tech gadgets at your won expense.

Sorry guys I ment to get going on Monday but I was really sick. I am somewhat better now and I am happy to start any time. I will put up a OOC thread soon and a IC thread after that.

Bear in mind this game will also be taking part on IRC as people are availible. So if you want to speed thigns up log into IRC in character, the channel is going to be....

#Shadowgames

and the link is

http://irc.dumpshock.com/webirc/irc.cgi
Kagetenshi
Got it. Back to work I go.

Another question: will the IRC chat be logged and stored somewhere, or should we do that individually if we want it?

~J
Ecclesiastes
Good question about logging. The web based client doesn't support it, but I guess I could install mIRC on my system here and log in that way.
Kagetenshi
Transport tilt-wing, stock design (pre-customization) for approval. This would be what the gummint provided, let me know if any features already on there should come out of my pocket. All customization is assumed to be on my tab and will be posted soon.

[ Spoiler ]

~J
Shadow
Approved.
Shadow
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Got it. Back to work I go.

Another question: will the IRC chat be logged and stored somewhere, or should we do that individually if we want it?

~J

I was planning on cutting and pasting it into OOC in a spoiler.

Feel free to collect it yourself and make it pretty.
Kagetenshi
Customized version. I may drop some features later, as we're hopefully not going to be doing much in it other than going from Point A to Point B. Now starting on our workhorse vehicles.

[ Spoiler ]

~J
Kagetenshi
Question: how do you treat the personal armor modification when it comes to attacks against vehicles? Do you rule that it only applies if firing at someone inside, or that it offers non-hardened armor (before or after the vehicle damage reduction), or something else?

~J
Shadow
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Jun 15 2005, 11:58 AM)
Question: how do you treat the personal armor modification when it comes to attacks against vehicles? Do you rule that it only applies if firing at someone inside, or that it offers non-hardened armor (before or after the vehicle damage reduction), or something else?

~J

Thats a tough one, cause I always though they meant to say (use personal armor if you don't have vehicular armor).

Or it could be that they meant to armor the interior of the vehicle. If you could avoid the situation entirely that would be great. If you really want personal armor I will treat it like layering. You can use half the rating of it against any attacks that penetrate the vehicular armor.

Sound good? If not I am open to suggestions.
Kagetenshi
Well, the issue is that I'm currently making a light spotter helo, but full-scale vehicle armor is too heavy for the purpose, and I was wondering if personal armor would protect the vehicle at all. I'm fine with leaving it unarmored if you'd rather not get into the issue.

Stats will be posted shortly, I'm just tweaking the last changes to this vehicle. After that it'll just be a van or something, and then I should be mostly clear with stock equipment.

~J
Shadow
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Well, the issue is that I'm currently making a light spotter helo, but full-scale vehicle armor is too heavy for the purpose, and I was wondering if personal armor would protect the vehicle at all. I'm fine with leaving it unarmored if you'd rather not get into the issue.

Stats will be posted shortly, I'm just tweaking the last changes to this vehicle. After that it'll just be a van or something, and then I should be mostly clear with stock equipment.

~J

ok in that situation regular armor would protect it. Not just the passengers. However reg armor suffers the /2 penalty against AV and APDS ammo.
Kagetenshi
Good stuff, thanks.
[ Spoiler ]

If this is approved I'll be paying for it out-of-pocket, as it's a fairly restricted-audience design. It's still a stock model, though.

~J
Shadow
Nice. Approved.
Kagetenshi
Dipping into my personal stash of vehicles here:

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

Now I just need to finish our primary ground transport vehicle, finish allocating some resources, and I'll be ready to roll.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012