Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Movies to inspire GMs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Jrayjoker
In lots of skintight outfits...
Walknuki
QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (ElFenrir @ Jun 25 2005, 10:36 AM)
Another really cheesy, but enjoyable flick i find is Hackers. Before you laugh too hard, it's a good showing of A. What deckers can do, B. What deckers can do if you piss them off, and C. That you don't even need a gun to wreak havoc.  Sometimes gun and combat addicts need something to show that it's definately not the only way to go!

D. A young Angelina Jolie

Holy moly that IS Angelina Jolie in that movie! eek.gif
kevyn668
I always liked Hardware.
DrJest
QUOTE (kevyn668)
I always liked Hardware.

...oh, I really hope you didn't mean that godawful 1990 Terminator wannabe. I really do. I rented that film with a friend, watched it (after about halfway, only because we'd paid money for it) then took it back to the rental place and told them it stank so bad we wanted a refund. The next time we went in there, the manager said he'd watched it after we left and gave us a free rental.
kevyn668
Yep. We're talking about the same movie. Diff'rent strokes, I guess.

Edit: Its got Iggy Pop and Dylan McDermont...
sanctusmortis
I like to think a balance between Blade Runner and Batman Begins shows off what New Seattle would be like. The large, looming skyscrapers, the monorail, the horrific nature of the Barrens... Fifth Element also serves this purpose.

As for actual runs, hmm. What's the anime with the 3 seperate stories about what basically amounts to a trio of Runners? One hunts a vampire, one takes on a droid, and the last one... I remember it involves a shedload of tripwires.

I can see the point on Léon... think of him as her Level 3 contact biggrin.gif

Total Recall and Running Man. The latter especially, just for the fact the game's a little like Urban Brawl with a twist.
Nyxll
Its got Iggy Pop

Anything with that skin covered skeleton is terrible.

I bet you he is still alive in 2060+

I think all that alcohol and drugs have embalmed him into a living mummy.
nezumi
For runs, I always wish I could run something like Snatch or Stock, Lock and Two Smoking Barrels, where there are multiple seemingly unrelated, simultaneous story lines that suddenly collide violently.

Maybe when I get another co-GM or two.

I'd love to do an extraction or protection run at a busy concert a la Maria Mercurial. Meanwhile, another group is leading an assassination attempt at a super-secure VIP. I wouldn't even need to tie the two jobs together. Somehow I suspect each group will step on the other's toes, especially with a little nudge now and again.
weblife
Well, I made a post all of its own for it, but naturally it should be mentioned here aswell.

Strange Days, from 1995. Its about a BTL pusher who gets into a conspiracy and has to wiggle his way out of the jam with help from his friends. Very obvious archetypes, Decker, Streetsam, Gangers etc.

Not a bad movie. At first I was barely following it, but it caught my attention and kept it. (I had the TV running in my periphery vision when it came on)
The Archimage
If you're a GM looking for ways to complicate a run without making it seemed contrived, I reccomend The Big Lebowski. It's basically a whole bunch of events that SEEM related, but really aren't. Add a few random people with their own unrelated set of goals to a run, and your players won't know which way is up.

Also, The Dude and his buddies are great examples of what NOT to do on a run. wink.gif
Nightwraith
Sin City is another good shadowrunesque film. The asian chick with the swords and Elija Woods character scream Physical Adept.
Smiley
Daredevil. Best movie EVAR.love.gif

Just kidding.
Shadow
I just saw "Mr. and Mrs. Smith, the whole damn movie is a Shadowrun! It was awesome! See it.
blakkie
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
In lots of skintight outfits...

... and occationally out of them.
hyzmarca
Ravenous.

Best Windego movie ever.
Shadow
QUOTE (shadow_scholar)
I heard Luc Besson wrote that movie when he was, like, 12. So what does that say about the Shadowrun universe?

gives me hope.
ElFenrir
I think all that alcohol and drugs have embalmed him into a living mummy.

Him and Keith Richards have a band together in the 2060s, in fact. wink.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012