Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hostign help for the Srun4 presentation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Taki
Finding another name ... A matrix communicator "Ma Com" ?
hobgoblin
maybe we should not read to much into the comlink thing, it may be that he was just going for something that anyone watching star trek or similar would pick up on wink.gif

and intel is now showing of a single chip that can detect and work with both cell and wifi network. selecting the best for the job. and wifi is realy just radio com gone digital. rember that any computer with a wifi chip and the right driver can act as a hotspot. so in theory you can just fire up the right software and talk with anyone within range as long as you have say their public key or something wink.gif

ie, voip+p2p within your range. and with the right relay you can send it around the world. so you have one team break into the regional office of some corp and then another into their hq, all coordinated over the net on a single voip group convo wink.gif
Caine Hazen
Apologies to anyone who got included in that video...I forgot I panned out into the audience there... shoulda rewatched the whole thing before sending it out

JK..I'll hafta wait til GenCon for Pics...I had my camera..but with all the fun of the Big Bar LARP I forgot to photograph anything...
Wireknight
I was just never particularly impressed with the naming choice for the device, given what it does (a lot more than just communications). Despite (or rather, as part of ignoring) the apparent difference between data and broadcast encryption, I've always assumed that radio communication in the Shadowrun world is digital in nature.

Either way, this is a topic derail and if it's really going to be discussed in depth, it ought be done on another thread.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (SL James)
QUOTE (Fortune @ Jul 7 2005, 07:36 AM)
I knew it was going to be Novatech! biggrin.gif

Dogs knew it was Novatech.

Still should have been Ares.

~J
SL James
I just hope several VIPs die, and not just the field hands.
Fortune
QUOTE (SL James)

I guess Dogs are smarter, or at least more intuitive, than some of the people here that were arguing against Novatech's involvement then, eh?
Overwatch
I missed out on the file, and thus cant keep up with the conversation here. I know there is a problem with the people that were filmed, but is there an audio version some one could link me too, or even a transcript at this point?
SL James
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (SL James @ Jul 8 2005, 03:26 AM)

I guess Dogs are smarter, or at least more intuitive, than some of the people here that were arguing against Novatech's involvement then, eh?

If they did, then yeah, probably.
Adam
QUOTE (Overwatch)
I missed out on the file, and thus cant keep up with the conversation here. I know there is a problem with the people that were filmed, but is there an audio version some one could link me too, or even a transcript at this point?

The first part of the seminar is up on ShadowrunRPG.com -- I hope to have the other part online this weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012