Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Disposing of a Body
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Nyxll
I was wondering if anyone had some creative methods of getting rid of a body.

I remember a conversation I had with someone a while ago about ways to get rid of a body without anyone knowing.

They claimed to have dissolved it in a bathtup with HCL. (which is extremely unfeasable.) The hcl would make a huge stink, it would dissolve the drain plug and fixtures of the tub. And would require a massive amount of highly concentrated acid.

I imagine there are protien recycling centres for legal disposal of bodies found in the street etc. Love to hear of some ideas people have tried.

Canis
I wonder how tight security around a crematorium is? I image they probably have virtually none, so it might make sense to break in and just incinerate the body. Anyone think that this might work?

I think some serial killer used acid to hide his bodies, iirc it worked pretty well, I think he was caught some other way.
Shadow
Rubish pile full of worms, they will eventually eat everything. Hell toss it in the sewers and let the Devil rats have it.
hyzmarca
Fire. Nothing is better than fire. A crematorium or a medical waste disposal furnace works best. An Alpha equivilant street clinc would probably have a waste disposal furnace. Suddenly, a level 3 Street doc contact becomes much more useful.

Rememeber kids, a cremation a day keeps the Shedim away.
Velocity
Just remember that a simple fire will leave behind a lot of identifiable residue. Crematoriums operate at extremely high temperatures, much higher than a simple bonfire.

With 21st-century advances in forensic medicine plus that damnable forensic magic (curse you, psychometry!), disposing of bodies is harder than ever.

I'd suggest the devil rat / worm option, if only because it scatters the evidence to the four winds, making it much more difficult to identify later.

Alternately, try magic--elemental effect: acid might be useful.
Method
Canis' idea is pretty good, but you'd have to be sure that no one ever knew you were there. Any investigator worth his salt that arrives at a cremitorium on a B&E call is going to assume from the get go that a body was destroyed. Then its just a murder investigation without a body.

Another method would be to have your decker hack into a hospitol's computer system and up load false orders to incinerate a body. Then you and your buddies show up disquised as orderlies and deliver the goods.

Or if you've ever seen snatch: find a pig farm, or a croq farm, or a paranormal pig-croq farm.

What about magic? You could destroy the body using a combination of ignite and sterilize spells. or conjure up a fire elemental and order it to completely incinerate the body as one service.

Or dump it in a ghoul infest tenement in the Payallup barrens.

nezumi
Acid was successfully used by a serial killer (I believe in England? I can look it up. It's on the crimelibrary website). He was caught because one guy escaped before the fact, and the courts had a fit (no body!) However, it takes some time to do.

You can also use certain other chemicals (and make soap! Yay, good, clean fun) to achieve similar effects. Pigs are popular, as they do crush bones and eat EVERYTHING. There's a case of a gentleman who successfully used that for some time as well (debatably, ghouls may be equally effective). Fire isn't good, as even at high temperatures, it generally leaves bone fragments, and, well, you need a big fire which requires more specialized equipment than the acid or pigs. I want to say that crocodiles (and most reptiles) won't be as thorough as a proper omnivore like a pig or baboon, if only because they're not as thorough chewing and their digestive track is slower and less efficient (so you could cut open the croc before the job is done). But that's just me.

Of course, all of those require about 24 hours to work.

Other popular methods - chop off the head, hands and feet and destroy them with fire or acid. Toss the body into a large body of water. There's still a body, but it's tough to find and difficult to identify if it is (although thanks to DNA evidence, it's losing popularity except among stupid people). Alternatively, put the hands and head in a suitcase and toss that in too so that's found and the body isn't.

Ejecting into space might be a little more feasible with semi-ballistics. Burying 200 feet underground will be easier with earth elementals.

Dump it in Payallup. The radiation count is so high that no one will go after it (although I suppose they could use drones). Really though, Shadowrun is so big, and so less regulated in parts, hiding a body when you have the time to do so shouldn't be too tough. I think the question of hiding a body on short order will be difficult though, and magic will probably be your best solution.
Tarantula
Earth spirits can engulf right? And they can move through the ground too, right? "Engulf this, bring it to the center of the earth, and then you're free to go, thanks." Body gone.
tisoz
Transform spell then let something or someone eat it.
Adarael
The Barrens. Because nobody goes there, there's tons of places to hide the corpse, and the residents and resident wildlife will eat it.

In that vein, ask yourself: do you know any down-on-their-luck Ghouls?
Angelone
How about just obfuscating how the body died? Drop it off something high, body splats, police being overworked as they are label it a suicide and get rid of it for you. If they even get to it before the ghouls and other such things.
Trax
Body Chop Shop, by the time someone misses the person, they've been "re-distributed" to a dozen people.

Or just stuff them inside a woodchipper.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Canis @ Aug 12 2005, 02:59 PM)
I think some serial killer used acid to hide his bodies, iirc it worked pretty well, I think he was caught some other way.

John George Haigh. He was caught because investigators located a human gallstone on his property, and further investigation yielded a set of dentures and a significant amount of human fat. He used H2SO4 rather than HCl.

If you're running Seattle, you could always send it down to join the rest of the folk hanging out at the bottom of the Sound.

~J
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Angelone @ Aug 12 2005, 03:51 PM)
How about just obfuscating how the body died? Drop it off something high, body splats, police being overworked as they are label it a suicide and get rid of it for you. If they even get to it before the ghouls and other such things.

For that matter, why not just make it a very public suicide. The victim walk into a crowded building, states that he has no reason to live, and blows his own brains out. So long as no one is astrally percieving, you're good. Control manipulations are evil.

After reading the Master Shedim entry in Threats 2 I must say that dumping bodies in the Sound in a very bad idea.
nezumi
I think something like that will get an astral investigation going in no time flat, and the spell will likely be pretty high force to get him to do that.

As for splatting someone, that won't help against dental records or DNA testing, both of which I expect to be trivial for 2060 police.
Sabosect
My group actually did this: If the wounds are not obvious, clean the body up and enroll it in a self-help program for those who have problems communicating with others.
Angelone
Are we just trying to get rid of a body or are we trying to find a way to make sure it can't be found/identified?

If it's the latter the Snatch pig thing is your best bet.
Canis
Crabs are also suposed to work well for getting rid of bodies. If you can find Tamanous you might actually be able to get some money and dispose of the body.

A bit off-track: a friend of mine was playing a crazed orc samurai, and one time he tried to make people believe that a person he killed wasn't really dead, ala Weekend at Bernies (the police won't be investigating if they don't think he's dead). Suprizingly it didn't work out very well. But we all had a good laugh.
Angelone
QUOTE (Sabosect)
My group actually did this: If the wounds are not obvious, clean the body up and enroll it in a self-help program for those who have problems communicating with others.

Wow, just wow... gonna steal that idea.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
After reading the Master Shedim entry in Threats 2 I must say that dumping bodies in the Sound in a very bad idea.

Some of us commit our murders before 2061. Others of us just don't live near the coastline.

~J
Angelone
On the shedim thing kinda hard for them to get out of a "cement box'. Think Dick Tracy where they were completely ecasing the people in cement.
Kagetenshi
Shedim reduce evidence. If they've been shambling around, who's going to tie it to you?

Master Shedim are just so much to the better.

~J
Rev
Shape earth would be pretty great. Dig and fill a really deep hole quickly. Ram would work well too in the barrens. Put the body next to a nice big abandoned concrete wall, then knock it over onto it. Nobody is likely to bother clearing or investigating the rubble, and quite possibly it wouldn't attract much notice even if they did.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Aug 12 2005, 04:29 PM)
Shedim reduce evidence. If they've been shambling around, who's going to tie it to you?

Master Shedim are just so much to the better.

~J

Untill Mr J insists that you actually do the job he paid you to do and won't accept. "I really did killed him. It's probably just a zombie.".
Kagetenshi
If you're disposing of the body, presumably you don't need it for evidence anymore (and have already been paid).

~J
Clyde
Start with Fire Elemental Engful to get the big pieces, then use Acid Stream to melt down some of the bones. Finish with sterilize to wipe out DNA and astral identification. Optional step: mix the remainder into concrete, create decorative planter, dump into sound.

Or just cast Preserve and Healthy Glow and dump him at the library over a copy of "Great Expectations."
Modesitt
  • Partially dig up a grave, placing this one on top of the coffin below. Unless they want to look at the OTHER guy, they'll never find your guy.
  • Give it to a Houdoun. He'll turn it into a zombie. When the spell ends, it collapses into an unrecognizable pile of flesh. As long as he uses zombies as home servants, this isn't a problem.
  • There's no reason to break into a crematorium when you can just have a cremator as a contact.
  • Cut them up and sell/donate them to an animal shelter or zoo as low-grade meat.
  • For bones, hire a caterer for a feast and note that you want a big, roast pig or several turkeys. Mix the bones in with the pig and no one's the wiser.
  • Take the Ghoul idea one step further - Donate it to the ghoul nation. They'll never find it there. I'm sure they take donated corpses. I mean, surely some people out there opt to donate their corpses to Ghoul Charity, right?
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Aug 12 2005, 05:00 PM)
If you're disposing of the body, presumably you don't need it for evidence anymore (and have already been paid).

~J

I was thinking less of not being paid and more of the kill him or I'll hire an even better runner to kill you lying, cheating, double-crossing mother-fragger.

Edit:It pays to invest in one of these

mmm.....slag
Edge2054
Cut it up into little pieces and eat what you're hungry for... toss the rest in the fridge for later. Of course this only works if you're playing a ghoul, or one twisted SOB.
Nikoli
Another option is a military contact. they have incinerators that won't even leave ash, let alone bone fragments. Some crematoriums can get up to that temperature, but not very often without making a noticable spike in energy consumption on the grid. Military incinerators constantly operate a tthat temperature or higher as a matter of security.
toturi
Take a page out of the old Soviet book and load up the dead man into the incinerator when he is still alive if you are really worried about shedim
Nikoli
And on the brightside, you can always pop some popcorn beforehand for the show...
hyzmarca
Most crematoriums use propane. Using a propane powered furnace would prevent any such power usage spike.
Nikoli
Out of the norm for official volume + normal variance would still show up as extra propane purchased. if the crematorium normally (no shadow activity) uses 115 gallons of propane for 25 services, and this moneth uses 200 gallons for 20 services, none of which requested the no ash option, that could raise eyebrows.
hyzmarca
That is why you purchace the propane through more discrete channels. People in the barrens have heating needs , too. There is profit to be made in shadow propane sales.
Noctum
Get yourself a little Phosphorus Grenade, and small amount of Plastic Explosives. Place both inside abdomen of corpse. Take a Night ride into the sound... Using 25 lb Fishing line attach hook to pin of grenade with a little slack and another hook attached to outside of abdomen. Place body into water with a lead weight Begin trolling allow for 450 ft of fishing line... around 250 ft put the boat's throttle all the way down at 450 ft "Boom" the phosphorus will ignite the Plastic and the body is so much blood in the water.. Vaporized Fish Food.

at street value i think everything might cost around 1000. NOT COUNTING THE BOAT.
hyzmarca
A less explosive idea is to get a woodchipper. There is less chance of leaving recoverable chunks, as well. With an explosive you could potentialy leave an identifiable chunk of flesh or bone. There is no such possibility with a wood chipper. Just remember to clean the weapon use use to dismember the body. They got one guy who tried that becuase of a chunk of skin left in his chainsaw.
Clyde
Don't forget all the little bits of chrome and so forth that could be in there. Your enemy's corpse could easily be identified from the serial number of his cyberspurs or some such.
toturi
Dispose your troublesome bodies in the incinerators here at Spy Inc. Our branches at Langley, Century House and Lubyanka are open 24/7 365 days. Extraterritoriality garanteed!
Ed Simons
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
A less explosive idea is to get a woodchipper. There is less chance of leaving recoverable chunks, as well. With an explosive you could potentialy leave an identifiable chunk of flesh or bone. There is no such possibility with a wood chipper.

Woodchippers aren't as thorough as you think. I remember reading about a guy who tried this, but there were still identifiable bits. Including inside the woodchipper, IIRC. And there was the question of why he'd rented it in the first place.

Here's a link to it.
http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murd...rder/index.html

The best (as in profitable) way of disposing of bodies is selling them to ghouls or organleggers.

Failing that, just pitch the body out of the back of an unmarked van in the middle of the Barrens. The locals aren't going to call Lone Star and even if they did, Lone Star wouldn't come.
Backgammon
edit: upon reconsideration, nevermind.
Fresno Bob
Or, you could go to a cemetary late at night, open up a recent grave, and just drop the body on top of the coffin, then cover the grave back up. Who'd think to look for a missing person in a cemetary? No one, thats who.
Kagetenshi
Powerball.

~J
lorthazar
invite your ghoul friends over for a small feast, then grind up the bones and use them as fertilizer for your roses.
ShadowGhost
Get your shaman. Find a quiet area, open up a manhole, drop the body in.

Have shaman conjure sewer spirit, and have it take the body to the deepest, darkest recesses of the sewer as fast as possible.

Rory Blackhand
A guy I worked with and his brothers chopped up two hunters they murdered in a bar brawl and fed them to his hogs. Hogs will eat anything. They got away with it for years being the prime suspects until a messy divorce and a vindictive wife landed them all behind bars. Investigators could have found traces of human remains in the hog shit, but they even scooped it up with a back hoe and got rid of that too before the search warrant was issued.

I like the move earth ideas best. Just bury the body and let bacteria dissolve it over time. Or put lime with the body to accelerate the proccess.

Could moving thru earth using the engulf power work? If it can, how about moving a live person breathing with an air tank underground?
imperialus
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
Fire. Nothing is better than fire. A crematorium or a medical waste disposal furnace works best. An Alpha equivilant street clinc would probably have a waste disposal furnace. Suddenly, a level 3 Street doc contact becomes much more useful.

a friend will help you move, a GOOD friend will help you move a body.
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Noctum)
the phosphorus will ignite the Plastic and the body is so much blood in the water

WP requires external oxygen to burn, buried inside a human it will only burn for a very short period unless it actually blows the guy open (which of course won't help underwater). Not that it matters, because an incendiary or WP grenade is an extremely unreliably detonator for an explosive as stable as most plastic explosive compounds are. To make things worse, in SR3 plastic explosives are apparently detonated by electric shock. And even if the explosives did go off, with only a small amount of plastic explosives, large and very identifiable chunks would float to the surface.

Just go with a push/pull/release/pressure trap detonator and over 10kg of TNT spread over the corpse. Which will still attract a lot of attention unless you do it really, really deep underwater, and bits of human will still float to the surface and be identifiable through DNA checks.
Kesh
If you're on the coast, a set of cement shoes and a boat ride out into the ocean should do nicely.
Kagetenshi
Medium-thickness coating of thermite. Just be sure to lay down a bit on either side so no one finds the human-shaped hole burned into whatever the body was laid on.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012