IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Apocryphal Rules Errata, Whether revoked or of forign origin this errata may not be official.
MJBurrage
post Jun 4 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 11,507

From multiple other threads it is apparent that there are many changes to Fourth Edition supplemental books that have not been disclosed officially in English.

The intent of this thread, is for it to be maintained (like the Who's Who thread linked in my Sig) as a collection of the relevant changes, based upon input from everyone here at Dumpshock.

To keep the thread on topic—and to prevent it from being derailed—please to not post opinion on the merits of the changes, nor the merits of the publishers. (There are other threads for that). Rather just lets us know of any changes to the rules or canon fluff that you are aware of (I'm not worried about spelling, grammar, or character's interpretations of fluff).

Street Magic

Adept Initiation (p.31)
Groups may consider allowing adepts to gain 1 Power Point instead of a Metamagic at Initiation.
This first appeared in the official Errata, and was included in the second printing of the book. It was removed from the third printing of the book—as was all the errata included in the second printing.

Aspected Mana Static (Environmental, Area)
Type: M • Range: LOS (A) • Duration: P • DV: (F ÷ 2) + 4
This spell was removed during playtesting for being too powerful, but was still listed in the Spell Table. The spell was apparently still included in the first German printing of Street Magic, and functioned the same as its parent spell Mana Static, except that since the created background count was aspected to the caster’s tradition, it provided any caster of the same tradition a bonus instead of a penalty.

Augmentation

Multiple Essence Modifiers (p.32)
Example: secondhand Rating 2 alphaware muscle replacement:
The base Essence cost of the implant would be 1.92 (the original 2 Essence cost for Rating 2 muscle replacement × 0.8 for alphaware grade × 1.2 for the second-hand state of the implant), while the Availability would be 9R (10R for the original implant, –1 for being second-hand) and the cost 10,000¥ (10,000¥ × 2 × 0.5).
While it has been confirmed on Dumpshock,(Peter Taylor) that multiple modifiers should be added to each other before being applied, the German printing (BodyTech) has no such change, and uses the same multiplicative math in the example above.
With respect to Cybersuites, Page 50 of
BodyTech does say to add the modifiers.

Simsense Booster and Control Rig Booster (p.37,108)
The German printing states that you can combine them.

Trauma Damper (p.70)
The German printing states that Stun damage may only be reduced to a minimum of 1 box.

Nano-Biomonitor (p.112)
Errata posted on Dumpshock,(Peter Taylor) and the German printing state that it improves medical nanoware systems by 1.

"Essence hole" (p.112)
... if you remove one cyberware item that had an Essence Cost of 1, you may install up to Essence Cost 1 of new cyberware without lowering your Essence total. Any cost over 1 would be deducted as normal. Note that a bioware implant would not be able to fill that same hole, however—cyberware only.
The German printing states that "Essence holes" from implants are universal, I.E. bioware can fill a hole left by cyberware and vice-versa.

Arsenal
The German printing (Arsenal 2070) includes extra equipment, which is included in DamienKnight's Character Generator

Runners Companion

Karma Character Generation Costs (1st & 2nd print, p.41)
Metatype (shapeshifter type, etc.): 0
The German printings, and 3rd English printing state that the Karma Cost equals the Build Point Cost.
Improving an attribute by 1: New rating × 3
Since SR4A, this has been new rating × 5.

War!

The Fleshfinder (p.120)
The item was not included in the German printing (Fronteinsatz).

Slow (Physical) (p.178)
Type: P • Range: LOS (A) • Duration S • DV: (F ÷ 2) + 3
This spell saps the kinetic energy of moving objects (relative to the manasphere, which in most cases is the Earth) in its area of effect. Movement in the area is limited to one meter per second, enough to mitigate damage from bullets, explosions, or falls. The spell ends when the caster stops sustaining it or the amount of mass moving in the area of effect exceeds 200 kg per hit on the Spellcasting Test. This spell does not change forces (such as gravity), just speed.
This spell is often used by special forces for HALO insertions without a parachute.
This spell was replaced in the German printing by a Mass Levitation spell, due to the perceived potential for abuse discussed on the Dumpshock bulletin boards.

Other Changes (will better format later)
  • You can launch a cruise missile from an airplane. (It takes 2 reinforced external mounts to mount a cruise missile.)
  • Recharge only works on handheld devices.
  • Ballast Tanks removed from ships not otherwise equipped for submersible operation.
  • No jobs for poisoning wells and killing roma and sinti.

Related threads (will integrate confirmed errata later this week)

Last Edited – 2011-JUN-07 19:55
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Jun 4 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #2

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,566

Approval.

I'm curious if there's any changes in the German Runner's Companion.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jun 4 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #3

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

By curious, I assume you mean 'praying hard'. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I have this perverse hope that the German versions of *all* the books are less broken, ha.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Jun 5 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,709

I'm currently working on a pdf with all the extra gear from the German Arsenal (figured it would be nice training for doing the alt.Russia stuff). Will post a link when it's done, hopefully by tomorrow.

@Udoshi: The attribute costs for karmagen are new value x 5, that's the only change I am aware of. I'm sure there are others, though.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Jun 5 2011, 11:00 AM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

You also pay for the metatype cost in Karma (orks cost 20 Karma, elves cost 30 Karma, etc.). I have heard that the German errata for Runner's Companion is in the newest English printings, too. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

The Street Magic changes (removing all errata from the most recent printing) seems more like a boneheaded mistake on someone's part than an official change.

+Quote Post
Ghost_in_the_Sys...
post Jun 5 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 29,932

QUOTE (Glyph @ Jun 5 2011, 07:00 AM) *
You also pay for the metatype cost in Karma (orks cost 20 Karma, elves cost 30 Karma, etc.). I have heard that the German errata for Runner's Companion is in the newest English printings, too. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

"We can neither confirm nor deny that something has been fixed."

The Germans are always ahead of us. Very nice to have some of these grey Erratas centralized in one spot like this.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jun 5 2011, 04:54 PM
Post #7

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

Well, the next printing of Arsenal 2070 has chances of having errata implemented.
And it uses the german cover too.

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Jun 5 2011, 08:09 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Added "Multiple Essence Modifiers" under Augmentation.

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 5 2011, 11:54 AM) *
Well, the next printing of Arsenal 2070 has chances of having errata implemented.
And it uses the German cover too.
Do you mean that the next English printing will have errata and/or a new cover? Where/when was this announced ?

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Jun 5 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #9

Great Dragon

QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Jun 5 2011, 09:09 PM) *

I don't know where you are getting this from, but in my book the numbers in that example are exactly the same as in the English pdf. The only point where Bodytech mentions adding modifiers together is the Essence modifier for cyber suites. And only the essence modifier, the cost modifier is again multiplied.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jun 5 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #10

The ShadowComedian

QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Jun 5 2011, 10:09 PM) *

Do you mean that the next English printing will have errata and/or a new cover? Where/when was this announced ?

It is LIKELY that the new Printing will have Errata incorporated.
It is CERTAIN that the new Printing will use the german Cover.
Nordcon, yesterday. By the german shadowrun official who attended and held a 1.5 Hour Ask and Answer meeting with us.

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Jun 5 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

QUOTE (Sengir @ Jun 5 2011, 04:42 PM) *
I don't know where you are getting this from, but in my book the numbers in that example are exactly the same as in the English pdf. The only point where Bodytech mentions adding modifiers together is the Essence modifier for cyber suites. And only the essence modifier, the cost modifier is again multiplied.
Thank you. That is why I started this thread. I have updated the entry accordingly.

+Quote Post
Mantis
post Jun 5 2011, 11:56 PM
Post #12

Running Target

Member No.: 17,538

QUOTE (Glyph @ Jun 5 2011, 04:00 AM) *

The latest printing of Runner's Companion that I have does indeed included these changes as the 5 x multiplier for Attribute cost.

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Jun 6 2011, 03:01 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (Mantis @ Jun 5 2011, 07:56 PM) *
The latest printing of Runner's Companion that I have does indeed included these changes as the 5 x multiplier for Attribute cost.
What about "Metatype (shapeshifter type, etc.)" ? Is it 0 Karma, or equal to BP Cost, or something else ?

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Jun 6 2011, 08:58 AM
Post #14

Great Dragon

QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Jun 6 2011, 12:39 AM) *
Thank you. That is why I started this thread. I have updated the entry accordingly.

While I hate myself for pointing this out, you also should add the rule that the Essence modifier for cyber suites is additive (as said before, only the Essence modifier, not the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) costs). It's bad math and creates inconsistencies for very little gain, but it's in the rules...

+Quote Post
Black2754
post Jun 6 2011, 09:20 AM
Post #15

Target

Member No.: 30,268

QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Jun 6 2011, 05:01 AM) *
What about "Metatype (shapeshifter type, etc.)" ? Is it 0 Karma, or equal to BP Cost, or something else ?

I have a third printing. It says "New Rating x 5" for attributes and "As BP" for Metatype. My book has everything Ancient History once posted on this board.

+Quote Post
Tycho
post Jun 6 2011, 01:22 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,495

In the German Augmentation are also no more "Bioware-Essence-Holes" and "Cyberware-Essence-Holes", you just have a "Essence-Hole" and you can fill it with whatever you want.

cya
Tycho

+Quote Post
Ghost_in_the_Sys...
post Jun 6 2011, 02:25 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

I don't think English books ever had bio/cyber specific essence holes, at least not that I remember.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jun 6 2011, 06:29 PM
Post #18

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Ghost_in_the_System @ Jun 6 2011, 07:25 AM) *
I don't think English books ever had bio/cyber specific essence holes, at least not that I remember.

They Did... Originally...

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Jun 6 2011, 07:44 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

QUOTE (Sengir @ Jun 6 2011, 03:58 AM) *
While I hate myself for pointing this out, you also should add the rule that the Essence modifier for cyber suites is additive (as said before, only the Essence modifier, not the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) costs). It's bad math and creates inconsistencies for very little gain, but it's in the rules...

Is this stated in the rules? or was it discovered by reverse engineering the examples?

P.S. Added essence holes.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jun 6 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #20

The ShadowComedian

Well, it may be bad math, but it makes easier numbers usually . .

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Jun 6 2011, 08:25 PM
Post #21

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

I knew keeping track of this would be useful one day.

Unofficial Errata:
Running Wild
Street Magic
Augmentation
Augmentation, again
Runner's Companion
GM Screen
Arsenal
Anniversary Ed

Some links may have more usable crunch and fixes than others.

I can verify that the nanobiomonitor fix comes from Synner, and that Drugs are -supposed- to have a listed Power and Speed, but somene forgot

Also, clarifications on how Attitude's armor mods work, from hardy.

Jennifer Harding clarifies how Emulation gets even more nerfed.

I would also suggest linking a copy of the Random Scatter Comparison Between Editions Table, by hobgoblin, for people who are sick of anniversary editions teleporting grenades.

Hope that helps. Since this seems to be a list of stuff that should be changed (shadowrun ultimate edition, perhaps?), having material to pull from is good. Viola, enjoy.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Jun 6 2011, 08:33 PM
Post #22

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

On that note:

Shapeshifters and the time it takes to transform, and what happens to worn clothing/armor. I'm not entirely in agreement with the armor stuck/damage rule (seems a tad excessive, seeing as a body 6 creature can wear 9 armor without encumbrance, then shift to its opposite form--also 6 body--and takes 9 damage and becomes entangled; or god forbid, the muscle-troll turns into his mouse form with less body: 10 body to 2! Wait, 15 damage? Why does the 3" long mouse have to resist 15 damage?), but that's what I was told when I asked.

+Quote Post
Ghost_in_the_Sys...
post Jun 6 2011, 08:34 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

Well for the mouse it is obvious, he is being crushed by all that armor falling on his tiny form (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Jun 6 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #24

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

QUOTE (Ghost_in_the_System @ Jun 6 2011, 03:34 PM) *
Well for the mouse it is obvious, he is being crushed by all that armor falling on his tiny form (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

I seriously doubt that a mouse would care all that much. It's not like the mouse is getting a brick dropped on it (which would kill the mouse). First off, the armor is partially flexible, second it likely comes in multiple pieces, third the low velocities involved (falling clothing, even armor, won't be imparting enough force on a small object, such as a mouse, that would cause damage--total force imparted to the ground from 50 pounds of armor falling 2 meters is 313 Newtons (or about as much force as 70 pounds of material does just sitting there), however, 95%1 of that force will be imparted to the ground directly, leaving the mouse to only deal with having about 3.5 pounds of force).

1Reasonably believable Bull Shit number.

+Quote Post
Ghost_in_the_Sys...
post Jun 6 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jun 6 2011, 03:56 PM) *
leaving the mouse to only deal with having about 3.5 pounds of force).

The fact that I was kidding aside, 3.5 pounds is still around 80 times the weight of a mouse.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:47 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.