Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decent editable SR4 Character Sheet
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
calypso
Anyone know of a good, editable character sheet? Doesn't need to be anything fancy.

Calypso
calypso
Alright... I'll make one. What would people like to see:

- Based off the official sheet, or Mintcar's (improved) sheet?
- Simple editable fields, or more complicated drop-down fields?
- Boxers, or Briefs?
- Other suggestions, or go jump in a lake?

Calypso
blakkie
Sorry, forgot about this. There is an Excel sheet linked here somewhere that i'm using. Only i modified it some to handle Cyber/Bio substraction from Essense correctly (it splits out the essense loss columns separately for bio/cyber, and then automatically 1/2s the smaller of the two, and also doubles Cyber if the Sensitive System flaw had been selected).

EDIT: My version also allows you to set the BP instead of hardcoding, and it also goes red on yellow for a bunch of the numbers when you exceed the various BP limits and such.

I don't want to link it back up though without permisson as they were going to update their's as well. I forget which user it was. It was one of the "Shadows" though i think.
blakkie
Ah, it was THE Shadow. smile.gif But he was only hosting it, Autarkis is the one that created it.

http://www.shadowgames.us/shadowruntools/S.../SR4Chargen.xls

I'll send him a PM to see if i can put my variation of it up, or if it would work better if he incorporated some of the improvements in his since he was going to do some other improvements to his.
Lord Ben
I'd like the SR4 fanpro sheet with text fields, that's all I need.

Maybe a side sheet with different layouts for gear, etc.
calypso
QUOTE (Lord Ben)
I'd like the SR4 fanpro sheet with text fields, that's all I need.

Maybe a side sheet with different layouts for gear, etc.

You got it. Expect it mid-day tomorrow.
warrior_allanon
oooh think he could do mine to, mines customized for each style character because you can use any word processor prog to set up and then cut and paste to the MS word file for the layout

calypso
QUOTE (warrior_allanon)
oooh think he could do mine to, mines customized for each style character because you can use any word processor prog to set up and then cut and paste to the MS word file for the layout

Could you rephrase that? I want to understand what you're saying, but I can't manage to wrap my head around it.

Calypso
warrior_allanon
i have a customized set of character sheets. you can use any word processor program to enter the feilds and then cut and paste the info to the character sheet which is in MS Word format

do you think someone would be willing to host it so that people can use it
Shadow
QUOTE (blakkie)
Ah, it was THE Shadow. smile.gif But he was only hosting it, Autarkis is the one that created it.

http://www.shadowgames.us/shadowruntools/S.../SR4Chargen.xls

I'll send him a PM to see if i can put my variation of it up, or if it would work better if he incorporated some of the improvements in his since he was going to do some other improvements to his.

I would be happy to host your version too Blakkie, just email it to me.
Autarkis
Real life has caught up with me and I haven't had the chance to make updates. Some of the changes I want to make:

1. Create separate Cyberware, Bioware, and Cyberware w/Capacity Sheets (to tie back to "Sensitive System" Flaw and update Essence costs appropriately.)
2. Warnings or hard coding to stop players from taking Skills if they already took the Skill Group or vice versa.
3. Coding to allow Exceptional Attribute, Exceptional Ability, and Lucky update on the sheet.
4. Ability to import "customized" languages and knowledges.

And some other stuff... cool.gif

But...I haven't got to it...the motivation was really spurred on my groups upcoming game, but we pushed out the start date of the game to October, so I have some time.

So Blakkie, to make a long story short, you have my permission as long as I can "borrow" some of your updates. eek.gif
blakkie
Ya sure, you an borrow them. smile.gif Changes made so far:

1) Split Bioware/Cyberware Essense costs separately, and have them total appropriately to subtract from Essense.
2) Doubles Cyberware essense for Sensitive System. (Note: It doubles it AFTER the comparison to bioware, and it is potentially halved. Not sure this is at least one of multiple valid interpretation of the rules. This should likely get it's own thread.)
3) Subtract from Magic/Resonance for Essense lost.
4) Added entry of BP (no longer hard coded to 400BP), this adjusts both the Ability and total BP limits.
5) Put a visual warning (turns red on yellow) on: Knowledge/Language Skill BP, total BP, and Attribute BP when you go over.
6) Allowed overriding Language skill to enter a Specialization.

Things i'll likely add this morning AFTER Shadow has started hosting my current version:
1) Carry over of excess Knowledge/Language BP spent to total BP used.
2) Adjust maximum Edge for Lucky. You'll be able to copy this for the other , once entrys are made in the list for all the separate "Exception Attribute (attribute_name)".
3) Shorten the space for Edges/Flaws, or maybe just combine the two into one correctly named "Qualities" list and have them show the BP as -/+. (which would be better?)
4) Basing Knowledge/Language BP available on the modified Logic & Intuition. (i'm about to kick off a separate thread here about that)
5) I'll check to see if there is an easy, usable solution to the capacity handling that can be done right in the main Cyberware sheet. There likely isn't though.

@Shadow - I'll email the file shortly, i first have to get to the computer that has it. I have hosting space, but it is probably best if we only have one source for the file right now to avoid version issues.
calypso
So here's a quick job of making the official charsheet editable. If anyone knows how to make it so an Adobe Reader user can save the information entered, I'd be interested to hear.

http://www.savefile.com/files3.php?fid=8268965

Calypso
Slacker
QUOTE (calypso @ Sep 21 2005, 11:47 AM)
So here's a quick job of making the official charsheet editable.  If anyone knows how to make it so an Adobe Reader user can save the information entered, I'd be interested to hear.

Calypso

Some of the fields are messed up. There are Skill textboxes linked to Quality textboxes so that if you type something in the skill textbox it appears in the Quality textbox, and vice versa.

And some of the skill rating textboxes are linked to the Quality type textboxes in the same way.

edit: all of the textboxes for cyber/bio, melee weapons, vehicles, armor, and commlink are similarly linked to something else.
calypso
QUOTE (Slacker)
QUOTE (calypso @ Sep 21 2005, 11:47 AM)
So here's a quick job of making the official charsheet editable.  If anyone knows how to make it so an Adobe Reader user can save the information entered, I'd be interested to hear.

Calypso

Some of the fields are messed up. There are Skill textboxes linked to Quality textboxes so that if you type something in the skill textbox it appears in the Quality textbox, and vice versa.

And some of the skill rating textboxes are linked to the Quality type textboxes in the same way.

edit: all of the textboxes for cyber/bio, melee weapons, vehicles, armor, and commlink are similarly linked to something else.

Doh! I guess field names do matter. Alright, I'm on it like.... something... on something else.
Slacker
Actually, it is may be happening because you copy/pasted fields instead of using Create Multiple Copies. I've found that when you copy/paste it doesn't matter if you change the field name, it always has them linked. At least that is the way it works in Acrobat 6.0.

Oh and to get it to be editable/saveable in Reader you have to have some special software from Adobe that costs thousands, so I don't think you'll be getting that working.
blakkie
Ok Shadow, you'll be getting another updated XLS very shortly, let people know when it is up.

Extensive visual change to the front page.
Lucky now updates the Edge max properly.
Qualities have been combined.
You now denote Specializations of a Skill differently. The entire space eater Speciality section in the middle is gone. Instead you enter an 'x' (or any character, even a space, in the "Spec" column to the right of the Skill being specialized. That changes the format of the row BENEATH the skill letting you know you type in the name of the Specialization there (it also shows up in Italics).

Things to keep in mind:
If you already had a Group/Skill entered in the row below it will no longer be treated as a Group/Skill in totaling costs (it is also very apparent that it will not, try it out and see).
The rule about not denoting a Specialization for a Group is not enforced in any way, yet. There eventually will be a warning of red on yellow, but that'll take a bit more work.

EDIT: Not 100% sure that Knowledge/Language and Contacts costs work 100%. Am still checking those.

P.S. I also changed the print orientation of the first page from Landscape to Portrait and cut out that stuff on the right that isn't needed on a printout.
Shadow
Sorry for the delay on posting, works a killer smile.gif

Here you go,

Blakkies modified SRchargen

calypso
Okay, let's try this again: http://www.savefile.com/files2.php?fid=8384139

I think I fixed it by going through and giving each field a unique name and then using create multiple copies.

Calypso
blakkie
Oh, also i have the Protection turned off on most sheets right now. It is always a mess turning that back on after you do a lot of moving stuff around, so i haven't gone through that pain yet.

Other little tweaks include:
- shortening some Quality names (you still have to look them up for full text to understand them anyway)
- included an Exceptional Attribute for each attribute (to help out anyone that extends the fix for Lucky across to the other attributes)
- corrected the cost for Technomancer class chosen up in top-left by Race
- removed Technomancer from the Qualities list
- changed the bone enhancements to alter Bod (but that isn't strictly correct since you aren't suppose to include them for toxin tests, healing tests, etc.)
- added Impact and Ballistic armor values to one or two pieces of 'ware (forget which ones) that didn't have it before
Lord Ben
The size of the file is 0 bytes.
Shadow
QUOTE (Lord Ben)

Who you talkin about LB?
calypso
QUOTE (Lord Ben)

KHAAAAAN!

I can't get it to upload. Keeps saying "Document contains no data."

frown.gif
blakkie
EDIT: nevermind, i see now that you aren't talking about the XLS file
calypso
Okay, the problem was that the file got too big (went from 300k to 2.3m). So I optimized and it uploaded fine:

http://www.savefile.com/files3.php?fid=5338051

Calypso
Lord Ben
You're the best! smile.gif
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (Lord Ben)
You're the best! smile.gif

Indeed
calypso
Blakkie, there's something weird going on with the Edges/Flaws. Edges add to your max BP, rather than adding to what you've spent.

Calypso

EDIT: I fixed it by making all of the values of the positive qualities negative.
blakkie
QUOTE (calypso @ Sep 21 2005, 02:23 PM)
Blakkie, there's something weird going on with the Edges/Flaws.  Edges add to your max BP, rather than adding to what you've spent.

Calypso

EDIT: I fixed it by making all of the values of the positive qualities negative.

Sorry, was working on getting all the stuff totalling correctly again.

That isn't the complete fix, doesn't give a check for 35 +/- limit. I'm sending Shadow the complete fix for that. It also now totals all the Contacts properly and BP for Knowledge/Languages bought past the freebies from 3*(Logic+Intuition).

Note: Knowledge/Language don't handle Specializations yet. They are a bit different from the Skills specializations, in costs as well. You can manually override entries in those sections to give text for it, but you'll have to track the cost of 1BP per Specialization yourself for now.
blakkie
BTW i don't really recommend that XLS file for playing with. Mostly just building to keep track of all the costs. Although it isn't entirely ugly printed.

I've only got a couple of touch-ups left and i'll pass it back into the public domain for maintaining. So please let me know about any problems by about 6PM EST (about an 1 hour and bit after this post) so i can try get them in.
Shadow
QUOTE (Shadow)

Here you go,

Updated
blakkie
Going, going, gone...

Since nothing else has been noted i finalized the changes, added some Comments to some of the cells, and made sure all the cell protections were correct and things were adding up the way they should.

Final version from me has been emailed to you Shadow. Thanks a lot for your help and time.
Shadow
QUOTE (Shadow)
QUOTE (Shadow @ Sep 21 2005, 11:41 AM)

Here you go,

Updated

Updated again.

NP, always glad to help.
calypso
Blakkie: On the sheet, you're only calculating 1BP per spell, it should be 3.

Calypso
blakkie
QUOTE (calypso @ Sep 30 2005, 12:22 AM)
Blakkie:  On the sheet, you're only calculating 1BP per spell, it should be 3.

Calypso

Thanks for the heads up.

Hmmm. I never really did a check on that part (it's something i didn't touch). Imperialus also mentioned to me on the phone that the power points available to Adepts is the number you purchase, NOT the the number available after essense loss like it should. I'll have those two things fixed up plus the Avail checking on cyber/bio later today.

P.S. I might also do the checking to limit the number of spells known to double the highest value of Spellcasting/Ritual Spellcasting/Sorcery Group while i'm at it.
tirsales
@Blakkie: Nice, nice, nice!
Is there any interest in a little proggi (Perl) to fill in a PDF? I guess it could be written to read the data from Blakkies Sheet ...
So you would create your char with Blakkies Chargen, start the script - and get a normal PDF with your values.
Kerrygold
hi blakkie,

i like your sheet
but shouldn' start all attributes with 1?

in the book the first point is free and does not substract from your building points

best regards
Kerrygold
blakkie
First, it isn't my sheet. I'm just the last one to edit it. Second you don't actually pay for the first point that you enter in there. So the cost is the same if it is blank or you put a 1 in, so make sure to put a 1 in. smile.gif

P.S. That linked one hasn't been updated with the newest file yet. The newest file should have the date of September 25th, 2005 over top of the Legend in the first sheet. Shadow apparently hasn't yet gotten the email i sent about 4 days back to update his site. frown.gif I'll probably put up the file on my own site shortly, and he can mirror it when he gets to it.
Kerrygold
Hi Blakkie,

your right! My fault... smile.gif
I think i havn't attuned to the new low attribute values...

so i'm gonna wait for your new file smile.gif
Wizdoc
There's also my Excel spreadsheet:

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=10133

It's pretty complete. All it's missing are the Hacker/Technomancer specific items, the rest of the spells & weapons and some other minor details. But it does print out a nice sheet.

Wizdoc
ChuckRozool
Hey Calypso...

I hate to be nit-picky, especially considering the great job you did, but...

Would it be possible for you to fix the Tab order? I've never tried to create a document in Acrobat so i don't know if there's even a way to set Tab orders. But if it is possible, could you do it?

For example, In the Ranged Weapons section the Tab order is (from the 1st line): Weapon, AP, Damage, Ammo, Mode, RC, and then it jumps to the 1st line of the Cyberware/Bioware section under Essence.

It would be nice if you could Tab to the next colum in a section and then to the next row in the same section.

So, for example, in the Conacts section the Tab order would be: (1st line) Contact Name, Loyalty, Conn., to (2nd line) Contact Name, etc.

After that it wouldn't matter what section it went to next just as long as that section followed the same Tab order format.

So if you could do that you'd be like...
...uh...
...you'd be like so Awsome, you were Jawsome!!! notworthy.gif
calypso
QUOTE (ChuckRozool)
Hey Calypso...

I hate to be nit-picky, especially considering the great job you did, but...

Would it be possible for you to fix the Tab order? I've never tried to create a document in Acrobat so i don't know if there's even a way to set Tab orders. But if it is possible, could you do it?

Sure. The file (and Acrobat) are at work, so it won't happen until Monday, but it's an easy fix.

Calypso
blakkie
@Kerrygold - Finally got done the changes, here is a crosslink to the Community Projects board as i put up a new link. I'm hosting it myself since it looks like Shadow has been out of touch for about a week (which happens, damn RL crap nyahnyah.gif).

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=10191

I ended up doing more than i planned. Really happy with the improvements. About all it needs now (for my goals) is a gear purchase and something to tie everything not printed on the main page into one or two pages whose content determines it's layout. The stuff i did for the Magic section really translated well for the Technomancers, and i figured it was high time someone give them some love.

P.S. If you want to print out the main page for gaming use, which i'm not big on since i like the ease of altering you get from penciled in information, i recommend you go to File-Page Setup and then under the Sheet tab, in the Print group, toggle the Black and white checkbox on. I like the colours when you route the printout to a PDF file, but on a printer it's cheaper and far clearer (and easier to Whiteout and update) when you print in black & white.
Feshy
Two things I noticed as I tried this character sheet out.

First, putting a specialization italicizes and makes editable the skill UNDERNEATH the skill with the specialization. That's what the tooltip says it does, but.. why not have it modify the skill it's on the same line with?

I can't figure out how to set a cyberlimb's attribute to zero (that is, change my mind about an improved attribute.) once set, the range is 1 to 6, and you can't get rid of it. Also... the costs don't seem to count the limbs themselves. Just giving my character a cyberarm doesn't cost him any money until I add modifications to it.
blakkie
QUOTE (Feshy @ Oct 2 2005, 09:35 PM)
Two things I noticed as I tried this character sheet out.

First, putting a specialization italicizes and makes editable the skill UNDERNEATH the skill with the specialization.  That's what the tooltip says it does, but.. why not have it modify the skill it's on the same line with?

You type in the name of the Specialization on the line underneath the associated Skill. There isn't any room on the line with the Skill to enter the name of the Specialization. I recommend starting with 5 spaces to indent it, it looks better that way. So on the line under Pistols you'd type ' Semi-Automatics'. EDIT: Of course it is hard to show a 5 space indent using only spaces on an HTML page. smile.gif

I can't figure out how to set a cyberlimb's attribute to zero (that is, change my mind about an improved attribute.)  once set, the range is 1 to 6, and you can't get rid of it.  Also... the costs don't seem to count the limbs themselves.  Just giving  my character a cyberarm doesn't cost him any money until I add modifications to it.

I have NO idea how the Cyberlimbs work. I haven't touched it nor used that sheet. It really isn't an aspect of SR that i've historically been interested in. Try PMing Autarkis, that's 100% his still stuff so he'll be able to tell you how it works [i assume].
Hasaku
First off, thanks a lot, Blakkie. This sheet is great.

One small annoyance, though: when I add, for instance, Synaptic Accelerator to the cyberware tab, I have to set the rating. If I then use the dropdown menu to change that slot to Wired II, the "2" remains in the now hashed-out Rating field, showing up in red. There don't seem to be any problems after clearing that field. Just a heads up.
blakkie
QUOTE (Hasaku @ Oct 3 2005, 02:38 AM)
First off, thanks a lot, Blakkie. This sheet is great.

Thanks.
One small annoyance, though: when I add, for instance, Synaptic Accelerator to the cyberware tab, I have to set the rating. If I then use the dropdown menu to change that slot to Wired II, the "2" remains in the now hashed-out Rating field, showing up in red. There don't seem to be any problems after clearing that field. Just a heads up.

Ya, i didn't write a triggered event to have it clear away unneeded ratings. So the user must manually delete the unneeded ratings. In fact i have avoided macros entirely up until this point. I don't like saying Yes to macros from strange people, so likewise i try avoid forcing others to make that choice. smile.gif

EDIT: BTW you'll run into a similar thing if you lower some Skills and Attributes after filling out the Techonmancer and Magic sheets. For example if had already taken your maximum number of Bound spirits but then lower your Charisma there will be red on yellow hash marked entries in your Bound Spirits list.
blakkie
Oh, in case someone missed it over in the thread on the Community Projects board, i updated the file yesterday afternoon. The date above the Legend is now "2005/Oct/02 Afternoon" on the newest version. This fixes a problem with Orcs that apparently has been there all along where the racial attribute penalty is on Int where it is suppose to be on Log.
calypso
QUOTE (ChuckRozool)
Hey Calypso...

Okay, the sheet with proper tab ordering is up:

http://www.savefile.com/files2.php?fid=1314108

Calypso
Shadow_Prophet
QUOTE (blakkie)
Oh, in case someone missed it over in the thread on the Community Projects board, i updated the file yesterday afternoon. The date above the Legend is now "2005/Oct/02 Afternoon" on the newest version. This fixes a problem with Orcs that apparently has been there all along where the racial attribute penalty is on Int where it is suppose to be on Log.

Good work btw blakkie, used it last night to help quickly draw up a new character for a friend....who promptly got himself arested (the twit). Though...at this point he's in a better position than the rest of the team sadly enough...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012