Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Killing a Dragon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Oracle
I am much more interested in what the acidic rain would do to their very very vulnerable little wings.... *g*
Fuchs
Windlings died out. From what I recall, their males outnumbered their females 10 to 1, they lived in monogamous couples, and had on average one child - means they simply died out in a few generations.

Good riddance I say, should SR ever add T'skrang or windlings I'll be sure to houserule those out.
ShadowDragon8685
I can say with safety that whatever it does do, it won't be healthy.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Fuchs)
Windlings died out. From what I recall, their males outnumbered their females 10 to 1, they lived in monogamous couples, and had on average one child - means they simply died out in a few generations.

Good riddance I say, should SR ever add T'skrang or windlings I'll be sure to houserule those out.

Would that be natural or eldrich selection?

That's pretty F-ed up. Way to go, magi-biology.
Oracle
But what about those Windlings mentioned in different SR sourcebooks? I think paranormal animals of europe got them...
Fuchs
QUOTE (Oracle)
But what about those Windlings mentioned in different SR sourcebooks? I think paranormal animals of europe got them...

Some sort of fey critter or spirit of man.
Critias
Now Wingless, they were cool. Horror marked Windlings, without wings, but with a plus hojillion Strength. No one expects the non-flying little fairy dude to outmuscle the Troll.
hyzmarca
If one legend is correct windlings could have passed on their genes to the human population by magically metamorphizing themselves into full sized humans using some major fourth-world mojo.

I can't remember where I read it and it may not be canon but I distinctly remember a story about a windling having a powerful magician transform him into a human after falling in love with a full-sized person. When he returned to her side after the ritual's success she mistook him for one of her enemies and stabbed him to death before see noticed what had happened.
Dawnshadow
Minor thread ressurection.

What works:
5kg CXII inside the mouth when it goes off.

What doesn't work:

20D AV shots from experimental guns. (Net combat pool of Alamais: none)
13S/11S APDS called shots to the eye. (Total of 3 moderate wounds, 1 light wound inflicted. 1 moderate wound healed.)
Manabolt. Even by Harlequin. (One immortal elf falling from a levitate 4m off the side of the tallest building in the Pyallup Barrens.)
Drakes using close combat, elemental strike, with strength 11+. (two wings, two hind legs, and 90% of ribcage crushed)
Trying to carve a hole in the belly to put a bomb in. (Much regeneration by bear shapeshifter)
Drakes using fire breath at the eye from six inches. (Wound effect: blind in one eye)
Antivehicular Rockets, on called shots and otherwise. (Much karma pool burned)
Antivehicular Missiles, on called shots and otherwise. (Karma pool burned)
Force 12 city spirits using confusion with most of the above. (Much karma pool burned, one battle for control of a force 12 city spirit. With even more karma spent. Even dragons have trouble against target 26+)
Melee with weapons that leave soak at target 2. (Total of 2 light wounds inflicted. And many moments of panic.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012