Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid lines NOT to say in Shadowrun?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mr.Platinum
" I've never been hit by lethal round"

Then my PC was peppered by Gel rounds and knocked out by the gel rounds.
dog_xinu
some player said this in one of the games I am currently playing...

"if you can not be stealthy, be crazy..."

dx
SpasticTeapot
"Well, it's the weakest of these "Great Dragon" things. We've killed dozens of 'em D&D; how hard could it be to take it on"
Feshy
"Wait here until I get back"

Nothing ever works out after those words are uttered.
Dawnshadow
"Get down here you foul smelling, overgrown wyrven-copulating lizard!"

Actually said. Cannot be ruled suicide -- the character survived. Could be ruled "attempted suicide". Did succeed in ticking off the dragon... even got him to pay attention to the swordsman mostly. Just didn't drive him beyond remembering that he can cast spells.
ShadowDragon8685
"Your mother was a komodo and your father smelt of elderberries!"

That might've worked. ^_^
Dawnshadow
Lofwyr was laughing? (He's been hiding in my character's head) All of these were directed at Alamais. That was the set that Alamais didn't tune out.

I mean.. you can't use the parentage and such... you'd have to spend half your time appeasing the dragon inside your head...

Really.. it almost worked. It's just that he had 2 sets of flame and one powerbolt directed at him, as well as the melee.
BetaFlame
"Lemme roll my Demolition skill <dice clatter> ....shit...."
Grinder
A classic smile.gif
Mordrid Soud
"Who farted?!" as a ghoul snuck up behind him.

"That's odd... what are all of those little red dotts doing on the back of your head?" my npc asked the pc at night in an alleyway before ambushed by Fuchi.

"Haha you idiots!!! I still have another!! ... Pc yelled as his left arm was taken of by a panther cannon.

"Here kitty, kitty... What the hells your problem Cork Screw?!!", turns to face him, "Its just a stupid cat!" Said right before getting mualed by the taliscat.

BetaFlame
"What happens if I fart on your Fire Elemental?"
CountZero
QUOTE (Mordrid Soud)
"Here kitty, kitty... <snipped>

As anyone who has seeen Alien knows, once you've said this, you're screwed.
Weredigo
The one I always wait for from new players...

"I Wish..."

Tis how deals with the devil begin...
Mortax
"What do I roll to see what I roll"
fistandantilus4.0
" no problem, my vindicator has EX ammo"

later

"wadda you mean the fire elemental is engulfing me!?"
Mordrid Soud
Had an NPC who just happened to be standing next to a PC roll a critical glitch while trying to throw a grenade. The Lone Star officer stopped firing at the group and yelled, "It's not pull the grenade and throw the pin retard!". Gues that is more lines you don't want to hear rather than not say.
Cynic project
What could go wrong?

I have this countless times before.

Come with me if you want live.

I am not in it for the money I am in for th thrills
emo samurai
Nice Lone Star cop.
Mr.Platinum
oh a Classic.

The Scene a sports bar, the player in question retarded and the quote.

"The Seattle screamers blow donkey goat"

**insert beatings now**
Mordrid Soud
"If Mr. Johnson said it, then it must be true!!" a pc on his first run. Actually it was his first time playing SR.

" What do you get when you cross a whore with a devil rat? Yo momma, hahahaha!!" had a pc say this to the mob Don he ran into while on a run.

"If he dies can I eat him?" a ghoul pc asked this question about fallen comrade while on a run. As the team did not know he was a ghoul, the question did not go over to good with the rest of the team.

warrior_allanon
this actually happened in game:
Me: I hit the elemental with a spirit blast Maximum force deadly

GM: the fire elemental shrugs off the spirit blast, materializes, and engulfs you.

Me: Drek

Rigger: How many white phosforus grenades have you picked up?

me: Oh Drek!

Sam: How many bodies are surrounding you with grenades on their harnesses?

me: Frag

GM: do you want me to roll object resistance?

Me: why bother, i'm gonna blow anyway, might as well take something with me. I pull the pins on all my grenades.

GM: the rest of you notice DW wave farewell then mumble something about Goreman being an a$$h0le before he blows up. The spreading fire makes the 30 bodies around him also erupt white phosforus going everywhere. Hooper-Nelson?

Me: Nah, i just wanted to go out with a bang.
nick012000
This is when you invoke the Hand of God rule.
tisoz
QUOTE (warrior_allanon)
Hooper-Nelson?
nezumi
Did the resulting explosion at least take out the elemental? That's an awfully high power rating, even for immunity.
BishopMcQ
Tisoz--
Hooper Nelson Optional Rule:
SR3, p.248 Effectively you permanently burn karma to lower your TN. The TN should start above 12 and cannot be lowered below 8.
MikeTrevin
It's my character, a mage, Tom Ace. I'm *cough* 'filling in' for a guard at the facility my team needs to hit. Liberal use of the Mask spell and the previous guard's uniform. So, there's my character, standing guard on one side of a door, and then an actual guard on the other side of the door. We're making idle conversation. It's important to note that the GM let me make a spell 'create cookie'.

Guard: "... wow, I'm hungry."

Me, the supposedly mundane guard, summons up a cookie right in my hand.

Me: "Oh, hey, want a cookie?"

Me: "Uh, why are you looking at me funny? It's just a cookie."

Minus ten points for not thinking.
SpasticTeapot
QUOTE (MikeTrevin @ Jan 1 2006, 09:42 PM)
It's my character, a mage, Tom Ace. I'm *cough* 'filling in' for a guard at the facility my team needs to hit. Liberal use of the Mask spell and the previous guard's uniform. So, there's my character, standing guard on one side of a door, and then an actual guard on the other side of the door. We're making idle conversation. It's important to note that the GM let me make a spell 'create cookie'.

Guard: "... wow, I'm hungry."

Me, the supposedly mundane guard, summons up a cookie right in my hand.

Me: "Oh, hey, want a cookie?"

Me: "Uh, why are you looking at me funny? It's just a cookie."

Minus ten points for not thinking.

"Create Cookie"?
That spell just broke some half-dozen laws of SR magic, as far as I know. The energy required to create a 60 gram cookie is greater than the explosive power of at least a few hundred pounds of dynamite.

A dumb line:
"Harlequin? That guy's gonna geek himself summoning some wussy elemental. Let's kill him and take his stuff".

I've heard something not unlike this said before. Needless to say, it was by someone who played D&D.

QUOTE (weredigo)

"I Wish..." 

Heh. I spent my first SR game trying to find out how I could get my PC some sushi, and why it was so darn expensive. (I was trying to roleplay, alright? At least I was'nt the street samurai.)

Of course, if I recall, someone made a comment about Sr. Oscuro showing up with a plate of sashimi. Only now do I understand what he meant.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (SpasticTeapot)
"Create Cookie"?
That spell just broke some half-dozen laws of SR magic, as far as I know. The energy required to create a 60 gram cookie is greater than the explosive power of at least a few hundred pounds of dynamite.

How do you figure? It's just a very specific application of the Create Food spell from p.147 of Magic in the Shadows.
TheNarrator
QUOTE (RunnerPaul)
QUOTE (SpasticTeapot @ Jan 2 2006, 01:56 AM)
"Create Cookie"?

How do you figure? It's just a very specific application of the Create Food spell from p.147 of Magic in the Shadows.

I actually mentioned the whole E=mc^2 thing in a previous thread about the capabilities of SR magic, and it was pointed out to me that in SR mages can bring matter and energy from other planes. So he could have summoned the cookie (or the energy equal to the cookie's mass times the square of the speed of light, which is more like a nuke than dynamite) from a metaplane.

The Cookie Metaplane. It's sort of like The World of Nothing But Shrimp, but less squishy. biggrin.gif
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (Weredigo)

"I Wish..."

now your just cruel, but i like you line of thinking.
Sandoval Smith
QUOTE (TheNarrator)
QUOTE (RunnerPaul @ Jan 2 2006, 02:33 AM)
QUOTE (SpasticTeapot @ Jan 2 2006, 01:56 AM)
"Create Cookie"?

I actually mentioned the whole E=mc^2 thing in a previous thread about the capabilities of SR magic, and it was pointed out to me that in SR mages can bring matter and energy from other planes. So he could have summoned the cookie (or the energy equal to the cookie's mass times the square of the speed of light, which is more like a nuke than dynamite) from a metaplane.

The Cookie Metaplane. It's sort of like The World of Nothing But Shrimp, but less squishy. biggrin.gif

What does E=mc^2 have to do with making cookies?
Trax
Nuclear Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (Trax @ Jan 2 2006, 07:01 PM)
Nuclear Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Hey I think this can be done with an Anchoring Focus, Detect individual + powerball = one nuclear cookie.
Trax
If you make it with detect teeth, it will go off as soon as the person tried to eat it. biggrin.gif
TheNarrator
QUOTE (Sandoval Smith)
What does E=mc^2 have to do with making cookies?

Energy is equal to mass times the speed of light squared. That's the conversion rate for mass to energy. Which means that if you convert mass into energy (with antimatter or a nuke or by chemical reactions or whatever) you get that much energy for each quantity of matter that ceases to be. and it also means that if you wanted to create mass out of energy (any mass, even a cookie) that's how much energy you'll need.
Bullet Raven
QUOTE (Trax)
If you make it with detect teeth, it will go off as soon as the person tried to eat it. biggrin.gif

unless it's an old dude
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (TheNarrator)
I actually mentioned the whole E=mc^2 thing in a previous thread about the capabilities of SR magic, and it was pointed out to me that in SR mages can bring matter and energy from other planes.

So, in short, a Create Cookie spell does not "break some half-dozen laws of SR magic", which was the point I was trying to make.

Heck, even going back as far as first edition Grimoire, its been possible to use magic to create cookies, you just had to find a free spirit with the wealth power willing to make "really expesnive cookies".
PiXeL01
After sneaking up to a troll - "Excuse me mister troll, but is that gel rounds in your Panther Assault Cannon?"
BookWyrm
"Yes, Officer, what seems to be the problem?"

{PC walks up to a loud-mouthed braggard Troll in a bar & taps him on the arm}: "Excuse me, you're in my favorite spot."

"What? He was in the way." "No, you ask someone to step aside....you don't shoot them. Especially with an anti-tank round." "Why not?"

"Whad'yamean, *I* brought the ammo? *YOU* brought the ammo!"

{during a firefight between corp-sec's & the PCs, the nieve Elven Mage says this}: "Uh, excuse me?" (more shooting) "Excuse me?" {more shooting} "EXCUSE ME!" {shooting stops} "Could you nice gentlemen with the security forces mind not firing while we escape? We need to be somewhere else right now."
ShadowDragon8685
At least his manners are impeccable.
PiXeL01
"Dont shoot at the guy who is reloading! It is against the rules!!!"
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (PiXeL01)
"Dont shoot at the guy who is reloading! It is against the rules!!!"

What the crap? what is this world going to if you don't follow the rules.
Jrayjoker
Everyone knows all runners are consummate professionals with the gunslinger flaw, right?

A personal favorite of mine, "I have a chem skill of 1, I am going to try and make phosgene gas and pump it through the air ducts." (actually happened in game, and it worked well enough to disrupt a nasty ritual, stupid Hand of God)
Fix-it
In my recent game as GM:

"What would we need contacts for???"

/ frown.gif
Foreigner
QUOTE (Bullet Raven @ Jan 2 2006, 04:51 PM)
unless it's an old dude

Bullet Raven:

Ever hear of dentures? nyahnyah.gif

This presumes, of course, that dental implants (where the false teeth are actually implanted and cemented into the jawbones) haven't completely replaced dentures by the 2050s/2060s/2070s (depending upon which version of SR you're playing).

Hmm. I wonder if they could vat-grow teeth?

Pixel01: I read of a similar situation in a book about World War II.

During an Allied bombing raid, a B-17 (I *think*) came under fire from enemy antiaircraft guns.

One of the crewmen was heard to remark...

"HEY! They're SHOOTIN' at us!"

...as if it was against some sort of rule. wobble.gif

--Foreigner
Magus
The worlds worst line to hear...........................
Hey Watch This............
Mass Mayhem ensues.

From Jeff Foxworthy You might be a redneck.
Bullet Raven
QUOTE (Foreigner)
QUOTE (Bullet Raven @ Jan 2 2006, 04:51 PM)
unless it's an old dude

Bullet Raven:

Ever hear of dentures? nyahnyah.gif

This presumes, of course, that dental implants (where the false teeth are actually implanted and cemented into the jawbones) haven't completely replaced dentures by the 2050s/2060s/2070s (depending upon which version of SR you're playing).

Hmm. I wonder if they could vat-grow teeth?

--Foreigner

it costs 5 essence for false teeth, many an elderly gentlemen who'd been miraculously saved from an accident involving loss of limbs by SotA tech has been taken by surprise here.

biggrin.gif
DireRadiant
Let's take the elevator!
stevebugge
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
Let's take the elevator!

This has gotten players in my games in to more trouble than you can imagine, well maybe not than people here can imagine but you get the idea. Elevator make great physical security chokepoints. If a building is designed so that the stairways can be accessed only from inside the stairwell on the ground floor, then people trying to reach other floors have to take the elevators. If the elevators are equipped with MAD's and Cyberware Detectors and monitored by a security rigger who can seal and stop them, then flood them with Neuro-Stun Gas. Further if it is a large enough building to use an express elevator system (travels only to certain floors then shorter elevator systems cover the floors in between)) secondary checkpoints can be built in.
nick012000
QUOTE (stevebugge)
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Jan 3 2006, 02:55 PM)
Let's take the elevator!

This has gotten players in my games in to more trouble than you can imagine, well maybe not than people here can imagine but you get the idea. Elevator make great physical security chokepoints. If a building is designed so that the stairways can be accessed only from inside the stairwell on the ground floor, then people trying to reach other floors have to take the elevators. If the elevators are equipped with MAD's and Cyberware Detectors and monitored by a security rigger who can seal and stop them, then flood them with Neuro-Stun Gas. Further if it is a large enough building to use an express elevator system (travels only to certain floors then shorter elevator systems cover the floors in between)) secondary checkpoints can be built in.

Which is why you get your decker/hacker to crack into the elevator and do some tinkering beforehand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012