Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jackpoint
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
craigpierce
well, i have a bug to report on myself biggrin.gif

i fixed race when you buy it, but not when you change it. so, once you pick a race you'd better stick with it smile.gif

this chicago-like bug hunting has left things a mess. and with the number of bugs being 'spending' heavy (points/nuyen spending being probably the most important thing when automating char. gen.), i'm going to spend the upcoming weeks going through every line of code cleaning things up. i don't know what the count of lines is by now, but it's a lot - i'll see what i can do to reduce that number and streamline things.

so keep reporting anything that's not working right - and make any suggestions you feel would help improve the quality of the program; just know that those things may not get knocked of the list very quickly until i've cleaned up what i've already got.

my hope is that i'll have the time to do this clean-up and that, until the next release, you guys have something at least 1/2 usable to tide you over.

oh, and eidolon - i do have an 'item updater' in my list of things to do...i agree that if anything is wrong with a skill, weapon, spell, piece of gear, etc. that you should be able to fix it.

craig rotate.gif
eidolon
Right on. Again, major thanks for all the work you're doing.

Real quick addition to the Print problem bug. It seems that when that come up, you're guaranteed to not be able to load the character into the GM Console. What's happening is it's doing that whole "cut off the character sheet coding" thing and tossing out "unexpected end of line" errors. I think I already gave you a full on report on this back in B1, but let me know if you need more info and I'll try to reproduce it.
craigpierce
ya, i thought i had a solution to that null value at save time problem, but it's proving tougher than i thought. i know what it's doing - i just don't know why it's doing it. it's one of those things i'm hoping to track down in the next couple of weeks.

let me know if that perception test dialog is still droping controls off to one side in Beta2 Redux; and, if so, what your screen resolution is.

thx
eidolon
Perception box is back to normal now.
Homme-qui-rigole
The "Add Spirit" option didn't work very well. When I add spirit, the program ask for type, name, force and service then the application crash

Homme-qui-rigole
The "Add Spirit" option didn't work very well. When I add spirit, the program ask for type, name, force and service then the application crash.

[ Spoiler ]
eidolon
Further details on the problem Homme described:

I get the same thing. The actual error text is as follows:
Token EndElement in state EndRootElement would result in an invalid XML document.  Make sure that the ConformanceLevel setting is set to ConformanceLevel.Fragment or ConformanceLevel.Auto if you want to write an XML fragment. 
[ Spoiler ]

That was when I added a new spirit. I don't have any characters with spirits to try, so I don't know how that will act.

Specifically, I tried to add a new Force 4 City Spirit owing 3 services (named Dilbert wink.gif). When I hit okay, I got the error. The program didn't crash, it just didn't add the spirit to play.

Attempting to click "Add Spirit" again resulted in the following:
The process cannot access the file C:\Program Files\Jackpoint\Jackpoint Files\Characters\Characters.jpf because it is being used by another process.
[ Spoiler ]

Other things failed to work after the initial error as well, such as "Refresh All" and the like.
FrictionX42
Another beef with with the races...
I'm making a troll character, and as I do his stats, I can only put 3 points into his cha or int. While this is correct in setting the maximum at 4, like it's supposed to be, it doesn't charge you the -2 in into and cha that it should for being a troll, resulting in, effectively, 8 bonus points if you raise both int and cha to maximum.
... and the twinks rejoice.
FrictionX42
Oh, and Eidolon, quit testing and work on our game for tomorrow, dangit!
:crackwhip:
eidolon
QUOTE (FrictionX42 @ Feb 25 2006, 01:40 AM)
Another beef with with the races...   
I'm making a troll character, and as I do his stats, I can only put 3 points into his cha or int.  While this is correct in setting the maximum at 4, like it's supposed to be, it doesn't charge you the -2 in into and cha that it should for being a troll, resulting in, effectively, 8 bonus points if you raise both int and cha to maximum.
... and the twinks rejoice.

Can you clarify what you meant in the part where you said "charge you the -2 in into and cha"?

From my quick glance over it, it starts you out at the proper BPs, and charges you the correct 6 points each to bring INT and CHA up to fours.

The program effectively starts out charging you 12 points. This reflects the fact that a one in all six attributes adds up to 12 BPs. So you're at 108. Then, you change to a troll. This charges you 10 BPs, taking you to 108. The Troll's atts have minimums that are higher than a humans, yes, but those minimum atts still cost 2 BPs each effectively. The game mechanics make up for this by charging you 10 points just to be a Troll.

Then, you spend 12 points bringing your INT and CHA up to fours, leaving your BP total at 86.

In other words, you lost me at in into and cha. wink.gif

And I'm working on the game, dammit. I got up at 7 this morning to prep.
eidolon
Quick bug:

When you choose either Handblade from cyberware, it gives the error:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[ Spoiler ]

It gives you the Handblade on the gear sheet, but doesn't place it on the weapons page the way most weapon cyber does. This is the only piece of weapon cyber I've tried, so I don't know if the others do it too or not.

eidolon
Also, when I tried to give a character a mild allergy to pollen, it says that he's got a mild Phobia of pollen. smile.gif

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHH!!! FLOOOOOOWWWWEEEEEEEERRRRSSS!!! RRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
craigpierce
QUOTE (eidolon @ Feb 25 2006, 12:19 PM)
The program effectively starts out charging you 12 points.  This reflects the fact that a one in all six attributes adds up to 12 BPs.  So you're at 108.  Then, you change to a troll.  This charges you 10 BPs, taking you to 108.  The Troll's atts have minimums that are higher than a humans, yes, but those minimum atts still cost 2 BPs each effectively.  The game mechanics make up for this by charging you 10 points just to be a Troll.

i think you've got that wrong...

you said that...

QUOTE (eidolon)
The Troll's atts have minimums that are higher than a humans, yes, but those minimum atts still cost 2 BPs each effectively.

...but i thought that your race raised attributes for free (hence the cost for race)...that's why i wrote Jackpoint to work like this when switching to the race of Troll (for example):

CODE
'Elf-TrollAttributePointsVariable' is set to 10 to begin with.  It can be changed to another amount via the settings window.

'AttributeCostVariable' is set to 2 to begin with.  It can be changed to another amount via the settings window.

points = 120 - (6 * 'AttributeCostVariable') = 108

points = (108 - 'Elf-TrollAttributePointsVariable') = 98

body = 1 + 5free = 6

points = 98

strength = 1 + 4free = 5

points = 98

quickness = 1 - 1takenAway + 1bought = 1

points = (98 - 'AttributeCostVariable') = 96

intelligence = 1 - 2takenAway + 2bought = 1

points = (96 - (2 * 'AttributeCostVariable')) = 92

willpower = 1

points = 92

charisma = 1 - 2takenAway + 2bought = 1

points = (92 - (2 * 'AttributeCostVariable')) = 88

so you can see that Jackpoint has to account for quickness, intelligence and charisma being below the minimum requirement of 1 by spending another:

((1+2+2) * 'AttributeCostVariable')

in points.

that's why for a Troll it actually removes 20 points if your settings for Elf/Troll Cost and Attributes Cost are set to the standard 10 and 2, respectively.

you can also work the math starting with all attributes at 0 and get the same cost:

CODE
'Elf-TrollAttributePointsVariable' is set to 10 to begin with.  It can be changed to another amount via the settings window.

'AttributeCostVariable' is set to 2 to begin with.  It can be changed to another amount via the settings window.

points = 120

points = (120 - 'Elf-TrollAttributePointsVariable') = 110

body = 0 + 1bought + 5free = 6

points = (110 - 'AttributeCostVariable') = 108

strength = 0 + 1bought + 4free = 5

points = (108 - 'AttributeCostVariable') = 106

quickness = 0 - 1takenAway + 2bought = 1

points = (106 - (2 * 'AttributeCostVariable')) = 102

intelligence = 0 - 2takenAway + 3bought = 1

points = (102 - (3 * 'AttributeCostVariable')) = 96

willpower = 0 + 1bought = 1

points = (96 - 'AttributeCostVariable') = 94

charisma = 0 - 2takenAway + 3bought = 1

points = (94 - (3 * 'AttributeCostVariable')) = 88

i hope that explanation makes sense!
eidolon
What you have there makes sense, but you're looking at the attributes wrong. You still have to purchase them, even though you "bought" being a Troll.

The way it works on paper, is that to get a 4 in INT for a troll, you would have to spend 12 BPs.
CODE

BP     0   2  4  6  8  10  12
ATT   -2  -1  0  1  2  3    4

That's due to the -2 they get to the attribute. The -2 doesn't just apply to racial maximum. When you're making a character on paper, remember, the Attributes effectively start at 0, not 1, so to get that 4 you spend 12 points (6 BPs) because you have to spend points to counteract the -2.
You can see what I'm saying in the examples given in Shadowrun Companion 3rd edition. Look at the description of the points spending for the Ork character. Basically, JP is giving Trolls free build points through the way it calculates Q, I, and C.

I could be seeing it wrong, but I think that's the case.
Calahart
[EDIT] I just realized what I did. I went for the "Bonus Point" edge when I really wanted the "Exceptional Attribute" edge. Error still occurs, but it didn't give me the 7 because I had already "maxed out" at 6. The Exceptional Attribute works as it should, but I'm leaving the post here in case the Bonus Point stuff is helpful. [/EDIT]

Greetings! I finally decided to take the plunge and join Dupshock, and all because of Jackpoint. Go you!

Anyhow, I found my first bug. I started making up the character I'm using right now in game and, in my typical non-linear fashion, went straight to the build page and started fiddling with attributes.

I'm an elf with a 7 Quickness and a 7 Intel. I clicked the up-arrow to get to 6 and realized that I needed the Bonus Attribute Point edge to make it to 7. I clicked back to the Edges/Flaws tab, added the Edge, and JP geeked out on me. After the error, clicking "Continue" allowed me to return to JP, but my Max Int is still 6.

Error message text follows:
[ Spoiler ]

I hope this helps. And keep it up! This program will be a fantastic alternative to the 18 credit hour minor in Shadowrun Mechanics that I keep hoping they'll offer at my local University.

- Calahart
Calahart
NOTE: Ok, you've got a lot of posts in this thread! I scanned through them all to see if this error had been reported already, but if I missed it and it has been posted already, then please disregard. Xie xie!

I was merrily adding active skills and went to add a Stealth of 4 when I didn't realize that I only had 1 Build Point left. It told me that I didn't have enough BPs for that, but added the skill to the list anyway.

When I went to remove the unauthorized skill from the list it credited me with 4 build points giving me a total of 5 available. WHHHEEEEEEEEEE! Free Build Points!!

Of course, in a fit of Munchkiny Joy, I used this "Undocumented Feature" to make the God Of All Shamanists, then deleted him, and came here to post my discovery.

Thanks for all your hard work!!

- C
eidolon
Ignore, sleepy and might be looking at something wrong. I'll check it again later.
craigpierce
QUOTE (eidolon @ Feb 26 2006, 06:53 PM)
Basically, JP is giving Trolls free build points through the way it calculates Q, I, and C.

nope it's not - i promise smile.gif

what JP does is it forces you to pay the amount you see highlighted in orange below when you switch to Troll. that gets the player up to his minimum requirment of 1 in each attribute. what's in purple is the player's choice to spend or not spend:

Troll Intelligence Spending Chart:

but you are right in that, if a player is a troll and maxes out their Intelligence, they will end up spending 12 total points on Intelligence.

and a troll's 2 other attributes that get deductions would look like this, on your scale with the same color coding as above:

Troll Charisma Spending Chart:

Troll Quickness Spending Chart:
ATT   -1   0  1   2  3  4    5
craigpierce
QUOTE (Calahart)
[EDIT] I just realized what I did. I went for the "Bonus Point" edge when I really wanted the "Exceptional Attribute" edge. Error still occurs, but it didn't give me the 7 because I had already "maxed out" at 6. The Exceptional Attribute works as it should, but I'm leaving the post here in case the Bonus Point stuff is helpful. [/EDIT]

Greetings! I finally decided to take the plunge and join Dupshock, and all because of Jackpoint. Go you!

Anyhow, I found my first bug. I started making up the character I'm using right now in game and, in my typical non-linear fashion, went straight to the build page and started fiddling with attributes.

I'm an elf with a 7 Quickness and a 7 Intel. I clicked the up-arrow to get to 6 and realized that I needed the Bonus Attribute Point edge to make it to 7. I clicked back to the Edges/Flaws tab, added the Edge, and JP geeked out on me. After the error, clicking "Continue" allowed me to return to JP, but my Max Int is still 6.

I hope this helps. And keep it up! This program will be a fantastic alternative to the 18 credit hour minor in Shadowrun Mechanics that I keep hoping they'll offer at my local University.

- Calahart

QUOTE (Calahart)
I was merrily adding active skills and went to add a Stealth of 4 when I didn't realize that I only had 1 Build Point left. It told me that I didn't have enough BPs for that, but added the skill to the list anyway.

When I went to remove the unauthorized skill from the list it credited me with 4 build points giving me a total of 5 available. WHHHEEEEEEEEEE! Free Build Points!!

Of course, in a fit of Munchkiny Joy, I used this "Undocumented Feature" to make the God Of All Shamanists, then deleted him, and came here to post my discovery.

Thanks for all your hard work!!

i'm glad to see that JP is still generating buzz!

as for your 2 bugs:

1. i want to be clear on this one: you were at a 6 in Intelligence and bought the 'Bonus Intelligence Point', and it told you that you couldn't do that? had you already used a Bonus Attribute Point to raise an attribute above it's normal limit? if you hadn't already raised an attribute over it's limit with this edge, then it should've let you do it, since the rules allow it on one attribute per character.

2. i knew that spending final points was broken, but i had not documented this specific break (having it still add a skill after it told you that you can't have it).

thanks for the help and i'm glad you like JP - i'll do what i can to make it great!
eidolon
QUOTE (archimagus)
what JP does is it forces you to pay the amount you see highlighted in orange below when you switch to Troll. that gets the player up to his minimum requirment of 1 in each attribute. what's in purple is the player's choice to spend or not spend:

Right, but what it's not doing in that case, is charging the 10 points for becoming a Troll.

Jackpoint charges 22 BP to make a troll with base attributes. On paper, it costs me 32 BP to make the same troll. Here's how I have it:
CODE

Purchase        Cost            BP Remaining
Troll             10             110
B: 6               2             108
Q: 1               4             104
S: 5               2             102
C: 1               6              96
I: 1               6              90
W: 1               2              88  
      Total Cost: 32

Even paying the BP cost to become a troll, you still have to buy attributes, and the points you spend are in addition to the original 10. Check out the description of the Ork ghoul adept being made on pages 14 and 15 of Shadowrun Companion. It shows this additional expenditure in action.

It's a bit expensive, points wise, to be a troll. But that's how it works. frown.gif
craigpierce
ok, maybe i caused the confusion when i listed the cost being the same when all attributes start at 0. what i meant to say was that you get down to only having 88 points no matter how you work it, but JP works it like this:

JP spends 12 of your points right off the bat to get all of your attributes to the minimum 1 point. then, when you switch your race to Troll, it spends another 20 points: 10 to make up for 5 lost attributes and 10 for being a troll.

that's 32 total points. you just don't realize that all 32 are being spent because it's so automated.

if you open JP and go straight to 'Build!' and change the race to Troll, you'll see that you end up with only 88 points.

Purchase        Cost        BP Remaining
Troll             10              110
B: 6               2              108
Q: 1               4              104
S: 5               2              102
C: 1               6              96
I: 1               6               90
W: 1               2              
Total Cost: 32
craigpierce
OK! now i see what's going on...

i just loaded Jackpoint Beta2 Redux and i see that when you open the creator and go straight to 'Build!' and change race to Troll, you end up with 98 points, not 88.

in my latest build of the software, it's working right - and JP started it's life working right, but in the Redux build it got broken some how - i assume through a bad bug fix that has since been smoothed out.

that's exactly why i'm taking this time to clean up and centralize as much of this code as i can...the bug fixes were beginning to cause as many bugs as they fixed because the code was too jumbled - when fixing a bug i was changing code without realizing that i was changing the way 2 or more things worked, not just the 1 thing that i was trying to fix.

sorry for being so stubborn - but the way i saw it it was working right silly.gif
Calahart
1. i want to be clear on this one: you were at a 6 in Intelligence and bought the 'Bonus Intelligence Point', and it told you that you couldn't do that? had you already used a Bonus Attribute Point to raise an attribute above it's normal limit? if you hadn't already raised an attribute over it's limit with this edge, then it should've let you do it, since the rules allow it on one attribute per character.

Actually, it didn't tell me that I couldn't do that, I got an error. See the "Spoiler" text in my first post. A friendly "Hey, buddy! You can't do that." MsgBox would've been nicer. I had clicked up to 6 (racial max 6) and then flipped back to the other screen to add "Bonus Intelligence Point" when I got the error. When I regenterated the character later, "Exceptional Intelligence" worked.

Hope that clears things up.

- C
eidolon
QUOTE (archimagus @ Feb 28 2006, 09:18 AM)
Snip!

LOL. I had begun to wonder if something like that was going on. biggrin.gif

Yeah, when I clicked troll, I had 98 points left. Man. That was fun! silly.gif

Calahart's Bonus Att Point and Exeptional Att was what I was looking over when I posted my "Ignore this". I had posted about it, but I was really tired and not sure of my reasoning. I intend to mess with it some more and see if I can re-create whatever it was I was seeing as a "bug".

Bug:

When I add edges and flaws, they add at a cost of "0". If I remove the edge/flaw and replace it, it charges the proper amount.

Bug2:

Still having this problem: If I turn off all of the limits and proceed to build a character, if I remove an edge/flaw, it turns "Spending" back on.

Have I mentioned?:

Even with availability turned off, I still can't purchase certain items. (APDS rounds and Credsticks above rating 8 are two specifics that I can remember ATM.)
craigpierce
i've fixed the 'bonus attribute point' problem for the upcoming release. it will again allow you to raise 1 attribute above it's limit.

i'll be on the lookout for the others you've mentioned.
craigpierce
wow - my head was swimming yesterday. i had work to deal with plus i was tracking down the 'DBNull to String' error...

i believe i have fixed it now - i had only made one mistake...about 1500 times!

also, i realized this morning (now that my head is back in order) that the problem with the availibility check box was the same as with the limits check box when it wasn't allowing the 'bonus attribute point' to work properly. it was also a problem with the street index box and the spending box - you guys just hadn't bumped into those yet. it came about when i moved them from the 'Build!' screen to the 'edges/flaws' screen.

anyway, i'll keep watching for new bug reports while i go through my code-cleanup project, so keep sending them my way!
craigpierce
eek.gif JP now sits at 35,159 lines

that is:

the software itself
the databases (stuff, spirits, ect)
the XSL character sheet

and i've already deleted at least 1000 lines since the weekend.
craigpierce
hey eidolon -

the problem that you have where edges get purchased at a cost of 0; does that happen all the time, or just some times?

i ask because i can't reproduce the problem.
eidolon
Only occasionally, but I know that Friction has had it happen too. No idea as to triggers right now. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Sorta bug:
The data locks are listed in the cyber section at their ratings, but when you buy one it makes you choose the rating separately.

Bug:

I tried to give a character "Filtration System, Ingested Toxin" and got the following:
Conversion from string "*" to type "Double" is not valid.
[ Spoiler ]

The gear was not added.
Calahart
In the "I know you've got a bunch of bugs to fix and probably don't want a feature request right now" category, Will there eventually be a way to improve existing characters with Karma? 'Cause that'd rock!

Keep up the great work, man!
craigpierce
QUOTE (Calahart @ Mar 3 2006, 04:50 PM)
In the "I know you've got a bunch of bugs to fix and probably don't want a feature request right now" category, Will there eventually be a way to improve existing characters with Karma? 'Cause that'd rock!

Keep up the great work, man!

absolutely, and i'm working on that for (hopefully) the next release. it'll be called the 'character updater'.

since i'm on here, i'll post an update:

i've cleaned up a lot of code, and fixed almost all the bugs (see the first post), and now i'm just working on tieing up loose code and creating the character updater.

my goal is to have the program complete by the next release, so that full-on testing can be done. then i'll be able to release this beast on the general public.

but for now, you guys just keep reporting what you find!
eidolon
Willco
eidolon
Occasionally, when I choose "Hermetic Mage" from the magical drop down box, it gives me 6 points as if I were an adept. It doesn't always do it, and usually I can correct it by just choosing "non-magical" and then re-selecting mage.

Also, I just tried to use the "initiate" button for the first time. It doesn't work correctly. (In fact, since there's no way to spend Karma at creation, you shouldn't be able to initiate at all.)

Initiation requires the expenditure of Karma, the total of which is based on the grade you're going for, whether you're alone or with a group, and other stuff, as mentioned in the dialog box. You don't spend spell points to initiate. This stuff is on page 57 of MiTS.

I assume the Initiate button was meant to tie into the updater?
craigpierce
QUOTE (eidolon @ Mar 5 2006, 10:51 PM)
Also, I just tried to use the "initiate" button for the first time.  It doesn't work correctly.  (In fact, since there's no way to spend Karma at creation, you shouldn't be able to initiate at all.)

Initiation requires the expenditure of Karma, the total of which is based on the grade you're going for, whether you're alone or with a group, and other stuff, as mentioned in the dialog box.  You don't spend spell points to initiate.  This stuff is on page 57 of MiTS.

yes, but SC.15 (i believe) is where it talks about spending spell points for initiation. i'll look it up when i get home.
Calahart
QUOTE (archimagus)
yes, but SC.15 (i believe) is where it talks about spending spell points for initiation.  i'll look it up when i get home.

Oh God, he's right. Eidelon, don't let Pao see this, or it'll be horrible!! LOL

I'm guessing then, that since it says "the GM may allow" you've got to code for it, but it doesn't give numbers in SC, so the cost should depend on groups and ordeals as described in MitS, spending Spell Points in the same amount as the Karma cost. So if this rule is allowed in a game, you could have a player buy the max additional spell points, be part of a group, go through ordeals, and start the game with a grade 3 initiate and two spells. If I were GM, I don't think I'd ever allow it.
Bullet Raven
Nice suite of programs! Keep up the good work biggrin.gif

(or else) cyber.gif
eidolon
"gamemasters may allow"

Found it. Momentary idiocy on my part.

I suggest giving it a "Has your GM okayed this?" pop up or something to clearly define it as optional.

Cal: Cost is given. It merely allows you to use spell points rather than Karma, so the cost would just be however much you spent to initiate. Also, no worries about him realizing this. If somebody wanted to nerf themselves to start off with masking, more power to them. smile.gif
eidolon
When adding a new vehicle, it seems that Speed is maxed out at 100. It auto-converts whatever I enter to 100. Also, the speed box can only display two digits.
eidolon
Something I just realized after adding my new mage to the GM Console and mucking around:

I can't change the mage's initiative to reflect the fact that he's running Increase Reaction and Increased Reflexes +3 spells. He's limited to 5 + 1d6, but with his spells locked into anchoring foci, he should be running at 11 + 4d6. frown.gif
eidolon
Hey arch, you alive out there? smile.gif
craigpierce
yep - i'm alive smile.gif

i haven't worked on JP much this week - i was starting to feel burned out, so i figured i'd take a week off. plus i've had a full week personally - i started taking some programming classes that my new job is paying for, an old friend i haven't seen in 2 years is coming to town and wants to have dinner this weekend, i'm trying to track down some hard-to-get wine that i really want, the wife and i are buying a house, and i run a website for my friends band that i needed to do some work on anyway [shameless plug]www.ekphrasis.org[/shameless plug]

ekphrasis.org is actually what's keeping me from volunteering to update the homepage of this site...that would be just too many things going on at once.

anyways - i am still around and that's a good suggestion about initiative raising spells. i'll look into that.
eidolon
No sweat dude. smile.gif My wife and I are trying to buy a house...3k miles away, so I know what you mean.

I checked out your friend's band's site. Do they have a CD for sale yet? What I heard seemed pretty cool.

Take care. We'll hold our breath for the next release. embarrassed.gif

biggrin.gif
craigpierce
QUOTE (eidolon)
No sweat dude. smile.gif  My wife and I are trying to buy a house...3k miles away, so I know what you mean.

where are you guys looking to buy?

QUOTE (eidolon)
I checked out your friend's band's site.  Do they have a CD for sale yet?  What I heard seemed pretty cool.
biggrin.gif

thanks - i know they have a CD, and i'll assume that they have copies. i'll send josh your email address and have him write you.

EDIT: oops. i forgot that dumpshock doesn't release email addresses in the profiles. just email josh@ekphrasis.org and ask him how to get a copy.
eidolon
PM'd you.
eidolon
Bug:

When you choose "Dependant(s)" as a flaw, it doesn't ask you to set the value. (It's variable, up to the GM.)

The Encephalon's rating gets added to the Task Pool, but it doesn't get added to the Hacking Pool. I checked the Math SPU, and it's getting added correctly.
Calahart
Hey, I just noticed that, as per SR3.297, accessories to Alphaware must also be Alpha. They use the example of Cybereyes. Jackpoint let me put standard thermographic vision mods into Alpha Cybereyes.

Now, I'm assuming that a generalized version of that rule would read "Any accessories installed into any other piece of cyberware must be of the same grade or better." Is this clarified somewhere?

I'll let you know of anything else as I find it.
eidolon
Bug:

I tried to buy a hand-held cyberware scanner and got the following error:
Conversion from string '*' to type 'Double' is not valid.
[ Spoiler ]

Also, I am unable to purchase even a rating 1 retinal scanner. You should be able to buy up to a rating 4 at chargen. (Availability is Rating + 2)

When adding stuff to cyber eyes, it won't let you exceed .5 essence worth of mods. You should be able to add more than that, it's just that after .5 it starts costing extra essence.
craigpierce
all added to the list!

thx!
craigpierce
ok - i hate that i've started to slack off on this project, but we close on our house next week and all of my free time for about a month will go into fixing it up the way we want it to be before we move in.

just know that i am very dedicated to JP and that i'll have another release out as soon as i can; hopfully with a version of the character updater like i said before.

till then, if any of you continue to use the current version and have any comments or questions, i'll be checking the boards often.

later!
eidolon
Woohoo! Congrats on the house closing. I know it's a hassle. Hope the fixing up goes well.

Don't worry, we'll be fine without a new release for a while.

No really. We'll be okay. It's not like I need it you know...I can quit anytime. I just use it to, you know, make characters, and stuff every once in a while. I can stop any time that I want to. It's not like I'm addicted to it.

I NEED IT !!!one one )(*&)#*&$#04398

wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012